Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Last time I spoke with Angela Mark was progressing well , and she is thinking more positive [ keep smilin pal] biggrin.gif From here on things can only get better.

Jaybee nice to hear from you y/no its a year since we last met [a great day it was too] Let me know when youre back in town I enjoyed my last visit with you so much we must do it again cheers to all who pop in for a chat or just to catch up
Tori G
HI Jakka hope all is doing well for Ashley and the baby she's carrying, and I hope your Grandson and Yourselfs are ok too. Hugs xoxox

Angela my dear if you happen to look in, sorry to hear about Mark being in hospital, hope all is getting better now, and hope your holding up a lot better now too. Hugs xoxo

Been thinking of everyone in my prayers.
jakka13
Thanks for all the good wishes pals ,you are truely a great bunch .We had a great time in Florida and the news from Ashley and the baby is good .No harm done from the accident .We're busy painting our family room ,new floor and furniture to come so give me a couple of weeks and then let the party begin .I hope Angelachick will be able to have a wee celebration with us all then.Mark is in my prayers .
I'll pick up the stuff for some of my knock out punch ,Tori you supply the music ,I'll bake whatever anybody wants and it should be a blast .
Elma
Nice to see you back again Jakka, I bet you enjoyed your trip.
Your punch sure is a knock-out, yes, let's get that party rolling, I'm not too good at the baking but I'm a dab hand at drop scones.... biggrin.gif
betty2
Well am nae baker but a great organiser when it comes tae throwin a bash, so whenever am up fur it. Could be daen wae a bit o a laff n cairry oan or should ah say cairry oot biggrin.gif Its oan record that ah know how tae pairty
Tori G
Betty a good laff n cairryoot sounds good to me, ah'll be needing that efter I get over this blimmin flu ah hiv, doctor thought i was close to having pneumonia, so she put me on ventolin for now to open my airways and clear my lungs, so Jakka ahm no use with the music at the moment,... maybe Melody can organise it.
Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday Jakka and that Ashley and the baby are doing good. x

Angela pal if your looking in hope Mark is doing better and your coping better too. x
wee mags
well betty the weather here is back to normal after all that 70s and 80s too hot too soon
today it is in the 50s much better
jaybee
Jings Betty, sorry I huvny looked in for a while. Thanks for the wee note. A year already? Hardly seems like last week. I was back a couple of times since our wee meet up. don't know when the next time will be. My sister seems to have bother with the responsibility of my mother. I sure hope it is soon though. Any news from Angela re Mark? Hope all is well. Jaybee
*betty2*
Hi jaybee, sorry for not answerig you sooner but have,nt been coming on lately. Well the update on mark is he is doing very good, spoke to Angela the other night and she says all is well .During our conversation I.could hear Mark laffin in the background when we discovered Angela,s mum and myself are bookrd in to the same hotel in malta . She will be spending her last 3 days by the time I arrive so we.ll be meeting up. Mark says "god help malta when they two get the gither." Will pm you shortly with more news about life here in my part of glesca toon. and what I,ve been doin with myself, believe me you.ll be surprised when you see what I.ve been indulging in. rolleyes.gif All above board of course me bein first and always a LADY
To all other friends who pass through this door "hi-de hi!"
betty2
latest news on Mark and Angela is they are both doin fine now that he [Mark] is on the mend. So good is it that they are flying out to spain this week[ thats hopin that there are no more ash flyin around to stop them. Terrible aint it I hope its all settled by september for my trip. And guess what Angelas mum and me are booked into the same hotel only thing is she is there 8 days before me but I will get to mweet her. Great intit both fae glesca and meetin for the first time in malta, and I feel I know her through my conversations with Angela. Same thing with me and catherines mum I met her at wee mags house and since then we have become firm friends meeting once a week and holidaying together. A lot to be said for this site not only meetin friends but families also. Well I,m off to see whats on telly dont feel the need for my bed just yet, God nite all rolleyes.gif
stratson
Great news re, Angela and Mark, Thanx a lot. biggrin.gif
Tori G
I second that Stratson, thanks Betty! Good news smile.gif
Elma
Does anyone know how or where Betty is? Haven't heard from her for ages.

