Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Good to hear youre back in the swing o things KG. You must have been sorely missed at the salon, and that speaks volumes. Always thought you a nice person. biggrin.gif
stratson
Keelie is jist wan o' life's Diamonds! AW sparkly, sure ye are doll! biggrin.gif
wee mags
Betty sorry to hear that your arthritis is acting up ,as for me ma bliddy cauld is back so I hiv
tae see if the dr can see me sad.gif
betty2
For Keelie on her return to the workforce

For Keelie on her return to the workforce
betty2
For melody the lady of the board
Elma
I'll second both of these Betty, lovely lassies the pair of them smile.gif
betty2
Aye an Angela as well

Time for me to slip into dreamland rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Just tip toed in to see if anybody's in .All quiet on the Western Front so I'll just tip toe oot .
Good night all .
maryhillgal
Night night Jakkal, sleep tight and don't let the bugs bite. Time I wis in bed tae it is 4.26 a.m. and I have been awake since just after 2.00 a.m. It is murder when ye cannae sleep.

P.S. My Goad I cannae spell I just called you Jakkal - didnae mean it hen, put it doon tae tiredness!!
boots
Welcome aboard Corigan. ou're in the right place at Betty's and if you can sit aroon lang enough, you'll meet everyone here 'cause we all drop in whenever we can. Betty's a real great wee hostess and the kettle's aye oan the boil'

Hope all you people who are feeling poorly, get better soon. I think I'll aff tae bed too. We hiv a blizzard stairtin. 'night all.
Melody
Hi all, it was a lovely day here today, well we saw the sky for a change. Thank you Betty but I'm not worthy of that lovely compliment. smile.gif But ah'll try tae live up tae it. laugh.gif
betty2
Yir too modest melody, Ah,ve met you an know whit am talkin aboot wub.gif
glasgow lass
Hi Keelie, great to hear you are well again, hope you have a smashing time back ,work can be a fun place, aha love tae get out to work although aha can do some of it from home I do enjoy the days when aha have to go out to work as well, have fun keelie biggrin.gif
jakka13
Glad to hear your back at work Keelie.Did they ever get the low life that hurt you ?
Way past my bedtime here .Still snowing mad.gif .I was hoping it would clear up so I can do a quick run to the shops tomorrow .Oh !well maybe it will ease off in the night .
Good night all .Sleep tight .
Melody
Mornin' all, nothin' excitin' happeniin' here. Ah did have that wee notion tae go tae the barras again however, the housework won the battle that was going on in ma heid. It's a terrible thing responsibility sure it is? laugh.gif Is anybody else daein' anythin' excitin'? Ah'll go and check ma lottery ticket first if it comes up ah'll jist go tae the barras. laugh.gif

