Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Angela Chick
Tammy if there was Choc Anonymous i would know cos i would be joining lol. I read in the paper that the average person puts on 8lbs over christmas so 5 aint so bad, i hope i havent put on more than 6lbs cos if i havent i will still be within my target. rolleyes.gif
tammy
Well 5 is bad enough! LOL! I'm gonna eat my remaining chocolates and be done with it and then try and lose it. I have no willpower. lol
glasgow lass
Just send them over tae me ,,,ah'll get rid of them for you tongue.gif
Angela Chick
laugh.gif @ Tammy.
keelie gal
I have lots of choccies you can have GL as im not touching them noo , laugh.gif like Angie im back to WW on thursday to kick start my diet again after xmas and my holiday im dreading getting on the scales ,but in a way it will be good as i will be very good with what i eat ,bought tons of fruit today and im drinking loads of water and doing my dance DVD....No More Vodka and Late nites im a good girl now tongue.gif
keelie gal
Tammy dont worry pal im sure you will shift any pounds that you have put on pal at least you enjoyed the choccies,im saving the choccy hedgehogs you sent me for my special treats wink.gif
jakka13
I'm scared to get on the scale .I had lost fifteen from our thanksgiving till the week before Christmas .Bet I put it all back on .I got back on the treadmill last week so it's a step in the right direction .I got two boxes of Godiva Chocolates .I ate the small one and put the big one away .I'll wait till I get some of the pounds off .If any of you have ever eaten Godiva Chocolate you'll know how hard that was . laugh.gif
keelie gal
Never heard of Godiva chocolates Jakka though they sound lovely but good on ye pal for getting back on the treadmill wub.gif
Angela Chick
Tammy i keep losing my msn connection i have just replied to your email wub.gif keelie nice to have you back pal glad you enjoyed your holiday. biggrin.gif

Oh my Godiva chocolates they sound fab jakka lol oh well like i said diet time for me again good while it lasted though.
Angela Chick
Goodnight all wub.gif tammy be sure to know your in my thoughts and prayers. wub.gif
glasgow lass
Aye good luck wae yerr slimming plans lassies,,,Lass:)
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Since we have been talking aboot sents tongue.gif ) can anybiddy tell me if they still sell one in Glasgow called Tweed that was another one I loved and forgot to look for it when I was there,,,Lass
keelie gal
Hvent seen Tweed in the shops for ages GL but when im out today i will have a look for it and let you know
keelie gal
morning all wit a miserable day it is here today , just having my wee cuppa then its off to the hospital today to start my physio on my fingers and im hoping they will tell me i can return to work in feburary so will have to wait and see ,Tammy how are you pal hope to catch up with you real soon wub.gif and thanks Angie its nice to be back even though i loved the holiday which i have put up a couple of pics in the gallery i lost alot of pics as i had a new camera for xmas and still cant fathom the thing out i asked for a simple one to work but this one has a ipod and mp3 player in it i can just about switch it it on and take a pic but now i have more time on my hands i will take time to read all the book and cd that came with it thank god i bought some kodak chuck away cameras to take with us so i know those pics are safe well folks i must be off catch you all up soon
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Thanks Keelie that was mah sister who mementioned Tweed tae me ,, see her tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Keelie aha really hope that you have a good check-up today,,,Lass smile.gif
tammy
Keelie good luck with your physio, I hope your hand is back to normal soon, so you can return to work and your regulare lifestyle. That is still maddening to think about. I'm just glad you are ok. And I still have your box of wonderful mint chocolates to enjoy.

Jakka I have had Godiva and you have good willpower putting those away! LOL! I have a box of Purdys and have only eaten a few, but ther is still loads of chocolates in this house!!!! Feel free to visit us and eat some any of you!!!! Be the nicest thing you could do.

