Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
glasgow lass
laugh.gif sounds like a great show cathy,I saw it years ago so am told ,was about 2yrs auld tongue.gif
Catherine
Oh you musta been a toff GL......110 bucks a ticket ...no much inflation either wae you jist bein like near like late teens like laugh.gif laugh.gif
keelie gal
morning folks well what a weekend i had ,went to wembly on sat to watch portsmouth beat cardiff in the final was fantastic and then to the after party in the lester sqaure and then it was the limo back home to party in southsea ,yesterday over 30 thousand folks gathered on the seafront and the common to watch the players parade on an open top bus so it was all day party again ,spent loads of money and drank way too much laugh.gif but boy did we have a fab weekend ,booked the day off work today as i need it to recover wink.gif
Catherine
This is our first Holiday Weekend Keelie, big openin weekend for Cottages.
Geoffs on his way back doon an he's stuck in traffic an hoor away......not only wae Jake an Max in the car but their cousin Katie annaw laugh.gif

Ahv jist pourt a wee splasha Rosey....Sean Connery an Alec Baldwin oan the telly......no too shabby furra holiday Monday laugh.gif
tammy
Hello ladies, Well we had a strange weather weekend here, it was scorching hot one day..34 degrees, then down a bit, pouring rain and this am we woke to th house shaking with thunder and lightening and another downpour!? Oh well have more painting to get done today. Brittany's room turned out great, I think she will be thrilled and surprised when she gets home from Thailand. It's a "big" girl room now. lol! And seeing as there was a mix up with my new bedroom suite NOT arriving Saturday, I can repaint our room now, I'm off for the paint this morning after I drop Rachel at school. Walls are all ready to go. So, that should be done today. Keelie the photos of your weekend were great. Wee Blossom is a shining star, she gets cuter the bigger she gets! Always dressed so nice too! Catherine you sounfd like you have had a fab weekend too. Saturday ws so hot, we h friends and neighbours over to sit out on our deck and had drinks, appys and good laughs. Next night we met up with Brittay' boyfriend's parents and went to a aThailand restaurant in honor of our kids we are missing. It was so tasty! Can't wait for them to come home though. But, they seem to be having the time of their lives. Well, I've put the kettle on and I've done the stairs, windows are open to let some fresh air in the place....hoping someone arrives with something yummy to go with the tea and a chat. I wonder where Betty is?
jakka13
Pure baltic here all weekend .I've had the fire going in the livingroom 24/7 since I got here .Found the place in good shape when we opened up .No signs of any intruders .A few cobwebs in the corners but that doesn't take much to clean out .I've still got tons of leaves to pick up .I've got rock gardens down at the front and I can't rake them I have to just pick them out one by one and it's too bloo$% cold to go lakeside .I've spent the last four days painting the kitchen cupboards .They took two coats of primer and then two coats of top coat .I'm really pleased the way they turnes out .
Well my show is just starting on BBCC so I'll catch you all later .
Catherine
Jakka ye must be frozen tae the bone up therr...it's baltic doon here annaw if that's ony consolation biggrin.gif
They're sayin the weekends tae be warmer, rool it oan an roll it oan fast, ahm sick tae death a these jumpers ...an they're sick tae death a me annaw laugh.gif

