Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
tammy
Hiya Betty, have had you in my thoughts lately and just wanted to say hello! And since I was here, I did a quick clean, put the kettle on and left you some lovely chocolates to enjoy. I see you're still travelling the globe! Good on you! I keep in touch with Jakka, Angela, Keeli, Karen and Tori regularly. Well Tori isn't on as much, but we still keep in contact. Are you getting yourself ready for Christmas? How is your grandson doing? I am almost organized, since we are off Dec.9-20 to the Mayan Riviera. Can't wait, it's been very cold and wet, much like Glasgow weather! Phil and I had a week in LA, Las Vegas and Phoenix in October, so that was a nice break too. We need our sunshine! lol! Back to workk Friday then off until the 21st of Dec. Can't wait! Well left you some Christmas cheer under the sink where you'll be sure to find it. Cheers! Hello to all. wub.gif
Tori G
Hi there Tammy, long time no post, well you must be busy with all those shifts getting peeps to hospital eh. Good to see you doing some cleaning and stocking up in here Betty and others will be happy, I had to do some more hoovering and mopping as some how there was dirty foot prints aw over the place??? Maybee's it was Kaneman he's forever hungry an thirst lol. Disnae matter, as long as he learns to clean up after himsel??? Oh well's gota run noo and have a poke around the other topics.
Catherine
Hiya everybudy!!
Oh wherr did it aw start to get so busy? Ah feel hauf the time when ahm about tae faw asleep at night ah remember hauf the things ahv still tae dae an huvnae done yet laugh.gif

Never mind, Christmas is comin, ye's aw ready? Ahm up tae ma eyes in paint the noo, wish ah hudnae startit.......as usual........ an wherr wur ye Melody tae remind me of this??? That is spacifically yer job an ye no that laugh.gif

Ocht well, another day hopefully an that'll be me finished.
Lovely tae see ye's all, Tammy an Tori it's been too long, an hiya Kaneman hope ye like dietin pal cos it looks like ye'v no been fed yit!
betty great ye enjoyed, knew ye would pet.
Bilbo you should invite us ower...we'd be dead good an behave wursels.....we would!!
Melody
Catherine, don't you be paintin' ohmy.gif Did ye no here me shoutin' tae ye when ye lifted that big pot o' paint? laugh.gif
Gemini
hey Melody long time no see or chat, how are you doing, and Catherine you know this is the time of year when I do my painting, well not this year, had painter come in and do it for me, still waiting to have operation done, so I couldn't do the painting, but it was worth paying someone to do it for me.
betty2
Merry Xmas, have,nt been on here in ages , but just want to wish all my friends on here a very merry xmas and a prosperous new year. Especially to those members who sent me personal seasons greetings I will be in touch with you personally. Its nice that I was remembered after such a long absence.

Had a lovely day with catherine yesterday and we were joined later by her sister who brought Max and Jake We all had a rerr terr. Kaneman I,ll put on a special xmas brekkie just for you .
betty2
Hi melody MERRY XMAS Apologies for not saying hello earlier, dont get the time to use the comp much these days , busy with other things so when I do get time to myself its relaxey vous. Just curl up on the couch and watch a film.. Have a nice time during the holiday season biggrin.gif
Elma
Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year Betty to you and yours. Hope you'll be posting again soon, we miss you on here. wub.gif
Melody
Happy New Year tae Betty's In Masel. We've had some of the best times on the boards in here. Tae Auld freens. Cheers. wub.gif
Java
Happy New Year biggrin.gif

Izat soup ah can smell? Ocht, if ye insist...jist a wee plate then... huh.gif
Angela Chick
Happy New Year and all the best for 2010. biggrin.gif

