Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
ashfield
Mags, glad you enjoyed your wee trip back to Glasgow. Foxes are pretty common in and around the city, you can see the almost anywhere. A neighbour of mine had a relative from the country staying with him and he saw our local fox, he said it was the first he had ever seen in 40 years.
stratson
My friend in Pollokshields has a regular fox coming into his garden.

Personally have never seen any though neighbours have remarked of seeing them occasionally in our communal back garden area.

Would appear they are becoming more tame(or gallus) laugh.gif

Mags, what wildlife comes into your garden, it appears quite large!
ashfield
This is our local fox, it had a partner and two young cubs at the time. They were sunbathing in my neighbours garden and got a bit huffed when I disturbed them unsure.gif

Click to view attachment
Angela Chick
Mags glad you had a lovely time on your visit back.

Betty hope you enjoy Malta and tell my mum i said hello and she better be behaving herself. biggrin.gif Im off to Spain a week on saturday looking forward to it, need to start packing etc but thats no chore. Sunshine here we come. biggrin.gif
Tori G
Wee Mags, sounds like you had a wonderful time back home with family and also some of Our lovely friends from gg too, plus seeing Betty again as your surprise how wonderful, glad to hear. smile.gif

Hi Angela, looking to forward to hearing about Your Mum and Betty"s time with each other. Whats this, you and Mark away again to the sunshine, well done! and well deserved! Snofare having europe on your door step so to speak, awe am jealous, tongue.gif

Jakka has the baby been born yet?? Hope your doing fine lovely lady. x
wee mags
I was wondering if Betty got back from her holiday?
Gemini
not yet mags she left on the 18th so I am assuming this Saturday will be her return date.
jakka13
It seems I never get five minutes to myself these days .This is a very busy time for me .I'm trying to get all the outside stuff done but the weather isn't helping me .It's comin' doon in buckets right now so all my outdoor cushions will be soaked again .Once I get the outside done I'll make a start on the inside .We close up here on Oct 6th .On top of everything else I've been stitching one of my pictures for the baby so that has been a priority .
Baleted thanks for all the lovely birthday messages ,I'm sorry it's taken me so long to send my thanks .
We had a lovely day on Sunday we got to visit with my new Great Grandson Gavin .He was three weeks old on Sunday .He's magic.
Talk to you all soon .Promise .My PC is really acting up so I think once we get home and settled we'll have to go shopping for a new one . biggrin.gif
boots
Hi folks, I haven't been around for awhile but it seems like everyone visiting Betty's room is gadding about all over. Sounds like you had a great trip Mags and Betty, I gather, is still away on hers while Angela's jist rarin tae go. Jakka, I've been trying to get ahold of you through my mail page but it is accepting stuff I don't want mixed in with my regular mail (they have an agreement with facebook) and I just can't get to you. Congrats grandma, on the arrival of young Gavin and I'm sorry I missed your birthday. So now I see you plan to enjoy the cottage til mid-October, sounds great, wish I were there.

Those are great pictures of the cute little kids ready for communion and I don't think I've met anyone yet who posted them, so howdy folks, pleased to meet you.
stratson
Good to see you Boots, trust you are keeping well.

Yes, everyone is flittin' to and fro. laugh.gif

Jakka, was wondering when we'd find out Baby's birth.

Welcome to your G/G/son Gavin. Am assuming photos are in the Gallery. Will have a look,

So nice to see you back on G.G. Take Care.
jakka13
Hi Everyone ,been having a HeLLL@v! time with my computer .I tried to post a picture of our new baby but it didn't work out .Boots my dear if you read this I'll call you in a couple of days .I've been soooooo busy since we got back home .We've had health problems ,my fridge on the fritze ,I bumped the back end of the van ,you name it it's happened .I'm so tired right now I could just sleep where I sit .
I promise once we get everything back in working order I'll spend more time here .Toerag if you read this thanks for the B/D card ,sorry I didn't get back to you but I just got it when we got home last week .I'll also drop you a line when we get everything sorted .CHEERS Jakka
angel
Nice to see you posting Jakka, hope you are well smile.gif
Java
Ah'll second that biggrin.gif
wee mags
smart hat you have on java ,I have been having trouble with my back I can only sit on seat for a wee while but am still alive I think
Melody
Great to see you posting Mags. smile.gif Hope your back improves pal. Take care.
jimmyd
Hi all , just thought I would pop in , and say hello. looks like this is where all the stalwarts hing oot. Hope you are all well .. just saw the weather you are having in Glasgow brrrrrr ! my god you are a hardy lot , must be aw they deep fried Mars bars . lol
All is well in my wee world... wink.gif
Angela Chick
Morning,

