Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Java
QUOTE (Angela Chick @ 18th Jan 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Right picture the scene woman/man sitting at their computer turns to their other half or whoever and says " oh look i have found a gem of a site about glasgow oops no its about budgies and all sorts. ...

Oh right, so that's whits puttin folk off joinin' in....ye shoulda said before.....ah'll get Martin tae remove the fifty odd posts that refer tae it.....while ah'm dae'in that, dis sumdy want tae pm me a list o' whit wur allowed tae talk aboot? tongue.gif
Melody
I think somebody said earlier that there are too many topics devoted to chit chat. Most of the chit chat does turn into private conversation where readers don't have a clue what's being talked about. I know I have been as guilty as any other in the past of going 'Off Topic'. However, in the past I think we kept mostly to Betty's 'In Masel' for blethering and this seemed to work so much better. All members would post there when they wanted a laugh or a blether, it brought us together more effectively I think. Now before I'm accused of anything favouring one member over another I'm simply saying keeping blethering to one location seemed to work well. There are so many chit chat topics now where personally I feel that I would have nothing to contribute, I also feel most unwelcome. Now as a member who has been on here for a long time how do we think a new member may feel? I'm sorry but those topics often read as though there are coded messages involved, and are most unwelcoming laugh.gif
Angela Chick
QUOTE (Java @ 19th Jan 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Oh right, so that's whits puttin folk off joinin' in....ye shoulda said before.....ah'll get Martin tae remove the fifty odd posts that refer tae it.....while ah'm dae'in that, dis sumdy want tae pm me a list o' whit wur allowed tae talk aboot? tongue.gif

Och you know what do what you like that seems to be the norm on here anyway. tongue.gif
jakka13
Just had a wee backward look here .What am I like ,my son will be forty eight this year and I had him near fifty laugh.gif .See, wis that a wee senior moment .?
Melody I agree with you ,I went to some of the other chat sites when they first came up but soon felt that I was an outsider .It's the same on the rare times I go into the chat room .I know some members blether away to me but sometimes ,depending on who's in there I feel like an intruder being tolerated .Believe me I'm not thin skinned so I'm not imagining this ,that's why I seldom drop in for a chat .I think I could count on one hand the topics I do visit and if I do look down the boards and see some names of the last posters I don't even bother going in because I know it will be a load of rubbish .
Angela Chick
Hello,

Well just gonna have a wee cosy night in front of the telly watch some dvds later on. biggrin.gif Maybe have a glass of rose oh i just love that wine. wub.gif
Melody
Aye it's a night for the fireside Angela enjoy pal. smile.gif What films are you going to watch?
betty2
Cards on the table from me. There are certain members who dont come into this thread because of their dislike of me, I know thet , they know that. But do I care NO, Now to keep up with the general chit chat of other members who post in here regularly they do have to come in and read. Fine thats allowed. But cant they see what they are missing out on by being so petty and childish. This thread was restarted by wee mags , and not me so its not me you are slighting . There isnt the gobbledegook postings in here and when they do pop up they are ignored, m and thats why members stick to this thread. This is truth and I have all but named the members who for reasons known only to themselves I am referring. As for coded messaging this I agree with C/mon this is GG no MI5 wisen up.Said my piece and it was long overdue, slowly you are destroying a good website.. Fact not fiction
Melody
I must say that's exactly my feelings also Betty. It's such a great pity as so many people living all over the world have taken pleasure in reading the funny, entertaining and friendly atmosphere of the posts on GG in the past. I personally would have missed the boards a great deal in the past but not now there is little to hold people now.
jakka13
Well said Betty .I sometimes wonder what the worst offenders minds are like .They are ,as far as I'm concerned, sad individuals who don't see what they are doing by trying to divide the boards .I sincerely hope that there are enough of us level headed members not to be put off by the behavior of a few .
Angela Chick
Im in total agreement with all you say betty, the boards are being destroyed by a few and the sad thing is they probably dont even know they are doing it. Maybe now they will sit up and take heed.
betty2
I for one wont be put off by this minority. Melody clearly states that this board is read worldwide, which has been proven to be so, by the members from all corners of the world . One thing I do care about is glasgow a city of which I am proud of. The wrong image is being sent out and I sincerely hope that all glaswegians are not being judged by the offenders.