Snow has been lying here since 21st Dec no sign of a thaw anytime soon. Roll on the summer need sun in my face. cool.gif
Melody
Happy New Year Angela, lovely to see you. smile.gif Hope all are well with you.
wee mags
tae awe ma chinas All The Best fot a Happy and Healthy New Year ,my new yeR RESELUTION IS TAE STOP BY MERE OFTEN wub.gif oops I hit the wrang key
Melody
All the Best to you and yours Mags for 2010. wub.gif Great to see you.
wee mags
hey Melody how come you cin se me an a cannae see you? biggrin.gif
jakka13
I wish I could see you all wub.gif
Melody
Aw what a rare treat to see you two this mornn' . wub.gif Jakka, Mags disnae know aboot ma special vision specs. laugh.gif
zascot
Hav`nt been here for ages, nice to see that some of the original people are still around I guess I will have to brush up on my Glasgow typing. This site brings back lots of good memories, Remember the Ruchazie thread? I never laughed so much in my life. Anyway I wish you all the best for the New Year and hope to talk to you soon.
Melody
Same to you Zascot all the very best you, nice to see you posting again. smile.gif
betty2
Happy new year pals , wee bit late wae it but better that than never. Been havin a busy time here , spent a day with catherine and her boys, then had a trip to edinburgh to see the musical "we will rock you" a fantastic show well worth the trip in freezing weather.

Hope 2010 IS A GOOD ONE FOR YOU ALL
jakka13
All the best to you to Betty and all the other pals who drop in to" dae the stairs and polish the brass. Haven't posted much but you are always in my thoughts .Cheers Jakka
Tori G
All the best for the New Year Betty and Everyone.

Hi Jakka good to see you poppin in lovely lady xoxo

Kisses and hugs to all the other lovely ladies on here too.

I'll just scout around in here and put awe the decorations away back under the stairs. That should please Betty when she gets back in. Oh I'll stoke the fire up, and get the place feeling nice and cozy for anyone dropping by.
jakka13
I just missed you Tori .Lovely fire . I'll just have a quick cuppa tea and leave these cream buns for whoever comes in next .Cheers Jakka
betty2
Sittin here wae a hoat cuppa, a cream bun an toastin ma tootsies by the roarin fire biggrin.gif what better way to spend a cauld wintry day. Cheers tae aw the regulars who pass this way and stop tae chat. rolleyes.gif
betty2
Left the kettle oan a peep an have stoked the fire for the next visitor
jakka13
Lovely fire Betty .If I hear the coal man I'll get him tae drap ye a bag .Pure Baltic here .Long Johns and woolly hats are the order ..I put a cerry oot under the sink .A wee hot toddy might jist hit the spot .
jakka13
My Goodness,Nobody came in since I was here yesterday !!!!!.The fire's neer oot and the kettle's aff the boil .Right sleeves up ,get the fire sorted ,put the home made tea biscuits in the press and get the kettle on .My goodness the poor hoose looks neglected .Who last did the stairs ? or polished the brass?? .The windows need cleaned and the whole place could use a dust . I know we've awe been busy but come oan lassies lets get Betty's sorted out .I'll jist run doon tae the shope for some pipe clay and get the stairs washed who's going ta help ?
betty2
Right therr wae yi jakka, you tackle the sterrs an ah,ll get startit wae the windaes . Haud oan ah think ah hear the coalman
Tori G
Ah'll help Jakka...I see what you mean aboot the mess, and thanks for stoking up the fire again Jakka, dont you fall over mind in awe that snow out side, I'll just grab the cleaning cloths and sit by the fire, clean the ornaments, and do some dusting, then I'll clean the windaes, ah should be warm enough by then, but am no hinging oot them cause I'll become a ice statue fur shoor and besides some of them are shut tight with snow. '
Oh ah hope Jakka's alright oot there, I'll leave the hoovering to someone else am fair puffed oot now with them windows, time for me to go and get my own hoose done noo...
Tori G
laugh.gif Betty ah didnae see you come in did you use the back door, ah'll let the coal man in and nermind about the windaes theyre done, must've been when ah turned aff the lights you didnae notice, good to see you you look great must be all those holidays eh, lucky duck you are annawe, you'll have to excuse me ah got a run betty the wee yin's calling me noo, Jakka should be back soon enough though. luvs ya x.
jakka13
Good to see you in Betty and you to Tori .I was getting worried when the place was empty for so long .This used to be the HUB.Where is everyone?come on in lassies and laddies ,if you want .I've got the makin's for some of my Knock Out Punch and I made a batch of Millionairs Shortbread .I'll look oot the punch bowl and start with the Vodka and then the Rye and then the pineapple juice .Tra la la .I feel good tonight .Mixing away here now for some Orange juice and the rest and we're all set . wink.gif
jakka13
Helloooooo!!!!!!.Any body out there ?????? I'm hic almost half way through this punch bowl .Where in the name of the wee man are you all .Tori came in all the way from down under .Where are all the other members who used to take their turn o' the stairs or chase Frankies weans or just come in for wee blether and a cup o'tea or what ever took your fancy .Come on wee mags ,where's your chat and you Isobel and all the pals who made this space the meeting place ???????
wee mags
Hi Jakka ,soory I missed you ,but Iwas watching a daft movie ,the weather here the day is no bad a bit rain ,better than snow eh?.
how are you this weather ?welll am off tae be nosey on the boards
betty2
Auld acquantances are ne,er furgoat in here jakka rolleyes.gif Tori an mags sorry ah missed youse. Ah cin smell the home bakin an ah hear jakka singin whilst she,s mixin . Ohhhh happy days are here again biggrin.gif