Hey Jimmy glad to hear all is well in Oz biggrin.gif never ate a deep fried mars bar in my puff lol, never even seen one for that matter lol. Oh i need another holiday in the sun this snow would drive you to drink. biggrin.gif
Melody
Great to see my old pals posting this morning. Hope all is well with you all. smile.gif
jaybee
Can another old pal post here? Big news for me... coming back to the Dear Green Place around 18th to 20th this month...FOR GOOD... got my mother in to a nursing home next door to where my niece lives and now to start my life. I will be coming back to Canada around 6-8 week intervals to see ma wee mammy and do some admin work for her but from now on my husband and I can start our new life. Will catch up with all the postings some day (well maybe not)....Jaybee
glasgow lass
That is really great news jaybee and I hope that you have a wonderful life ahead.It would be nice if you could keep us up as to how your doing in our home land.Aw the best jaybee have a safe trip . biggrin.gif
annie laurie
All the Best to you Jaybee,

iI bet you don't believe this day has finally arrived, as i know you have been planning this for quite some time, right .?

Enjoy, and please do let us know from time to time how life is treating you,

Merry Christmas
AWRA for 2011

jaybee
I will and I will have more time to enjoy this site again. Hope the snow is all gone by next week. I thought I was leaving harsh winters behind me here but it looks like it is worse in Scotland... oh well, sods law.
keelie gal
Hello folks just popping in to wish you all a very merry christmas and all the best for 2011 ....have a good one folks xxxxxxx
annie laurie
Hello Keelie Gal,

I was just reading over some old posts just yesterday and i was wondering what had happened to you, how you were doing,

I must have sent you a message via telepathy biggrin.gif

Hope this finds you and Your's all well have a nice Christmas Holiday

Nice to see your posting again,
Cheers
OXO ::
keelie gal
Hello Annie hope you are well ,nice to hear from you yes its been a while since i was last on i have been studying hard the last 2 years as well as working full time ,so it hasnt left me much time to get online unless i was swatting have a nice xmas annie all the best xx
penny dainty
Its nice to see a lot of the old faces back on here. I myself have been absent for a while too and coming back reminds me of the good times we used to have , the laughs and the journeys we used to take , whether it was on a big yellow bus or a cruise liner.Ive missed the banter and the camaradiry, ( did i spell that right)? Guess what i'm sayin is time we wuz back. wub.gif
wee mags
I have not been on for a while iam having trouble with my back and find it hard to sit down too long ,Iam hoping that the dr can fix it this time ,Ihope you all had a Merry Christmas and also I wish you a giud NEW YEAR Fae Mags
jakka13
what a treat to come on here tonight and see all the old pals coming in .Like a lot of you I;ve had stuff to contend with and didn;t have much time for the boards .I hope things will be a bit better next year .Mags I hope you get your back sorted out soon .
I want to wish all of you a Very Happy and Healthy New Year .
Cheers jakka
Elma
It is like old times, isn't it? Great to hear from you all again, like mags, keelie jaybee and jakka. I haven't been on too much recently, I get so mad at some of the really obnoxious posts that I have given up posting - except when I see my friends on here! smile.gif

Hope you get your back fixed mags and that everyone has a healthy, happy 2011.

wub.gif you all.
Melody
Aw great to see you all posting. No doubt about it most of the fun of the boards used to be in this wee hoose. How's about a New Year party? Mind we used to have them? If ye aw mind tae come back we could have a great sing song. smile.gif Happy New Year to all old pals and the best of everything in 2011.
jakka13
Hi Melody,I'm with you.A party sounds like a good idea .Efter I dae the sters I'l make some of my punch and make some millionairs shortbread .Maybe Wee Jimmy will give us a song and I'm sure if Tori knows there's a party she'll join in .Keelie Gal hope you are doing well hen .It was a lovely surprise to see your name pop up in here .What about Betty ? Da ye think she'll mind us takin over her wee hoose ?
Mary48
Less than 24 hours and the bells'll be ringing!!
ah still love this time of year.

Hi, all
Thanks for the coffee and shortbread, Betty.

Hope tae see ye furra bells
wee mags
well yae cin count me in fur the Hogmany party and am sure Jimmy orWel field will give us a wee song ,sorry I wont be able tae dae ma heilin flng ,this year but never mind I will think of something ,AWE the best tae awe my pals old and new biggrin.gif
RonD
Cin be the first fit, I'm tall dark and hand...... well ah'm talla and dark!
Ah'll bring a bit o' black bu an a wee dram as well as a lump o' coal. See yeez then.
annie laurie
Alright,

Then what time does the party begin,
Are we bringing in the New Year via N>Z> OZ then U>K> then Canada

Was that no the way we did it before one year
O>K> Jimmyd

I look forward to hearing you bringing in the New Year [singing your heart out O>K>}

I am 8 hours behind U>K> and >>>>>>>I think 16 hours behind OZ,

How can we work this oot, guys

i can stay up all night easy peasy some how on Nere'day you just cannea sleep somehow right ???