C'mon girls, let's get this place cleaned up a bit then maybe she'll pop back in.
Melody
Elma, you read my mind I was just thinking about Betty today. I've not heard from her in ages. This used to be a great place to come just for a blether and a wee cuppa. smile.gif
Java
Jings, ye could write yer name oan that radiogram...yoos are for it when she dis get in...huh.gif
Melody
Whit dae ye mean yoos. laugh.gif
Java
S'a well known fact ah'm allergic tae dusters...they cause a reaction in me...wan sight and ah'm inexplicably drawn tae the kettle laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Well if it's oan get another cup and we'll jist think aboot the dusters for a wee while. laugh.gif
Elma
Thanks girls, it's what I do best - getting served laugh.gif and thinking about work!!
wee mags
well betty I have not been into your wee house for a while as I have benn busy with the grandweans ,well Sarah is on leave for the summer and she is taking care of them ,the weather here just now is so hot and humid,its hard to breath at times ,I hope all is well with you and yours biggrin.gif
Java
Mornin' Mags...ah hope it gets cooler soon for ye. biggrin.gif

Us, oan the ither hand...ah think that Melody's been rain dancin' again....huh.gif
Melody
Imagine somebody wishing for it tae cool doon. Mags we're waitin' for it tae heat up. laugh.gif See if ah've tae go oot and bring that washin' in wan mair time ah'm no gaunni be happy.
Java
laugh.gif

'Mon we'll set up wanny they whirly gig dryin' thingies in the livin' room...we can have a wee swing oan it while we're dryin' the sheets laugh.gif
Melody
Oh ah think that's a magic idea Java. smile.gif See when ye were wee did ye ever make a tent in the livin'room wi a tablecloth or somethin' and hide under the table? Don't say ye never or ah'll look awfy weird in front o' folk.
Java
Aye ah did ... oors wis a sheet put up between the back o' the chair and ma mammy's good tea trolley...mind ye, that wis afore we took a hurl doon the hill oan it and broke it laugh.gif

They've magic properties they sheets and tablecloths and things tho...when yer under them, naebody ootside it can hear a word ye say...s'a well known fact. laugh.gif
Melody
Dae ye know Java ye made me think of something that always makes me smile. Well ye always dae that tae me but this is different. laugh.gif
Ah used tae get the bus home from primary school wi a pal and the bus would sit at the terminus for a wee while usually before setting off. One of our teachers used to get on the same bus and sit a good few seats behind us. We were aware of her but would never have thought that she might hear our conversations. Years later that same teacher told ma pal's Dad that the the two of us had very interesting conversations on that bus. Ah still wonder what on earth we must have been saying. rolleyes.gif
Java
It's a bit like when ye wur wee ye hid behind yer hauns thinkin' naebody could see ye laugh.gif

Ye've got me ponderin' yer conversations noo...laugh.gif
wee mags
well ladies am still makinf tents in the living room my wee granson told his dad
' Granma makes the best tents dad biggrin.gif
'
Melody
Aw brilliant Mag, noo that's the sign o' the best granny in the world. smile.gif Mags can you hear whit the weans are saying when they're under there? laugh.gif Just check, it's in the interests of science.
betty2
Hullowrerr friends, have,nt been able to visit , so much been goin on in my life recently but here I am once again back . Its nice to see the faithful friends kept the door open and the welcome mat in place during my absence. You are truly friends worth having

Made a lot of changes in my life these past few months but a happy ending came out of it all.Thanks to catherine , wee mags and Angela for their support during this time and keeping in touch by phone, I truly appreciated it.

Enough abot me lets be hearin how you are all getting on. You are a true bunch of friends and neighbours And I.m proud to know you all
stratson
It's lovely to see you back again Betty, I wondered about you. So glad all is well. biggrin.gif
Elma
Great to see you back again Betty, I hope the changes you have made are all positive and that you are happy with them. wub.gif
Melody
Aw an auld pal great to see you on here Betty. Hope your changes are all good ones. smile.gif .
betty2
Its as they say ladies "Things can only get better" thanks for the welcome posts. rolleyes.gif
ashfield
Good to see you back Betty, missing all your tales laugh.gif Noo Catherine, where's she hidin' unsure.gif
betty2
Hi ashfield, catherine has been a busy wummin. She had her mum and niece over for a holiday, these past 3 weeks. And the boys are keeping her on her toes most of the time with soccer practise. This is the joys of motherhood rolleyes.gif

