Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donald Trump
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
taurus
we saw that today,it just seemed like a lot of character assasssinating to me,not much in the way of convincing the Yanks which would be the best president. And watching him at his rally walking on the stage ,doing a sort of rumba sashay,I could only think JFK would never have done that,or even felt the need to.He had dignity,Trump has yet to learn that,but ,too late.
Dykejumper
Polls suggest Bilden will win easily but our Bookies still give Trump a 35% chance of being re-elected..
sumac
Poor USA. What chance have they got? A crazy megalomaniac or a near senile limp biscuit?
TeeHeeHee
Someetimes I think it's the men behind the president; Chenney for example, that pull the strings but with Trump they either toe his line or get the boot.
It'll be interesting, if nothing else, to see how this election pans out.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (sumac @ 23rd Oct 2020, 02:59pm) *
Poor USA. What chance have they got? A crazy megalomaniac or a near senile limp biscuit?

England aren't much better. wink.gif
sumac
I saw that some people, including the Man Himself, have already voted. What’s that about? The elections aren’t for, what, another 10 days?
taurus
wonder who he voted for mellow.gif
wombat
QUOTE (taurus @ 25th Oct 2020, 09:13pm) *
wonder who he voted for mellow.gif

wacko.gif himself laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
I just watched a video with Trump spouting his dross about the media focus on Covid.
"Covid, covid, covid, covid covid; that's all they can talk about. An aircraft crashes with 500 passengers. Not a word. Just covid, covid. covid, covid, covid".

So Mr President, tell us about the aircraft crash with 500 passengers that nobody reported! unsure.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 27th Oct 2020, 10:33pm) *
I just watched a video with Trump spouting his dross about the media focus on Covid.
"Covid, covid, covid, covid covid; that's all they can talk about. An aircraft crashes with 500 passengers. Not a word. Just covid, covid. covid, covid, covid".

So Mr President, tell us about the aircraft crash with 500 passengers that nobody reported! unsure.gif

He's a nutter but the people get what they vote for , just as in UK.
wombat
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 27th Oct 2020, 10:39pm) *
He's a nutter but the people get what they vote for , just as in UK.

tongue.gif https://www.facebook.com/104117508042217/vi...76927019808161/
TeeHeeHee
Is this guy real?

When in doubt choose Covid

(his advice to doctors)

Trump is now preaching to his sheep that doctors getr $2000 more when a patient dies of Covid

https://www.msnbc.com/ayman-mohyeldin/watch...sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
TeeHeeHee
"God chose him and that's why he's President now".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUg66C49n1U...nel=TheGuardian
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 31st Oct 2020, 02:15pm) *

Another nail in the coffin of religion?
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 31st Oct 2020, 02:25pm) *
Another nail in the coffin of religion?
In about another 5,000 years religion(s) may be referred to as myths in much the same sense as the ancient cultures with their many and varied Gods.
Untill then ... don't hold your breath rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 31st Oct 2020, 04:06pm) *
In about another 5,000 years religion(s) may be referred to as myths

I thought they were myths THH? yes.gif

They'll probably be worshiping Harry Potter in the future. laugh.gif
wombat
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 31st Oct 2020, 04:24pm) *
I thought they were myths THH? yes.gif

They'll probably be worshiping Harry Potter in the future. laugh.gif

tongue.gif instead of potty harry tongue.gif
sumac
I can’t believe he said those things! Surely his followers must now be asking themselves if they should maybe be disassociating themselves from him?!!!
TeeHeeHee
When his followers include gun-totting prachers?
You might have another think coming.
wombat
https://www.facebook.com/watch tongue.gif
wombat
tongue.gif https://www.facebook.com/watch/SpittingImage/ thumbup.gif
TeeHeeHee
An eveen bigger laugh, Wom, ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3azPC4XCY...el=GuardianNews

Trump claimss to have won ... but ...
ashfield
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 4th Nov 2020, 08:26am) *
An eveen bigger laugh, Wom, ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3azPC4XCY...el=GuardianNews

Trump claimss to have won ... but ...

You have to question his sanity, closely followed by half the voting population of the US it seems rolleyes.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (ashfield @ 4th Nov 2020, 11:00am) *
You have to question his sanity, closely followed by half the voting population of the US it seems rolleyes.gif

Question ? wacko.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (ashfield @ 4th Nov 2020, 10:00am) *

When `wom' should read `when' tongue.gif
But looking at the result. so far, with Biden having 264 against Trump's 214 it could be the `Royal Order of The Boot' for the Donald: or in his own famous words "Your Fired"

Full results from all 50 states in the US presidential election 2020

BIDEN 72,102,585 votes

TRUMP 68,637,070 votes

The sad thing is that so many Americans have still voted for the guy who has shown clearly that his real slogan is "Trump First"
He wont let this go, IMHO, and neither will the Republican Party.
My own opinion is that Screaming Lord Such should have appplied for American citizenship but I guess one Loony Party in the States is one Loony Party too much.

ashfield
I can just about cope with the media coverage of UK elections, really just about unsure.gif

The wall to wall coverage of the US election had me bored rigid, I was seriously looking for wet paint to watch it dry yes.gif Don't get me wrong, I'm interesting in what's going on but the repetitive stuff, opinions from uninformed talking heads and (finally) the appearance of Farage was the final straw.

