Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Mags if you were still in marhill an that tram wis still runnin we could yase oor concession passes an see wan anither merr oaften biggrin.gif nae hassle o passports an visas customs an immigration rolleyes.gif back in the good ol days
Catherine
GL ah burst oot the laughin there, ye rubbed yer mums leg wae a banana peel? laugh.gif

Puts me in mind of a bolky story , ahd a pal growin up who wis the youngest of seven, an ah mind her fallin an skinnin her knee. She used tae let her dog lick the scab cos her mum told her it healed quicker that way.
Oh ahm away tae bolk aw ower again........the very thoat laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif,,,,, sick!!!!
betty2
Arrived home last night from a fantastic weekend with friends in Cambridge. Long time since I laughred so much great company.

so to you all

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY

wee mags
I had a good day we took the weans to the StPaticks day paradein the town near us ,Andrew had a good time he kept talking about granmas songs and the noisy things [bagpipes] he was marching about the house when we came home ,glad you had a good time betty you know the old saying ,enjoy yourself its later than you think biggrin.gif
betty2
And thats exactly what I,m doing mags rolleyes.gif weather is nice here today so off tae wander roon the shoaps. biggrin.gif Still on a high after my weekend break.

betty2
This place needs brightening up
jakka13
I ran you up some new curtains Betty .We'll hiv tae see if any o' the men can put them up for you.Hope they help tae brighten things up .I left some shortbread in the press for a wee cup a tea .
betty2
Thanks jakka youre a diamond. Noo who cin we rope in fur the hingin
Java
Oh ah'd go wi the wan in the white shirt Betty...he looks strong...laugh.gif

Ah've jist been listenin' tae some fella oan the radio who conducted a survey and found that folk prefer drinkin' their tea ooty their ain special cup...ah coulda tellt them that withoot a survey...dis everybody no have a cup that they prefer? huh.gif

betty2
Whoops wrang pic therr , this is whits needed fur the hinbin o the curtains
Java
Mine's the blue and yella wan if anybody's makin...laugh.gif
betty2
Thats ma granson java an he is a hunk but spoken for

rolleyes.gif
Java
Story of ma life Betty...laugh.gif Ye should still get him tae hang the curtains tho...a lassie can dream...laugh.gif
betty2
rolleyes.gif Aye dream on girl rolleyes.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif Java gettin him tae hing a curtain yi must be jokin smile.gif he widnae know wan end fae the other, typical man. An he is good lookin even tho ah say so masel.
wee mags
well betty it was a lovely day today, a wee bit cald but nice enough for Mike to start cleaning up the part of the yard,
mabe we will finish it off tomorrow ,no me he tells me to get out of his way,[I dont mind at all]
I hope you get the curtains hung .
Tori G
Jakka n Betty ma darls,...who needs men when ya got my muscles and good looks, laugh.gif
Hey I'll even whistle a tune tae,...Stand back Wee Mags darls,...there all fixed noo,...

Jakka your aright smart one with the sewing machine, infact your very good a many things, love your biscuits and punch too, yum yum,...Wow, what a splendid job you've done on those curtains, Certainly make the place look awe bright for spring.

What needs doing next???
jakka13
I just thought I'd drop in for a minute with these daffodils .They sure make the place look like spring .Lovely bright sunny day here .Still a wee bit on the cool side but after all the snow we've had it is a real treat to see the sun .I left some pineapple tarts in the press .
betty2
Agrand joab bein done here ladies you lot never fail tae amaze me.. Tlkin aboot amazement ohmy.gif Here,s a tale fur y/all

Last tuesday night sittin watchin telly when the phone rings, "hey canada here"says the caller aye oor catherine she tells me that in 20 mins. she,s headin fur the airport tae come hame fur a family celebration. Noo she couldnae post this news cos it wis a surprise visit fur a family member an yi never know who reads this board. Well she goes on meet me at the Citation at 12.30 on thursday. Noo ah didnae know that the citation is the former glasgow sherriff court now a bar restraunt. Well come thursday am makin ma wey up hutcheoson st headin fur the said place. Goat tae wilson st an lookin across the road ah couldnae read the sign so there,s a lady and man standing so ah asked them "is that the citation opposite" the two o them jist looked at me then the lady says" are you betty" Yes says I she then says I.m jaybee "you could have knocked me doon wae a feather the gent was her husband, there was a table booked for us for lunch a belated but lovely surprise birthday treat for me. We were soon joined by catherine her mum and sister