Don't know wherr betty is, ahv no had time tae catch up wae her wae ma mum bein here.
Mibbe Melody knows?
Yo Melody, wherrs betty?
CAT
Ah wis wonderin the same thing Catherine ah tried the Forge Market and the Barn club but she's no there either. I'll keep ma eyes peeled in shettleston smile.gif
wee mags
i bet you didnae try the Bingo Cat ,knowing betty she will be there wink.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Jakka good for you , I started to do that last yr ( kitchen cupboards,,,doors )I didn't get past the furst one , I was trying to go from dark to light but had so many to do and all those coats !,,,,, I through the towel in at that point but aha had good intentions, so then onto plan " B " I got a nice new kitchen installed and ended up having my whole house renovated,,,all because of one wee door rolleyes.gif
CAT
Yre right Mags ah bet ye it's the bingo biggrin.gif
Java
Good afternoon Stratson....'mon sit doon and tell us aboot Blackpool biggrin.gif
stratson
java, the sun shone the whole time I was in Blackpool, Thursday night it rained, was dry for morning. Saw the ship that sank, half was in view, couldn't believe it's cargo was biscuits, all floating along the beach. It is being sawed for scrap and taken out of the sea.
Did the usual Fleetwood Market, Cleveleys, bought some plants. Enjoyed the break but glad to be home.
Wee Zak was not well, he was taken to Yorkhill sick kids and they diagnosed Tonsislitis. He is on a 10 day course of Penicillin, he is picking up now. He is such a rumbustious wee boy, it must have been scary to see him just lying whimpering.Will see him today my wee darling boy.
smile.gif
Where are you off to yourself this year java? Somewhere exciting? laugh.gif
Java
Aw ah'm so sorry to hear wee darlin's not well Stratson...extra cuddles from his great granny he needs...biggrin.gif

Oh ah love that word...rumbustious...dis exactly whit it says on the tin...

Oh and ah'm visitin a lovely wee place called Hameldamie this year, ah'll send ye a postcard...laugh.gif
Melody
Aw ah know that place it's right doon the road fae Blanket Bay. Ah've been there loads o' times it's lovely ye'll like it Java. Ah'd go back.
Java
Oh that sounds perfect...Blanket Bay it is....d'ye think a fortnight'll be long enough tae appreciate it? laugh.gif
betty2
You ladies think ah spend aw ma time at the bingo biggrin.gif an the forge biggrin.gif well ah,ve actually bin broedenin ma horizons an goin further afield. [these bus passes are great things] Went oan the bus tae clydebank shoppin centre, an visited braehead as well, huvnae managed tae find oot how tae get tae the new silverburn shoppin centre yet, but if ah jump oan an aff enuff buses ah,ll get therr.. Stratson mibby you could help me oot oan that.

You have all been havin a busy time here , thats what ah like tae hear folk enjoyin themselves. Catherine bet youre enjoyin the quality time youre having with mum, and tell her once I get my knee soartit oot maybe we can meet up for another wee lunch , its been a while since we last did that

Holiday weekend and dont know where to go the day, definately no bingo, an the forge is out, so Cat you,ll no find me therr,
Got my appointment for the GRI on the 11th june so at least ah,ll be seein somebody afore ah go on holiday.Not expectin anything will be done before then but something to look forward to when I get back, canny go livin at this slow pace

Enjoy the rest of the day friends xxxxx
CAT
Well you are a gad about Betty. Well ye no wit they say "have bus pass, will travel " wink.gif
Is the forge market no open the day ah wis hopin tae pop in after.Ah widnae bother wae silverburn not that ave been in it but my mum stay not far from it she didn't like it, too may designer stores. She also said when she was there although its really big there was no where tae stop fur a wee rest. Then again its a good wee bus run. My mum and sister go tae clydebank every week they think its a great place tae shop.
betty2
Take yir mim,s word on that Cat , widnae fancy goin aw that wey an naewherr tae rest ma tired limbs, Clydebank is great , dont think the market is open the day at the forge but not sure.Think its only at xmas they open extra days. Am still here twiddlin ma thumbs tryin tae make ma mind up , so if yi see a wee blonde wummin in parkheid, browsin that,ll be me stoap an say hello "how,s it goin betty" biggrin.gif
CAT
Well Betty if ye see a wee red head sayin hello tae every wee blonde wummin in parkhead come an get me before ah get locked up. Ah seen yer pic on the gallary so hopefully ahd know ye if a seen ye.
Well ahm stuck in ma work and it's absolutly dead ave caught up wi aw ma wee bits in pieces although there's loads ah could find if ah really wanted tae.wur hopin the boss'll close early but its no lookin likley. In fact here comes a customer. Who wants tae buy office furniture oan a holiday Monday mad.gif
betty2
Decided tae spend the day cuttin the grass an tydyin up round the exterior of the house [sounds posh that] biggrin.gif whit it means ah wis gettin rid o the weeds, Mibby dae the forge the morra huvnae been oan a bus since saturday. rolleyes.gif

