Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donald Trump
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Dave Grieve
I told him that he wouldn't believe how many people, a lot of whom would be comfortable in white pointy hoods, atill want him in for a second term.

Would it surprise you Tommi to learn each and every Grand Wizard of the KKK up to David Dukes was a member of the Democratic Party.
That all the good ol boy Democratic Party governors of the American racist south were all KKK members.
There's one thing mealy mouth liberals are good at and thats changing the narrative when it makes them look bad..
I used to believe all that propaganda until having the time to look into for myself.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (ashfield @ 22nd Aug 2020, 07:39am) *
Not much chance of a square go there then rolleyes.gif

Right, Ash. "You an' me ... ootside". might mean keepin' the Sun at yer back. laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2020, 08:21am) *
I told him that he wouldn't believe how many people, a lot of whom would be comfortable in white pointy hoods, atill want him in for a second term.

Would it surprise you Tommi to learn each and every Grand Wizard of the KKK up to David Dukes was a member of the Democratic Party.
That all the good ol boy Democratic Party governors of the American racist south were all KKK members.
There's one thing mealy mouth liberals are good at and thats changing the narrative when it makes them look bad..
I used to believe all that propaganda until having the time to look into for myself.

Your reference to David Dukes may have been slighly in error: perhaps your reference was to the far right White Supremacist David Duke whose political flavour of the month is Republican.

Wiki has noted the following:
Republican (1989-1999: 2016- present).
Other Political afiliations: Democrat (1975-1988)
Populist (1988-1989)
American Nazi: (before 1975)
... so, at present, he wears his Republican hat as well as his white pointy hat.

Me too Dave, but I don't just stop at the bits that I like. That would be like just what Trump's supporters say about him and not the people who grew up with him.
In the RAF we were frequently reminded not to forget The Three Bees: Nonsense Baffles Brains. biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 22nd Aug 2020, 09:20am) *
... In the RAF we were frequently reminded not to forget The Three Bees: Nonsense Baffles Brains.

Automatic Censor strikes again rolleyes.gif
3Bs; not to be confused ith Freebies, refered to Bovine-ecrement Baffles Braons biggrin.gif

But the thing about picking out the snippets of information that pass to ones agenda is also typical of how Trump (note David Duke went back to being a Republican in 2016 when Trump ran for the White House cool.gif ) feeds his followers with throwaways like I heard ... I'm not a doctor but ... and I don't know him personna: never met him, but he said; and he should know ... and there you have it straight from the ass's mouth and our President should know, right? and he wouldn't throw the Three Bees at us now, would he?
And for the supporters fallacy becomes fact; what we termed in the RAF true lies.
On our squadron on Bomber Command we had a, very unofficial, Rumour Control which only allowed the better romours; with more chance of wide circulation, to pass muster laugh.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 22nd Aug 2020, 01:17pm) *
And for the supporters fallacy becomes fact; what we termed in the RAF true lies.
On our squadron on Bomber Command we had a, very unofficial, Rumour Control which only allowed the better romours; with more chance of wide circulation, to pass muster laugh.gif

Tomi, we used to play a game at work, which was an organisation with lots of employees and multiple offices (but you knew that because you once visited my workplace tongue.gif ) The game involved starting a fictitious rumour and the winner was the one whose "rumour" got retold back to us as fact. You would not be surprised how often and how quickly it happened cool.gif
sumac
That video was most enlightening, THH. It’s quite scary how people’s opinions differ from your own. I just think people who want to carry guns are idiots, but I know they think the same about people like me who hate guns. Each to his own, but let’s leave the gun-carrying lobbyists in the US. Please!
Dave Grieve

Me too Dave, but I don't just stop at the bits that I like.

