Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Catherine
laugh.gif oh look ah kin see upside doon........seems awfy familiar the mare ah look laugh.gif
Java
Tae us annaw, funnily anuff...laugh.gif laugh.gif
Catherine
Noo we no why we've nae dandruff.........saw oan the flerr laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
That's where yer head and shoulders are meant tae be...laugh.gif
Catherine
See ah knew ah wis normal aw the time laugh.gif

Mind yon Selsun shampoo..cripes smelt like liquid parrafin, dead sexy laugh.gif
jaybee
I will help too but I don't dae windies or stairs. lol. Ah couldny find any pipe clay for the stairs anyway. I could wash up the dishes efter ye all though, and a bit oh dustin if ye like.
Elma
I'm good with the 'Swiffer' Jaybee, so I'll do the high bits. unsure.gif

Hi Betty....
jaybee
Oh great Elma, because at five foot nothin I canny reach the high spots. Love those swiffers though, don't you? Great we will have this place spick and span in no time flat. When we are done at Betty's place, can you all come over here and gie me a wee haun? I'll make ye awe a nice meal if you wud. And maybe a wee bitty oh the luvely red stuff.
jakka13
I've made some shortbread and pineapple tarts .I'll just leave them in the press for whoever comes in next .I chased Manky Frankie's weans aff the stairs .They looked as though sombody had just cleaned them .Was that you Java ?
RonD
Cleaned the weans or the stairs, Jakka??? huh.gif
Java
laugh.gif

Aye it wis me Jakka...that Catherine and Melody have made me dae the whole lot, aw by masel, every last bit of it...huh.gif

Noo if that disny deserve caramel apple blossoms, ah don't know whit dis...laugh.gif
betty2
A grand job been done ladies

jakka13
Right Java ,the next stuff I make will be Caramel apple blossoms ,jist fur you .
I found some really nice shelf paper so while I'm in here I'll re-do the shelves in the press .
Java
wub.gif

Ah hope yees are aw hearin' that....jist for me huh.gif

My they shelves are lookin' lovely...seems a shame tae put stuff back oan them...
Melody
Aye we aw heard Java but yer mammy taught tae be nice and share mind.
Java
Oh of course ah will Melody...share and share alike...biggrin.gif

( psst...Jakka, don't make them till ma mammy's in her bed )
Melody
laugh.gif laugh.gif
jakka13
See you Java !!!!I'll jist put some in a box for you and make extras for anyone else that fancies them . No be bakin' the day I just scalded my hand with my steamer .It's not serious but I've got four tender fingers .The thumb is OK.
toerag
Who's getting the birthday cake if Jakka cannae make one!!!
jakka13
Sore haun or no I'll make a cake for Betty .Many happy returns.Have a great day .
wee mags
tae oor betty I hope you had a nice night with your faamily today wub.gif
Elma
I'll get out the good china and the crystal glasses, it's a very special birthday, you know..... wub.gif
betty2
Lots goin on for me the day you lot go ahead an huv a drink oan me you,ll find the kerry oot on the table

Got up this mornin to find ma neighbour had balloons and happy birthday banners on ma door an window, sure its nice to have friends
Catherine
betty that wee wummin therrs the spittin image of Carmella laugh.gif

Ahv Jake off the day, well he lasted hauf the mornin at school, so Im runnnin up an doon here like a yoyo...as one does when the weans no well!

Ye havin a great day? That wis nice of the neighbour eh, great wee surprise.....hope ye wurnae keepin it a secret laugh.gif
Java
Jimmy, 'mon in a gies a song for Betty's birthday...biggrin.gif
jaybee
Hope your day was great Betty, sorry I am a few hours late. (story of my life actually). Heck, don't stop today or tomorrow or the next day, let's keep this special birthday going for a week, perhaps too, okay, lets settle for a month. Not far behind you Betty so let me know just how much you have enjoyed your 70th so that I can look forward to mine too.
betty2
Jaybee dont feel any different, but had the greatest time . Had all the family [14 in all] at the retaraunt for dinner the meal was excellent They all did me proud The lights were dimmed in the restaraunt and a cake was brought in and everyone singing "happy birthday" Lots of lovely presents but to me the highlight was being surrounded by my nearest and dearest. A great feelin I mentioned this on another thread but I,ll do so again , My son presented me with a family tree, all done in photos, Me at the top then my daughters and sons and their kids, it was a beautiful gift , one I shall treasure, me my 4 kids and 6 grandkids all pictured individually on each branch wub.gif