the clock is ticking

cheers
Everybody,

who is first i think it is you Jimmy as i don't think we have a poster in N>Z> I cannot remember ? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

annie laurie
Alright,

Then what time does the party begin,
Are we bringing in the New Year via N>Z> OZ then U>K> then Canada

Was that no the way we did it before one year
O>K> Jimmyd

I look forward to hearing you bringing in the New Year [singing your heart out O>K>}

I am 8 hours behind U>K> and >>>>>>>I think 16 hours behind OZ,

How can we work this oot, guys

I can stay up all night easy peasy, some how on Nere'day you just cannea sleep somehow right ???

the clock is ticking

cheers
Everybody,

who is first i think it is you Jimmy as i don't think we have a poster in N>Z> I cannot remember ? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

annie laurie
OOPS clicked two quickly there

sorry!!!!!!

Welland I almost forgot about you
Will you come as well
I know you love to sing,

comoan don't be shy bring your brother as well O>K. laugh.gif
Elma
O boy, a party! I have some mince pies and butter tarts so I'll bring them along. I'm not too good at the singing but if you all sing really loudly then I can join in laugh.gif and I'll be up and dancing too and I'm sure you'll manage a wee dance Mags. Roll on the bells......
Mary48
ah'll be oot when the bells ring in NZ and Aus so ah'll try'n'be here at mn in Glasgow. Ah'll fill ma bacardi bottle wae watter so ah can pretend cos 8am's a wee bit early fur me even oan ne'erday smile.gif

Opps, dizzat mean ah'll go through 2011 faking it?? hahaha
Mary48
http://www.celticmusicradio.net/hogmanay-live
ah've sent them a msg asking if it would be broadcast around the world or restricted to the UK. Will let you know if I hear back from them smile.gif
Melody
Aw what a treat this is to see you all again in Betty's hoose. smile.gif Hope you've all got the new pinnys for the Bells. Who's makin' the steak pie? Noo mind nae drink before The Bells. You lot over the water and in faraway places we'll jist kid on ye's are here in good auld Glesga toon. Ye never know mibbee oor Betty will pop in. Mind the Ginger Wine for the weans somebody and mind and get hame tae yer ain hooses sometime in the next week. laugh.gif
Melody
It's now that I start getting very sad thinking of all the years gone by. Family members and friends who are no longer with us and how important they have been in our lives and how much we have loved and missed them all. If just for a second we could have them all back again. wub.gif We can do nothing but move on in hope and love for those around us. Hold tight to loved ones tonight. It's awright ah'll be back to normal after the bells. smile.gif Take care all for auld lang syne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJRmdN9iyU...feature=related

Mary48
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah've had plenty ginger wine cos ah wis the driver the night.
Hope you all have the best New Year and that 2011 brings you all you could ask for for yourself.

5 hours till the bells, hope yer hooses are aw sparkling (ah see Betty's is!)
Have a wee rest so ye can get a 2nd breath for after smile.gif

Ah'm like you, Melody, ah get quite maudlin afore the bells and when singin Auld Lang Syne but snap out of it afterwards
wee davy
HAPPY NEW YEAR DOWN UNDER! X
Elma
I'll dring a wee toast at 5 o'clock my time to celebrate New Year in Glasgow then every hour as 2011 arrives across Canada. By the time it reaches British Columbia I'll be a very happy bunny. HAAPPY NEWWWW YEAAAAR everyone laugh.gif wub.gif
wee mags
well ur we awe here ,Ihave the steak pie and some Dundee cake also a black bun ,and no forgetting the Shortbread AWE THE BEST to yin an awe ohmy.gif
penny dainty
I did exactly the same thing in Brisaben at 10am this morning Elma , happy new year everyone .
Melody you hit the nail on the head, i really dont like new year any more as i have the same emotions as you mentioned and it makes me so sad, why it is more poignant at new year i dont know , but i always shed a wee tear for those now gone and memories , and as you said as soon as the bells have rung in the new year i'm fine again till next new year .
Gemini

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R

O N E A N D A L L

wub.gif
Angela Chick
Lovely to see some old posters popping in biggrin.gif lets hope 2011 is good to us all in every way.

Lang may yer lumb reek. biggrin.gif
Isobel
Happy New Year to all my old friends and new. Last year was quite a year for us Luke was born on June 24th. Just to finish the year off with a bang Lilah was born on the 30th December. I now have three lovely little grand children. How good life is. May 2011 be good to all of us. Health and much happinness to all.
Melody I am like you I cant stop thinking of all those dear ones who are no longer with us,it can also be a sad time for many .Today I took my decorations down and am happy to say things are getting back to normal here. I would like to see some snow. We have had nothing, not a drop in Georgetown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.