Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
laugh.gif Ah'm killin' masel here Ron. Naw it jist sounds like it. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Brilliant Melody wub.gif cold or no cold. biggrin.gif
Melody
laugh.gif ahchoooooo.
Angela Chick
Gesundheit. laugh.gif
Melody
:lol:Thank you kindly Angela.
Elma
Enjoyed that Melody, it was great, pictures good too laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif The snow brought that on Elma ,either that or a sudden rush of blood to the head. laugh.gif
Avril
Melody, wiz that you singing? That wiz brilliant! Well done biggrin.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Thanks Georgia, if ah'd any sense ah would say naw it wisnae me. laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Hi, Thoroughly enjoyed your wee song Melody and it got me so sentimental that I went out and packed up a big box of the lovely, sparkly snow for y'all that have been looking forward to itbut not getting any. It's lovel packing type snow, great for snowballs, snowmen and snow angels. I know you are going to enjoy it. I sent it airmail (so it would keep cool up their in the hold of the 'plane) and used the stiffest carboard boxes I could find, I didn't want you lot to get dented snaw. rolleyes.gif Enjoy it, and let me know just how much more you would like. S'nae bother. Mind you I did have to fill out some very odd custom forms and she did ask me more than once if I was sure about the contents.

Enjoy and send a picture each of you with what you did with your Canadian snaw. tongue.gif

GB
Gallusbisom
Here, I just noticed, I have a cheeky meter-MOI, MOI, the soul of discretion and would never say boo to a goose? I am crushed, I think I need a wee cuppa. Mortified here, ME cheeky. Crushed I am, crushed. laugh.gif
Melody
Aw GB what a kind thought, ah'm away tae figure oot whit ah'll dae wi ma share. laugh.gif Och don't be offended about the cheeky thingy GB we've aw got wan. laugh.gif You'll never use yours so don't worry your pretty little head about it.
Gallusbisom
Thanks Melody, you have made me feel better but my conscience says, I will probably end up on it at some point. laugh.gif I have decided though, that since you were such a peach about making me feel better, I am sending you another few tonnes of snow!!! It just so happened the snowplough went by the other minute and I thought nae good that goin tae waste, so I ran, OK I walked carefully out to the street and asked him to take it right to the Post Office and gave him the same lady's name that I had dealt with earlier. He did have a wee bit of an odd look on his face for a minute, then he said "nae bother hen" A SCOT--see they always turn up when you need them. It would be nice if you could pass some on to Java, I think she really enjoys the stuff and anyone else you think would like a tonne or so. Mair tae come, jist say the wurd. biggrin.gif

GB
Melody
laugh.gif laugh.gif Dae ye know GB it's really Java that likes it mer than me. If ye tell the delivery man tae keep right on till the end of road past me and keep moving south a bit he'll find her nae bother. Ah'm
crying wi laughter here. I really appreciate the gesture but if ye could jist stoap ther because you've given me an embarrassment of riches here.
Java
Ach, send it oan doon...ah've decided tae build a snowman army...it'll be like ma ain version o' the terracotta army....except it'll be white...and no made fae terracotta... unsure.gif
Gallusbisom
Nae bother, pet, you caught me just at the right time, I got through tae ma wee Glesga snowplough driver jist in the nick o time. I explained that anither freen wanted it a' an thet her name wiz Java an she wiz green, there wiz a fair bit a silence oan the ither end bit he eventually said, so you ken her tae? eery eh? How does Java know a wee Glesga Snowplough driver? Amazing-bit he promised she will get every drap. biggrin.gif Next load it your's pet, I promise, any mair takers? Lots to go around, believe me wink.gif GB

PS. Thank goodness we are doing this in Betty's
Java
Oh aye, ah know him GB....he's done a coupla homers furr me oan ma big waash days....marvellous machine he's goat.....washin' dealt wi' in nae time attaw....
Gallusbisom
Oh Java, I want to be in the Terra Cotta/ Snow People army OK? Now I am 21 yrs., 5' 5" - 37, 18, 34 and I look just like a VERY YOUNG Deb. Kerr (well she wiz a cousin-honest) an any dramatic pose ye can think o will be fine, BUT it has to be dramatic, nane o yer staunin there in the cauld wi a spear an shield.

GB
Gallusbisom
See whin Betty comes in, we are awe fur the high jump. Nane o us has lifted a cloot or owt else awe day. OK. Ah'm away tae dae the stairs and fill the coal bin, ah kin be a big sook tae tongue.gif Also gonny gie the windaes a wee wipe.
Java
QUOTE (Gallusbisom @ 24th Jan 2008, 08:32 PM) *
...an any dramatic pose ye can think o will be fine, ...

