Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
glasgow lass
Hi Keelie, Its nice tae hear that youre on the mend hope its not too long till you are in full swing again ahm sure that yirr wee trip will help you recover faster,,,Lass biggrin.gif
jaybee
MHG hope your feeling better today... you have one week till Christmas to mend.

Betty, keep up the Bingo winnings, you are doing well. What's your secret, a wee horseshoe or a rabbit's foot? Jayvee
Angela Chick
MHG sorry to hear you haven't been well, i hope you feel better soon ((((((( hug)))))))) wub.gif

Jaybee a think bettys secret is her charm. biggrin.gif
Java
Here you, did you get ma crackers?
tammy
Java I got some crackers for you, don't fret. Also some lovely Bailey's for our coffees and hot chocolate, I noticed we were geting a bit low. Just made some butter tarts and mincemeat tarts too for any who would like one. MHG hope whatever is ailing you, you are better soon. I'm sipping my lemon drink for my sore throat that Phil so kindly gave to me. Guess I can't say he doesn't give me anything.
keelie gal
Righto tammy pass the baileys roon hen ,oh and dont forget the butter tarts aswell as they sound to delish tae pass on ,sod the calories as its xmas eh and why not laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Hello all.

Im sitting here with false nails on lauren done them for me earlier biggrin.gif a can hardly type god knows how am gonna manage to do stuff, first time i have wore them as i have always had long nails but the past wee while they have all broken and i detest short nails. rolleyes.gif

Oh well they look lovely anyway.
tammy
Keelie here you go pal, mind the crumbs eh. Betty will have us cleaning if we're not careful and I haven't the energy. Angie I bet your hands look lovely. Good plan too, you'll now have to get Mark and Lauren to do more things for you so you don't break a nail! LOL! Anyone have more heat they'd like to share, I can't get warm.
keelie gal
I will pull up the chair by the fireplace just for you pal ,sit yersel down and get comfy and a baileys coffee is sure to put a wee fire in yer belly laugh.gif Angie i know what you mean about the nails when you first have them done they are a nightmare to pick things up with eh but you do get used to them and its like ye have never had them on ,as Tammy says its also an excuse to get away from the washing up laugh.gif
celtic-chic67
I hate it when my nails break ,I sometimes have tae wear false nails to cover up the broken ones.I some times forget and maybe run my fingers through my hair,and end up wae hairy nails,and baldy patches laugh.gif laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Exactly lassies they can run after me for a change laugh.gif

Michelle pml at you here. laugh.gif bald patches lol.
betty2
You all sound in fine fettle, and full of the xmas spirit, an ah,ll huv a bailleys as well, rolleyes.gif Keelie good to hear you are on the mend, and gettin plenty TLC.Jaybee you enjoy youre retirement , I,m sure you have earnrd it..Noo Angela you watch they nails so dont go runnun yir fingers through Marks hair, well no tae efter yir night oot. Am jist gettin the french manicure done, less hassle .
There,s no enuff hours in the day fur me at this time , so you all take care and enjoy preparing for xmas, cos ah think that the build up to it can be a fun time also biggrin.gif
betty2
Done a wee board check therr 11 members on line plus one anonymous, an aw they guests, but dont see much postings wink.gif Notice also new members [I think] cos I dont recognise their names, so to you I say why not come in and say hello. It can be enjoyable on here by taking part.
betty2
Time for some shuteye good night zzzzzzz
Java
Good Mornin' Everybody....biggrin.gif

Still nae snow.....there's no many days left.... sad.gif
RonD
Still plenty o' snow here but they urr talkin' aboot a green Toronto oan Christmas as its gonnae go up tae 5 degrees and might rain oan Christmas.
Gallusbisom
Morning all, Hey Java, it's 3.20 AM here and the snow plough just woke me up clearing the street again (not that it snowed very much yesterday) and has just put another pile accross my driveway, but I am not worried 'cause I KNOW that you will be over to help my clear it out in the morning, right? laugh.gif GB
betty2
Mornin all, nae snow or rain here but dammed cauld. tongue.gif
betty2
Canny sit here much longer work to be done ,have a nice day one an all rolleyes.gif
Java
QUOTE (Gallusbisom @ 19th Dec 2007, 08:33 AM) *
...'cause I KNOW that you will be over to help my clear it out in the morning, right?