Ah'm no gaun tae the barras.
keelie gal
Thanks for all the lovely comments wub.gif it sure is great to be back to work and it feels good to be back on track and running aboot again as much as i tried to keep myself busy the 10 weeks i was off i found the days were just too long ,while i was off i had a good spring clean in the house and every cupboard and drawer in the house is all organised so thats one good thing i suppose ,Jakka they did arrest the couple who attacked me and thier first court appearance is in may the police have informed me that they are likley to plead guilty as it was all caught on cctv camera and is crystal clear images so hopefully it wont go to trail but will keep you all posted on that as they case goes to court . Hope Angie is okay havent seen her online for a while so hope she's ok will send her a wee pm to say hello and you Melody we missed you pal ,Boots good to see you back online pet hope all is well with you,and Betty have you had any luck at the bingo latley ? well folks got my brother and his wife round for sunday lunch today so i better make a start and get those spuds peeled biggrin.gif
wee mags
Hi Betty I was watching this show on the telly the other day,it ws called "Bringing Home Baby" and it was a young couple and th dads mom came from Ireland and guess whit the weans name wis CALEB,I thought I have to let Betty know this,
we had a wee snow squall there a minute ago ,you could not even see the house across the street from me . wink.gif
jakka13
Wee Mag's it's been impossible to see the other side of the street on and off since the month came in .I ventured out today
.DROVE accross the street to the grocery store , got out of the car in winter boots ,two sweaters and a down filled winter coat .The walk from where I parked was less than 100 yards and before I got inside I lost the feeling in my fingers ,toes and if I hadn't had my hood up I'd have lost the feeling in my nose .
Worse than Baltic .
Been too many years of mild winters here in Canada you forget how it used to be before Global Warming .Mind you I wouldn't mind any kind of warming right now .
keelie gal
Mmmmon JAKkA HEN ....C'MON ..Coorey in lets form a wee circle and cuddle up ,geezea min wee will fly aff to the bingo grab oor betty,and wee melody then its a wee hike to castlemilk to get oor angie ...ye still hinging on pal fer the next stop is partick ....wee trip doon memory lane so many places to stoap we are sploiled fer choice just geeze a wee shout ,ye will find me in the lismore or doon ashton lane...failing that i will meet ya at partick cross...bring ya dancing shoes biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aye same were I am Jakka it was one of the most perishing days in a long time ,indeed we have been spoiled with previous winters being so nice aha cant remember spending as much time indoors as I have this winter, tonite I've got a big blazer going , drapes are drawn and we are in for another cold night. TG for mah cozy wee hoose, the simple things in life eh biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif If aha can come I'll meet yooz at the fit of the valley,,,ah'll zoom right over,, you'll know me ah'll be the wan wae the skates oan. Am willing tae leave mah cozy wee hoose ferr a night oot in mah hame toon anytime,,hail, rain or shine. tongue.gif
keelie gal
ochhh GL im right there with ye pal wink.gif
keelie gal
ye dancing then.......?.........im twirling biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Getting dizzy .......help me oot smile.gif
Elma
Here's my hand Keelie, oops missed, are you OK down there, mind your hand. Here I'll help you up..............ooohh this floors slippery, well, we can just sit here and laugh, can't we!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aw Keelie am sorry that aha stood yi up pal but a could'ni get oot the door it was frozen shut, and a knew Elma was in the wings jist dying ferr a wee fly over the pond a wee turn roon the flerr. tongue.gif
betty2
Um ah too late???/ ah fancy a wan two then chassy rolleyes.gif
Catherine
..a three a four amind shut ma door....snaws swirlin oot therr betty, wur in fur anither blizzard here laugh.gif
keelie gal
More snow for you catherine you guys must be sick of snow by now and all that shovelling you have to do must keep ye fit eh ,saying that i love looking at the snow when it comes doon that twirling way biggrin.gif
betty2
SNOWFERRRRRRRRRRRRRR rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Catherine
It's lovely Keelie aw the twirly way....'cept it's been twirly aw afternoon, never halted....an we're aw sick tae death of it , shovelt ma front steps an sick tae death a daen that annaw laugh.gif

Jake an I have decided, next year this time we're headin fur the heat....stuff it laugh.gif

betty how's yer knee?
keelie gal
Dont blame ye Catherine if i had that much snaw that you guys have had i would be heading fer the heat aswell ,i mean i love the white stuff when we do get it its rare and we just get a wee dusting about 10 years ago we had our heaviest snowfall about 10 inches and that was it but one year my mum booked a log cabin up in the highlands in drumnadrochit and it snowed the whole week good job we stocked up on everything in fort william before we got to the cabin as we couldnt do anything we had several feet of snow and as the cabin was on a steep hill it was impossible to get down nae wee snow plough tae help us oot so were well n truly snowed in after 3 days myself and john decided to head down to the bottom where they had a wee general store and a pub my ma n da were sleeping and we had the fun idea we would use to big wooden trays to sledge doon the hill which was great fun i may add ,after stocking up wi eggs n bacon ect the wee wummin fae the pub put it all in a wooden box and tied a rope roon it wit ye doing that fer i ask she says well we heard ye sliding all the way doon the hill hen but has it dawned on ye yet yer gonna have to use yer legs tae get ye back up the hill so yer gonna need this after a couple of brandys we decided tae tackle he hill back up to the cabin well wit a trek that was the snow came doon so heavy ye couldnae see two feet in front of you eventually we make it back to the cabin frozen stiff all i could see was my wee mammys face at the windae looking worried sick needless tae say there was nae mare sledging fer us ....aye snows lovely but in small doses eh much more fun laugh.gif
betty2
Catherine past two days a bit better, but still taking things easy.

