Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jakka13
Just popped in here for a wee minute.Good luck tomorrow Betty .There'll be no stopping you once you get back on your feet .Mags ,sorry I missed your birthday ,hope you had a great one .
To all the other pals I've no been talkin' to I've been busy stitching but as soon as I get it finished I'll come in for a wee blether and catch up with you all .
I had a chat with Boots last week she sends her love to everyone .
betty2
Hi jakka "haste yi back" missed youre chat.

All went well at the hospital, met the surgeons [2 of them they work as a team] and was put right at ease by them. So its monday for admission tuesday for the op, wednesday physio and should be home by friday. All going to plan. General health good so no problem there and its the kneecap thats being replaced, other joints are healthy, but hopefully nothing ashows once trhey open up my knee, . They say this should last 15 years and I could still be around to have it renewed Loved him for that comment. So as usual I,ll be my positive self and look forward to getting back to jaunting around again rolleyes.gif "Its a wonderful world we live in thanks to modern technology" biggrin.gif
Catherine
We can rebuild you, we have the technology...mind that wan betty, six million dollar man....you're the six million dollar wummin laugh.gif

Geoffs away back doon the road, back tae work tomorrow for him...sashame...but thems the brekks eh laugh.gif

We're up here for the rest of the week then back doon Sunday an intae high gear an back tae school Tuesday.
Anither hour an these three will be gettin the bumsteer intae bed, meanwhile ah'll jist browse aboot here an see whit ahv missed.
Catherine
White wine and Soda........SPRITZER laugh.gif laugh.gif
betty2
Ah.ll huv wan in a large glass rolleyes.gif
Elma
I'll join you girls, sound about right rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Sorry Elma, should explain.......Last time ah wis talkin wae betty ah could not for the life of me remember whit ye called a white wine wae soda innit....ah jist fired it right oan the Board when ah remembert an furgoat tae gie an explanation laugh.gif

Wherrs yer gless noo ye mention it laugh.gif
betty2
Good compamy is always welcome Elma laugh.gif catherinr puor the wummin a drink biggrin.gif
Elma
Thanks Betty, I know who my friends are tongue.gif wub.gif
betty2
Nae bother Elma one thing I can always lay claim to is being sociable and friendly.. Enjoy youre trip home , did you get the pm I sent you?over a week ago, in reply to the one I got from you. tongue.gif

In my reply I gave my number feel free to use it. I should be home from hospital on the 5th sept. and should be managing to get around by the 10th biggrin.gif
betty2
Sweet greams
Catherine
Oh ahv never hud sweet greams afore....ur they good? laugh.gif

Jist waved cheerio tae Toerag an John, we'd a lovely night up here in Muskoka, missed Chookie an Jaaka but next time maybe ah'll gie folk mare than 24 hoors notice...then again it's me so mibbe no laugh.gif
nightynight all xx
jakka13
Sorry I couldn't join you Catherine .We'll have to catch up with all the news once we all get ourselves back to normal .If there's spritzers on the go I'll give you my glass .When is chookie due back?
Catherine
Chookie's back pet......last night and naturally she was off today downtown to pick up tickets for some culture experience yet again.....Ah love her tae death but ah cannae keep up wae the wummin laugh.gif

Sorry ye couldnae make it, me at ma best as usual wae great idea at the last moment, you bein up North ah jist thought there wis a chance.
No tae worry....a big splash in order soon xxxxxxxx

Off tae bed here, ah think it's Jake that's in the bed the night, musical beds up here as soon as Geoff goes hame. Ahv wee Noah up too cos Donna's got hersel a new job an jist needs this week withoot thinkin a mare money fur camps/daycare. Works oot great cos they're great cousins and good company for each other.
The life of the mammy right enuf laugh.gif
toerag
Hi Catherine, nice night for a drive home, we had a smashing night up there as usual, great food (again!) and great company but dont tell Chookie & Jakka we drunk their glass of wine for them! Cheers! Glad you got the boys all sorted out in their beds, what great kids! perfect all night!! thanks a million!!
Elma
Yes Betty, got your pm, thanks. Hope everything goes well with the surgery, I'll give you a call around the 10th. Cant't wait till I arrive, only 11 more days biggrin.gif
betty2
Catherine goat the ingredients fur the spritzers aw ah need noo is company rolleyes.gif never drink alone nae fun in that biggrin.gif
Elma
I'm coming.........I'm coming.......... biggrin.gif
betty2
lookin forward to seeing you Elma biggrin.gif and sharing a spritz with you rolleyes.gif
betty2
Heard from melody today, she is her usual chirpy, cheerful self. Always nice to keep in touch whether it be on or off board. This site has given me many long lasting friendships ,this one in particular has spanned 6years.. Thats no bad for 2 strangers who met up in march 2002 for dinner and theatre in glasgows tron.. Oh the wonder of internet rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Betty I'll have a wee spritz with you ,seeing as toerag and Catherine drank my share at their wee dinner .Wee bit on the cool side here tonight so we've got a lovely big fire going but it's time for my bed so I'll leave my better half to enjoy it .He's a night owl .I'm a morning person .
Good night pals .
betty2
Maybe some day we,ll get to sharing a spritz with one another jakks. biggrin.gif TV went on the blink [dammed nuisance] repair guy calling in the morning. So better get myself to bed now, this will mean an early yoke for me , and I aint a morning person dry.gif
betty2
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
wee mags
well betty I guess you are in the hospital now ,so good luck and get better soon wub.gif
Isobel
Thinking of you Betty remember and let us know how you are doing.
Chookie
Hivnae been in here in an age so just learning of Betty's operation. Hope all's well with you Betty. Just remember they cannae keep a guid wumman down. Ye'll be back up on yer pins in nae time.

