Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Isobel
Looking forward to seeing them Betty
betty2
10,000 post s an still doin well
This wee room ah cawd INMASEL
Yis aw come in fur a cuppa an a blether
An many,s the laff we huv when aw the gither
Its the place most choose tae post their news
Its the get the gither place we aw share oor views
Others prefer a china cup at the english rose
But maist like like tea in a mug in this room up a wally close
Its freedom o choice oan that ah,ll agree
An the competition never bothered me
This room I hope will continue with its stories tae tell
An betty 2 will never again be INHERSEL. rolleyes.gif
betty2
Isobel congratulations you made the 10,000th post in here
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hats off tae betty,,that was great,,Lass
betty2
Lang may oor kettle continue tae boil rolleyes.gif
Gallusbisom
Betty.

That wee poem was smashing. biggrin.gif Thank goodness for you and "yer wee room", it has been a haven for some of us at some times.

By the bye, dae ye happen to huv the winnin numers fur the next Bingo game? Goan yersel hen, ye ur a real stoater.

Cheers

GB
betty2
GB wuish ah could oblige you wae the numbers biggrin.gif

Nice compliment re. "the room"
Gallusbisom
Betty,

Sorry about your loss pet. Life is not easy but you are a shining example to all of us on how to deal with the good times and the not so good times. Thank You.

GB
Elma
I pop into this wee room often Betty, but sometimes slip away un-noticed without saying anything. I do like the warm feeling it gives where everyone shares their good and sometimes bad times. Long may it continue - and Betty, you wee poem is great wub.gif
Elma
I've just read your sad news Betty, any loss is hard but is seems especially bad at this time of the year. I'll say a wee special prayer for you tonight. wub.gif
betty2
rolleyes.gif Thanks Elma rolleyes.gif

Always happy to please
betty2
Goodnight all getting late here , an am zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
jakka13
I'll add my wishes that Betty makes the Special Post Only nine to go .Will we have a party to celebrate ?
celtic-chic67
Betty so sorry tae hear about your loss,will say a wee prayer for you & your family .
jakka13
Noo am a no a numtie or whit .I must have missed a page and thought there was still nine more posts to go .I think I might be in a coma with all the great smells in ma kitchen .My man says he gained five pounds just smelling everything .I wish i could have all of you good friends sitting around me but at least I'll get to sit with a few on Saturday .I'll take pictures and we'll raise our glasses to all of you .
Great we poem Betty ,you have a lovely way with words .
tammy
Well done with your poem Betty! A grand poem from a grand lady! I htink I am missing a few posts though, cause I don't know why you won money and I don't know anything about your recent loss. But, I'll send you a big hug anyways. You haven't had it easy the past couple of years pal. But, you know we all treasure you.

Jean I wish I could be at your lunch meet. I can only imagine all the fun you'll have! I am going out Saturday night for a Christmas dinner for Phil'swork, so I am looking forward to that. It's always a fun night. Wish everyone a "Merry Chrismas " Saturday for me.

Speaking of Christmas, I realized today, that I had more gifts bought than I had thought, so I'm almost done! Woohoo!! It was quite a feeling to know I only have a couple to pick up. Will allow me to ge my baking done next week and pick up the odds and ends. You know all the munchies etc. Not too mention the drinks in for company. Well pals, will leave you for now.

Again congratulations on your wonderful room Betty it's always a comfort for all your friends to come in and just put their feet up and discuss whatever.
Java
Good Mornin' Everybody...biggrin.gif

Congratulations everybody .....10,000 posts in wan topic.....buncha blethers....laugh.gif
wombat
morning fae oz java whits the next topic?????
Java
Good Mornin tae Oz Wombat.....biggrin.gif Whit's the price o' kangaroo meat these days? laugh.gif
jaybee
Congratulations Betty, but according to my PC you made the 10,000th post. Time to celebrate, I'll put a wee bitty somethin in yer tea..... an its no milk.......Jaybee
jaybee
I guess I am missing posts too, this is strange. I also have not seen anything about your win or your sad loss Betty. Somebody playing around with the posts????? probably just me being PC challenged again. Jaybee
betty2
Been caught up with so much family stuff hard to keep track but I see we,re still going strong, which brings to mind jaybee a strong cuppa wae a hint o somethin other than milk.
Tomorrow is bingo dae yis think ah,ll dae it again? wink.gif Well am gonny gie it ma best shot rolleyes.gif
betty2
Time ah wis elsewherr "DREAMLAND G/NIGHT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
jakka13
Well Good night my friends ,this wee place has been a God send to me .You took me in when I was very low and helped me get back on my feet after I lost my lovely sister .
glasgow lass
Jakka Im sorry to hear that you lossed your sister it must have been terrible for you ,I know that it would be for me if I lossed my own sister ,,,Lass
Java
Good Mornin' everybody biggrin.gif

