Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where In Glasgow Are You From?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
alybainfan
Yes my granny backed onto the railway as well, same side as your granny..but lower down, mine was at 58 ..and her daughter, my auntie betty lived with her.. their last name was Conner. biggrin.gif

Dunvegan
QUOTE (AlexK @ 13th May 2011, 10:30am) *
Beth, everyone seems to have their own idea of Kamloops' population, but I believe it's within a few thousand of 85,000. Because of the way it is built (along the valley bottoms of two intersecting rivers) I believe it is the second largest city in BC in terms of area.

Alex

My wife's cousin Dorothy Johnstone lives in Kamloops. I was there a couple of years ago, didn't think it was that big, but it must take in the surrounding towns in its' municipality.
Elma
Yes Kamloops is that big, population about 85-90,000. My son lives there in the Dallas sub-division which is within the Kamloops city limits. He works for the city, he is an accountant, assistant Treasurer of the city, in charge of budgets, etc.
AlexK
Dunvegan, the area surrounding Kamloops is called the Thompson-Nicola Regional District and the population of that in 2006 (this includes Kamloops and other municipalities) was apparently 122,286 (see http://www.tnrd.bc.ca/ ). Elma, please pass my best regards on to Doug next time you talk to him.

Alex
marydee
I had never heard of Kamloops until last year when I had reason to be doing some research that involved looking at newspaper archives there. The people I got in touch with through the local papers were brilliant and I got co-operation over and beyond the call of duty especially from a Ms Elisabeth Duckworth at the Kamloops Museum. My surfing for information has had me popping uninvited into the e-mail boxes and Facebooks of numerous Canadians and I must say that I have always been answered and even when they could not help me they usually took the time to wish me luck in my quest. So to the folk on the GG Board, who live in Kamloops please accept my thanks on behalf of your town.
beth
Why I asked is that Allan's cousin Irene hawkins lives there and I did not want to look as daft as the folk who ask me if I know Joe Blogs from Scotland
Old Grey
In reading the posts on this page it brought fond child hood memories flooding back.

I was Born 1939 in Okbank hospital, we lived in Possilpark with my granny Carberry @ 161 Barloch St., (corner of Barloch & Closeburn St's, went to school St Theresa's and St Cuthbert's in Possilpark in the late 40's early 50's, before moving to the prefabs in Barnes Rd, Ruchill,and attending St. Bernadette's.

My mother, Bessie Jones (nee Carberry) from a family of six, grew up in Possil, My uncle Joe Carberry ( who married Mima Biggins from Denmark St) was the "saw doctor" in Brownlee's Sawmill before emigrating to Canada, and my father " Wullie Jones" was related to the Donnelly's who live in Closeburn St., I believe? I remember some of my mother and father's friends names but not exactly where they lived, i.e. " Agnes & Margaret Steel" I know they lived on Mansion St., "Nellie Main" " Beatrice Keegans" " Margaret & Henry Cairney" Denmark St., "Beatrice Keegans" "Tommy Docherty" " Betty & Bill Biggans" "Hughie (Big Shug) Carrol " to name a few.
When I left school "St Columba's" I went to work for " Maggie Reid" Wm. Reid & Sons, butcher shop, on Saracen St., and I've been a "meathead" ever since.

Moved to Milton in 1954 & served three years in the RAF 1958 -1961, married the girl nest door in 1964 and emigrated to Canada where we raised three childre and now have five grandchildren I am retired, however I do make the trip home once a year to visit my father who will be ninety-seven on his next birthday.

I'm still in touch with a few old and dear friends from the area, my best pal Eddie Reid and his sister Jenny,(Allander St ) who I make a point of seing every time I make the trip back home, Nessie Morrison (Mansion St.) & Bill McGuiness, (Bilsland Dr.) who live here in Canada about an hours drive from us Theresa Connelly that, I'm sad to say, passed away just a week ago, another person that we visit when we're back.
My wife "Margaret (Pearl) Jones (nee Reilly)" her sister " Winnie Reilly," her mother & father " Winnie & Alex Reilly" are from Mansion St., Winnie Reilly ( nee Imrie) was the brother of Tommy Imrie and his wife Charlotte who lived and raised eleven children on Stonyhurst St.