The hoose is lookin good thanks for the helpin hands o friends
jakka13
Good tae see somebody is lookin' in .I was begining to think I was the only one posting here .Well I drank the punch hic (got fed up waiting wink.gif ) I ate most of the millionairs shortbread but there's lots more where that came from .Anyone up for a wee adventure ? Catherine you've usually got some plan in mind .Remember the PAN DROP caper ?. Now that was a laugh .I'm trying to make up my mind what to bring in next .Macaroons or tablet or rum balls or la la la la
Melody
Ah don't suppose anybody thought tae get a Sunday Post did they? See if Jimmyd comes in he'll be lookin' for it and try no tae let him too near that fire or naebody else'll get a heat. laugh.gif
Great to see auld pals. wub.gif
betty2
Melody if jimmy comes in fur a read at the sunday post . tell him tae leave ma crossword . Its daen things tlike that keeps ma mind and wits sharp rolleyes.gif

Jakka macaroons sound good , but then aw treats are .

Great tae see familiar faces again cheers pals

Noo am off tae meet catherine,s mum for lunch
Java
apple blossoms...apple blossoms....we waaant apple blossoms....

That's the board equivalent of sendin' ye vibes Jakka laugh.gif
Melody
Jakka's makin' me Apple Blossoms first ah'm aulder than you Java.
jakka13
If it's appleblossoms you want then that's what I'll make .It might take me a couple of days .I've got appointments the next two days so I won't get a chance to shop for apples .It was good to see you bothin at Betty's .I've missed all the chat . Cheers Jean wink.gif
Isobel
Hi All, God its good to read all your great posts again. I have not been on the board that much,to be honest got a wee bit fed up , but this is the place to be with my old friends. Mags Jean Betty and the rest of you . I'v got some Bailys irish cream here can a give you a wee drop in your tea or coffee.Jean got any of the great fudge you make.
Betty glad you had a good holiday, but your a wee bit like me you can enjoy yourself no matter what.Hey Catherine I had no idea you were going back home, hope you had a great trip.I am going on holiday this week end going to Punta Cana for two weeks will talk to you all when I get back.
Jean I hope you are keeping well. Isobel
Melody
Oh oor wee hoose is shinin' bright and we're gettin' Apple Blossoms. Could life hold more? Ah'll bring in a few messages fae work the night and mind the ice when ye's go oot and watch yer feet.
wee mags
am gonnae bring ma Susan Boyles C D ,I love her singing "Wild Horses "so that we cin jist sit relax and hiv a cuppa , Melody when you get the messages could you get some butter mints at Markies ,ta see ya later wink.gif
jakka13
Hi Mags ,just bought the Susan CD .Love all of it !!!!!.I'll no get bakin' till the weekend .Lots of stuff to take care of here .I'll make lots of blossoms don't worry .Would anybody like fruit in there's ????
I sometimes put raisins in with the apples .Shout out what you want .
This wee hoose is begining to warm up .For a while thee I thought oor Betty had moved !!!!.Nobody about the place ,the stairs needing done never mind all the other stuff .Manky Frankie's weans all over the place .I just hoped I wasn't to late to get this wee hoose up and running again .
Well lassies I've a busy day ahead tomorrow so I'll bid you all goodnight .
cheers Jakka blink.gif
Isobel