Cheers!
Elma
Been thinking of you today Betty and hoping everything is going well. wub.gif Get better soon.... the bingo awaits biggrin.gif
wee mags
jist had a wee fast call from Betty she is doing well and she is supposed to use two crutches and she is using one,I told her to do as she was told ,but she dissnae listen,she sounded very well and just like the old betty ,
Isobel
Thanks for the update Mags. I f you are reading this Betty,
DO AS YOU ARE TOLD
keelie gal
Hi Betty im back will pm fer a wee catch just wanna say i have missed you all and canny wait to catch up with you all xxxxx
tammy
Me too Betty, but Keelie has been filling me in and says let's get back in and have some fun with the gals! So, I've brought a new bottle of Bailey's with me and we're raring to go!
Isobel
Tammy a don't like Baileys ok if a make mine a rum and coke?
betty2
rolleyes.gif here.s mwe back smilin again biggrin.gif Op went well and I,m almost back in full swing, see mags told you all about me getting stick from the doc for being gallus. So I am taking my telling. Have,nt been out yet , but hope to be soon, missin ma bingo. Seriously tho glad I went for this already I am feeling fitter and rarin to go. Thanks to those of you who sent good wishes, and I must add both my daughters have been spoilin me rotten, and well wishers calling in to visit , it certainly has been a busy house since I came home. Always nice to know that I have so many good friends, and at a time like this they have all been there for me. Not forgetting Catherines sister who took the time to visit me at the hospital, give her my best catherine
Isobel
Well just great to see you posting again. Glad all went well Betty.Its upwards and onwards now. Before you know it youl be back at the Bingo....
jaybee
Didny know you were in the hospital Betty till this morning. Glad to hear all went well. Speedy recovery and back to your beloved bingo. Jaybee
betty2
GHi ladies oh boy am ah gettin there an a wee bit merr, take merr than a wonky knee tae keep me down biggrin.gif Headin for bingo tomorrow night rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Betty since yer daen that well ye widnae mind comin ower here an clearin up ma garage wid ye laugh.gif

Jist noticed the bottoms been lifted an there's Raccoon filth aw ower the joint......they've goat intae ma bins.......an ahv jist pit a call intae ma big boy Mathew an gied him the sob story aboot aw the times ah drove him here an therrr an helped him oot an covert up fur him blahblahblah ....so he better get back oan ma phone quick laugh.gif

Jist puttin the boys oot tae school then ah;ll go an turn Geoffs car oan an scare them oot....hopefully!!!!
Isobel
Well that's good news Betty, tonight we are off to the races. I hope I will be a little bit luckier than I was in Vegas
tammy
Right ladies I'm all stressed out from all that shoutin and fighting in that one post. I've put a nice fire on, cleaned up the place, done the stairs outside, chased those mucky weans away from next door and have put on the soothing music and now have a large pitcher of my famous martini's made for any who would like to put their feet up and just relax and enjoy good company and sensible conversation. Ahhhhh.....
Isobel
Here a come Tammy, Mibe we could get a wee song from Jimmy.Am getting a wee bitty fed up way all the fighting going on in some of the topics.How you doing Betty. Any luck at the bingo. We had a great night won one race but the odds were rotten so I only got about $12.
tammy
Hi Isobel, how are you? It's been awhile. Although I do pop in every so often. It has been nice to be told I'm missed by a few who have sent me PM's. I have missed some, but not all. Ha!Ha! It was al the fighting I couldn't stand. But in Betty's wee house it's always friends, chat and laughter. Put your feet up and fill me in on the wedding and what else you've been up too this Summer. Heard from Betty and she said she's on the mend and is looking forward to her birthday coming soon! Looks like another party is going to happen. Angie's still enjoying her 2 weeks in Turkey with her suntan now that she's home. Karen is back to normal with wee Chloe keeping her busy and Keelie was away melting John's credit cards having a fun day out shopping. So, she should be in looking for a nice drink and sore feet to put up too.
Isobel
Just arrived in, we went to the home show in Toronto. Jim not too happy as it was such a nice day here. It was a waste of time, nothing there that we were interested in. So I am going to have a wee seat in the garden before it get's to dark and have a wee rum and coke.
The wedding went really well. Party night before was great. Poor Kathryn got a pretty wet day, but when we came out the church it was dry for about an hour and a half. Enough time for some nice pictures. Go to the gallery and you will see a few I posted. Next big event is the birth of my first grandchild. Joanne my other daughter who was married a year ago is expecting on Feb 3rd. I am so excited I feel like bursting. Just can’t wait.Whats your drink Tammy, I'll pour you one?