Well gals I'm off again, might pop in later.
keelie gal
Hope you do pop in later Tammy tried to catch you earlier pal and just missed you sad.gif well folks seen the nurse today and done some excercises first time i had the splint off scar healed really well can hardly see it well seeing it was done by plastic surgoens it should be good ,nurse got me to do excercises on hand and it was painfull but need to persist as the fingers need to start working again ,said i can return to work late feb Hoorayyyyy cant wait lassies near a can canny come quick enuff fer me i really miss my work and the people so to cheer maself up i booked a wee cottage up in linconshire for next weekend just to get away fer a couple of days and have a wee jolly roon the country and i treated maself to some leopard skin design wellies that were in the sale so all round no a bad wee day biggrin.gif
tammy
Hiya Keelie..leopard skin wellies! LMAO! OMG! LOL! How avante garde you'll be splashing in all the puddles! I wish I was going away the weekend with you! I realized I will be working on birthday too, how fun is that? Blah. Ah well it's just another day. So is John going away with you for the weekend too? That is fantastic news you are able to return to work at the end of next month. yay!!! Well I have to go finish fixing my hair, I have to pop out to the stores myself soon. Not really looking forward to it, not in the mood.
keelie gal
Aye Tammy ma wellies were my wee bargain of the day pal same as these ones but i got mines fer a tenner .....Where wid ye be withoot yer wellies laugh.gif
jakka13
Love the Wellies Keelie ,Good News about your hand .Did they ever catch the bast@#$%???
Hope you enjoy your wee weekend away in the country .
I finally got all my Christmas stuff put away ,27 boxes of decorations !!!!!I'm puggled laugh.gif .Now I will dust and polish every thing and start to gather stuff for our first trip up to the lake in a couple of months .Everything will still be frozen there so it will be just a trip up with a van load and then back down to the condo .All depends on the thaw when we go back up for the summer .
I've left some fruit cake in the larder ,hope you enjoy it with a wee cup of tea .
annie laurie
HI keelie
I love your Wellies,
Time will fly past before you know it it will be February,
Take it easy with the exercises you will get there
Cheers
OXo
Angela Chick
Keelie your braver than me style or no style i just could not wear wellies laugh.gif they just aint me. biggrin.gif
Melody
Hi Angela how ye doin'? Have you heard from the Lady of the House? smile.gif
Angela Chick
Hello Melody am good thanks you? spoke to betty last friday she was telling me she had a great night out on new years night with family and friends as it was her daughters birthday. biggrin.gif
Melody
Yes she said that, I'm glad she enjoyed herself. smile.gif What a night last night hardly anybody got a sleep for that scary weather, stuff strewn about the streets this morning here. Some dreadful accidents as well.
Angela Chick
Oh a know melody winds were terrible Erskine and Forth road bridge were shut, trees toppled all over the place my next door neighbour (numpty that she is) has one of those big trampolines in her back garden, it was round the side of her house this morning. Never slept a wink myself but will sleep the night. biggrin.gif
keelie gal
LoL Angie i wouldnt normally wear wellies myself but im heading off to linconshire for the weekend next week and im gonna need them there as there is no way im getting ma good boots ruined saying that thats no a bad idea if i take ma good boots and get some mud on them i can tell john there knackered noo and he might take pity and buy me some new ones wit dae ye think laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Aye keelie well thats different i thought you bought them to jump aboot in biggrin.gif but mud noo thats a different matter indeed good idea. biggrin.gif
annie laurie
Hi angela
You mentioned the Erskine Bridge do you live near there??
My best friend I grew up with lives in Erskine
so does my nephew
Cheers
Angela Chick
Annie i dont live anywhere near the Erskine Bridge i just saw it on the news. biggrin.gif

