Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upload Pix
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Misc Boards > Technical Support
bilbo.s
Anybody else have this problem ? My laptop (Vista) will not upload photos - go through the process but "upload" button is dead. Sometimes the "quote" button is the same.

Everything hunky dory on my pc ( Windows XP)
Rab
Mines perfect on XP Bill,
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 18th Sep 2012, 06:47pm) *
Anybody else have this problem ? My laptop (Vista) will not upload photos - go through the process but "upload" button is dead. Sometimes the "quote" button is the same.

Everything hunky dory on my pc ( Windows XP)

maximum size is 2mb so you need to check the size.
bilbo.s
That's not the problem, John. The upload button is just inactive on Vista laptop.
Tori G
Hi Bilbo.s I just tried to upload a photo in the gallery to help you out with your query as I have vista.... anyways it wouldnt upload. Twice I tried this, once at normal size photo, then a re-sized photo, both to no avail. The upload button was activated however a problem occurred message showed.

Oh and I too cant activate the shout button either, after months of trying and asking for help sad.gif sad.gif
bilbo.s
Thanks, Tori G. Very strange indeed. I also often have problems with the "QUOTE" button not activating. Everything hunkydory with XP on PC.
john.mcn

Have you tried another browser?
This laptop came with vista and as soon as i could i upgraded to windows7. Vista was just a pile of rushed crap and i do not regret getting rid of it.
bilbo.s
Took your tip, John, and switched over from Firefox to Internet Explorer - works fine.

XP + IE or Firefox = OK

Vista + IE = OK

Vista + Firefox = Disnae work.

Go figure ! Thanks, anyhow.
john.mcn
Well it could be you have a plug in or extension blocking them.
Jupiter
Click to view attachment.Click to view attachmentS.jpg]
I managed to upload these but normal pics are too big.
Jupiter
Most pics Ive taken are over 2mb so unable to upload.
bilbo.s
Joop, There are loads of programs available - try Irfanview.
mlconnelly
Nice photo Joop, it took me a second or 2 to recognise where it was. Strange to see the Glen Douglas still standing. Mary
Jupiter
It was taken a few years ago Mary.Thanks Bilbo,Ill give that programme a look.
wellfield
I have trouble everytime I try to upload,sometime it works,most times it don't
I click the 'add reply'
I click 'browse'
I chose the pic or video I want then click it 'open
It opens up in the box below the 'white box' that says something about attachments (don't know what that white box is for?
I then click on the 'upload' box
The rotator upload wheel just spins and spin for ages!!...no upload
Maybe the pic is too big or the video is too long.
bilbo.s
Probably pic too big when that happens. My upload button just doesn't work when I try to click it on Visa laptop, but works fine with PC on XP.
wellfield
Thanks bilbo..I'll keep trying...still don't know if I'm following the right procedure as I mentioned in my post.
Rab
My brand new PC is working Windows 8. After years of problem-free photo uploading, nothing is happening when I click 'upload'. Any ideas anybuddy? - before I burst into tears! rolleyes.gif
wombat
tongue.gif pass the kleenex tongue.gif
GG
QUOTE (Rab @ 4th Mar 2014, 06:33pm) *
My brand new PC is working Windows 8. After years of problem-free photo uploading, nothing is happening when I click 'upload'. Any ideas anybuddy? - before I burst into tears! rolleyes.gif

Hi Rab,

Sorry to read you are having problems. Can you try putting Internet Explorer into 'Compatibility View', as described here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-...w-turn-off.html

You may have IE version 11 but I think the process is still the same – any one of the three methods described in the page should change your settings. Let me know how you get on.

GG.
Doug1
QUOTE (Rab @ 4th Mar 2014, 06:33pm) *

Hi Rab. like you I also bought a new PC running on windows 8.1. After just reading your post I tried uploading a picture into an "on this day" post and it did go through okay. I use Google chrome as my main browser and I think I did it in my usual way, however I did notice a little drop down menu box which I clicked, though I'm not sure if it really did anything. My post is showing 2 pictures where I think only 1 should have gone through, not sure why!

Hope you get it working okay

Cheers Doug
Rab
Thanks for tips folks which I am off to try now. This Windows 8.1 is truly rubbish! After many years happily working with XP and hardly any problems ever, this system has proved a nightmare - and I understand I am not alone in my frustrations with it. As I am a computer dummy, I wish I had kept my old but slow PC now! thumbup.gif
Rab
Miracles still happen!! I thought I would give it one more try at uploading before attempting your suggested remedies and -Bingo! - up went my load! laugh.gif

All seems well now though I have no idea how! Click to view attachmentanyway!
Betsy2009
Martin, have you had any problems with Windows 10 please?

I can't upload pictures. The upload button just sits there looking at me.
Can't reply to PMs either.

Help please????

By the way, I saved a picture as a Word document but that didn't work either.
wombat
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 8th Nov 2015, 11:20am) *
Martin, have you had any problems with Windows 10 please?

I can't upload pictures. The upload button just sits there looking at me.
Can't reply to PMs either.

Help please????

By the way, I saved a picture as a Word document but that didn't work either.

betsy,check batteries in mouse and keyboard they may need replacing thumbup.gif
Betsy2009
Thanks wombat but I have those funny old fashioned things that are connected by a wire!
Everything else is fine - I just can't upload anything. It ignores me. I'm going to cry now!!!
john.mcn
use a picture hosting service like https://imgur.com/, upload them there and just post the link with the img tags
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.