Mags I heard some of that cd its really good. Jean I guess you did'nt read my post on the previous page I am really craving your fudge.Meant to ask Betty how she been doing at the bingo any luck these days/. ttfn going to bed.
toerag
Just love that Susan Boyle cd, especiall like her singing How Great thou art, they sang it at John's wee mammy's funeral last July in St. Mungos, oh it was lovely so I like to hear Susan Boyle sing that.... memories! Whits your favourite?
jakka13
I think that's my favourite song as well .Mind you I enjoyed the whole CD.Well I"ll have to get out to the shops tomorrow .I've the apples to buy and now Isobel want's fudge .Looks like I'll be busy this weekend .Isn't it nice to see all the old pals dropping in again ?.
I had a nice long blether with Boots tonight and she said she would try and pop in soon .
I'm really tired tonight .There's a homeless guy who has a very big dog that he ties up to the bike rack outside a 24hour Metro store .(like Safeway )Well he does this in the early hours of the morning or the middle of the night .He goes inside to get warm and stays for at least an hour .While he is inside his big dog with a very loud bark just woof woofs away till he comes out again .Last Thursday It woke me just after mid-night and was still barking at 1:15am .I finally called the store and asked them to get the security guard to get him out of the store so the dog would shut up .Last night it happened at five after three am and lasted till 4:15 .I had to get up early for hospital appointment and I've been on the trot all day . We are having new fronts put on our balcony's and the workers start with the drilling and hammering so I can't even catch a nap in the afternoon .I went over one night after midnight and spoke to the guy .I asked him if he realized how loud his dog was and that it had woke me out of a sound sleep .I won't repeat what he said but the F word was used a few times and he more or less told me to get a life .I've talked to the manager but he thinks it's a joke .I contacted head office not much help there .I then called the SPCA as I felt it was cruelty .They said it would have to happen on a daily basis and since the man was homeless they didn't have an address to send a warning to .I spoke to the manager again but he told me to call the police .I feel sorry for the poor beast .It is baltic outside .All kinds of cold weather alerts and he still gets tied up outside .
I told Boots I was tired and tried to have an early night but I guess I'm all wound up with all the stuff I had to do today and I couldn't sleep .I'm heading off to bed now and I'm really thinking of calling the police if the dog starts tonight .Goodnight all .Keep your fingers crossed I don't hear the dog tonight .
wee mags
jist stopped in for a wee minute,jist wanted tae see who ws in but the hoose was empty ,
clean but empty so am jist gonnae sit doon wae a cuppa and some biscuits , see you all later
Elma
Oh Mags, just missed you. The whole ho biggrin.gif use looks good, I've left some chocolate chip cookies in the cupboard, enjoy...
jakka13
Nice to see you Elma andMags .I was in last week but nobody's been in for ages .It's about time we livened up the wee hoose a bit .I made punch but drank the lot myself 'cause nobody came to share it .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.