My daughter has been having a lot of headaches the pass two weeks lasting a while and making her sick,we went to the doctors she is suffering from migraines poor thing. sad.gif Hopefully the medication will do the trick and keep them at bay.
Melody
Aw Angela poor wee thing migraine is awful take it from one who knows. sad.gif I get the visual disturbances the lot. In fact had one today and my head is pounding at this minute. sad.gif
RonD
Ah used tae get migraines, eye strobing, the lot. always oan a Sunday when ah could relax an' huv them very seldom at work when ah wiz buildin' up the stress tae huv them. Ah hud them usually in the Spring and Autumn when the barometer wiz most active, diet did them tae. Ah remember huvvin' wan almost instaneously when ah hud an orange soda, probably the chemicals. Ah'v hud them so bad that ah hud tae tae go tae hosipital where they gave me a shot o' gravol, (that whit we call here in Canada) the same thing ye get furr sea sickness. 13 years ago ah wiz downsized fae ma corporate boss, ah vowed never tae work furr anywan again. Ye'd think that wid raise the stress level. So ah've been self employed furr that length o' time, it took a few years tae get tae a payin' level but in all that time ah've hud wan , yes only wan headache. The fact ah don't eat meat or dairy anymore probably probably helps tae.
keelie gal
Angie sorry to hear about Lauren i really hope the medication works for her poor wee soul there's nowt worse than a headache i hate them dont get them very often thankfully ,well folks was busy today had wee Blossom round today and she has made me laugh so much she really is comical have posted some photos of her i took when she was round today in the gallery biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif Keelie Blosson and I have the same bear at home, he was a gift to my son at birth when my boy was about one yr old i asked him whats the bears name he said Muffin so now Muffin is almost 24 , and still in amazing condition,,what lovely photies of wee Blossom,,Lass
Melody
Thanks Ron, I've only in the past year or so started to suffer from migraine. I appreciate the information as it is very frightening. It's the vision going that is the worst for me,.the headache comes later on in the day and lasts into the next day also feeling a bit sick. sad.gif Thanks again and I'm glad that yours are almost gone now. smile.gif
RonD
I feel for you Melody, as only another migraine sufferer can. I remember when I was young about getting so excited about an upcoming party or get together only to end it in an hour when a migraine would set in. Often as you say the only way to get rid of it was to be sick. Not a pleasant subject. unsure.gif
keelie gal
Afternoon All biggrin.gif Busy day again today having a major clean oot in the hoose today fed up looking at crap in cupboards and drawers we are never gonna use so its all gone feel alot better now it's all out ,going to view a new house later on its in a different area and i dont really want to move that far but John seems to have his heart set on it so will have to wait and see its early days yet and it might no be what we are looking for fingers crossed biggrin.gif well folks have a good weekend and enjoy
jakka13
Had a lot of personal problems this week .Read some of the posts but just didn't feel like joining in .Have a good week end lassies .
murn
huvnae read thru everything but where's Betty huh.gif mellow.gif
Java
Good Mornin' Everybody ....wee light coverin' of snow here...biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stratson
Mornin' all, sad.gif park opposite and cars all covered in white, not snow, looks like Jack Frost. Bitter cold, think freezing!!

sad.gif
Melody
Oh it's no half freezin'!!!!!!!!! unsure.gif ohmy.gif
betty2
Her,s me biggrin.gif got caught up with other stuff , had 3 family birthdays so its been hectic, now lookin forward to the new baby ,s birth. Another time for celebration. Had a phone call from Leen she will be returning to Oz next month after her year here, so we are meeting up before that, , she has been a good friend to me over the past 6 years on here so I am looking forward to finally meeting her.

Everything else is well with me but wishin this cold weather would go away cool.gif
glasgow lass
Hi betty,, how are you doing aha can see that it wont be too much longer till the new arrival gets there how thrilling for all of you,,, are you getting ready tae spoil the wee one,,,aw the best ,,Lass biggrin.gif
betty2
Hi Lass
A new baby is one sure way of beating the january blues an ah canny wait tae spoil him/her wub.gif Its so cold here am gonny curl up oan the couch wae a good movie excellent way to spend a cauld winters night. Noo ah,ve got tae decide whit movie?????///
Angela Chick
Welcome back betty wub.gif

Am so sick of this weather, i need sunshine been looking at holidays on the internet seen a few good deals for Dominican Republic,Jamaica, Mexico hopefully one of those three places this year for us. biggrin.gif

Jakka hope all is ok at your end.
betty2
Another way to beat the blues, start planning summer holidays. Any one of those 3 sound good to me Angela, lots of good deals going around just now. I know I have started thinking holiday wise , even tho its 5 months before I take off , Even thinkin of sunny climates is good therapy cool.gif
betty2
Going back tae telly, too quiet here tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Aye betty its cold and a bit damp here aha think its going to be the telly for me to soon,,,hope there is something good on Ive not looked at the telly in ages ,,now how do aha turn it oan again laugh.gif tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.