Dukes or Duke I should have known better as my wife's maiden name is Duke.
An easy enough mistake to make as I didn't rush of to Wikipedia looking for information before I posted.
Glad to see we both agree he was a Democrat at the time he led the KKK, only becoming a Republican eight to nine years after leaving the Klan. His subsequent jumping around politically I would suggest proves he is only in it for himself.
As for the patronising remark that I only look for snippets that suit my agenda That is beneath you Tomi.
I have been looking into both party histories and policies long before Trump came on the scene.
My interest was sparked by a book I read on the causes of the Civil War.
Historically The Democrats have always been the party of slavery and racists.
In the past it was overt and in your face today its hidden in the patronising know better attitude of the typical mealy mouthed liberal who says one thing in public and practices the opposite in private.
They know the great days of Democratic stalwarts like George Wallace and David DUKE are over.
Better to keep racism hidden and discreet and whenever possible blame it on the Republican's.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2020, 01:30pm) *
... As for the patronising remark that I only look for snippets that suit my agenda That is beneath you Tomi.

Glad you recognised that something of that ilk would be beneath me, Dave: I like to leave that kind of thing to my friend the good Prof. Dr. Dr. Tee von HeeHee biggrin.gif

However, if you went back to that post again and reread that piece I'm sure you'd see that that reference was to Trump the Rump: and I'm not beneath making any form of remarks, patronising or otherwise, as far as he's concerned. wink.gif

The Democrats have always been the party of slavery and racists
.They must have given a lot of thought then to puting Obama into The White House and now having a Black woman who could one day become Mrs President if old Joe's shelf-life expires.
Politicians! Who can trust them, eh? tongue.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 22nd Aug 2020, 05:01pm) *
Glad you recognised that something of that ilk would be beneath me, Dave: I like to leave that kind of thing to my friend the good Prof. Dr. Dr. Tee von HeeHee biggrin.gif

However, if you went back to that post again and reread that piece I'm sure you'd see that that reference was to Trump the Rump: and I'm not beneath making any form of remarks, patronising or otherwise, as far as he's concerned. wink.gif

.They must have given a lot of thought then to puting Obama into The White House and now having a Black woman who could one day become Mrs President if old Joe's shelf-life expires.
Politicians! Who can trust them, eh? tongue.gif

Well said, Tomi !
Dave Grieve
They must have given a lot of thought then to puting Obama into The White House and now having a Black woman who could one day become Mrs President
Politicians! Who can trust them, eh? :

You hit the nail on the head Tomi. The mealy mouthed liberals who control the Democrats know that without the Black vote there is no chance of winning.
What better way of drawing in the Black vote than encouraging racial tensions in the country and putting a Black candidate forward.

ashfield
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2020, 06:11pm) *
They must have given a lot of thought then to puting Obama into The White House and now having a Black woman who could one day become Mrs President

You hit the nail on the head Tomi. The mealy mouthed liberals who control the Democrats know that without the Black vote there is no chance of winning.
What better way of drawing in the Black vote than encouraging racial tensions in the country and putting a Black candidate forward.

What a "wizard wheeze" (pun intended) getting Obama into the White House, the trick worked so well they were able to pull it off again by him getting a second term. Now, if politics was more like the old cowboy films, with the goodies wearing white hats and the baddies wearing black ones. It would make the whole thing easier for us numpties to know who to trust rolleyes.gif

As I've said before, I started this thread because of the kind of guy Trump is as a member of the human race. He may not be the nastiest, most dangerous, most untrustworthy chap on the planet, but he us certainly up there with the best (or worst) of them.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2020, 06:11pm) *

On the other hand we have the big-mouthed Trump who let himself be photographed outside a church holding The Bible up in the air (after having cleared the street of black protesters) and claimed that The Bible was his 2nd favourite book (after his own autobiography more than likely) in order to show his Presbiterian followers that they are backing the right horse.
When asked in an interview to say what his favourite part of The Bible was, or his favourite verse, he refused point blank to answer other than to say "I don't want to get into that."

Try this for size, Donald. John, chapter 11, verse 35.