A lot of bickering going on in some area's of the board. Hate when it gets like that.
jakka13
Haven't been on here most of the summer .I've had other things to deal with .Who's fighting now ?????.I thought all the trouble makers had shut up !!!!!
I just came on to say I just came off the phone with oor ain Boots .While she's not doing great she is having surgery on her left hand on Oct 4th so if it is sucessful she'll be on here soon .
In the meantime she sends her love to all her pals .
Cheers Jakka
tammy
Oh Jakka pal, sit down and put your feet up and let me get you a drink. I know you need to relax a little and let us pamper you instead of you always doing for everyone else. And funny you were on the phone to Boots, I was going to e-mail you and ask how she was doing! Glad she's still ok, tell her I will be sending her love and positive thoughts for her hand operation. I hope it improves her daily living once it's all over and done with. She's a gem and I miss her. It's back to raining today, hope it doesn't last until June now. Isobel, I did look at the wedding photos and your daughter was stunning! I love looking at photos, especially of people and big events. Brides always look so beautiful. And a new and first grandchild I bet you're excited! Let me refresh your rum and coke for you and we can celebrate together. Or shall we open a bottle of champagne? We'll get a case when the baby is born and we'll have a party. I love shopping for the wee clothes and shoes. I like that better than holding them. HA!HA! I got to shop for wee boys clothes a couple of weeks back as my girlfriend became a grandma for the first time, so that was fun. And I got to hold him last weekend when we went up to see Phil's Mum for her birthday as they live in the same town. He was so cute. He seemed so tiny then I remembered my Rachel was smaller! Boy does time fly by fast! It's her grad year this year. As for the fighting Jakka, I think sometimes it's just some do it for their own entertainment. The topic got locked and one person got banned. It was just a bit rididculous, makes you weary of posting because you just never know how it will go. But, as we all know here things are usually friendly and relaxing and that's why we return. Heard from Angie again today and she is just back from her wonderful trip to Turkey a few weeks now and if she hasn't already booked a trip to Spain end of October! She's turning into quite the jetsetter! Lucky girl! I wonder if we can squeeze into her suitcase? And a quick chat from Keelie and she's still worn out from all her shopping. I don't think she left anything in the stores! LOL! laugh.gif Do you think maybe Catherine is still in her garage? You don't think those wee racoons got the better of her do you? laugh.gif Well I've opened a bottle of red, maybe that will get her in here.
keelie gal
Hi Ladies.. okay Tammy since you have opened a bottle of red pour me a wee splash will ye pal biggrin.gif
tammy
Right Keelie sit yourself down and get this glass of red in ya. And let's see all your parcels from your shopping trip? Soon, we'll be Christmas shopping...it will be here before we know it. I think I'll make a pot of soup today, it's stopped raining here, but overcast a true Fall day outside. Being the good little wifey I am, I made porridge for breaky today for Brittany and Phil, she's off to work and he's off to his soccer(football). The Queen, I mean Rachel is still in her bed. laugh.gif
Isobel
Jakka great to see you posting, looking forward to seeing you soon. Tammy kin you know get some white wine that red stuff gives me a big headache. It’s a great day today so just going to sit and read in the garden. Don’t know how many more good days we will get now. The trees are starting to change and fall is here.. I love fall the colours here are always so beautiful. Great news on Boots. I hope the operation is successful she did have so much pain in her hands. .
tammy
Here you go Isobel, one case of chablis just for you..well and whomever would like to share it..haha! And a case of red and a case of Bailey's a couple of bottles tucked unde the sink for wee Sammy in case he makes his way in for a visit. Nobody get any ideas that we are all wino's in here, we just like to be prepared. Never know when there is a cause for a celebration or glass is needed between friends. laugh.gif
toerag
I will share a wee glass of white with you Isobel! Thanks Tammy, cheers!
betty2
Started the day with a surprise and very p;easant phone call fron Elma She returns home on thursday and I did,nt get the opportunity of meeting with her face to face. Her remaining time is taken up with previous appointments huh.gif Perhaps another time Safe journey home Elma and thank you for the call. biggrin.gif

Starting to get out a bit made the bingo on saturday and I,m on the road now so its all going well for me. Nice to see you all keep popping in here I think most of the success of this thread is that its homely and friendly, Way back when I stwerted this thread on the old board thats was the whole intention of it, and its survived to this day . So take a bow all of you who have kept this alive and entertaining Cheers Tammy still on pain killers but think maybe a wee splash o wine for medicinal purposes is allowed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.