Let glasgow flourish. aka the friendliest city in the world , does this not mean anything to you cos it means plenty to me. So why not show the world we live up to our claims
betty2
Good nite all , off to see whats on the box huh.gif
Melody
Enjoy Betty.
betty2
Its 4,13 and I,m as bright as a button, thats what I get for napping after dinner. ThinK its time I went shopping and stocked up on some new dvd,s.So the charity shop will be getting the ones I have at present. tho I do hold on to my old time favourites. Thank god its sunday now, I usually have a visit from my brother and then its once again relaxavoo rolleyes.gif
Gallusbisom
What's this? You never said if you went to the Bingo or if you won, (OK that would be yesterday your time wink.gif ) So it's a quiet Sunday is it? OK, if you have a few minutes, a have a pile of washing that would frighten the French, so are you interested? Threw my back out shovelling snow this week, so I have been slowed down a wee bit. What really annoys me is it was only a couple of inches, I could have left it to melt mad.gif but I decided to clear it up. Silly b----r me. Ocht well, what's fur ye will no go bye ye. Vacuuming today was a right pain in the nether regions, oh well been here before, it's just a crampy thing--.
So that having been said, if you have the time to whip up a batch of mince and totties and maybe a wee trifle for tomorrow night's dinner that would be smashing, oh and a couple of gallons of Scotch Broth. The weans love it. Now, my gues is by this time you are thinking "Cheeky B----r), and smiling. I hope so. Orrabest pal. \

GB
betty2
Gonny have another go at slumberland, maybe this time wink.gif
Gallusbisom
Aye well from one insomniac tae another, if ye canny get tae sleep, take a keek at the boards, guess who might still be up and we can have a wee cuppa and a chat. biggrin.gif
GB
Melody
Morning all, GB lovely to see you posting. Well ah can see blue sky today in Glasgow it's always a hopeful sign. smile.gif Let's hope we have a great day today.
Angela Chick
Morning everyone,

Its my mums birthday today so we are all going up to my sisters house for dinner biggrin.gif looking forward to it all the family together. Quite a mild day here no rain at least thats something. rolleyes.gif
Melody
Enjoy yer day Angela, and Happy Birthday to your Mum. wub.gif
betty2
Have a grear day Angela ah wish ah hud a mammy tae spoil, wub.gif

betty inmasel wance again , Lee away out for the day si uts dinner for one, lookin oan the upside its less dishes tae wash, an ah cin suit masel when tae eat rolleyes.gif

Has anybody noticed its gettin a wee bit lighter at night ? like the light nights hate been shut in wae blinds drawn afore ma dinner hus digested

GB you,ll be sleepin by noo but ready for a cuppa when you are
Angela Chick
Thanks melody a will. wub.gif

Betty the nights get lighter on the 21 Dec biggrin.gif
Avril
I've been away the weekend and just got back.

Melody I'm glad you mentioned the coded messages because I thought I was imagining it, now I know I'm not! Glad it's all been said, hopefully ironed out and we can get back to the friendly welcoming board that GG once was.

Angela I wish your mum 'A Very Happy Birthday', when is she going to pop in for a blether?

Betty is the kettle on? Any chance o' some camomile tea, ah've jist come off the M25 and need tae settle ma nerves ohmy.gif
betty2
Georgia kettles oan , as always, yes hopefully now that we have had our say and done it in an adult fashion, as should be. Am in too good a mood the day , must be because I have recieved mail re. my coming holiday, 5 months yet but nearer than you think. . Even started lookin out the summer gear, but will still have to do a shop. Not yet tho holiday gear are,nt on display in the shops yet.

Here I am rabbitting on about holidays and xmas only just passed. But Im sure it can be said thats positive thinkin rolleyes.gif

Have a good day one,n,all
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hi betty funny you shoud say that as was jist last night I went to pull the blinds doon and I stoped in my tracks , there it was still out ,the sun, although bitter cold it did put a wee spark in mah heart, now Im really looking forward to the lighter nights and spring time ,,see you betty,Lass
Angela Chick
WB georgia biggrin.gif hope you had a lovely time, betty woohoo vegas here you come. laugh.gif

Hello Lass.
glasgow lass
Aye hello Angela tongue.gif
betty2
Kettle,s oan an as usual am no tired. I,ll wait tae see who pops in , aw members this side o the watter ur sleepin . wink.gif Ah,ll leave a light oan jist in case rolleyes.gif
betty2
Angela managed tae get that dvd on amazon. Expecting delivery in 7 days.
murn
Me and Lass ur wide awake so sneek the cosie off, milk nae sugar, got any cookies am awe oot here biggrin.gif
betty2
Hi murn quiet here the night, Think I,ll try ang get some shut eye nite nite
jakka13
Hi Betty and Murn ,
I'll have a cup of tea if it's made .I made some Divine toffee squares so dig in .The diet starts again tomorrow .Don't ye jist love Mondays mad.gif .
Tried to get on here off and on all day but couldn't find it !!!!!.Oh ! well your back in noo so that's all that counts .Once I've finished my tea I'm off tae stitch again .I've nearly finished a nice wee picture my grand daughter bought me for Christmas two years ago .Cardinals in the snow ,really nice, then it's on to another table cloth, and I sent away a picture of Rowan to get a chart made so that will be another project .I think stitching keeps me sane .With all the problems I've had since the year came in it's a nice way to relax .
Well ,thanks for the tea ,hope you enjoyed the squares ,Cheers Jakka
glasgow lass
Ahm here noo,,,did yooz save me some nice biscits, and murn please heat up my tea tongue.gif
Gallusbisom
: Right--it seems that the "night crew" is on. Had some problems getting on earlier but all seems OK now. Woops. I just read the new rules about posting I guess I have to go and review my posts, I have probably flubbed it somehow sad.gif