Politicians! Who can trust them, eh?
ashfield
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 23rd Aug 2020, 04:23pm) *
On the other hand we have the big-mouthed Trump who let himself be photographed outside a church holding The Bible up in the air (after having cleared the street of black protesters) and claimed that The Bible was his 2nd favourite book (after his own autobiography more than likely) in order to show his Presbiterian followers that they are backing the right horse.
When asked in an interview to say what his favourite part of The Bible was, or his favourite verse, he refused point blank to answer other than to say "I don't want to get into that."

Try this for size, Donald. John, chapter 11, verse 35.

Politicians! Who can trust them, eh?

Tomi, if you were a politician I would vote for you. Just for the record, do you wear a white or black hat laugh.gif
Dave Grieve
Doing well Tomi until you overplayed the race card. Have a look at the videos again, the majority of demonstrators are White.
Not to say its acceptable but don't exaggerate to make the offence more offensive..
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 23rd Aug 2020, 07:00pm) *
Doing well Tomi until you overplayed the race card. Have a look at the videos again, the majority of demonstrators are White.
Not to say its acceptable but don't exaggerate to make the offence more offensive..

Dave, are you really a Trump fan ?
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 23rd Aug 2020, 06:00pm) *

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dave, but if my memory serves me well the protestors were there in prptest about the unlawful killing of George Floyd. These were black protestors who had white support. Had I been there I would have stood with them.
I'm not a mealy mouthed liberal nor am I right wing. I'm not even middle-of-the-road but I know when a joke's a joke and when enuff's anuff.
Donald J Trump is to politics what a snake-oil seller is to medics.
He'd have sold his immigrant mother for the deposit on his Scottish golf course if he had to: which BTW is getting him a 1 million tax refund because of the covid-19 financial aid program.
TeeHeeHee
Sarah Cooper lip syncs Trump biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omTd0bvQT_M
sumac
🤩
Dave Grieve
Firstly
I am no Trump supporter for the sake of it.
I know he can be a clown, a buffoon who talks a lot without thinking.
For whats hes done for the American economy and the increase in Black employment in the past four years I wish to god he would take over here and get SA back to work.

Secondly
I would never stand in support of BLM a proven racist organisation that is the equall of the Apartheid government in its attitude towards race.

Thirdly
There have been thousands upon thousands of good people in this country butchered, tortured maimed and murdered by people just like George Floyd.
These people were of all races Black, White, coloured, Indian, Chinese you name it, all dead murdered by people like George Floyd. Americans, Scots, Brazilians. Germans countless more nationalities all killed by people like Floyd.

If any anybody on the board commented on the Genocide going on in this country I've missed it, Babys murdered in microwave ovens, Kids drowned in baths of boiling water.
Farmers and their wifes of all colours their eyes gouged out, breasts and limbs hacked off.
and im supposed to kneel for that waste of oxygen.
Never.
bilbo.s
Any Trump supporter, for whatever reason, is as insane as he is. End of story! Goodbye, Dave.
wombat
rolleyes.gif jeez dave, dont hold back. rolleyes.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 24th Aug 2020, 07:50pm) *
Firstly
I am no Trump supporter for the sake of it.
I know he can be a clown, a buffoon who talks a lot without thinking.
For whats hes done for the American economy and the increase in Black employment in the past four years I wish to god he would take over here and get SA back to work.

Secondly
I would never stand in support of BLM a proven racist organisation that is the equall of the Apartheid government in its attitude towards race.

Thirdly
There have been thousands upon thousands of good people in this country butchered, tortured maimed and murdered by people just like George Floyd.
These people were of all races Black, White, coloured, Indian, Chinese you name it, all dead murdered by people like George Floyd. Americans, Scots, Brazilians. Germans countless more nationalities all killed by people like Floyd.

If any anybody on the board commented on the Genocide going on in this country I've missed it, Babys murdered in microwave ovens, Kids drowned in baths of boiling water.
Farmers and their wifes of all colours their eyes gouged out, breasts and limbs hacked off.
and im supposed to kneel for that waste of oxygen.
Never.

