Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Footprint
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat
enrique
huh.gif I had a meeting last week where we had a contract company come to our place of work and by using graphs , and collected data , they gave us a now and in the future talk about our carbon footprint and how it effects us all , the graphs showing how if we all take more interest in our fuel usage , how it would dramatically help the climate , only thing is when we use less fuel ie electricity , instead of getting a fairer deal we end up paying more for our usage , because of course all the big Gas and electric companies, they are trying to make cash profits for there share holders , so where is the insentive for pursuing this ideal, we just cant win
Doug1
And it has just been announced that our household energy bills are set to rise again this winter. I seem to keep hearing our politicians saying how prices will be pegged and the big energy suppliers controlled more as to their pricing....Balderdash, the government has shown how completely ineffectual they are in dealing with the energy suppliers
serabash
thank goodness I changed my contract last week and now have it fixed until 2016 at 3% lower than the normal rate.
enrique
QUOTE (serabash @ 13th Oct 2012, 05:22pm) *
thank goodness I changed my contract last week and now have it fixed until 2016 at 3% lower than the normal rate.

Well done serabash, anything to beat the robbing ????
mlconnelly
QUOTE (serabash @ 13th Oct 2012, 04:22pm) *

Well done serabash. I've just capped mine for the next 2 years with my existing supplier for both gas and electric.
And tip for anyone who may be struggling to pay the the increase, ask you suppliers about Warm Home allowance. The criteria for getting the allowance is quite strict and they take ages to decide if you qualify but it could make all the difference between heating you home and freezing. Mary smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.