Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
toerag
Betty, yer talking about seeing a funeral, dis Vera die?? on corrie??
Gallusbisom
Just keekin in tae say hello. In the middle of making dinner here but tae quote sombiddy else "ah'll be back" fur a wee cuppa an a bit o cake----wait a mineet, whit dae ye mean there's nae cakes left? OK, whin ah get back ah will try to bring some tarts (now that may have stirred up some interest from the male side of our group biggrin.gif ) or teabreed, maybe a few Paris buns, H'mm

GB
betty2
Toerag Wera died last friday night, it was so sad brought tears tae ma eyes. Seemingly for health reasons she had to give up work she is an ill woman , in real life. So she had to be written out. A brilliant actress and will be a great miss in corrie.

Once again a quick look in goin tae tackle the ironin and that ,ll let me get an early start in the mornin for my trip intae the city. rolleyes.gif Oh am in ma element in therr shops shops and merr shops rolleyes.gif
toerag
Ach Betty that is sad about Vera, I really enjoyed her on the show! We will not see it for months but will be watching when it comes on over here! Thanks!
tammy
Holey Moley! What have I missed???? I always miss everything! LOL! I come on to see what's happening and see the new rules and wonder what has been going on??? Aww Keelie, sorry about your wee cottage being canceled, I know how excited you were for it. But, wasn't that lovely of the woman to offer you a free weekend when it's up and running again. Angie, how was your Mum's birthday? Is she doing better now? Georgia are you a granny yet???? Today was my first day off, and I spent it cleaning..as usual! I swear to god!!!!!!!! And I'm nowhere near finished. You'd never know that 4 other people live here, because nobody thinks the place needs cleaning. And don't say leave it, because I did..and so did they!!!! I really think I need a housekeeper!!! Well I had a wonderful birthday, got spoiled and am still receiving things from friends. I'm really overwhelmed by all the kind wishes and gifts. I've brought in a box of chocolates because I need help eating them all before I become twice my size!!!!! Well, I'll go have a wee peak. I haven't had much time lately other than poping into the gallery quickly to see wee Blossom show us all her clever new moves!!! Talk soon. Oh Betty you off to Vegas??????
tammy
Toerag, I have heard that the woman who plays Vera has the beginning of Azheimer's not sure if it's correct information mind. I will miss her also.
Java
Mornin' Everybody biggrin.gif

Tammy, by sheer chance ah've been advised tae eat more chocolate, so ah'll have the strawberry wans if ye don't mind......ah love it when ah take ma ain advice....
Angela Chick
Morning all.

Pmsl at you tammy saying holey moley lol we had a lovely time at jac's for my mums birthday thanks for asking we had dinner up there. wub.gif Its the same in here tammy im the only one who cleans, answers the phone, answers the door, they two live on planet(life revolves round me). laugh.gif
Melody
Glad you all had a nice time and enjoyed it all Angela. smile.gif Your Mum would be happy with you all there.
betty2
Afternoon all thats whit happens when you huv a lie in yi miss mornin call biggrin.gif Still cauld here so I did,nt make my jaunt into town , mibby try again the morra,. Its the bed it wilnae let me oot o it. rolleyes.gif

Cold weather had me thinkin of mibby lookin for a wee week in the sun, but family are goin to spain for the football so I,m on housewatch duty. January will soon be taken off the calender and we can look forward to the approach of spring.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye that sounds good tae me betty,,ahave seen some holiday adds on telly , thats a sure sign of nicer things to come ,,,enjoy your day home betty,,Lass biggrin.gif
betty2
Ah better go an start dinner goat a hungry cauld boy comin in shortly , weather like this cin be hard work fur a plumber tongue.gif Goat a nice pot o soup , that,ll heat him up fur starters
RonD
Ah'm mo a plumber Betty but ah sure could go some o' that soup!!!!!! mellow.gif
betty2
Nothing tae beat a bowl o hame made soup rfter a hard days work in cauld weather. rONd I would willingly share it with you rolleyes.gif

Never got back on been checkin out travel insurance, really quite high for the usa and my age, also wance you give youre medical background phewwwwwwww
betty2
Past ma bedtime good nite zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Isobel
Betty not sure if this is of any help to you . For years Jim and I paid travel insurance then four years ago went to the bank to get it and the girl informed us that we did'nt need it. Apparently if we book our trip with our master card we have a million dollars insurance. We looked into it and sure enough it was right. Last year I had a claim ,no bother I got my money, so check it out.
Isobel
I am getting ready right now for my trip going once again to Dominican for the month of February . Not much snow here this year,but oh so cold. Always nice to get away at this time of the year.Need that break, makes the winter seem so much shorter.
betty2
Thanks Isobel but dont have mastercard ah just use my bank card. for all transactions