Was at the opticians last week gettin new frames , [Celine Dion style] ah didnae even know she wore specs. Should have them within the next week.
Another night havin trouble sleepin so am bletherin away here, talkin tae masel well ah,ll no be offendin onybody daen that lol
keelie gal
Morning Betty hows things ,i havent been getting online much latley as i have been on a course and have had so much paper work to do with it but finally im getting on top of it all now its been a bit o a slog right enough but worth it in the end ,havnae even had the time to go shopping Betty and thats no like me at all,but im intending to do just that on friday going to walk in to the town and treat myself ,well folks its my day off today but im babysitting the wee yin so i better get my skates on before she arrives as now she's running about its all hands on deck so catch you all later x biggrin.gif
Elma
Enjoy your day with wee Blossom, Keelie, she must be quite a handful now smile.gif
Melody
Betty, ah hope your ' exterior' looks as good as your interior noo. laugh.gif wub.gif (She really means oot the front.) Ah was just speaking with another favourite person of mine, Wee Mags and she's in fine form as always. Ah thought she was round the corner wi that good Glesga accent o' hers. It was lovely talking to her.
stratson
Hi Betty,
I have not visited Silverburn yet. My g/daughter has informed me of the buses you can take. You will get all of them in Union Street. 22, 23, 47, 57.>>>> Apparently the 23, and 47 will get you there quicker.

I keep meaning to go, just never gotten around to it.Hope this helps. biggrin.gif
betty2
Hi keelie lookin after Blossom an taking a WALK into town , well that soyunds like you are well on youre feet again.
Melody how you doin ? and I know what you mean about wee mags , when talkin with her you would think she had just stepped off a caur comin fae maryhill. still sports her glesca accent efter aw they years away.
Stratson thanks for info but wherr dae ah get these buses. biggrin.gif
buntyq
I've missed the GG so much. It is one problem after another with my computer. I cant wait until July when Bush's stimulus check comes. Delivery depends on the last two digits of my Social Security. I'm going to spend it on a computer. Its time to buy a new one. I've no idea what kind I will buy so if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
betty2
Sure some member will come up with some sound advice for you bunty. Long time since I heard from you and even longer since we last met, maybe something we can rectify in the not too distant future rolleyes.gif
stratson
Betty, I sent you a p.m. after I had posted info, well, in case you haven't read or received it>>>> smile.gif

All of those buses stop, around Poundland, in Union Street, headind south.

betty2
Thanks stratson, but I,ll be putting that trip on hold for present, Once I get back from my hols. I am definately going to give it a try.
keelie gal
Hi ya Betty wont be long till yer hols now eh ....Las Vegas here i come ,i can hear ye singing biggrin.gif have ye got all ye stuff in for yer hols and are ye getting packed yet ,thats wit i love i start packing my case about 2 weeks before i go ,pack it all nice n neat ,ye should see the state of it comming back though it just gets shoved in any old way laugh.gif well folks im off to bed catch you all in the morning when im bright eyed and bushy tailed i hope , have any of you been watching britains got talent ,im hooked on it ye canny beat a good ole variety show eh ,nite nite folks
wee mags
the grandweans sure do you in dont they ?betty glad to see your still galivanting wink.gif
buntyq
Betty, good to hear from you. My daughter and her daughter will be here for a few days in June and both are very computer savy. I still dont want to buy a new computer until the check comes in July from GB. Its ironic that this money is supposed to stimulate our economy yet most likely my computer will come from China.