GB
jakka13
Don't think it was you GB .Just a lot of ill feelings going on for a while .Hope this settles everything down .Lass I made loads of squares ,nae calories wacko.gif
Melody
Mornin' all, glad to see we're all back to normal. smile.gif Have a good day everyone. smile.gif
Avril
Morning' everyone,

Oh ah ah'd love a wee cuppa tea Betty, ah see the kettle's on the boil so ah'll jist help masel .......whit's this toffee squares fae jakka?? mmmmmmmm whit a lovely treat fur a Monday mornin'......ye don't mind if a try one dae ye jakka? Ah need someting tae relax me, ah'm awaiting the birth o' ma 3rd grandchild any day noo biggrin.gif
Melody
Georgia pour me a cup ah'll wait wi ye. laugh.gif
Avril
Awe thanks Melody yer a real pal, here ye are, a wee cuppa tea, wid ye like one o' jakka's toffee squares too?

Baby is due this Friday (Rabbie Burn's Birthday biggrin.gif ) but we've all got the feeling it's gonna be sooner. Ah cannae concentrate, this is ma wee daughter's first baby, ye know whit us mammy's ur like, oor weans are all grown up but their still oor babies smile.gif

Ah've jist pit the kettle back on tae boil, is anybudy else comin' in tae wait wi' me? ....could be a long wait though, ah'd better run doon tae Galbraiths fur mer tae, sugar & milk, ah'll no' be long!
Melody
Oh don't be long Georgia whit if the phone goes? laugh.gif Get some Haggis for celebratin'. Ah've nae experience o' this kind o' thing wi ma daughters. Ah don't think ma nerves would take it. unsure.gif Ah'll keep the kettle boilin' though.
Angela Chick
Afternoon,

What a day here snow its so cold as well, just back from the supermarket glad thats all taken care of, just gonna have a coffee and relax then get back to it stuff to do around the house. biggrin.gif
Java
Angela since that's you in for the day wid it be awright if ah sent ma share o' the rain up tae you....jist for a wee while, jist while ah get ma messages.....
Angela Chick
Java a will do most favours asked of me but rain no way you know how i feel about rain. laugh.gif

A can lend you a brolly while you get your messages. biggrin.gif
Java
Right ye are then...a brolly'll dae.....but if ah'm no back in four hours, send a boat wull ye?.....laugh.gif
maryhillgal
Java, the "Waverley" is on its way to get you so you can come "steamin'" hame.
betty2
Back tae norm ladies an ony gents who care tae call Hope GG will take into consideration my eyesight problem, and I wont be pulled up for spelling errors. . Other boundary rules are no problem with me

Rotten weather here , huvnae been ower the door aw dat, Thats me inmasel again rolleyes.gif

Aw furgoat tae say hello fellow members
glasgow lass
Did murn get my hot tea like aha asked her or did she bugger off tae the pub again,Jakka the squares sound yummy,,,and would that be calorie less or calorie ferr, put the cards oan the table hen this is serious tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Aw calorie free ,see me tongue.gif tongue.gif
betty2
Never mind the calories enjoy the taste, Come up here to put towels away and thought I,d pop in ,,waithin on corrie startin. Ah.ll need tae find oot the day o the funeral so as ah cin work aroon it. [Vera,s]

Hope its a bit dryer the morra feel like a wee dauner ibtae town biggrin.gif shakin the blues away. Somebody hus came in the back door ooops visitor, keep the kettle oan an the fire well stoked up be back later rolleyes.gif
wee mags
well good day ladies .its bliddy cauld the day .I have to run oot for a couple of odds and ends ,noo lookin forward to it sad.gif I hope all the nonsense is all over now and we are back tae normal [well as normal as you can be on this wee post]
Georgia I know what you mean,when Sarah gave birth I was nervous wreck,and when we saw her after she had recoverd after her c section I was crying ,and the first thing the wee bugger says its whats the matter with you Ma? am the wan who gave birth ,dont yae jist love them ?
[oo good luck on the new baby when it comes ] wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.