I have fond childhood memories of Saturday afternoon matnees at either the Possil, or the Mecca picture houses,with a visit to Birrell's sweetie shop, the fresh rolls from the van at "The Cross", Cathy Craig's mutton pies (and the grease dripin doon yer chin" a double nougat from the Lido or a fish supper from Peter's,
Takin the 18 tramcar to go visit my grandparents ( the Jones' ) who lived on Memmell St., at the corner of Hawthorn St.
I also remember the bike rides on a sunday with John & Jimmy Inch, Pat Gallagher and the gang, the great parties with the boys from Barnes Rd. in my teens ..... Yes indeed! .. The Good Old Days! .... not much money, but a treasure in memories ........... Priceless!!

Frank Jones
Crewsy Fixer
Nice wee read Frank, welcome to GG.
Mrs L
QUOTE (Old Grey @ 22nd May 2011, 08:29pm) *
In reading the posts on this page it brought fond child hood memories flooding back.

I was Born 1939 in Okbank hospital, we lived in Possilpark with my granny Carberry @ 161 Barloch St., (corner of Barloch & Closeburn St's, went to school St Theresa's and St Cuthbert's in Possilpark in the late 40's early 50's, before moving to the prefabs in Barnes Rd, Ruchill,and attending St. Bernadette's.

My mother, Bessie Jones (nee Carberry) from a family of six, grew up in Possil, My uncle Joe Carberry ( who married Mima Biggins from Denmark St) was the "saw doctor" in Brownlee's Sawmill before emigrating to Canada, and my father " Wullie Jones" was related to the Donnelly's who live in Closeburn St., I believe? I remember some of my mother and father's friends names but not exactly where they lived, i.e. " Agnes & Margaret Steel" I know they lived on Mansion St., "Nellie Main" " Beatrice Keegans" " Margaret & Henry Cairney" Denmark St., "Beatrice Keegans" "Tommy Docherty" " Betty & Bill Biggans" "Hughie (Big Shug) Carrol " to name a few.
When I left school "St Columba's" I went to work for " Maggie Reid" Wm. Reid & Sons, butcher shop, on Saracen St., and I've been a "meathead" ever since.

Moved to Milton in 1954 & served three years in the RAF 1958 -1961, married the girl nest door in 1964 and emigrated to Canada where we raised three childre and now have five grandchildren I am retired, however I do make the trip home once a year to visit my father who will be ninety-seven on his next birthday.

I'm still in touch with a few old and dear friends from the area, my best pal Eddie Reid and his sister Jenny,(Allander St ) who I make a point of seing every time I make the trip back home, Nessie Morrison (Mansion St.) & Bill McGuiness, (Bilsland Dr.) who live here in Canada about an hours drive from us Theresa Connelly that, I'm sad to say, passed away just a week ago, another person that we visit when we're back.
My wife "Margaret (Pearl) Jones (nee Reilly)" her sister " Winnie Reilly," her mother & father " Winnie & Alex Reilly" are from Mansion St., Winnie Reilly ( nee Imrie) was the brother of Tommy Imrie and his wife Charlotte who lived and raised eleven children on Stonyhurst St.

I have fond childhood memories of Saturday afternoon matnees at either the Possil, or the Mecca picture houses,with a visit to Birrell's sweetie shop, the fresh rolls from the van at "The Cross", Cathy Craig's mutton pies (and the grease dripin doon yer chin" a double nougat from the Lido or a fish supper from Peter's,
Takin the 18 tramcar to go visit my grandparents ( the Jones' ) who lived on Memmell St., at the corner of Hawthorn St.
I also remember the bike rides on a sunday with John & Jimmy Inch, Pat Gallagher and the gang, the great parties with the boys from Barnes Rd. in my teens ..... Yes indeed! .. The Good Old Days! .... not much money, but a treasure in memories ........... Priceless!!