Well awright, but ah'm gonny need a lot mair snow.....laugh.gif

Betty, ah'm here dae'in the dustin', honest amur....
Melody
Ah'm staunin' here posin' for ma statue an' ye's away an left me. unsure.gif See wan minute it's aw granduer and the next it's aw rubbish.
Java
Ocht ah'm tryin' tae get yer left airm jist right....turn yer heid a bit....up a bit....tae the left....perfect...haud that still.....
Melody
Dae we need mer snaw? unsure.gif
Gallusbisom
Java pet, lots mair will be oan the wey the morra. How miny tonnes wid ye fancey? Noo ah wiz thinkin somethin like the Brittania pose (no the Naked Maja-I'm shy) or mibe the Joan D'Arc oan the horse? I think the Boadecea thingy in the chariot might take up too much room. Mind you I open to suggestions here. Bettty I am also polishing the brasses, honest. biggrin.gif I am sure Melody said she would do the curtains and stoke the fire. Or she went to M & S for some goodies. laugh.gif Betty you have a daft bunch in here hen.

GB
keelie gal
If there is room fer me i wanna be in the snowman army sounds good fun just think of the nice shapes wee would all make could be a masterpiece in the making Java laugh.gif and thats me just washed n dried the dishes keep looking oot the windae waiting for this snow tae arrive rolleyes.gif
Melody
Ah'm no in Markies or daein the curtains ah'm posin' here. Java's sculptin' an you need tae organise that other delivery GB. As long as we make sure the flerr's dry Betty'll no worry.
Melody
Keelie GB got aw the snow. sad.gif
Java
A wee minit Keelie hen....ah need a bit mair furr the weans buggy....position yersel jist across there.....Melody, ye want the full orchestra behind ye or jist a coupla guitars? GB, ah'm thinkin' Joan'll no last long, whit wi the flames and stuff, haud oan tae ah see if ah've anuff wheels furra chariot....
keelie gal
Melody i have wiped bettys floor and gave it a good polish aswell,canny wait fer GB tae send over a ton of snow ochh just think of all the fun we are gonna have mind you no sure wit betty will say if she comes back fae the bingo and theres a ton of fresh snow just been dropped off at the gate i sure hope yer a fast worker Java get sculpting pal quick here's a fish slice to carve oot the tricky bits it was all i could find biggrin.gif
Melody
Keelie watch yer herr Java'a a demon wi that blow torch. Fish slice'll come in handy Keelie, gauni wipe the sweat aff her heid. Talkin' aboot that is anybody gaun oot fur fish suppers?
Gallusbisom
Noo I kin see melody as Catherine The Great or Cleopatra and Java, the name Mary Slessor comes to mind. Poking around Africa in Victorian Gear and using her umbrella as an aid. She was right up there with the greatest African explorers. OK OK I am going to wash the floors, sorry Betty, I tend to just talk as if we were having a wee cuppa and some teabread.

GB
stratson
Four Special Fish Supper's comin' up, better eat them while their warm. Included a pickled Onion. Enjoy.! tongue.gif Hope you've finished the sculptin' java
keelie gal
Awww Stratson yer a wee darlin so ye are ,gonna get tore in to oor fish suppers noo afore they get cold ......Java come in oot the snow yer teas oot pal dae ye want a roll wi yer fish supper
Melody
Stratson we'll get the fish suppers in the oven quick, yer a star. Noo ye'll need tae get intae yer pose for Java. Ah see you as a famous dancer, Moira Shearer maybe?
Keelie are you posin'?
Gallusbisom
Keelie hen, welcome tae the mad hoose. Whin Betty gets back we ar awe gonny get a tellin aff. I didnae huv the snaw drapped at Betty's (no that daft) Java huz the last lot. So you be sure an tell her what you want to be in the snow army. She is awfy accomodating an will dae hur best tae ensure ye get yer choice. Oh, and by the by, if she needs mair snaw, NAE PROBLEM. If I run oot, Cath can provide, of that I am sure. laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Stratson, they only left me two chips, aye two. BUT I did get a pickled onion, sorry to whoever I scratched on the way to the onions, biggrin.gif Now choose a figure you want to be in Java's Snow Army. There are a lot of famous women and men, let's see, since Scots discovered almost everything you can take your pick.