. What a lovely day we had and THANK YOU this is one birthday I will never forget. jaybee it was a real pleasure meeting you what a lovely lady wub.gif
wee mags
what a nice surprise for you betty,Iam glad you had a nice time wink.gif
Elma
What a shock for you Betty, but a lovely one. These kind of surprises are the best don't you think? biggrin.gif
betty2
Most definately Elma, first the surprise of catherine,s phone call and then the sheer coincidence of asking who to me was a complete stranger if I was at the right place to discover that it was jaybee who was there as an additional surprise. No often am gobsmacked but ladies you succeded in doing just that. But in the nicest possible way. Sure its great tae huv freens like this wub.gif
jaybee

. What a lovely day we had and THANK YOU this is one birthday I will never forget. jaybee it was a real pleasure meeting you what a lovely lady wub.gif
[/quote]

Betty, it was great, I enjoyed myself so much and when Catherine is around there are lots for laughs and chat. Just got back last night so I am a wee bitty jet lagged today. I think Catherine heads back tomorrow. Her mum and sister are lovely. Yup, a great day all around and remember, don't speak to strangers, you just never know who you will bump in to. I have a couple of photos and will post them later. Till the next time, Jaybee
betty2
Still laughing at the fact that it was you I aked, amazing coincidence. Right in the heart of glasgow too. rolleyes.gif Catherine should be well on her way home by now. It was a short stay for her. Look forward to seeing the photo . Say hello to John from me.
jaybee
Will do Betty, he thought the lassies were great. A wee funny story about my trip - I had to have a "private" search at the airport. Turns out the underwire in my bra caused the alarm to go off. The UK scanners are really sensitive. Now, how about the spring cleaning in your place, have the curtains been washed? I can do them but as I said before, nae windies and nae stairs. A'm no as young as I used to be so I will take the easy work. Jaybee
jaybee
Okay - forgot about the photies.... number one, from left to right around the table.... Oor Betty, Joanne (Catherine's sister), Joan (Catherine's mum), me (Jaybee) and last but not least, oor Catherine. Will do number two on another post as I think these photies are big and I don't know how to make them smaller.
jaybee
Did I ever tell you I was PC challenged? lol. OkaY, trying again. Picture 1 - the lassies.
jaybee
Number 2 - Catherine and my husband John.
jaybee
Number 3, Catherine's lovely sister Joanne.
jaybee
Number 4 - the lassies again
Avril
Jaybee and Catherine, that was really thoughtful of you both, what a lovely surprise for Betty. The photos are great biggrin.gif
stratson
Great photo girls. You all look lovely. biggrin.gif

Hope you had a pleasant trip home Catherine.

annie laurie
Thanks Jaybee
Lovely Pictures, great Surprise also for Betty,
In the size of a city like Glagow, and Betty just happens to ask one of the GG people for directions,
Amazing i say,
Was meant to be
glasgow lass
a think it was fate anni/L. laugh.gif ,,,,,,, very nice photies of you all, as uaual'yi aw look great.
nice looking hubby you have Jaybee cool.gif.
glasgow lass
OOOOOPS,,,usual, see me laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
Lovely photos Jaybee, everyone looks so good. smile.gif
betty2
Thanks jaybee photo,s turned out well, perfect ending to a perfect day. But we will do it again, next time I,ll know who am talking tae rolleyes.gif

Ah think we,ll put the group photo on tap o the piano an wance the curtains are hung we,ll aw gether roon fur a good auld singsong.. Ehhhhh who cin play the piano MELODY comes to mind Apal must be a pal forever xxxxxxxxxx
jaybee
Sounds like a good plan Betty, I am really tone deef so no piano or singing for me but Melody sounds great. Whit dae ye say Melody, are you up for it? I admire someone with a musical talent, jist wish it were me. I hud practice hinging curtains when I was over so maybe I can help there. By the way, ma new curtains are great and we did a great job picking them out and hanging them. Yes, we will do it again, it won't be long till I am back I hope. Jaybee
Melody
Ah've hunted for that song and canni find it anywhere, although I know Ria sang it ages ago on sing song, ah'll have a look.
In the meantime found this one.