Frank Jones

Frank, I got such a kick from your posting - brought back so many memories. My mother's brothers (John, Tommy, Neil and Joe Martin) lived in Panmure St and I spent a lot of time
there and Saracen was a great haunt. oh those double nougats!!! Went to St Cuthbert's for about a year and then back to Gayfield St. and St Joseph's (Neither of which are around anymore) I believe the Mecca is a Bingo hall now. I remember the Saturday matinees, when we all sang our lungs out (following the bouncing ball) And the coup behind Panmure St (I believe that's a new housing scheme now) Yes great memories indeed!
billp
I was born in Glasgow in 1938. Lived in Bankhall St Govanhill with my Mum and Brother, We left Glasgow in 1949 for Christchurch New Zealand where I still live!. I was back "home" in 2002 and yes things have changed - a lot of fond memories though!
Bill
Exilelass
Technically I am not from Glasgow, but from Lanarkshire, as Stepps is outside the city boundary by one mile.
I moved to Inverness in '79 to train as a nurse and then, in the next 25 years move 43 more times to my current home in BC Canada, via Indonesia, NZ, Alberta and numerious places in the UK. Hoping to go home one day, but Scotland has changed so much in the past 20 years and I have changed in different ways, so we have rather grown apart. sad.gif
GG
Hi billp and Exilelass,

A very warm welcome to both of you – Glaswegians (yes, we'll accept Stepps) true and now both living so far away. I hope you enjoy the GG Boards. We are a friendly bunch, and if you have any questions just let us know ...

You can ask Questions About Glasgow here:
http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showforum=8

And post Technical Support questions here:
http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showforum=10

You could also post here:

New To The Boards? Say Hello Here
http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15818

As it's just another place to say "Hello" ... or browse some memories here:

Glasgow Memories
http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showforum=18

GG.
angel
QUOTE (Exilelass @ 8th Jul 2011, 10:03pm) *
Technically I am not from Glasgow, but from Lanarkshire, as Stepps is outside the city boundary by one mile.
I moved to Inverness in '79 to train as a nurse and then, in the next 25 years move 43 more times to my current home in BC Canada, via Indonesia, NZ, Alberta and numerious places in the UK. Hoping to go home one day, but Scotland has changed so much in the past 20 years and I have changed in different ways, so we have rather grown apart. sad.gif

Hello Exilelass Lass , welcome to the boards which I hope you will enjoy
When I came on the boards ,I thought it was just wonderful
reminiscing over childhood memories and also adult experiences
but that can only go on for so long, and because of the time away from Scotand I too have changed in many ways and have a completely
different outlook on life and it seems to be that if I do post anything
regarding my life here in Canada, it is of no interest to most of the members on the boards , there is no feedback , therefore no conversation, unless it is all about Glasgow and sometimes Scotland ,
However,you just might find that you will make a few personal friends,
which has been , I am pleased to say , great for me .
Canadian members did post regularly at one time but those posts have dwindled a lot , I would say over the past year or so , and I now find myself searching for a topic to which I can relate , which is rather difficult to find these days ,with the exception of the Singsong thread.
cheers

Anyway , Excilelass , I do hope that you will enjoy the boards . biggrin.gif

Exilelass
Thank you for your welcome Angel.
Where in Canada are you?

We have found quite a few Scots here, but they are usually 'the token Scot' in the area and are not very welcoming to new Scots. We have, however, found a butcher from Glasgow and are able to get Ayrshire bacon, Cumberland sausages and black pudding. Amazing what you miss! smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (Exilelass @ 8th Jul 2011, 11:36pm) *
Thank you for your welcome Angel.
Where in Canada are you?

We have found quite a few Scots here, but they are usually 'the token Scot' in the area and are not very welcoming to new Scots. We have, however, found a butcher from Glasgow and are able to get Ayrshire bacon, Cumberland sausages and black pudding. Amazing what you miss! smile.gif

I'm glad that you have found a good butcher , but for myself I just miss the black pudding , of course I can buy that here along with sausages
and bacon which I do , when I have my family and grandkids over for
breakfast smile.gif .
I live in Ontario Excilelass , but I did and still do , have lots of Scottish friends . lf you work the chances are good that you will meet many scots
but for what it's worth ,I've found that Canadians can be very good friends and neighbours ......... remember , " When In Rome " cheers biggrin.gif
Chrissie
Welcome to you billp and you too exilelass. smile.gif

You'll meet a lot of nice people here. Good storytellers, people who know a lot. (more than me that is) biggrin.gif

Exilelass
QUOTE (angel @ 8th Jul 2011, 04:53pm) *
I'm glad that you have found a good butcher , but for myself I just miss the black pudding , of course I can buy that here along with sausages
and bacon which I do , when I have my family and grandkids over for
breakfast smile.gif .
I live in Ontario Excilelass , but I did and still do , have lots of Scottish friends . lf you work the chances are good that you will meet many scots
but for what it's worth ,I've found that Canadians can be very good friends and neighbours ......... remember , " When In Rome " cheers biggrin.gif

We're on Vancouver Island, been here for 10 years and in Canada for 20.
Which part of Glasgow are you from?
My butcher had his shop, with his father, across the road from the Royal, where I used to work. We reminisce, every time I go in, about the 'good old days'!
Dunvegan
QUOTE (Exilelass @ 9th Jul 2011, 03:28pm) *
My butcher had his shop, with his father, across the road from the Royal, where I used to work. We reminisce, every time I go in, about the 'good old days'!