Condolences Betty, it's turnin' intae an awfy time of year for you....

Congratulations on yer retirement Jaybee....wish it wis me.... smile.gif
keelie gal
Morning Ladies 10,000 posts and still going strong eh wink.gif Betty you keep on that winning streak pal just think of las vegas biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Hello all.

Quiet in here, must all be so busy with Chrismas preparations, done all my gift shopping now and all wrapped up just need to do the food shopping for all the goodies. rolleyes.gif

I hear the Candians are snowed in must admit i wouldnt mind some snow. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye Angela thats right we are snowed in so aha think its going tae be a very white christmas here tongue.gif
keelie gal
GL i would love a white christmas aswell but it never happens ,mind you saying that the last few days have been baltic here so ye never know we might just see a drop of the white stuff yet as the grit lorries are oot in force at the moment ,ye canny beat a wee bit of snow at xmas eh having said that i would hate to be snowed in aswell hope yer keeping well wrapped up GL biggrin.gif
Gallusbisom
Keelie my dear, hang in there, I will be delighted to send you as much snow as your could ever want laugh.gif I am blaming that Java for continually harping on about snow. (heh, heh, heh) Last Sunday I shovelled the walkways and the driveway (not feeling sorry myself y'now wink, wink but the driveway is about 50 ft. accross, mind you it feels a lot more. ) Then I had to salt it because we had some freezing rain----no salt, so off I toddle to get salt, none to be had, anywhere! Since our driveway is on a gentle slope, salt became a priority for me. I ended up buying 10 boxes of reg. salt and that at least gave me a head's start on the ice. Ok, not so bad so far, right? We have now had another foot or more of snow dumped between last evening and, hang on a minute, Yup it is still coming down. Lucky me. I went out earlier today and cleared the walkways and the driveway again and salted them but the snow was still coming down and the wind was blowing so I now have just as much out there as I had earlier. NOT a happy camper here. It is not so bad when you can use the snow blower but our's is in for repair, much like my dishwasher (another sad story LOL) so I have to shovel this stuff. So anyone who would like some snow for Xmas, just get in touch, I have more than enough. I have offered unlimited quantities to my brother in law in Fla. (he loves the snow, sure when you don't get any).

GB
RonD
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.........................let me find the besom that put those words tae paer ah'll molicate him so ah will!!!! dry.gif Ah'll huv tae dig oot ma snow blower that ah hud serviced las Autumn and see if he did a good job!!!! That's efter ah trudged a' the wey tae the shed and dig a' aroon' the doors so ah cin get them open!!!! mad.gif
Java
Good Mornin' Everybody biggrin.gif

Where's yer sensa Christmas cheer you lot.....you get tae make snow angels, snowballs, igloos and aw sorts...we're jist cauld.....laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Morning all.

Bitter cold today here, sun is shinning but so icy off out later to see ma mum and get some last minute things at the shops biggrin.gif never ending at times oh well it is Christmas. wub.gif
RonD
If ye wander intae the pub, Java tell 'em ah said tae make ye a nice mulled wine, that'll werm ye! smile.gif
tammy
Morning everyone. Well where I am there isn't ay snow left, but we have all the rain you want. Anyone interested? And it's freezing! I'll take snow any day. Although it was sad to read about the woman who was killed trying to fix her windshield wiper blades that had become frozen and she coudln't see, to be hit by a snow plow and her two kids were inside saw it all! Terrible tragedy. I hope all of our pals on here stay warm and safe during the snow blizzard. Angie, I've also finished my Christmas shopping as of yesterday! And most of it's wrapped too! Gonna start on my baking this week. That should help to keep the house warm! Keelie how are you feeling pal? Well, better get off and get myself organized for the day! Maybe catch up with you later on today.
betty2
Sitting here wae ma milk an biscuits, and as usual not sleepy. Dont understand why had a busy day shopping, Going to my xmas dinner/dance on thursday night so that called for something new rolleyes.gif The city was hectic and the buses were jammed pack. I swear I,m not going near the town till after new year, much as I love shopping canny be daen wae aw this hype.