Goat an invite tae a weddin next month so here ah am lookin oot whit am gonny wear [mind yi its 2,10am here] finally decided oan the suit ah bought in portugal last year, wae ma black georgette poncho. it looks really nice put the gither. So am goin shoppin fur a nice perr o black sandals and a wee black clutch bag.

An here,s hopin the knee disnae start actin up biggrin.gif
betty2
Time ah wisnae here unsure.gif
jakka13
Hi Betty ,glad to hear your knee's feeling better .
Keelie ,sorry I missed you .I would have loved a walk about Partick .Never mind ,one of these days I'll fly over for a visit and link up with you .Haven't been on much these past couple of days .
Busy stitching and knitting and stuff .I'm planning to go down to the US to see the weans at Easter and I like to make them something when I go down .I'm going to have to venture out soon .I need more wool .There's snow up to our ar#$% here and still freezing cold .Hate winter .
I spent yesterday cooking .I usually do a big cooking day and then freeze everything into single servings .I made twelve curry meals and twelve chile and sixteen shepherds pies .I cooked turkey breast and sliced it for sandwiches .I made a batch of sausages and baked some chocolate chip cookies .I've put some in the press if anybody wants one .Now I'm going to have some hot chocolate and go to bed .Good night all ,sleep tight .
betty2
You have had a busy day Jakka , but time well spent I would say
Went out tonight the first since saturday and boy did I pay the price, the knee is as bad as ever . Think I,ll have to pay another visit to the doctor. Its never been this painful before, and I cant put any pressure on that leg at all.

Arrangements all made for the christening for the 24th of the month.
keelie gal
Hope your leg gets better in time for the christening Betty sounds painfull so i hope the doctor can give you something to ease it up,Im having a wee valentines meal with pals round tonite as we never go out valentines nite the restaraunts are too busy were gonna wait till saturday night and go out for a meal then when its less hectic as last year we waited an hour and a half to get our food our table was booked for 8 and had our food at half 9 so we were starving and thought never again got a lovely bunch of flowers and a card delivered to work today from John which was a suprise as we said we was not gonna bother with cards and pressies this year just go for a meal ,so on ma lunch break i had to dive to the shops and buy him a card and a bottle of single malt ,got caught short laugh.gif
Elma
You had better get that leg seen to Betty, you can't go on suffering like that. Something must be able to be done to ease the pain and you have to have it better for wee Caleb's baptism. wub.gif Hope you have a better day today.
keelie gal
I agree Elma ..Betty keep us posted and i really hope yer leg gets better soon .. and yer back tae yer wee shoaping trips doon the toon thinking of ya pal and sending you a big healing hug and keeping ma fingers n toes crossed it works wub.gif
jakka13
Hi I'm with Keelie and Elma .Go and get something for your leg Betty .You want to be in fine shape for the wean's special day .
Hope you all had a lovely Valentines day .Love to all my pals .Jakka
tammy
Happy Belated valentine day everyone!!! Haven't had much chance lately to get in here. But, thankfully Keelie and Jakka and Karyn keep tabs on me. And usually Angie too at least once a week, but she's been MIA for a couple of weeks, I sure hope she's ok? I've had a quick read of a couple of topics and I see evryone is having awful weather!!! Today we are back to cold winds and heavy rain! I am truly fed up with it. I can't remember the last time I was warm! I phoned Phil from work the other day and said if we don't go awaysomeplc sunny I'm gonna snap! So, we are away during Spring Break for 8 nights to Puerto Vallata, I can't wait! We both need a break. Work has been so busy that I am thinking of a career change. The 12 hr days without a break at all are starting to do me in and the people are getting heavier and heavier, every day my back is sore. I go home and basically go to bed. And I spoke with a supervisor of the increasing abuse we take from people who call for us and nurses at the hsopitals, he agreed it's getting to be a bit much for everyone. So, you might see how desperate I am for a break. LOL! On a happier note, I had a wonderful Valentine's day. I made us a lovely dinner of stuffed chicken breasts, new potatoes and corn on the cob and picked up a huge strawberry and chocolate cheese cake. Yum. And my woderful hubby brought me a dozen of the prettiest orange/red roses home, which I wasn't expectng since we booked a trip days before. Watched Rachel play hockey and then home again. Keelie glad you are enjoying being back at work and that was so sweet all those gifts and people askng for you. Well, best get myself moving here. Just wanted to say hello.
Java
Good Morning Everybody biggrin.gif