My brother and sister in law live in Sannich. I was house sitting for them a few years ago when they were in Europe. I also have relatives in Nakusp and Vancouver. They had a heat wave when we were last there; temperature 34c. They couldnt understand me wearing a jacket in the evening or not noticing how hot it was during the day. tongue.gif
Exilelass
QUOTE (Dunvegan @ 9th Jul 2011, 02:26am) *
My brother and sister in law live in Sannich. I was house sitting for them a few years ago when they were in Europe. I also have relatives in Nakusp and Vancouver. They had a heat wave when we were last there; temperature 34c. They couldnt understand me wearing a jacket in the evening or not noticing how hot it was during the day. tongue.gif

You'd need your jacket now. This is the coldest spring/summer on record. Right now, at 6am it is 9C !!!!!
angel
QUOTE (Exilelass @ 9th Jul 2011, 04:28am) *

morning Exilelass, I've been in Canada since 1965, and I originally come from Partick, I have never been in B.C. I've only managed as far as Alberta . biggrin.gif
bilbo.s
I am an A.D. kinda guy myself. biggrin.gif
angel
And to you Billp , welcome to the boards biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 9th Jul 2011, 01:34pm) *

thats because I'm older than you Bill . I'm older than tea. sad.gif
TeeHeeHee
... and Bill's a day older than grass. laugh.gif
Big welcome from me too guys. Great to see that new people are still regularly coming aboard. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
and probably taller as well angel rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
as for Tee,,,,,,,well thats another story rolleyes.gif
bilbo.s
Thae wummin gettin poisonal, Tomi ? unsure.gif
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 9th Jul 2011, 04:26pm) *
and probably taller as well angel rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
as for Tee,,,,,,,well thats another story

Hi Lass , when I said that I was older than tea
I really meant "Tetley " lol , but I do consider
Tomi to be a " wee " pal of mine " He has such
a varied interest in so many subjects , and this
of course interests me, and he is also , quite the storyteller, EH. !!!
Now as to Bilbo , I have enjoyed his wit / humor and his choice in
music , also I think he is a bit longer in the leg than wee Tomi. rolleyes.gif .
Wee Davy has done a great job travelling all over the U.K
with his stories I do hope that he will be on his feet soon, I find his thread so interesting.
Now , If I did'nt welcome these guys to the boards ,
I do so now cheers
Dunvegan
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th Jul 2011, 12:34am) *

A.D. B.C.......???
angel

A.D. Latin , Anno domini , the year Jesus was born.
B.C. ..... before Christ smile.gif
MaryC
Haven't been on this board for ages. No computer.....but back on line now. Came from Possilpark moved to Springburn... lived with my granny for a long time. Now in England. Great to be back and reading the post.
tamhickey
MaryC, I worked in Possil in the Sarry Heid and the Brothers in the 80's and came from Springburn and I loved every minute of both!
JohnTRobertson
I was born in the 'Southern' and lived in Cornwall Street, Kinning Park till I was 5yrs old then moved to Elliston Avenue in Priesthill, (aka, Beirut) till I was about 14yrs old.
isteenson
Born at 113 burnhouse st maryhill. !945
Moved to provanmill in 1951
Moved to the states in 1965 joined the USAF and travelled.\
Seen your discussions on this site and it does make me homesick!
GG
Hi isteenson,

Thanks for joining and posting. A very warm welcome to you. Nice to have you on the boards and I look forward to you joining in the discussions. Provanmill hasn't changed that much; Maryhill quite a bit!