I was gone for 15 days in April on a wonderful Grand Circle Travel trip called "Holland and Belgium in Springtime". It was a wonderful vacation and the right time of the year to enjoy both countries. It was cool, which I like, and besides their itinerary, which was excellent, we were given ample time to explore on our own. There is definitely no language barrier in Europe where English is taught in the primary schools. Seven of our days was on a small ship cruising the rivers of Holland. It was like being in a five star hotel. GCT own their small ships and this allows them to maintain their high standard. I am definitely saving up to go on another small ship cruise next year. There is one that appeals to me at this time called "The Great Rivers of Europe". Land trips are interesting but I liked unpacking once for seven days and since these small ships carry 140 passengers at the most, its not as impersonal as the large ocean going ships.

If I didn't need the computer more, the stimulus check would go towards this trip in 2009.
betty2
hi keelie and bunty
keelie ah,ve been packed for weeks rolleyes.gif just the last minute details and then am off, 2 weeks come wednesday [18th] and then it,ll be

VIVA LAS VEGAS

Bunty youre holiday sounded like a real good time was had by you.

Got visitors comin tn so ta ta the noo
wee mags
I had a wee chat with betty,she is her same good natured self ,we done nothhing but laugh at all the daft things we had done as teen,she is getting ready for her trip to Las Vegas wink.gif
betty2
Talk aboot "sleep;ess in seattle" tongue.gif am huvin the same problem here in glesca.
Elma
Hello Betty, nice to see you in here even if it is nearly the middle of your night. You are just too excited about your trip to Vegas biggrin.gif
betty2
Elma my problem is I catnap after dinner and it puts me off my sleep at bedtime , but nae worries ah dont huv tae get up early in the mornin. biggrin.gif

Yes I am starting to get a buzz about going to vegas
betty2
Hi to all my fair weathered friends biggrin.gif
betty2
Weather has.nt been very nice these past two days, not a glorious start for !flaming june" buy its early days , so perhaps the best is yet to come cool.gif
Melody
Hello Betty, how you doing? Pretty dull auld day the day sure it is? If everyday was like Saturday we'd be laughin'. laugh.gif
betty2
Doing fine Melody been enjoying youre singing, on the karaoke thread , Yir in fine voice pal rolleyes.gif .
Melody
Ah wish Betty, but it's good fun, when are ye gettin' set up for a song then? smile.gif Wouldn't it have been great in the old days if we could have done that? smile.gif
betty2
Working on it melody it may happen soon rolleyes.gif
Melody
Brilliant Betty, we'll have a wee choir soon. wub.gif
jaybee
I could make the tea... you can't count me in on a sing song, I am completely tone deaf.
wee mags
sorry I have not dropped by lately but am uptae ma knees in plants,Iam fixing up my planters for the summer ,I will post a couple of photos in the gallery later the night ta the noo wink.gif
Isobel
Mags can you come and do mine. So busy here right now. Went today for my dress fitting ,Waited eight weeks for this dress to come in. Got to the store for it opening this morning, wrong dam dress. No wonder my blood pressure is high.Melody please pour me a rum and coke pet.Maybe Jimmy can sing us a wee song .Cheer me up.
betty2
Aw mags bet yir garden is a blaze o colour, aw kinds o lovely blooms As I remember you have a fair sized garden and very well kept. yir a wummin o many talents mags.Folks a few years ago when we all met up at mags , we arrived to a garden of beautiful blooms, a marquee with the finest variety of food and music playing, yes oor wee mags knows how to entertain rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Hi Guys,

Up late the night, mums jist went tae bed, ahv jist finished listenin tae the speeches, cripes say whit ye waant aboot them aw but by God they're aw good at the talkin eh laugh.gif

betty incase ah don't get a chance tae teddyphone ye, have a BRILLIANT HOLIDAY biggrin.gif

Isobel jist keep breathin, whit twit ordert the wrang dress? Will the other one come in time? Nae luck pet.

Mags ahm away tae find yer gerden photos xxxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.