Betty, I just put another roll of TP in the toilet. biggrin.gif
Gallusbisom
Betty, Just wanted you to know that I respect the rules for your wee hoose and although your daft freens are off on a tangent, I hope we are giving you a smile.

Betty, Just wanted you to know that I respect the rules for your wee hoose and although your daft freens are off on a tangent, I hope we are giving you a smile.
Melody
Java ye know me full orchestra or nothin' :lol:Ye must be gettin' tired, never mind the orchestra ah'll dae withoot, Get yer fish supper the noo. See ah can see a lot o' other members that'll be in in a minute wantin' their statues done as well.
Melody
GB ther's nae good sookin' in noo we're aw in soapy bubble.
Gallusbisom
Well I am depending on Betty's sense of humour, or we all toast biggrin.gif As far as I can see given Betty's hutzpah and joie de vivre, I would love to know which statue she would like to be==and I will bet it has courage and guts. biggrin.gif

Worst case scenario whe will tell us all off for spending the afternoon having a good time and no doing the cleaning, I mean who was the last one to do the stairs???
RonD
Chap! Chap! Chap! Its the drayman here wi' a case of Tennents fae the cyber pub. Who'll sing furrit. (Staun's there lookin' gallant in his nicely ironed Tennent's uniform catchin' approvin' feminine eyes at Betty's Hoose) C'moan ah huvnae goat a' day?
Gallusbisom
RonD,
I canny sing at awe, ah canny even whistle. biggrin.gif but it you dae they stairs fur Betty ( Ah don't hiv any pipe clay the noo) then you are SO welcome, mind you you will be welcome even if you don't dae the stairs BUT you have too choose a Snow Statue-after all it is Canadian Snaw, well it wiz when it left here biggrin.gif ) So make yer choice pal, just let Java know which historical figure you want to be, oh and we gladly accept the Tennents, so coam in. I am guessing Marco Polo? Someone who was both an adventurer and open to other cultures and religions.
Java
Oh ah'm that sorry lassies....wee toucha frostbite there....couldny move a muscle....oan the plus side, ah'm hauf finished the army....an' it's a masterpiece if ah say so masel....wee tweak here and there and wur ready....Ron, d'ye want tae be robert the Bruce? ah'm some carver o' the spiders, ye know....oh mind.....who's haudin back the global warmin? Ah see big puddles in ma future.... sad.gif unsure.gif
RonD
Sorry Mrs. that sign[ furr the ale, ma mistake. Ah'm the drayman how dae yeez know ma name?

Anyway, wee wummin wi' the green complexion if ye're dae'in a statue o' me ah'll be William
Wallace 6fit 13 inches tall, broad shooders, and a long main of flaxen hair, so much like ma sel'!! cool.gif
Gallusbisom
Thanks RonD.

I think I got the message. Orra best and I am sure you will make a great William Wallace. Be sure to send Java as much snow as she needs. It has been a great laugh.

GB
betty2
RonD bring some spirits alang wae that case I,m sittin here waitin on a phone call. My daughter in law was admitted to hospita; some hours ago, , so waitin in anticipation for news of the birth of my 6th g/child And I believe in the custom o wettin the weans heid. Ah,ll be here personally tae take delivery wub.gif
RonD
On ye go Betty here's a boatle tae wet the bairn's heid like you say. It oan me, go easy oan it, its an excitin' time. Try no tae bite those nails, waitin' ... er by the way I always liked the name Ronald if it s a boy! right masculine soundin' wid ye no say so? wub.gif My best wishes to you, the parents and the baby too, Betty!
betty2
Thanks Ron I am hopin its a boy, but so far no word . Noo we,re intae Burn,s day hope they dont caw it Tam O Shanter biggrin.gif Ah canny sleep told ma son tae phone regardless of the time , still waitin. Mibby crack open that bottle yi left , hope it wis brandy, thats ma poison rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Betty I'll have a wee nightcap with you before I hit the hay .My eyes are blinkin'.Tae all the lassies that pop in to this wee warm hoose, BOOTS sends her love .She's doing fine .Going out to a Burns doo tomorrow night .Her wee grand daughter is still not out of the woods but she's holding her own as best she can .
Right Betty geese yer glass ,I think I'll make mine a hot toddy .
Hope you get your wish hen for a wee boy but you and I know that no matter if it's boy or girl it will take over a bit of your heart and stay in the special wee place we keep for grand weans .
Cheers to the Mum and Dad and to the precious wee one when it finally arrives .
betty2
IT.S A BOY[size="4"][/size]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.