Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Wae freens like you lot whit else dae ah need on this day wub.gif
Jakka ah,ll huv some o that punch fur a starter, My but you,se huv goat the place nicely decorated. So lets party
Melody
Happy Birthday Betty. smile.gif Enjoy your day. wub.gif Are you gettin' double presents because it's Mother's Day as well?
wee mags
Betty beter late than never all the best for a Happy Birthday ,Iam sure you had a great day fae yer Yankee pal and her hubby
Catarina
Well Betty, I see you are still the busy gal yeve always been...Happy belated birthday.
Haven't been on in donkeys ages. Not my fault,but finally Mattin has straightened all out for me. Thanks Martin.
Most of you regulars will not recognize me,but Betty,Catherine and a few others will. Anyway now that i can join in now and then, I hope I will be welcomed back.
Seems Betty's wee hoose is still the place for all kinds of celebrations. My if walls could talk,ah tell ye, that wee hoose could spin a good few wee yarns.......Rena
jakka13
Hi Caterina ,I remember you (Wis that no the name of a song ?).Welcome back .Lookin forward to you posting again .
I'll put the kettle on and we can all have a wee blether .
Melody
Mornin' Jakka, it's freezin' here, that was nice Catarina coming back in. smile.gif Keep the fire and the kettle on Jakka.
keelie gal
Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you Betty hope you had a lovely day wub.gif sorry couldnt get on much over the weekend had such alot of running about to do come monday morning i was so jiggered and couldnt wait to have an early nite ,Betty i wonder how they are all getting on in Barcelona i know my Tom rang us this morning and told us he managed to get a ticket for the game ,well my dad is out there with him so it was granda who got the tickets biggrin.gif and Tom said the atmoshpere out there is fantastic his voice is all hoarse wi all the singing he has been doing lol
keelie gal
Hi all had my second driving lesson and didnt let nerves get the better of me this time so im chuffed with maself even though i have a long way to go yet ,Well im away to stick the kettle on if anyone fancys a wee cuppa and a blether biggrin.gif
jakka13
I'll have a wee cuppa with you Keelie .Well done on the driving .My daughter in her forties just got her license last November .We had all been at her for years to do it but she was really scared .She could walk to her office from home and had a big grocery store across the street so she just never bothered .They finally moved her office about an hour from her house and she either had to depend on someone giving her a lift or the bus .Now that she's driving she says she wishes she had done it years ago .
You'll probably feel the same way .
Well ,pet I'm going for an early night .I'm still a bit sore and I want to get back on the treadmill on Monday .Good night all .
Catarina
Hi Jakka and Melody, thanks for remembering me, as i do you two.
Fairly pekish the noo..Would love a cuppa tea and a biscuit.
Is the biscuit tin,still in the same place?
Catarina
Hi Jakka and Melody, thanks for remembering me, as i do you two.
Fairly pekish the noo..Would love a cuppa tea and a biscuit.
Is the biscuit tin,still in the same place?
Melody
It sure is Catarina, still some auld freens left who pop in now and again. smile.gif Keep the home fires burnin' till ah come back fae work. smile.gif
Java
Mornin' all.....nice tae meet ye Catarina....ah'm no really a wan for sweet things ( huh.gif amur not...ah'm tryin tae make a good first impression here...) but ah'll have a wee biscuit wi ye jist tae be sociable....

Well done on the drivin' Keelie....ye can pick me up oan yer wey tae the big meet at this rate...laugh.gif
jakka13
This wee hoose is getting neglected .The fires oot ,there's nae kettle oan and Betty will hiv a fit when she sees the state of the stairs .I'll start the fire and warm the place up and put the kettle on .I'll get the stairs done but the whole place is covered in stoor .I'll need some help .The brasses are dull the carpet needs taken oot and geid a good beatin'.If somebody want's to jein in I'll make some wee fruit scones to hiv wae oor tea .
The old home town looks the same ,as I step down aff the train la la la
Melody
...and there to meet me was my Jakka and fruit scones. smile.gif Sounds good tae me. Ma favourites.