Dave, I have no idea what you mean by"people like Floyd". Perhaps you should read this;

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/geor...riminal-record/

zascot
If Trump took over in South Africa I would be the first one out of here. The man is an idiot who thinks he is God's gift to America. We have many business contacts and licence agreements in the states and he is not doing well in the popularity stakes.
Never thought I would admit this but on this one I agree with Bilbo.😁
sumac
Just looked at Snopes. I can hardly believe that the world is Taking The Knee for BLM - started by Floyd’s murder. And now The Proms is dropping singing of Land of Hope and Glory! I know that’s a different post but I’m becoming incensed with things I have no control over. 🤯
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (zascot @ 25th Aug 2020, 10:26am) *
If Trump took over in South Africa I would be the first one out of here. The man is an idiot who thinks he is God's gift to America. We have many business contacts and licence agreements in the states and he is not doing well in the popularity stakes.
Never thought I would admit this but on this one I agree with Bilbo.😁

So you prefer Ramaphosa or Zuma?
Leaders of a political party that has done nothing for its core Black supporters for the past 25 years.
A party that has plundered the government coffers and ruined the economy.
A party that has mismanaged the evonomy that our exchange rate has slid from R6 to the to close to R24 to the

Are you seriously saying Trump would be worse than them?
Time you reassessed your commitment to this country and its people if your happy with the status quo
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (ashfield @ 25th Aug 2020, 10:08am) *
Dave, I have no idea what you mean by"people like Floyd". Perhaps you should read this;

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/geor...riminal-record/

Have you read his criminal record?
Thats what I mean by people like Floyd. Career crimunals who dont care about anybody but themselves.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 24th Aug 2020, 06:50pm) *
... butchered, tortured maimed and murdered by people just like George Floyd.

... and I suppose Jacob Blake; shot seven times in the back getting into his car by armed policemen on Sunday early evening, was also a butcher like Geiorge Floyd.

Dave you really should preview your posts before letting them go: and not for typos as I have to do.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 25th Aug 2020, 05:42pm) *
... and I suppose Jacob Blake; shot seven times in the back getting into his car by armed policemen on Sunday early evening, was also a butcher like Geiorge Floyd.

Dave you really should preview your posts before letting them go: and not for typos as I have to do.

One man and I can't comment as I don't know what happened.
His death pales compared to the THOUSANDS that have died by career criminals in this country since 1994.
But they don't matter to BLM do they? A Black kills a Black its not a crime in their eyes is it? A black killing any other colour of person its nothing to be concerned about is it? There no need to riot in the streets or burn down city's for that small offence.

Let a White kill a Black though all hell let's loose led by BLM and their gullible followers.
As for checking my posts I suggest you accept them for what they are.
My observations on the madness that has overtaken the world, because I will continue to call it as I see it.
bilbo.s
Madness has indeed taken over the world and we don't have far to look for the cause !
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 25th Aug 2020, 07:17pm) *
One man and I can't comment as I don't know what happened.
His death pales compared to the THOUSANDS that have died by career criminals in this country since 1994.

What about the thousands of black deaths which eventually led to the foundation of the ANC, Spear Of The Nation, SANDF etc.?
It wassn't all that long ago when tyou could still by liquarice "Black Hand" sweeties in Belgium: and if you don't know what that was about you should educate yourself on that.
Now that the tables of white colonialism are turning the cry is "OMG, the nativeess are revolting!"

Let a White kill a Black though all hell let's loose led by BLM and their gullible followers.

Black lives have never mattered and you know that: remember BOSS?

Theere was a joke about the white guy who tore into two blacks crossing the road he was driving down.
One guy went over the roof of the car and landed 20 meters up the road and the other went straight through the windscreen.
BOSS arrives on the scene and comfort the poor driver.
"Don't worry sir, well get this one for breaking and entry and that one for leaving the scene of a crime."