This was a problem for me when paying my hotel booking apparently it could only be done with a credit card, I had to withdraw the money from my bank , give it to my daughter and she done the necessary with her card. Ready cash bein refused wink.gif hard to understand
Catherine
Guess it depends who's bookin it betty.......naebudy seems tae waant Monoply money fae me an ahv goat hunners of it annaw........bloody typical laugh.gif

We're insured wae our Visa, but is Medical no different Isobel?
I always take out Medical for me an the boys when we travel, never had tae use it but if anythin biggie happent it's worth it ah think, cripes that's aw ahd need!!

We'd the snaw storm here this afternoon, wis jist oot ma nightly walk there an wis huvin a rerr terr peekin in aw the windaes ah passed.
Ah love tae see how others dae up therr hooses, some wid cry me nosy but ahm jist interested ...y'no.
Ah counted three telly's oan in bedrooms upsterrs, only passed wan wae therr telly in the livinroom {most folk here huv their tellys in the basement......livinroom's like the Front Parlour, ahm readin a book oan Jane Austin the noo so ahv went aw hither an dither an wherr art thouest dearest...Oh prayeth for noteth the malais the malais laugh.gif }
Ahm gaunni kill ma pal cos she telt me she'd hung the mirror we shopped fur ower three weeks ago an it's no hung yit.....cos ah wis peekin in an her blinds wur open...ah mean how COULD ye no hing it as soon as ye'v goat it, that wid send me ower the edge.
Geoffs intae his second day in the new job, so far so great.

Ahm offski up the sterrs furra read, no sure if this books gaunni make it but ah'll plod oan incase it grips me.

Whit dae ye make of Heath Ledger that actor eh....bloody shame.
Jist goes tae show disnae matter how wealthy or famous, when yer sad yer sad an ye jist hope ye remember tae look for those brighter days. God Rest him, so young .
tammy
The things you learn when you come on and visit with your pals here. Isobel, I never knew that abou Mastercard either. Interesting. We're still trying to find somethign reaonable for Spring Break, it's maddening to see how they jack the prices up at that time. We only have this year and next to worry about school holidays thank god. Angie, I'm laughing at you saying planet revolves around me. LOL! It's the same here, we have 4 phones and nobody answers it when it's ringing, dives me nuts! They all look at the call display and if it's not for them the don't bother. Grrr! Had a couple more birthday cards arrive today, one from a friend in Alberta and a wondrful card and gift from my pal Keelie. She sent me some bautiul silver and topaz earrings. Very pretty indeed. An Jakka had sent me about 8 packages of bath gel/foams..smell lovely! I really did get spoiled. I'm gonna leave my cards out an enjoy them for awhile. Angie glad your Mum enjoyed her birthday too. Catherine, where is Geoff's new job???? What's he doing now? Well tea's ready and I have snuck in some of Phil's chocolate covered biscuits, so enjoy. He doesn't need them. LOL! Catherine, I'm the same as you, I always look in the windows at night. If they don't want anyone looking in, they should pull the blinds.
Isobel
Catherine to answer your question, yes it does cover us for medical.We have a gold card it covers all the members of our family. If you go on their web site you can read up on it. If you take even just one holiday a year its well worth it.
Have to tell you my pal and I go for walks at night and we always look in the houses. If they leave the drapes open what do they expect. I wish you could hear Marie and I as we walk along. She will say my god Isobel take a look at that or maybe we will be blown away with the paint colours. I know we are just a couple of busy bodies.

Tammy glad you had a good birthday, was it a special one.
Angela Chick
Morning all,

Just a flying visit this morning getting picked up in 15 have a lovely day biggrin.gif doing whatever it is you do. laugh.gif
Java
Mornin' Angela biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Morning all just a wee quick visit as im off for my physio soon so just popping in to say hello and have a wee scoot around the boards to see wits new biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hi Keelie,,did you get a chance to check out the Tweed for me rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
No yet Lass te tell ye truth i had completley forgot pal but i will have a look for you and i will ask at boots tae see if they still sell it ,im sure i saw tweed in a wee chemist shop but i will check for you biggrin.gif
jakka13
Morning everybody .Just finished my walk on the treadmill .Cooling down before my shower .Just popped in to say hello .See you all later .
Angela Chick
Afternoon all, java just missed you this morning biggrin.gif well thats me back from WW and ma lunch a stayed the same weight wise so a was happy with that least a never put anything on. wub.gif