Just whistle while you work
And cheerfully together we can tidy up the place
So hum a merry tune
It won't take long when there's a song to help you set the pace
And as you sweep the room
Imagine that the broom is someone that you love
And soon you'll find you're dancing to the tune
smile.gif

Right Jakka that's it done c'mon we'll sit by the fire and tell stories. Hurry up before the rest o' them come in or there'll be nae peace.
jimmyd
I've just stepped in to see you all
I'll only stay a while
I want to see how you're gettin' on
I want to see you smile.
I'm happy to be back again
I greet you big and small
For there's no place else on Earth just like
Oor Betty's dear wee hoose!

So there ye's are noo . Any risk o a wee cup a Rosie Lee ,an a kin ferr dae wi Tunnocks Caramel wafer , is well !

Place is lookin good Betty ,you sure hiv got this lot organised then , annaw !
Right am aff tae the match see ye's later !! wink.gif
Melody
Aw it's a while since we mentioned the Caramel Wafers Jimmy. Happy Days. Keep that telly turned doon mind Jimmy, Jakka an me are daein' the crossword.
jakka13
O.K Melody here's your tea .Jimmy I think there's some biscuits in the tin .Where were we Melody ?Oh! ten down let me think .
Melody
Ah knew it ah canny think for him an that telly Jakka. sad.gif C'mon we'll have a wee look oot the windae an see if anybody's comin' up the street.
wee mags
catrina nice to se you back again .I thought you had got lost in yer wee caravan wan time but glad tae see yir okay,and as for that Jimmy,thank god he didnae decide to dae any mere decoratin since bettys no been in for a wee while
Java
See when yer dae'in a crossword, is it awright tae jist make some black boxes yersel if yer word disny fit? cos if it is, ah know the answer tae ten down... huh.gif
RonD
Ye cin dae anythin' ye want in javaworld , jist go ahead, nae bother, by the wey whit colour is the sky there? wink.gif
RonD
Whit am ah thinkin' it's green int it??? cool.gif
Java
Same as it is everywhere else....green... huh.gif laugh.gif
Java
oh, nipsies nae nipsies back Ron...laugh.gif laugh.gif
RonD
We cannae play in here Betty's sent us oot tae the back green tae play!
keelie gal
Och well Ron we can play a game o rounders if ye want laugh.gif
RonD
Ah'm away doon the road tae see if ah'm auld enough furr the pub!!!
wee mags
well Ron wir yae auld enough for the pub ?,
Betty I hope your leg is doing better and you are taking it easy wink.gif
RonD
jist made it mags! laugh.gif
Catarina
thanks fur the nod weemegs. Nice to see you and Jimmyd are still keepin the home fires burnin.
Here, I just finished washin the stairs,but ah canny find the chalk to mark the sides. I'll just run doon tae the wee shop and buy some,okay.