For centuries black lives have never mattered. Now the shoe's on the other foot.

Jacb Blake btw was the victim of a police shooting on Sunday last. Police were called out to a domestic incident and fgollowed the guy back to his car in which his kids sat. They followed with guns drawn and pointed. Jacob Blake was placing himself behind the drivers seat of the car in which his kids waited for him and the peace officers put seven bullets into his back before he could sit down on the driver's seat. Would white police officers have shot an unarmed white man entering his car where his kids waited following a domestic inciddent report?
zascot
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 25th Aug 2020, 09:08am) *
So you prefer Ramaphosa or Zuma?
Leaders of a political party that has done nothing for its core Black supporters for the past 25 years.
A party that has plundered the government coffers and ruined the economy.
A party that has mismanaged the evonomy that our exchange rate has slid from R6 to the to close to R24 to the

Are you seriously saying Trump would be worse than them?
Time you reassessed your commitment to this country and its people if your happy with the status quo

You seem to be good at making assumptions, I made a statement re Trump and you rant and rave about killing etc , by the way you say that all the people were killed by people like Floyd just how many did Floyd kill or is that just another so called fact pulled from the air?
Don`t tell me it is time to reassess my commitment to my country when you have absolutely no clue what I am involved in.
Dave Grieve
Watched the video of the guy being shot. Terrible should never have happened.
However from my perspective its nothing I don't see on a monthly basis here.
Normally it is only a Facebook post put up by family or friends and if it does reach the media its a short lived story

Are you a closet Racist Tomi?
Thats three times times now you have repeated the accident joke.
only a racist would remember and repeat it ad-nauseum.
Im beginning to wonder about you.

Your the one that needs educating, there was never thousands of Black deaths before the founding of the ANC in 1912 who were founded to negotiate with the then rulers of SA (your people Tomi, White British) for 50 years your people kept putting them of with bread and jam tomorrow.
Problem was. as you know with your people, tomorrow never comes.

I looked into your wildly fabricated death figures and discovered these shocking figures.
From the start of apartied in 1948 until it ended in 1994 a period of 48 years there was 52,200 murders recorded which incuded over 21000 attributed to the SA security forces.
This works out at 3 murders per day over 48 years.

I then looked at the figures from 1994 until 2017 (23 years)
485,000 murders have been committed. This works out at a staggering 58 murders per day. (official police figures)
Not a shock to me as I see these stories everyday in the local news.

To finish up, apologies to youTomi . I know your no racist but you really must stop telling the same joke over and over again to try and prove your point.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 26th Aug 2020, 01:20pm) *
Are you a closet Racist Tomi?
Thats three times times now you have repeated the accident joke.
only a racist would remember and repeat it ad-nauseum.
Im beginning to wonder about you.

Ok, new closet racist joke coming up (see how often I'll have to repeat this one before the penny drops:

Diplomat Hotel, Linkoeping, Sweden; me and my mate at that time in the 80's; Leroy Van Henri, black as the ace of spades, beeen up in the gym upstairsd and come down for a beer. Van asks me if I feel like going back up to use the sauna. I agree, good idea, so Van goes to reception to get the key.
Comes back without the key as the receptionist says the key to the sauna is only given out if you book the solarium (sun bank).
We go back topgether and he asks again and the girl says how sorry she is but that's the rule.
Van rolls up his sleeves to show her his black arms (in case she hasn't noticed) and asks if it looks to her as if he needs the solarium.
Girl gets a riddie. wub.gif but still doesn't know what to do cos rules are rules.
Van settles the problem by suggesting that she books the solarium out to this wee white guy along side him who definitely looks loke he could do with a bit of colour.
And off we went to the sauna laugh.gif
Naw, Dave, it's no' oaf'en yer richt bit yer wrang agaen ... as they say ... I'm not a closet racist ...
Jeezis, Ah'm livin' wae a half-cast Swiss German ffs laugh.gif
Dave Grieve
Zascot nowhere in my reply to you do I talk about killings and if you had read previous posts I had answered he was a career criminal, not just a career criminal but one with convictions for violence
Now to the gist of my original reply to you that you chose to ignore.
Would you seriously put Ramaphosa, Zuma, Ace Magashule or any of the other ANC cadres in front of Trump in this country?
zascot
[quote name='Dave Grieve' date='24th Aug 2020,
Thirdly

[/quote]
Your words not mine. Again, How many people has Floyd killed?