Just having a coffee and catching up, some good topics started.
Java
Aw, well done Angela....stayin' the same at this time o' year is an achievement in itself...personally, ah'm blamin' ma scales....must be the cauld weather, they're jist no readin right attaw...
Angela Chick
Java sometimes a think to maself we only got one life and here's me having to diet for the rest of ma days but then a think so does millions of woman all over. laugh.gif The 3 of us were just saying when we hit 80 we are gonna eat for scotland and more cos by that time we wont care what we look like. laugh.gif

Was really shocked at Heath Ledgers death what a lovely looking guy so very sad.
Java
Ocht Angela, furra small fee ah'll fix yer scales tae read whitever ye want...that's whit ah've done wi mine....efter the first six months, ye believe them.....laugh.gif

And aye, such a shame...his poor wee daughter.... sad.gif
Catherine
Very sad Angela eh.

Ah wis jist up therr gettin Maxiboy fur lunch, talk aboot Siberia , dear God!
Oh roll oan the waarmer weather, ah definately came tae the wrang country in the wintertime.

Ah don't believe in Scales guys , nae use fur them..... time tae cut back when ah cannae get the zip up works fur me, so ye could say ahm oan a constant diet laugh.gif

Ah couldnae move fur laughin at oor Joanne the other day there oan the phone. She'd bought is it the Plate ye call it?
Anyway, ah said hows it workin oot fur ye so faur?
She said ahm no too sure if it works fur boadies since ahv no been oan it yet {she's hud it a year ah might add laugh.gif } but it ferr drys the soaks, quicker than the tumble dryer so it is !
Java
Is that some kinda excercise machine? Dis it involve gettin puffed oot or it's wanna them that dis aw the work furr ye?
Catherine
Knowin ma sister Java trust me... this dis aw the work fur ye...even dries yer soaks! laugh.gif
Only time she gets puffed oot's when she's kerryin in her wine fae Tescos laugh.gif
Java
Aye, see that's the kinna excercise ah'm lookin' furr.....wan that involves boattles....and cream cakes....and chocolate....laugh.gif
Catherine
That's the spirit Java.....Boattles kin be tricky, takes a lotta wrist action, shoulder swingin an balance no tae draap them.
Cream cakes keeps the jaws in action an strengthens the muscles of the tongue when some a the cream squirts oot.
Last but not least ye'v the choaclate, picture Fat takin the place a Guilt an afore ye no it ye'll hae burned aff mare than whit ye started wae.
See.....everythins do-aable laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Ahaaaa...that's where ah've been gaun wrang....ah've been yasin the wrist action oan the chocolate...s'no easy keepin' the resty them away fae it......an ah'm let doon by ma balance...efter the swingin action oan the boattles, ah'm no good wi the balance....laugh.gif
keelie gal
Ha Ha sounds like great excercise tae me lots of fun invovled laugh.gif Angie i was just reading about heath ledger online seems he died of an overdose aye its sad eh and so young aswell ,seems the boards are getting a wee bit busier and with some good new posts makes a nice change eh ,Betty are ye off to the bingo tonite if so good luck pal biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Morning all,

We have a blizzard now and its great biggrin.gif need to go out in it later but will be well wrapped up. wub.gif
Melody
Ah'm enjoying watching it here Angela. smile.gif
glasgow lass
Aye Melody enjoy, but wait till you have tae shovel it tongue.gif
Melody
Oh ah couldnae be shovelin' it. laugh.gif Ah'd need tae get a wee man in. laugh.gif

Or a big man.
keelie gal
Oh i love the snow wish we had some down here its so lovely to watch eh and everything looks so pretty when the snow lies so when ye are finished with the snow ladies send it doon here will ye laugh.gif
Melody
Keelie ah'll swap ye for some sand. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Its Deal melody and a good wee swap laugh.gif
Melody
Brilliant Keelie, ah'll look forward to it. smile.gif Ah'll make a wee sandpit for masel and you can make a wee snowman. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Aye melody sounds good im digging oot ma hat and scarf and gloves as wee speak ...dont ferget yer suntan lotion cool.gif laugh.gif
Melody
Oh if only Keelie.
Melody
For ma pals that are as daft as me, excuse the out of season video, and the awful voice. laugh.gif

Ah just had a wee daft moment, it's no like me. laugh.gif

http://thesimsonstage.ea.com/playPerforman...Q%3D&play=Y
RonD
Melody huv ye been intae the haggis again? wink.gif Seriously , very nice!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.