Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
wee mags
well betty,I hope youve got a big pot of soup on its cauld here the snow is 12inches deep here and the bliddy wind is blowing like mad,and I hear that Boston is getting slamed noo so make sure there is enough for wee sammy ,and the mclean clan biggrin.gif
Melody
It's a night for the soup here alright, it's a full moon as well, I can see the face in the moon..reminds me of the Creamola Custard adverts....remember? smile.gif It's ok I think it's a whirly day!
Catherine
Ah must huv been holier than you Melody, ah used tae see God in the moon laugh.gif
Gorgeous sunny day here, cauld but nae snaw since last week. Geoff went ower tae get a humidifyer cos we're aw beginnin tae spark aboot the hoose wae the dryness. He's jist in an ah huv tae say WHIT IS IT aboot men huvin tae buy the biggest a everythin in the shoap. You should see this, it's near the size of ma fridge!! Dae the wee test....send yer man oot fur a bunch a banana's...and ahll guarantee ye they'll come back wae the biggest wans they kin find!! Never fails. Ahm awa oot tae dae a bitta shoappin, bye the noo an mind the fire disnae go oot....
leeninaus
Talk about senior moments melody sad.gif .. I was wondering how you could have been seeing the full moon the same time I was ? I had been out all day helping a friend & was so exhausted when I got home I jumped in the pool ( few & far between these days) & floated around on my back looking up and admiring the full moon!( maybe I am a Vampire ?) I did that for a while, but still wasn't ready for sleep so logged on & went to read your post! It took several minutes before I realised your time was after 5pm, which of course where you are would be dark!! here in WA, (we don't have daylight saving) & like most parts close to the equator it changes very little between Winter & Summer... it gets dark suddenly around 7-8pm ...... here is where the whinging Pomm comes in!! I love it here, & I really don't miss snow,White Christmas's & all that sort of cold stuff.. BUT, I do miss the long summer evenings! I know we can't have everything our heart desires, but I would love to have our evening summer temperatures with YOUR long daylight hours..
Melody
Leen you've lost me...were you in the pool and it was dark outside... or was it the sun you were looking at? I think I'm having a senior moment now.....how can you be looking at the moon the same time as me when we're in different hemispheres?
Or is it me? ....oh I'm away for a wee lie down! laugh.gif
Fearn
It's no jist big machines men buy - my guy just came in wi a 5 L jug of Cranberry juice - can hardly lift it - a wee bottle was all I wanted!
Melody
laugh.gif Why do they do that? You can never find a suitable place for these things!!!
Isobel
Hi all, i'v been real busy and never had a chance to drop in .How you all doing. Ready for xmas. Wish I was. Great sunny weather here but really cold. Not a lot of snow yet ,just enough to make everything look nice. Jim is working from home these days so dont get on here as often as I would like . Anyway hello everyone ,dont forget about me . Hoping that maybe Santa will bring me a wee computer of my own. (cant blame a girl for dreaming eh)
Melody
hi Isobel, lovely to see you on here, hope you get your computer..keep your fingers crossed..and be good! laugh.gif
leeninaus
Melody, it was definately the moon and a FULL one at that!! because I hadn't realised until tonight the last month had gone so quickly!! That was what was confusing to me when I logged on & read YOUR post about the moon, but it suddenly dawned on me that you are in Winter & in darkness quite early & though I am in Summer time, here in Western Australia ( quite close to the equator) it gets dark approx 7-8pm all year round!!!!
leeninaus
forgot to add there melody, when you posted it was around 5pm, & it was 1am here!!!
Melody
Well Leen...you live and learn....I see the moon the moon sees me..whits the next line?...... Whit time was it when you were in the pool?
Melody
Leen that explains it!.....Imagine you in the pool at that time in the mornin', your a gallus lot in Aus! Funny faces are no workin'!
leeninaus
Something about somebody sitting under an old oak tree ? ( more senior moments for us melody rolleyes.gif ) well, I think I got back home about 9pm (1pm your time) & I was so cream crackered, as I had sped over to my pal's at 9.15am after her SOS ... BUT, I knew I had work to do here, because I was a week over the due date for getting my bush block up to the shire ( council) standard for the summer bush fire prevention... & in all fairness to them, probably because of the penalties they administer, we have very few catastrophic bush fires over here in the West ( off topic her aren't I ) anyway, I set to, chopped,pruned,clipped till I was MORE cream crackered, had all the lights around the house, patios & gazebo going so it looked like Blackpool Illuminations!! & finally I jumped in the pool about 10pm & in & out for a couple of hours until I logged on here!!!
Worst thing I could have done of course! if I had any sense I would have gone straight to bed! The water obviously stimulated me, so here I still am at 3.50am !! & I have people coming over at 9.45am!!
Melody
Leen, try to get a quick couple of hours before that! You see I couldn't imagine you being in the pool in the dark because it would be unthinkable here! Oh my,.... senior moments right enough!
Catherine
Ah cannae move fur laughin Leen....AFF TOPIC IN BETTY'S HOOSE???? laugh.gif
Melody
Only us Cath only us!...I used to be quite bright before I came on here! laugh.gif
Marg
I don't know about betty's house but christmas has entred mine I've spent the better part of the day doing my tree , I remember when it never took this long to put up.I must be slow or is it age?This the earliest I think I've ever put a tree up hope I don't tire of it to soon. smile.gif I just figured a day when it's snowing was the best time to get to it , I day for staying put.
Melody
Good day for it Marg....c'mon we'll start up Keyboard Lane for a laugh again Catherine!
Marg
Are you starting a new one Melody ? or just adding to the old one?
Catherine
laugh.gif ....Christmas in the Lane!!!....You guys go ahead, ah'll add when ah come back, huv tae run oot tae auld neighbours fur dinner. Why is it yer forever thinkin it takes ten meenits tae get onywherr?
Runnin late here {says she still oan the computer}, next door neighbour George will be gettin the chap at the door {he's ma emergency liquor store cos ahv nae wine tae take}, geoffs STILL tryin tae hing up the lights ootside {heaven forbid he'd buy the right bloody lights the furst time}...must dash....tallyho the noo
Hi Isobel, hows the kitchen hen?
Melody
We'll start a Christmas one Marg!
ca,ppp,doremi
Well I surely will huv a bowl uv that soup,if I may and warm mae bum at the fire. Which I might say needs mae coal. Okay, who'se in charge uv keepin the home fires burnin? Isn't oor Catherine supposed tae be in charge uv the coal? Cripes huv been helpin the auld man tae shovel the snow. Of course he handles the snowblower.,and it is q
Mary48
ah hink the "middle aged" grump's the wan tae blame (is it no ae him we blame?) he's supposed tae have filled the scuttle but he wis oot the door afore onybuddy could catch him...light oan his feet fur his age, so he is!