As to Trump I stick by my statement. I could mention many who would be better than our lot but not that idiot. As you know I travelled the world on business and believe me many places are a lot worse than here.
ashfield
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 26th Aug 2020, 07:33pm) *
Zascot nowhere in my reply to you do I talk about killings and if you had read previous posts I had answered he was a career criminal, not just a career criminal but one with convictions for violence
Now to the gist of my original reply to you that you chose to ignore.
Would you seriously put Ramaphosa, Zuma, Ace Magashule or any of the other ANC cadres in front of Trump in this country?

Dave, if you had read the whole of the story in the link I posted to Snopes, rather than just looking at Floyd's criminal record, it paints rather a different picture of the man. Sure, he had multiple convictions but only one mention violence and there was significant doubt about that.

I can't talk about the situation in SA, and I understand that some folk will see the BLM movement as an anathema, but as things stand they get my support. That's not to say it's unconditional, I'm not foolish enough to think that some won't use it to their advantage but at this stage it works for the greater good.
Dave Grieve
Sorry ladies and gents but there are things going on in my families life at the moment that are more important to me than contributing here.
Perhaps in a few weeks.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 27th Aug 2020, 02:33pm) *
Sorry ladies and gents but there are things going on in my families life at the moment that are more important to me than contributing here.
Perhaps in a few weeks.

Take all the time you need! Family comes first.
zascot
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 27th Aug 2020, 01:33pm) *
Perhaps in a few weeks.

Hope you get it all sorted.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 27th Aug 2020, 01:33pm) *
Perhaps in a few weeks.
You havr your priority right, Dave, hope everything works out.
sumac
Dave, I hope all is well. We will miss you but you need to do what you need to do. God bless.
Susanne x
Dykejumper
Trump is closing the gap helped no doubt by his enemies CNN ,BLM and Riot Kitchen who will scare
hesitant republicans back into the fold.The future for the US is grim,if Trump wins the protests will
continue.If Biden wins he will never be able to satisfy the demands of BLM,conspiracy merchants
predict he will retire after a year or so on health grounds leaving America with a female Black President.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 28th Aug 2020, 02:33pm) *
Trump is closing the gap helped no doubt by his enemies CNN ,BLM and Riot Kitchen who will scare
hesitant republicans back into the fold.The future for the US is grim,if Trump wins the protests will
continue.If Biden wins he will never be able to satisfy the demands of BLM,conspiracy merchants
predict he will retire after a year or so on health grounds leaving America with a female Black President.

Thank you for your contribution, full of your usual insight.
wombat
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Aug 2020, 10:31am) *
Don't tell me Clyde has dementia too? Santa hat in August. laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif how about september with out the hat JAGZ?
TeeHeeHee
Click to view attachment
sumac
And still the man has a great following.
taurus
I can`t believe he said that about the cemetery,and he`s denied it. I think was just mischief making ,(Chinese whispers) unless someone has it on tape. As soon as I heard Biden had chosen a not white running mate,I thought right away his chances were doomed. So many influential people objected to Obama,and wouldnt tolerate a female version of the same race. That`s my complete knowledge of politics in one sentence.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (wombat @ 5th Sep 2020, 12:11am) *
rolleyes.gif how about september with out the hat JAGZ?

Santa's a Jakey. 🎅 laugh.gif
Scots Kiwi Lass
Now Trump the Chump has been nominated for a Peace Prize! Good grief. We will never hear the end of his sickening, nonsensical bragging.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.