Of course ah wull GB, but ah'm walkin it....mind it disny melt afore ah get there, okay? biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Afternoon All ,nae snow here either but woke up this morning and the place was white with frost really did look pretty ,mind you its all gone now but that icy wind is still there just been to the shops and the wind near took the face off me,so thats me in fer the day ,off oot tonite going for a meal with Johns mum we usually go once a week fer a wee blether and a catch up but i havent made it the past few weeks so im looking forward to it tonite i have got the xmas hats and the crackers to get us into the spirit ,so i better get a move on and start getting maself ready so hope ye all have a good day and will catch you all up later biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Alright Betty popped in tae see if ye had any winnings tonite guess yer busy pal as we have missed you on the boards today so hope all is well,hope ye have a rerr terr at yer wee dinner dance thursday good fer you pal get the nails painted and the hair done and gee it some betty style biggrin.gif wub.gif
tammy
Hiya Keelie pal. Seems like everyone is getting into the festive spirit of the season. Our own Betty getting herself all dressed to the nines ready to go out on the town. I hope she has a wonderful night. I finlly got a start into my baking today..one batch of shortbread, butter tarts, mincemeat tarts and some jam jam cookies which are an old recipe handed down from my french Great grandmother..soft molasses cookie sandwiched with jam in middle. Tomorrow will have to make my cut out sugar cookies and quiche and torteire pies. Make Phil and Rachel what they were asking for, homemade baked macaroni and cheese for their dinner tonight, while it's baking I thought I'd pop in here with my glass of red in hand and see what's happening. Keelie how was your dinner with your Mum in-law?
keelie gal
God Tammy sure sounds good to me all that baking ma mooth is watering here pal butter tarts get me everytime and sugar cookies well gonna have to get the recipes off ye pal , mind you yer talking to a wummin that hasnt lifted as much as a cup in weeks so the thought of getting intae the kitchen and doing some home baking will leave alot to be desired,my wee fingers should be functioning again normally mid January thats if the op went well fingers crossed lol i really hope so as its my right hand i have lost use of its a nightmare Tammy the left wan is taking the brunt ,as its not a hand i use as much it tires easily but ye know me i dont give in ,i have made a wee mental note to buy the left haun a wee pressie when i get my right wan back laugh.gif
keelie gal
Home baked shortbreed ...i buy mines from marks n sparks ,my john canny tell the difference when i bring it oot in a plate i buy my mince pies from there aswell usually i work right up till xmas eve so never get the time to bake them wish i could but as the advert goes

this is just not any food
this is m&S food laugh.gif

thank god fer M&S
Elma
My philosophy exactly Keelie, why make them when you can just go out and buy them, no bother, no fuss............

I must admit I make mincemeat tarts, buy the pastry cases, buy the mincemeat, put them together, pop into oven...........et voila....... works for me!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
RonD
Jist delivered M & S puddings and Mr. Kipling's tarts yesterday. The wonderful part of my job is seeing ex pats ' eyes light up when they see things that they haven't seen in years.
tammy
Keelie, we don't have Marks and Spencer's here anymore. And I enjoy baking when I'm in the mood for it. Went back to the shops today even though I said I was done and you guessed it I bought the girl's each another present! LOL! I need to just stay home! But, they'll be happy and that's all that really matters in the end. And it's just as exciting for Phil to se what "we" got them Christmas morning! LOL! Well, I'm gonna see what's happening and hopefully someone will pop back in, so I'll put the kettle on.
keelie gal
Tammy the kettle is on pal where are you ochhh no yer no away doing more xmas shopping are ye laugh.gif Betty hope ye had a great nite tonite at your dinner dance will look forward to hearing all about it

Tammy the kettle is on pal where are you ochhh no yer no away doing more xmas shopping are ye laugh.gif Betty hope ye had a great nite tonite at your dinner dance will look forward to hearing all about it
tammy
Here I am Keelie, how are you pal? can you believe I have to go out again today for one more present? Here I was bragging I was finished! LOL! I'm gonna have to work OT to pay for it all or rebuild my bank account! LOL! What's new? Anyone seen Catherine lately?
keelie gal
Hi Tammy i just knew you would be out christmas shopping again pal ye canny help yerself eh laugh.gif Been into marks n spencers for my christmas pudding and mince pies and i got the neighbours some tins of shortbread as i do every year ended up buying loads of wee goodies in there as they had a good sale on so i bagged some good bargains and got wee blossom some nice wee dresses that were in the sale so im chuffed to bits with my bargains got John to buy me new jammies and slippers and a dressing robe for xmas morning ,well i have to look ma best when he is taking photo's of me opening ma pressies in the morning hopefully with the new camera i asked him to get me ,but will have to wait n see laugh.gif Betty and Angela where are yeese been missing you both
tammy
Yoohoo Betty, Angie, Melody...och I bet you're all out enjoying the festive spirit of the season! I hope you're all having a blast! See Keelie, I came back with my present and I missed your phone call! Well, have a great time out tonight, have a wee drink for me and know I'm thinking of you! Sounds like you made off with some really nice deals at Marks and Spencers. Wee Blossom will look gorgeous in her new dresses. As will you in your new Christmas PJ's. LOL! I'm just waiting on Miss Rachel to dry her hair, so I can take her to the mall for a new ski jacket, they're all on sale and she says as she does every year, I need a new coat, mine doesn't fit! I have closetfuls of new looking jackets. Anyone need one? LOL! Maybe this weekend we can all get together and have a wee Christmas party of our own and maybe Jakka will even bring her famous punch with her! I'll bring the butter tarts and mince tarts. Melody could start us off with a nice Christmas carol or two. I look forward to seeing you all soon. wub.gif
Angela Chick
Hiya Ladies.