With someone like you,
A pal so good and true,
I'd like to leave it all behind and go and find
Some place that's known to god alone,
Just a spot to call our own.

We'll find perfect peace
Where joys never cease
Out there beneath the kindly sky.
We'll build a sweet little nest,
Somewhere in the west
And let the rest of the world go by.

With someone like you,
A pal so good and true,
I'd like to leave it all behind and go and find

Some place that's known to god alone,
Just a spot to call our own.

We'll find perfect peace
Where joys never cease
Out there beneath the kindly sky.
We'll build a sweet little nest,
Somewhere in the west

smile.gif
Melody
This was Ria's version from 2003 would you believe?

a pal must be a pal forever
someone to share, each little care
may the one you love be always beside you
if you need a friend I'll be there to guide you
cos a pal must be a pal forever
and you've found a pal in me.
Tori G
Wonderful lyrics Melody for a lovely moment. You all look wonderful ladies, great to read about the luncheon, a great time had by all,...my kind of moment!

A moment in time
A chance moment
Etched in time
Forever a chance
Time moment forever etched
betty2
Aha tori a melody ah hear yis loud an clear

Isee skies of blue
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and all of you
And I say to myself
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

And all the better for having had the pleasure of having friends like the ones I have on here
Avril
Hope ye don't mind me poppin' in Betty, ah wiz jist passin biggrin.gif It's always nice tae coorie roon the fire oan a Friday night furra wee sing song biggrin.gif Here's wan specially furr you........

When youre down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know whereever I am
Ill come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Youve got a friend.

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
And soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
Ill come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you got to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, aint it good to know that youve got a friend?
People can be so cold.
Theyll hurt you and desert you.
Well theyll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but dont you let them.

You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
Ill come running to see you again.
Oh babe, dont you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all youve got to do is call.
Lord, Ill be there, yes I will.
Youve got a friend.
Youve got a friend.
Aint it good to know youve got a friend.
Aint it good to know youve got a friend.
Youve got a friend.
wee mags
Betty I was listening to Rod Stewart Singing ' What a wonderful world it would be "
I like Louie armstongs version as well ,oh by the way your,s isnae so bad biggrin.gif
betty2
Aw Avril yi know theres aye a welcome fur yi in here pour a drink an gie us anither song rolleyes.gif

Mags its always nice tae be nice and as always you are the nicest wub.gif
Avril
Aw thanks Betty, ah'll huv another wee bacardi, it's Monday moarnin' an' ah should be at the steamie but uch who cares ah'm enjoyin' masel....Right Melody, get tinklin' those ivories, whit aboot this wee 'Golden Oldie'?

When you've got friends and neighbours
All the world is a happier place
Friends and neighbours
Put a smile on the gloomiest face
Just take your little troubles and share `em
With the folks next door
Make's it twice as easy to bear `em
That's what friends are for
`cos if you've friends and neighbours
That is something money won't buy
You can hold your head up high
Although you've not a penny
And your house may be tumbling down
With friends and neighbours
You're the richest man in town.

`cos if you've friends and neighbours
That is something money won't buy
You can hold your head up high
Although you've not a penny
And your house may be tumbling down
With friends and neighbours
You're the richest man in town.
betty2
Jings jist noticed nearly fell aff the bottom o the page therr ohmy.gif canny be the singin thats frightened the neebours cos in here its aw pure talent ehhhh biggrin.gif

Oan yi go Avril melody oan keyboard ah,ll see tae the drinks.

Sing sing a song sing out loud sing out strong
betty2
Chinged ma venue this evening went to the forge bingo nae luck but ma daughter got a turn. Noo waitin tae see how ma lotto numbwers fare, mibby good mibby no sae good biggrin.gif . Shouldnae huv killed that spider yesterday , ohmy.gif they say its unlucky , but when ah saw the size o it methought your dead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
jaybee
Spider???? och, we're awe too busy singing, we should be cleaning. Betty, my husband wouldn't let me kill a spider, he says it eats whit we don't see. Actually, he's jist a wee safty. Don't tell him, but I'll get the spray and we will make sure yer big spider didn't leave any offsprings to take over. Jaybee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.