Spoke to her today so for now she is chilling out after her hectic time . But thats catherine always on the go

Had a wee accident the day , bent down to pick something off the floor in the kitchen an stoated my head off the counter, what a crack I got right on the temple, was seeing double for a bit but ok now the pain is easing off. Noo its time tae study whits oan telly biggrin.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (betty2 @ 23rd Jul 2010, 08:25pm) *
Noo its time tae study whits oan telly biggrin.gif

That wull no take long laugh.gif

Thanks for the info on Catherine, good to know she is ok.
betty2
So far it looks like its gonny be a nice day , hope its gonny be a profitable wan am off tae bingo . As most of you know about my failing eyesight well the club now blow my bingo books up for me which is enabling me to continue playing bingo, is that no great.Well for me it is. The old eyes are,nt getting any better but am managing tae struggle on .Nae use complainin things could be a lot worse. rolleyes.gif
wee mags
Hi yI might be over in August ,Michael is checking out when he has time so keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can meet up again rolleyes.gif
stratson
Hope you get your trip back wee mags. Your friends will all be looking forward to seeing you. Mind you the Yank and g/weans will be lost without you. smile.gif
betty2
Mags that would be great I go on holiday on the 18th september so make it before then , would hate to miss seeing you again.. wub.gif
wee mags
stratson maybe you can join us if I make it ,it would be in August ,Iam waiting for Michael to find out when he has the time wink.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif Lookin forward to meeting up with both of you biggrin.gif
jakka13
Just thought I'd pop in with some pinapple tarts .I've not been in much this summer .First it was the knitting and now any spare time I have I'm stitching a birth announcement for the next great grand wean to be . We don't know what it is yet as they wanted a surprise .There's been no ill effects from the car accident and all being well due date is the end of the month .Wouldn't it be a nice birthday present for me ?.
Well pals ,I did the stairs so that's a wee bit done .I'll try and get back in soon now that all the gang are dropping back in .Cheers Jakka
betty2
Spent three lovely meets with mags. And I was invited to her sister in law,s for her birthday treat [mags that is] What a lovely family , mags enjoyed her visit home but was leaving for london to visit with her sister. Michael too enjoyed his visit and the weather was nice and sunny for them. She should be making her way home now so we.ll hear the rest from her biggrin.gif

Catherine and her mother joined us for lunch on one occasion so it was great to meet with such dear old friends [awrite catherine youre no as auld in years] but in the time we,ve known one another it has proved to be a lasting friendship spreading over almost a decade
wee mags
Well here Iam at last back tae the auld grind but what a lovely time I had in Maryhill went to the cemetry to see my Mothers grave ,and see my auld hoose nice memories for me ,I got picked up by Valley boy and taken to his House for a wee tea me and my Sister -in -law ,what a nice time time talking of all the old times in Guthrie St I also met Valleyboys wife Betty what alovely lady she is ,they made us feel like family
then my nieces and nephews gave me a surprise Birthday what a great bunch they are ,and my surprise was oor Betty I had a lump in my throat when I saw her sitting there ,she is truly a good friend thanks Betty .
then next day off to the Art Galleries to see the Glasgow boys art works ,I was dissapointed at how they were hung ,it was hard to view them as people were walking in front of you ,and it was in such a small place,then across the st to a wee resturant for tea,so you can see I had a busy time and LOVED every moment of it wub.gif .
toerag
Hi Mags, nice to see yer back, and had a lovely time, remember whit comes around goes around thats why everyone was so nice tae ye!! Knew you would have a smashing time! great memories, eh
Mags sounds like you had a smashing time.Looking forward to seeing all your pictures
stratson
Hello mags, .....Am pleased you had a lovely holiday and got doing the things you longed to do.
Seeing your friends again is so good. Pity about the the Galleries.
However, the time does pass quickly.
No matter how good the holiday, is always nice getting home to your own bed again.
You have your nice memories.
smile.gif
wee mags
i ment to tell you of one night as we were driving home from my sister -in -laws house I saw this wee dog and said awe look ,I have never seen adog like that wae the pointed nose and big bushy tail ,well sais my niece its not a dog its a fox ,kin you imagine that a fox near the Mitchell well I never rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.