GG.
Chrissie
Welcome isteenson. You'll love this site and most folks on it. It's like spending a few wee hoors at hame. smile.gif
Jupiter
TamHickey, I used to see Joe and Eugene McHugh in the Sarry and the Bros from time to time in the 80s/90s and was wondering if they were still on the go.
Joop
Mharia
Good day to you all.
Seen as Im a new member to this .and want to get to know you all.I can give you a wee bit of myself
(history).
My mother was staying in Maryhill when she had me in the rottenrow. glasgow living at .Kirkland st. were the fathers family was everywhere ,I also remember ,in amounst the salvation army and other down trodden places for a mother and bairns to go.when there is no money or man.apart from a drunking father that is messing about all over Scotland and drinking the wages away.and battering my mother as well as us bairns.He left when I was 1 year old.We some how got a place in Balornock.were I went to st.marthas.primary.later to attend st roches.though in between I was sent to the residential schools.and many foster homes.most of my childhood is of no great tails other than cruelty to most of the children in the scheme.The family .teachers and many other systems was not just cruel to the children but damn right abusive.every body ignored the pleas and crys for help.ignoring the signs.This I never understoodeven the bloody health system was just as bad.
And as for the board well.goes without say.After reading all your responses and shared tails.you have said it all.im sure I could add more but hey why make it all sound even more to good to be true,
for entertaining our selves.we played in the Red rd flats.running around on the railway lines.across to Germinson.were you got your head bashed in if caught..We would all be living on the edge of danger(why) as if that was normal.we spent also most of our time pinching anything we could,veg,friut from Forest Hall hospital.and know in taking it home would mean a battering.atleast we got to eat some thing.as food was scarce from no wages coming in.we were clothed from the Board(uniforms).and examinations before attending the residential school.Maybole was one if many.
The gangs and fights from one scheme to an other.and Catholics and Prodisants was terribile.yet in the summer times we all hadto share the same school for school dinners,even then you can imagine the hunger being the pull to a place you know the risk of having your dinner ticket taken or even battered .again no adults turned an eye.
I could go on and on here but im beinging to feel the injustice to us bairns of yester years.so I will stop for now.
I hope you may see/understand me story,maybe you were there.so my dear kin.I look forward in hearing from you.
oh you can ask me anything you want be happy to share,
again thanks for this site and hopefully a new family
Melody
Welcome Mharia, I hope you will enjoy the boards. smile.gif We're not a bad lot, just blether away.
You seem to have had a rotten time as a child hopefully adulthood was a very much better time for you. Folks share all sorts of stuff on here, good times and bad. You'll soon get to know everyone. smile.gif
pananasea
Not in glasgow in essex. but spent time in glasgow with family many years ago, have fond memories of the
Gallowgate Malvern Place, Comelypark Street/Place? People George Livingstone, Jean Sweeney among others
lindamac
QUOTE (MaryC @ 15th Jul 2011, 10:29am) *
Haven't been on this board for ages. No computer.....but back on line now. Came from Possilpark moved to Springburn... lived with my granny for a long time. Now in England. Great to be back and reading the post.

Welcome MaryC Iam an ex Springburnian now living in Australias Queensland, however much I love QLD I still have many happy memorys of my growing up in Springburn.I loved & still do love the fact I have family still living in springburn .Iam quite proud to have been born n brought up in Galloway st springburn untill I married & moved to Alexandra parade, be sure tae expect laughs tears and a lotta awesome folks across the world on these GG boards.regards Lindamac x Heres a a couple of wee pictures of my auld primary school Elmvale[taken by other school atendees from a Springburn website I use]witt a mess it is today & I hear it is still here at moment,I went to see it 3yrs ago when I was hame for a holiday but forgot my camera.