Still on a roll bingo wise another two small wins and a wee lottery win, an ah mean wee, dae the bonus ball draw at the credit union so ma number came up . All in all the weekend gave me 165 , keeps me happy biggrin.gif

Ah,ll away an see whit else of interest oan here , can,t expect much guess everyone is too busy with all the festive preparations, ah know I am
betty2
Off tae bed tomorrow is another busy day for me,
Elma
Sleep well Betty, Good night.......... smile.gif
wee mags
well I hivnae been on for while.my son had a gallbladder operation the I got news about two elderly ladies I took care of for 20 yrs, had been Killed by their new housekeeper, they ahd gone to a retierment place a very nice one,it seems the woman had taken their Social security numbers and bank numbers, they were two fun loving ladies they loved life and think for a lousey $1,000.I read all about it on google such a horribel way for their lives to end sad.gif
then I got the worlds worst cold ,I could not even talk to Gemini when she called me the other day ,but I managed a wee gab the day .sorry for posting this here betty but I just thought I would let you know why I was not on,
Elma
That's terrible about the two old ladies Mags, what an awful thing to do. I hope the housekeeper was severely punished, didn't hear about it here.

Hope you get over your cold soon, it seems to be making the rounds all over. Have a wee hot lemon and honey and get Mike to pamper you, always helps! smile.gif
keelie gal
morning all im up wi the lark this morning came down fer a wee drink of water and could'nt get back to sleep i was tossing n turning fer two hours so i decided to come back down and make maself some hot milk to see if that does the trick that was over an hour ago so it hasnt worked im still wide awake,so i thought i would pop in and say hello to you all and have a read on the boards and catch up as i havent been able to get on much latley running aboot daft trying to get everything sorted out ,with xmas creeping up fast and getting things organised for my holiday it has sure kept me on ma toes,but im getting there slowly but surely rolleyes.gif
Elma
Good morning Keelie, hope you get a wee rest during the day to make up. How is your hand doing, you seem to be managing all the Christmas preparations no bother.

I'm just about ready for bed so goodnight everyone..........
Angela Chick
Morning.

Another cold one in glasgow this morning brrrrr. Betty well done you another win hope they keep on coming biggrin.gif just staying at home today lots of stuff to do need to pamper myself for my Christmas night out tomorrow. rolleyes.gif
Java
Angela, could ye pamper yer wey tae Debenhams and see if they've any crackers? Get the wans wi the good toys in them, ah'm no want they stupit plastic keyrings and things...biggrin.gif
betty2
Mornin all mags that wis terrible about the two friends of yours,. You seem to be havin a bad time all round, Hope things pick up for you ,have,nt had a spare minute myself but will be in touch over the festive season. And you have no need to apoligise to me for anything after all what are friends for.

Just had a pm from another board member who is having a difficult time [healthwise] so everyone how about hugs for MARYHILLGAL.
keelie gal
Guess you will be wantin the posh crackers then Java laugh.gif Hi Elma the hand is on the mend the disolving stitches hasnt quite disolved yet wish they would hurry up as every time i look at them they give me the boke but they are getting there got the use of my thumb and index finger back i call them my wee grippers and would be lost without them ,start my physio on friday to get the fingers working again as the splinter will be on for at least another month,but im getting used to it canny peel or cut veg and things so John has been doing all the cooking i have been training him up in the kitchen and i must say he is doing a grand job biggrin.gif Angie hope you have a good nite out tonite and good for you having a wee pamper day we all need them noo n again eh ,Betty hope all is well with you and yer keeping on yer winning streak keep that wee pot o gold topped up pal
keelie gal
Betty just seen your message there so here is my big hug fer maryhillgal get well soon MG
Java
Hug from me tae MHG.....hope ye feel better soon biggrin.gif
celtic-chic67
hugs fae me tae mg,hope your feeling better soon. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.