Good Evening Boots, lovely to see you back online....biggrin.gif
boots
[size="4"][/size]

Hope everyone had a good valentine's day. Betty, I agree with the others, you really need to try and get that knee looked after. You do want to be in good shape for Caleb's baptism.
keelie gal
Tammy great news about your spring break vacation im getting all excited for you at last pal you can have some sunshine on yer face way to go girl dont forget to send us a postcard and have an apple martini for us biggrin.gif decided to go to Italy with my mum wasnt keen at first as she is going by coach and ferry i like the plane myself she reckons you see more that way still canny work that wan oot masel all i can invisage is motorways and watter but i have said yes to keep her happy so we are off to lake garda in may for her birthday better get some travel sickness pills beforehand just incase

Betty hope you are okay i have noticed you havent been on the boards latley wub.gif
jakka13
Oh , all you lucky lassies going somewhere warm .
Betty ,Pal ,where are you ????
Hope you are OK and just having a wee break .
Had one of my girls down for a couple of days .Love when they come down ,good fun ,good laughs and good food .They usually cook to give me a break .I taught them well .They make all my favourite stuff .
Well just wanted to say hello .I'm going back to my knitting .
Sorry I didn't bring treats .I promise something nice next time .
wee mags
I havnt been on for a couple of days ,as I have been busy with the grandweans ,we went to a chinese resturant last night for the chinese new year,they had a Dragon dance and the kids loved it .ecept when the dragon came next to Andrew and he says" Granma get him " next thing you know the bliddy dragon has my head in his mouth,talk about riddiy .
then off to Chuckycheses the day lots of screamin kids running around the place.the first thig I did when I got home was aff wae the shoes and the kettle on rolleyes.gif
jakka13
How are you Mags .Good to see you in .I'll put the kettle on .Wonder where Betty is .I brought in some Cream Puffs and I asked the coalman to dump a bag fur us .Maybe if we get a good blaze going and the tea made some of the other lassies might come in .
I'm just off the phone with Boots ,she send her love to all .Her puter is on the blink so she will have to wait to get it back and she'll try and come on again .Her hands are still bothering her so she can't type for long .
.I have to go out tomorrow so I hope it doesn't snow .Fed up looking at the bl#$%^ stuff .
Well I"ll drink my tea and then it's bed for me .Good night all ,sleep tight .
jakka13
Goodness ,gracious !!!!! No a soul been in since I left last night .The fire's oot ,the place is cauld .Just as well I came to drop off some soup makins .I'll get it started and then give the stairs a good clean .Manky Frankie's weans were playin' shops on them last night .Wee bu%@ers asked me to buy wan o' their Clabber Pies .Nae wonder there's a mess .right the soup's on .I've got the pail and the pipe clay so I'm away to clean up .
That Betty ,she's goat us awe worried .She never came hame last night .Wonder if she goat a lumbar frae the dancin wub.gif .Maybe she's eloped !!!!Naw ,no oor Betty .She's probably away playing wi' wee Caleb .
Well I'll leave the soup oan a peep ,the fires lit and well banked doon .Next wan in ,stir the pot and poke the fire and enjoy .
Java
QUOTE (jakka13 @ 18th Feb 2008, 01:14 AM) *
...Sorry I didn't bring treats ...

The clues are there Jakka....laugh.gif laugh.gif
betty2
Hi everyone nice to know the wee hoose is in good hands and kept cheery during my wee absence. Nothing serious about that just did,nt seem to have the time to get on here.. Knee being checked out am awaiting the results of x ray. Seeing a physiotherapist on monday , doc says it will help, [we,ll see] rolleyes.gif

Caleb,s christening is on sunday looking forward to it , what a ray of sunshine that bairn is, to both his mim and dad, most definately heaven sent. xxxx

Keep smilimg and keep the kettle on rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.