Tammy trust you still buying laugh.gif had a great christmas night out wednesday there a bit hungover on the thursday but enjoyed it at the time. Entertainment was Robbie Williams tribute he was good but nothing like the real thing as a have seen him live but he sounded just like him. wub.gif
tammy
Hi Angie, glad you had a fun night out. Next time we come over the 4 of us will have to go out. An I'll have you two know that I'm REALLY finished shopping now!!! LOL! Now, I'm still baking!!!! Going out in a couple of hrs to a friend's house they are having people over for drinks and appys to get into the festive mood! Merry Christmas to everyone if I don't get a chance to get back on. Keelie I was home all day and no phone cll? LOL! I'll be home all day tomorrow too!
betty2
A MERRY XMAS
Things have been so hectic here I have,nt had a minute to myself, To all who have pm,d me in the last few days I,ll get back to you shortly, and thanks for the kind wishes from Jakka and celtichic.
Had a great night out at the barn club last week and have had a couple of lunches with friends over the past few days. Our way of having time with one another at this special time of the year. Most enjoyable. All shopping done [thank god] going to my daughter,s for xmas dinner so no cooking rolleyes.gif for me. Family say my days for that are over its their turn now, so I aint arguing on that one. Have a merry xmas everybody , I for one will and looking forward to a new beginning with the birth of my g/child in january rolleyes.gif
Java
Merry Christmas to you and yours Betty... smile.gif
tammy
Hi Betty, glad to hear you are not having to do any of the cooking this Christmas! Put your feet up and sit back and enjoy yourself!! I believe you deserve it! And a new baby to start a New Year off, now that is a wonderful start!!!!!
Angela Chick
Happy Christmas hope you all have a good one. biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Merry Christmas Everyone hope you all have a lovely time wub.gif
Catherine
Jist poppin in to wish you all a Merry Christmas guys......round two of the Flu in this hoose an ahv been in ma bed fur two days {draap dead glamarous.... NOT laugh.gif }

Have a Happy and Peaceful day everyone biggrin.gif
jakka13
Just want to wish all the friends who drop into Betty's a Very Merry Christmas .Had a blether with Boots this afternoon so I'm sending on her best wishes to everyone .
RonD
HI all: Best wishes for Christmas day whenever it begins. Catherine hope your are all feeling better soon.
Ron
tammy
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you have a fun day and find love and peacfulness too. Catherine, hope you're feeling better soon!!!
Angela Chick
Morning all.

Had a lovely christmas with all the family, could open a perfume shop today if i wanted laugh.gif i got that much. Hope everyone had a good time. Today we are of into town to hit the sales grab a wee bargain or two. biggrin.gif

Catch up later.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye Angela, I love doing that especially if I have no serious shopping to do it can be fun,, aha might do it at the weekend with my sister on Bloor st,, some nice shops there have a great day ,,Lass tongue.gif
Gemini
sorry I missed out on wishing you all A MERRY CHRISTMAS, I am down here in Georgia but leaving today for home, and it was just this a.m. that I finally found the board, so I have a lot to catch up with when I get home, but I will wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR in case I find trouble with my pc at home. smile.gif
Melody
Merry Christmas to you Ria. smile.gif
keelie gal
Hello All ,thats me just about recovered fae christmas it was 3 days non stop for me and i have just got the hoose back to normal instead of looking like a bomb site so myself n John have been cleaning since 7am this morning ,but it was worth it all as we really did have a great time and loved having everyone round ,just been to the salon had my nails and hair done and we leave for the airport at 2pm we are off to spain today so it's a week of chilling out now and we both need it and are looking forward to it ,so a very happy and healthy new year to you all when it comes and i will catch up with you all when we get back so All RA BEST FOLKS XX wub.gif

LANG MAY YER LUM REEK
betty2
Hi everone just getting back to reality here had a wonderful xmas with my family, and lots of lovely pressies. Fun started xmas eve then carried on through till thursday but it was a lovely time. Next week I will welcome in the new year but dont go overboard with this one , prefer having a quieter time now, leave all the festivities of new year to the young ones. But I,ll quietly enjoy and reminise of happy times in the past and hope for a happy healthy future and I wish the same to all my friends on here. Thank you to all who sent me good wishes via pm,s and to kaneman who gave me a thought at this time [ lovely guy] need tae start gettin breakfast back on the go for him when he returns to the board , he,s havin problems wae his computer, but managed a message to me for xmas . Noo is that no thoughtful wub.gif Bein saturday am off tae bingo so here,s hopin
stratson
Good Morning Betty and of course Everyone. Good Luck with the Bingo today biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.