Tomorrow my neighbour and her husband are taking me to lunch so anothet treat in store for me. So jaybee looks like this is goin to continue , next week I,m off to cambridge for the weekend and who knows mibby something else will arise . So you see life begins again at 70 rolleyes.gif
betty2
Back to earth wae a bang or so ah thought just heard some old friends comin a callin tonight, this has been the greatest time I,ve had in YONKS rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself Betty .If your anything like me I bet you don't feel a day older than you did at forty laugh.gif
jaybee
Life begins at 70 eh???? Then I canny wait. Told you, keep it going and if you get tired, just cat nap. You don't want to miss anything. What a lovely gift from your son. My neice did something similar for my mother's 90th. She then mounted it on a magnetic board and I have it stuck to my fridge for her so every day she can look at her whole family. It ain't so bad getting old, is it? I am enjoying it.
wee mags
I had a nice wee phone call from Betty she is awe chuffed at the time her children gave her ,
'" mags you woulld think you had walked into a florist is you came to see me , I have the most beautiful flowers and I am a very lucky lady "
well bety you deseve it as you are one very nice and talented ladies on this board,I have enjoyed our friendship , wub.gif
Catherine
Max isnae Jaybee, we're doin the Homework here, oh woe is me is written aw ower his face laugh.gif

Wee sowel went back to school this morning after bein off the last two days, lasted the mornin........couldnae hack it, to quote him..' wis the WORST mornin of ma life mum, Madame kept me in at recess to catch up on work, then she let me oot an ah fell then ah got hit in the face wae a football' all this said wae the wee face wae tears streamin doon.
Ah said wid ye feel better jist stayin home an startin again the morra? Oh yes mum said he.....wee actor!
We aw need a wee mental Health day noo an again sure we dae laugh.gif
Catherine
Oh mags ye slipped in therr...you are so right too, bettys one lovely woman biggrin.gif

So...........wherr huv you been hidin mrs? Near sent the search party oot fur ye so we did laugh.gif
jaybee
Och Catherine, Max just wants a love hug and kiss from his mammy, that makes everything alright, doesn't it. Sounds like a lovely wee sensitive boy you have there. Take after his did, does he? lol..... don't get mad at me, couldn't resist. Jaybee
glasgow lass
aye poor wee max , my wee one got kept in once to " catch up " of course the didn't go down well with me ,,,,, never hapened again lol.
Catherine
Back tae normal noo......both boys went back tae school yesterday.
It's true jaybee, ah remember jist wantin to be home somedays too. The downside is the tonna Homework it creates, ah remind them of this.... often laugh.gif

GL the catch up ahd rather have at Recess, ah think they bring enough Homework home without bringin stuff in that they've no learned before, ah don't speak French an that's enuf tae drive me ower the edge laugh.gif

Am sittin here huvin ma coffee an ah kin hear Geoff snorin up the sterrs.......who the hell snores when it's light ootside? Cripes ye should hear him!
Other than that, ahm doon here masel enjoyin the peace an quiet.

Whits everyone doin this weekend?
glasgow lass
aye'yir probably right cathy,,,,,, its that chip oan mah shoulder laugh.gif diz it ever go away laugh.gif
betty2
rolleyes.gif went tae bed early the night [9pm] noo its 12.45am an am as bright as a button. heaven alone knows when am gonny get back tae the land o nod.

Mags yir a wee darlin wub.gif your friendship means a lot tae me , I value it dearly.
Catherine
Pals jist left after dinner...........cripes here we are again oan a Sunday night, , an hour forward this mornin, an ah felt every minute of it laugh.gif

betty, mags is for sure a darlin, love mags so we dae in this hoose.

Ahm away tae organise for the mornin, that wis a good weekend biggrin.gif
betty2
Here,s a memory fur yi mags. Hop oan an come an visit.
Catherine
Dingding..all aboard...stand clear of the doors now laugh.gif

Nothin quite like ready tae pit yer waashin oan an findin a load ye furgoat still innit fae Friday.......oh well, anither day in Dodge.

Phones are down here, figures since we had snow again!
Away tae tidy in here, aftermath of a busy weekend, cripes sometimes ah feel as if an army live in here. laugh.gif

Java
We'll no mention who the sergeant major is then eh no...laugh.gif
Catherine
She who shall be obeyed laugh.gif

Ahv the cheek tae sit doon here, ye should see the place ......third load oan, therrs gaunni be a huge trek fur the troops the night puttin away the waashin.
Sgood bein the boss sure it is laugh.gif
Java
Whit ye need is wanny they stairlift type things...right up the stairs...they triple the value o' yer hoose, ye know...ye need never see onybody again...dinners, washin, instructions, the lot...oantae the wee seat and away they go...laugh.gif
Catherine
laugh.gif Wish ahd wan right noo.........ah'll no tell ye whit am up tae laugh.gif
stratson
Is it a wee splash yer hivin'? laugh.gif
betty2
sounds merr like trouble in parsdise rolleyes.gif

off tae watch corrie biggrin.gif
betty2
Nae kettle oan fire nearly oot ohmy.gif tut tut tut
wee mags
Betty I just saw your post of the tram ,it funny as today I just framed a photo of the Maryill tram that went from Maryhill to Bailiston number 23 wink.gif
glasgow lass
Betty the photie of the tram brought about a wee memory of the time my lovely great grandmother was hit and dragged with a tram at the foot of Lochburn Rd, I was not born when this took place but I still can remember her complaining about her sore leg,,,, it was my mother who told me the story, she would sit by the fire and I would rub her leg wae a banana peel,,,
tae this day I remember her saying aw that feels good hen aha think'yive got something there lass. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.