thanks fur the nod weemegs. Nice to see you and Jimmyd are still keepin the home fires burnin.
Here, I just finished washin the stairs,but ah canny find the chalk to mark the sides. I'll just run doon tae the wee shop and buy some,okay.
jakka13
Just poppin' in to say goodnight to you all .It's still snowing and blowing a gale outside .This is the worst so far .It hasn't let up since yesterday afternoon .
I've left some fairy cakes in the press and a bottle of Baileys so put some in your coffee .
Goodnight all ,sleep tight .
keelie gal
Morning all ,Thanks for the cakes and baileys Jakka wit a real treat that was when i saw them in the cupboard so i got tore into them biggrin.gif Hope your leg is on the mend Betty ,Well folks its sunday and im heading out to a wee counrty pub for sunday lunch as i cant be bothered to cook a roast today had a hectic week at work and seeing as its my only day off im going to make the most of it and take it easy and let someone else do the cooking today laugh.gif
keelie gal
Its only me again popping in to say hello and make sure the fire was oot or oor betty wid have oor guts fer garters smile.gif be back in the morning wi a wee cuppa and tattie scones anyone hungary?????
jakka13
I'll bring some bacon and a plain loaf .Oh if only I could .Well it's nice to dream .
Been a bright sunny day here but very cold .At least it didn't snow .
keelie gal
Hello folks just poppoing in to say hello we have storms here at the moment so its blowing a right ole hoolie at the moment quite scary unsure.gif
stratson
Keelie, just watching the News at Ten and I saw Plymouth, was thinking of you. Scary stuff. mad.gif
jakka13
Hi Keelie ,
saw some of your weather on the news at lunch time today .You be careful if you have to go out in it .
Nice day here ,fairly mild ,but they're forcasting more snow overnight into tomorrow .I have to go out so I hope it's not too bad .
keelie gal
Morning folks ,storms were pretty scary last night and the noise kept us up most the night ,finally dosed off about 3am woke up this morning and the streets are just so quiet not a soul about ,weather is calm but its quite earie,weather men reckon we havent seen the end of them yet so who knows what today will bring unsure.gif Just having my breakfast then going to head off to work hopefully the salon has not suffered any storm damage from last night as we are situated quite close to the beach so fingers crossed eh .
tammy
Hello folks, thought I'd pop in for a chat and calm my nerves a bit. When Phil left for work this morning he noticed Brittany's car door was open and her stereo was stolen! I swear if I catch the loser who checks our cars every night, I might kill him myself! We know he checks every night because I once forgot to lock my car and this person had been through my car and stole $1.25..the money I keep for my shopping carts. And Phil has had his truck done 2 times. But poor Brittany has a cheaper car and the stereo is easy to remove...grrr! Scum, stealing off of kids! And the police won't do anything about it, so she will have to replace her stereo. It just makes you so angry.

Betty how is your leg doing? Keelie your sore finger? Jakka has the snow stopped?? I brought in a fresh cut arrangement of various colors of tulips to brighten up the place and let us know Spring would be arriving soon...hopefully! I'm patiently waiting for sunshine. Sick of rain. We're off to Puerto Vallarta on Sunday so that will give us some sunhine.
stratson
Tammy, have a great time in Puerto Vallarta. My cousin in N.J. also goes there. Am sickened by car thieves.The answer seems to be remove anything from your car of value. Is an international problem. smile.gif
tammy
Hi Stratson, I got called into work. Not my regular area, but will only be until 6:30pm. I think what makes me the angriest about car thieves or any thief is how they just assume when they take it, we can just get another one! Since they don't work, they don't realize how expensive things are! Oh there's our phone!
keelie gal
Aye Tammy it makes you wonder why folks do that what a creep checking your cars you know what you can do pal lay a trap for the swine that way you will get him,Well pal your off on your hols soon so try to unwind and have happy thoughts as i know you are so looking forward to this break and i hope you all have a great time x wub.gif
keelie gal
Hello all bright n breezy here today but still freezing that wind would cut ye in hauf sad.gif
jakka13
Well finally stopped snowing here ,God knows for how long .I did a cooking day today .I made some Magic toffee Squares .I've put a tray full in the press .I'm away out to find the coal man ,the bunkers nearly empty .Where's oor Betty ,she's been oot too long ???? .
Right I jist got a load of coal ordered ,I stocked up the press ,I've pit a wee cerry oot under the sink for whoever feels the need .There's tea and coffee on order so sort yerselves oot .I'll see yes all the morra .(my anniversary ,that;s where the 13 comes from in Jakka )
boots
Darn it jakka I mise you again. Hope you and Al have a very happy anniversary.

Tammy, Ihope youhave a warm, relaxing holliday.
jakka13
Missed you on here again Boots but enjoyed the phone call .Sorry we had to end it so abruptly but my daughter had been trying to get in touch for over an hour .Thanks to the rest of my pals for your good wishes .In my card from Al he said 17,894 days ,who's counting and thanks for every one of them .AWE .A lot of days sure it is ,but who's counting ,I need at least 3,000 more . wub.gif
wee mags
well ladies I am sorry to have missed you all this weather but I had pnumonia and
I did not feel like sitting too long at the computer , I guess I missed awe th goodies ,ach never mind knowing that Jakka she will make some more ,Boots nice to see you back again,I had to stay in bed for a week just to get ma energy back again ,
keelie gal
Morning all biggrin.gif hope you all have a nice weekend
Melody
Mornin' all, Mags you get yerself all better mind. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.