Click to view attachment
lindamac
QUOTE (Mharia @ 17th Jul 2011, 08:50pm) *
Good day to you all.
Seen as Im a new member to this .and want to get to know you all.I can give you a wee bit of myself
(history).
My mother was staying in Maryhill when she had me in the rottenrow. glasgow living at .Kirkland st. were the fathers family was everywhere ,I also remember ,in amounst the salvation army and other down trodden places for a mother and bairns to go.when there is no money or man.apart from a drunking father that is messing about all over Scotland and drinking the wages away.and battering my mother as well as us bairns.He left when I was 1 year old.We some how got a place in Balornock.were I went to st.marthas.primary.later to attend st roches.though in between I was sent to the residential schools.and many foster homes.most of my childhood is of no great tails other than cruelty to most of the children in the scheme.The family .teachers and many other systems was not just cruel to the children but damn right abusive.every body ignored the pleas and crys for help.ignoring the signs.This I never understoodeven the bloody health system was just as bad.
And as for the board well.goes without say.After reading all your responses and shared tails.you have said it all.im sure I could add more but hey why make it all sound even more to good to be true,
for entertaining our selves.we played in the Red rd flats.running around on the railway lines.across to Germinson.were you got your head bashed in if caught..We would all be living on the edge of danger(why) as if that was normal.we spent also most of our time pinching anything we could,veg,friut from Forest Hall hospital.and know in taking it home would mean a battering.atleast we got to eat some thing.as food was scarce from no wages coming in.we were clothed from the Board(uniforms).and examinations before attending the residential school.Maybole was one if many.
The gangs and fights from one scheme to an other.and Catholics and Prodisants was terribile.yet in the summer times we all hadto share the same school for school dinners,even then you can imagine the hunger being the pull to a place you know the risk of having your dinner ticket taken or even battered .again no adults turned an eye.
I could go on and on here but im beinging to feel the injustice to us bairns of yester years.so I will stop for now.
I hope you may see/understand me story,maybe you were there.so my dear kin.I look forward in hearing from you.
oh you can ask me anything you want be happy to share,
again thanks for this site and hopefully a new family

Click to view attachmentG day Mharia as a wee lassie being brought up in springburn[live in Australia now] I understand much of what you have had to say and lived a very simular lifestyle to your own so know there a a lot of us on here that can share with ye simular stories of our sometimes tragic past ,yet hauf the times we forgot aboot thum when at play midgee rakin[ocht the joy of a lucky midden lasted fer days lols laugh.gif ] or away oot in some fields looking fer newts n frogs oan the way tae the Dinney school oan the hoat summer holidays,whitever hardships oor wee lives had we always knew many ithers had lives simular tae oorselves & we awe supported each ither through thick n thin and yes despite the sometimes crazy conflicts between the 2 religions I can say Iam blessed tae have gotten oan with maist of the catholic neebors as we trotted tae the dinney but completely changed story during school term madness it was realy Iam not a fan of religion and believe in non denominational thinking and living to each their ain I always find,but nowt tae stoap us being pals despite wur differences eh.Enjoy the boards they have been awesome tae me for a few yrs now love the people and the topics.regards & welcome Mharai from Lindamac xx
norrie smith
Hi my name is norrie smith i am now living in perth western australia, i am originally from easterhouse, and whent to cranhill sec school till 1971, i would like to hear from any one who remembers me.

Hi my name is norrie smith i am now living in perth western australia, i am originally from easterhouse, and whent to cranhill sec school till 1971, i would like to hear from any one who remembers me.
Jupiter
Hi Norrie and welcome to the boards.My only connection with Cranhill School is that 40 years ago I helped my brother fix the filters in the swimming pool.Great pool it was too!Hope you get some joy with your post.
Cheers
Joop
in
sunny
Freo
rolleyes.gif
beth
Wish I was in Freo with you, I love it. Have you seen the memorial to the Forgotten Children next to the Maritime Museum?
Mharia, sorry you have such sad and seemingly bitter memories. Loads of us had tough times, but we just got on with life and made sure it did not carry on to our children. No matter what, my memories of home are fond
BAMBIx
Hiya i`m a newbie, and from Possilpark, looking to find out if anyone else from possil is here
GG
Hi Bambix, a very warm welcome to the boards and I hope that you enjoy yourself. There's a popular Possilpark topic in the 'Glasgow Memories' area, here:

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7943

GG.
allyfan
maryhill
littletoots
hi there i lived in 17 stonyhurst st and 72 i think from about 1974,to 1989 i went to westercommon primary and saracen then finlly to hawthorn primary i also attended possil secondary until 89. my wee gran lived in byshot st till it was getting pulled down she was there for 26yrs, i remember some of her neighbours annie harkins/ mrs mellon and the blairs there was also a man upstairs that played the guitar . i remember ma wee granny giving us old clothes to give tae the rag and bone man for ballons and sweets. also we had the candy apple man who sold mussells amd wiks. i remember the big stones that we climbed on for hours and the pokey van, have alot of great memories from there.
irrie
QUOTE (allyfan @ 20th Jul 2011, 11:57pm) *
maryhill

Whereaboots?. Welcome all new posters. Cheers
allyfan
the old gaswork houses
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.