Ye want a knife and fork wae that soup? it's fait gettin thick...ah might have a lump masel:)
awright...ah'll pit a wee bit merr watter in it...it'll no burn, no wae aw they folk comin in the door helpin thumsels.
ca,ppp,doremi
Well this is crazy,this is my second attempt to finish to e-mail I started above, where the end went is anybodys guess. Anyway just wanted to add that we are in the middle of a snowstorm with already about 3ft on the ground and more on the way. High winds makes visibility near zero, so we are homebound. Missed a lovely turkey supper,but to compromise, I cooked a Ham with all the trimmings. Tomorrow doesn't look any better. Welcome to 'Canada my friends. But when the sun Shines, and we have once again dug ourselves out,we will appreciate the snow covered trees glistening in the sun. Isn't it unique the different temp., around the world. Leen was enjoying her time in the pool,and wishing the sun wouldn't go down so early. Melody I always see the man in the moon reminding me of birds custard. We will be spending Christmas with my Son and family in Quebec. He has been inviting us to go for years, and as always we said,well the dog is a bit old to travel in the Winter. Well sadly I had our beloved Lhasso-Aohso put down a few weeks ago. She was 14.Blind,partly deaf,and had suddenly become disoriented. She wasn't suffering,but it was pitiful to see her finding her way about. I cried for a week, and really miss her. Now I must resist the temptation to get another dog. At out age, I cannot see us going through this process again. It is our 4th time, and the older we get, the harder it is on us. I have given up going to the local dog shelter to walk the animals for a while at least,as I know I would probably end up bringing one home. Tis difficult being an animal lover. Take care.....Rena wub.gif
Mary48
But when the sun Shines, and we have once again dug ourselves out,we will appreciate the snow covered trees glistening in the sun.