The US electorate (like the UK equivalent) will get what they deserve. huh.gif
sumac
I ditto your feelings on the US elections. Every station that we watch had a lengthy piece on them last night. And this will go on for ages, with Trump challenging the electoral system (fraudulent?!!!). God help the world. This man is so stupid, he’s dangerous.
taurus
yesterday we had it on for a lot of hours,the panel have verbal diahorrea,saying the same things over and over and trying to make it sound new. Our ex PM,(one who got booted last year ) was asked for an opinion. he droned on and on,,and his first words were "It`s too early to call".that should have been it,one sentence,but no ,typical pollie,love the sound of their own voice. But Trump getting up ,bringing on his family,and the VP,and declaring a win,I have never seen anyone doing that while the votes were still coming in. that sums him up,although Biden gets up in front of a crowd and introduces his lovely son (his words) and calls him his dead son`s name. he`s a big worry. one of our ex pollies a woman summed it up. she said both men would have to sit a test to get a drivers licence,they`re so old.
DannyH
Yes Taurus, I cannot understand why elderly people are considered to be capable of being the President of the United States of America.
sumac
I really like Barack Obama and cannot understand a constitution that says a great president can only do 2 terms in office. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. He is & was a great statesman, always very private and professional. Not like Trump who lives his “life” in the public eye, showboating, insulting everybody and making things up if the situation doesn’t suit him. Or Biden who is wired to the moon.

Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be younger people with the money to run for president at the moment.
Scots Kiwi Lass
I agree with you wholeheartedly about Barack Obama. He is a fine man and I think an amazing President.

What I can't understand is how can a country with a population of around 350 million only come up with Biden and Trump running for President? Admittedly, I know nothing about American politics and I can only guess that no-one else wants the job.
sumac
Poor Trumpy Pumpy seems to be losing the election. Aw, poor diddums! Now, he’ll have to wait to see if his lawsuits for fraud against “the people” will be successful. Hopefully, the Supreme Court will tell him to Foxtrot Oscar, which is what they should have done all along.
wombat
tongue.gif
wombat
tongue.gif
wombat
tongue.gif
taurus
that cartoon sums him up to a T, hes so petty,a big baby in every way ,the way he talks and looks.. Only a mother could love him,I suppose that`s debatable,she`s gone now and we`ll never know.I would like to bet he and his trophy wife don`t break bread together ever. I feel so sorry for the ordinary Americans,(there must be some ),for what`s to come if Biden gets in,what Trump will stir up,and then this doddering old Biden in the big job.My granddaughter married to an American and lives in America,can`t wait to get sold up and back here to Oz,The lesser of 2 evils at present.At least our PM looks and sounds like a real man when he addresses the nation.
TeeHeeHee
I hear Trump has his back to the wall ... his WALL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4U3jw0jx88...wwithTrevorNoah
JAGZ1876
Hail to the chief wink.gif

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18855117....-united-states/
wellfield
Ah'...not to worry!...Old Joe's hiring Trump on the sly to bail him out...and the rest of the 70 million of us are going to give Kamala a wee haun'
ashfield
Best laugh of the week, headlines in the Ayrshire Daily News.

South Ayrshire Golf club owner loses 2020 presidential election laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
Wellfield, I can't for the life of me understand why people like yourself can't see through Truump. He was only ever interested in himself and his family business; even going as far as to appoint his daughter and her spouse as his Special Advisers and firing any and every one whose advice differed.
We saw him pushing his self-important self to the front among international leaders in his big-insecure-boy brash attempts at upstageing himself like some baw heid wi' nothing else but a big mouth to carry him through: reemember when he pushed himself in front of the Queen, a wee wumin hauf his size wi' maer culture at the tip of her wee finger than the whole of the Trump family combined.
He called those in uniform who died in action as losers; unlike himself who managed to managed to win a get-out card on account of his bone-spurs which didn't seem to give him ant trouble during his stint in Military Academy.
He appealed to the vets by buying them off: money talks.
He appealed to gun-toting preachers in red-neck states.
He lied more than Tam Pepper who got thrown out of Hell for tellin' porky pies.
In short, he made a laughing stock ouut of America, it's democracy and it's people; which includes your good self.
An ignorant blaw-hard now joins the Club of One-Termers.
His next photo-opp will bring further shame to his supporters (shame enough) by being so childishly churlish as to refuse to concedee with a modicum of grace: but we all know that garce was never an attribute of the President who divided America.
Good ridance tae bad rubbish, as we used to say back home.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Nov 2020, 09:56am) *

laugh.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Nov 2020, 08:56am) *

Love it, thats up there with the headline in an Aberdeen newspaper the day after the Titanic sank, "North East man lost at sea". laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
So's this ...

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
sumac
🤣🤣🤣

Am I the only Ayrshire resident who hasn’t heard of or seen the Ayrshire Daily News?!!! We have lived in Ayrshire for almost 40 years and I taught in Ayrshire for nearly 25 of those years. Never heard of the ADN.
TeeHeeHee
You must bee tongue.gif

https://www.ayrshiredailynews.co.uk/
sumac
Oh my! Well, there you go. Where do you get this? Can you buy it or is it just online, do you know?

I must ask my friends about that publication.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (sumac @ 8th Nov 2020, 02:29pm) *
Oh my! Well, there you go. Where do you get this? Can you buy it or is it just online, do you know?

I must ask my friends about that publication.

Here you go Sumac.

https://www.ayrshiredailynews.co.uk/
sumac
Thanks, guys. I can’t believe I have never heard of this publication. But can you buy it in the newsagents? I’m a hard copy type of gal!

👩🏫
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.