aye, ...but ah'll stick to enjoying the view on Christmas cards:)

So sorry to hear of your dog. It's so very very hard to have to take them in even though you know that it's best for them.
I think that dogwalking scheme's great especially when you've reached the conclusion that you're not going to have anoher dog but I can understand that it's not the right time to be doing it just now while the hurt's so fresh.

Take care...enjoy your soup, Betty makes a grand drop:)
Catherine
Good post Mary...Moan Rena, a wee cuppa pet an a bowl a soup wae yer ootsider breid will dae ye wunders. You take it easy right oan that cherr therr, an we'll dae aw the rest wink.gif
anne
To Doremi ( rena) this poem helped me when my lovely Scottie died, he was 15 years old, had an operation and then died 2 days later, I cried for weeks. I got another dog but it's not the same, although I love him as well. Take care..

Anne Perth Aussieland

SMILE, FOR WE WALKED TOGETHER FOR A LITTLE WHILE

IF I SHOULD GROW FRAIL
If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain does keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done
for this - the last battle -can't be won.

You will be sad I understand
But don't let grief then stay your hand.
For on this day, more than the rest
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end.
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two -these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

(author unknown) 
jimmyd
Just catching up here,Catherine ma love,instead of rubbishing that poor sufferin man,why no consider ,the fact that he has superb taste in other areas.After all dear he did pick you!!!! noo get oot o that wan Heh ! Heh ! Heh !. biggrin.gif
Marion Dougan
Anne, that wee poam brought a tear tae ma eye. Av aye said if Aonghas gets very ill, I will not put him through suffering, takin medications etc. They cant tell you when there in pain. I love Aonghas but I will never let him live and suffer,
Marion
ca,ppp,doremi
Oh dear Anne,what a beautiful poem, but the tears are streaming once again. My one dear regret is that I didn't have the heart to stay with her to the end. I was just a wreck.my heart wanted to so badly,but my composure begged otherwise. Thanks Mary and Marion for your kind thoughts. I know I would dearly love to have another pet,but there is no way, I am going to go through all this turmoil another time. 3 times in a lifetime is quite enough I think.
ca,ppp,doremi
I had wanted to mention, that we finally ended up with 3ft of snow. So let the digging begin. By the way I want to send a friend some birthday wishes, and wanted to include that old Scottish poem,which I cannot recall. Anybody help me here. It has these words in it, and may the wind be always at yer back,or something like that. Asked Catherine,Yoo hoo, but perhaps she did not get my e-mail. I need this A.S.A.P. Thanks Rena
Marg
is this it Rena?

May your APU always start.
May the wind be at your back
May the sun always be on your face,
and your skies always clear.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
Mary48
I know the one you mean but, in looking for it, i came across this one which i really liked so thought I'd post it
On the day when the weight deadens on your shoulder And you stumble, May the clay dance to balance you.
And when your eyes freeze behind the grey window And the ghost of loss gets into you, May a flock of colours, indigo, red, green and azure blue Come to awaken in you a meadow of delight.
When the canvas frays in the curach of your thought And a stain of ocean blackens beneath you, May there come across the waters A path of yellow moonlight to bring you safely home.
May the nourishment of the earth be yours, may the clarity of the light be yours, may the fluency of the ocean be yours, may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow wind work these words of love around you, An invisible cloak to mind your life.

J.O'Donohue
May the Road Rise up to Meet You

May the Wind be Always at Your Back

May the Sun Shine Upon Your Face

The Rains Fall Soft Upon Your Fields

And, Until We Meet Again,

May God Hold You in the Palm of His Hand

--  Old Irish Blessing
Marg
or this?

gaelic blessing

May the roads rise to meet you.
May the wind be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Marg
another still

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in his hands
And squeeze you till the piss runs out your ears."
--an Irish prayer

wink.gif
Catherine
Aw cripes who the hell needs me laugh.gif .......Rena ahd jist emailed Fearn therr, an lo an behold she'd pmd me wae it, ah goes tae put it oan here an ahm a "tate" late shall we say!! Thanks Fearn.
Mary48
ROFL, Marg you've been posting while I've been editing:)

ah prefer your version "gaelic " LOL
Marg
LOL well she has a few to look at gals. biggrin.gif
Mary48
This isnae the page I got the verse from but it's got a lot of little verses in it...you might like them:)

http://members.aol.com/compgeek35/wisdom.htm
here's a toast ah liked:)

May those who love us love us.
And those that don’t love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn’t turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we’ll know them by their limping!
Catherine
laugh.gif ..Mary that's a cracker!!
Fearn
So sorry about your woofer, ca,ppp,doremi - it's heart breakin' I know but you did the kind thing.

I did volunteer work at the Humane Society and it was for the best that our local By Laws permitted only 2 dogs per household - we had our limit - I'd have taken them all home.

Keep volunteering, in a small way it eases the heartache.

wub.gif
Melody
Never mind aboot the poor animals, I wouldnae send a dug oot in this weather...but I've got tae go!!! laugh.gif Only eight days tae go..Yessss
Mary48
aw, hen:(
at least ye've got the thought of 8 days...whit's happenin in 8 days?
No that ah'm nosey or nuhhin, ye know!
Melody
Christmas Holidays Mary!!! wink.gif
ca,ppp,doremi
Thanks Fearn for your kind words. I know in time,I will only remember the fun times we had.....To change the subject a bit. Catherine sorry dear,but ah jist couldnae wait. Forgive me. As for a few of the suggestions from Marg and Mary48,I was killin masel laughin. Perhaps I should have pointed out,that this birthday wish,will be going to a very prominent Baptist Minister, whose title I am not quite sure of but I do believe he has some job with the hierarchy.
Marg
Now she tells us Mary...................... laugh.gif
ca,ppp,doremi
Sorry folks,pressed the wrong button there. Liked your "serious" poem Mary48,and yes Marg,you sent what a wanted. Think I'll skip the ones of piss coming out of ears,and the breaking of ankles.LOL. Still laughing here. Thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps the spicy ones will come in handy sometime. Hey Catherine, meant to ask. Can't quite make out your street address in my notebook(your writing). Could you send me it by PM or e-mail. Thanks lass. Rena
Catherine
{your writin}.....Hud tae broadcast it didn't ye laugh.gif Och ahm awa tae me bed afore onywan else shouts at me...moan aw ye's waant ah cannae hear ye, blah blah blah blah blah tongueoot an winkywink.....
Wherrs betty? Set the alarm whoevers last up eh!
Mary48
*havin a last look roon tae make sure the fire's banked and the rooms' tidy, collecting the lamp, blowin oot the gas lamps oan the tables and so to bed*

Looks like it's me again!
LOL, Marg and Rena...glad tyou found something you wanted Rena:)

hehehe..Catherine...noo, dont be tellin me that you include writing in yer list of attributes...dae ye?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.