Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donald Trump
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
wombat
laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
A real slap in the face for Donald Trump ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/ju...el-bowser-trump
carmella
He is a very stupid and dangerous President!
bilbo.s
QUOTE (carmella @ 6th Jun 2020, 07:59pm) *
He is a very stupid and dangerous President!

Beyond stupid ! The man is insane.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 6th Jun 2020, 07:56pm) *
Beyond stupid ! The man is insane.

An insane megalomaniac and woyld be dictator.
The problem is that these people have an overwhelming survival instinct at great cost to innocent lives.
TeeHeeHee
C'mon Donald, let's play Hang-the-Man

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/fe...e-case-new-york

... some folks never change.
TeeHeeHee
For the man who refuses to show his business tax returns: a nice wee rebate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/ju...r-1m-tax-rebate
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 3rd Jun 2020, 01:57pm) *

Top US military general Mark Milley apologizes for Trump church photo-op

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/ju...church-photo-op
TeeHeeHee
Just can't wait to download this one onto my Kindle ... always providing The Trump Clan don't block it from going on sale in July ... my pre-order ihas been made.

Click to view attachment

In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric.

Mary Trump spent much of her childhood in her grandparents’ large, imposing house in the heart of Queens, New York, where Donald and his four siblings grew up. She describes a nightmare of traumas, destructive relationships, and a tragic combination of neglect and abuse. She explains how specific events and general family patterns created the damaged man who currently occupies the Oval Office, including the strange and harmful relationship between Fred Trump and his two oldest sons, Fred Jr. and Donald.

A firsthand witness to countless holiday meals and interactions, Mary brings an incisive wit and unexpected humor to sometimes grim, often confounding family events. She recounts in unsparing detail everything from her uncle Donald’s place in the family spotlight and Ivana’s penchant for regifting to her grandmother’s frequent injuries and illnesses and the appalling way Donald, Fred Trump’s favorite son, dismissed and derided him when he began to succumb to Alzheimer’s.

Numerous pundits, armchair psychologists, and journalists have sought to parse Donald J. Trump’s lethal flaws. Mary L. Trump has the education, insight, and intimate familiarity needed to reveal what makes Donald, and the rest of her clan, tick. She alone can recount this fascinating, unnerving saga, not just because of her insider’s perspective but also because she is the only Trump willing to tell the truth about one of the world’s most powerful and dysfunctional families.
TeeHeeHee
... the first lady and her parents thus used a visa process the Trump administration is “trying to repeal”, namely “chain migration”. What Trump branded “harmful” to US was “OK for his in-laws”. Just a year ago, he tweeted: “CHAIN MIGRATION must end now! Some people come in, and they bring their whole family with them, who can be truly evil. NOT ACCEPTABLE!”...

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/201.../melania-trump/
wombat
yes.gif
TeeHeeHee
The man nust have extra gaps in his teeth to let all his excessive lies pass through ...

Donald Trump was given a written briefing months ago about intelligence suggesting Russia offered bounties for attacks on US forces in Afghanistan, multiple US media have reported on Monday night. The president said on Sunday he was not told of the allegations because the information was not “credible”.

The New York Times quoted two sources as saying details were included in a daily intelligence briefing the president received in late February. CNN said an official with direct knowledge told them it was included in the briefing ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/ju...ns-intelligence
ashfield
It's astounding how he has managed to keep the support of many Americans, I don't want to insult them but are they really that stupid huh.gif Guess I just insulted some of them ohmy.gif
TeeHeeHee
Ash, I suppose it's the old "It;s My Party ... And I'll Cry If I Want to" syndrome.
Like being a Labour or Tory supporter all your life and following in daddy's footsteps.
I'm pretty sure there must be a lot of Republicans who are biting their tongues, or fingernaols, and rueing the day but they;ll still be dutybound to answer the call at the voting booths ... more fool them. wacko.gif
Dave Grieve
Could it be he has the support of many Americans because of the job he is doing for them?
Why should they care what the world thinks of Trump if they see an improvement in their circumstances compared to the Obama years.
wombat
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 30th Jun 2020, 01:46pm) *
The man nust have extra gaps in his teeth to let all his excessive lies pass through ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/ju...ns-intelligence

laugh.gif
would that be the same gap he lets all his excessive GAS pass through? clap.gif
bilbo.s
It's awright kiddin'n' swankin' about Trump, Johnson, Cummings et al , but these are the people in charge of our lives.
wombat
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 30th Jun 2020, 09:50pm) *
It's awright kiddin'n' swankin' about Trump, Johnson, Cummings et al , but these are the people in charge of our lives.

tongue.gif maybe we should have em "clipped" yes.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 30th Jun 2020, 09:16pm) *
Could it be he has the support of many Americans because of the job he is doing for them?
Why should they care what the world thinks of Trump if they see an improvement in their circumstances compared to the Obama years.

Yes, that could well be the answer. I would love to know how that is manifested, as in, how is life better with Trump in charge? These figures from earlier this year, before the pandemic influenced the numbers, don't seem to support that argument.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/st...s-been-steady-1
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 30th Jun 2020, 05:48pm) *
It's astounding how he has managed to keep the support of many Americans, I don't want to insult them but are they really that stupid huh.gif Guess I just insulted some of them ohmy.gif

Closer to home, it astounds me how Johnson manages to keep the support of many Scots Ash. sad.gif
DannyH
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Jul 2020, 11:02am) *
Closer to home, it astounds me how Johnson manages to keep the support of many Scots Ash. :(

Jagz, would you please inform the readers of this forum, where you obtained the information on how many Scots support Johnson? I am not talking about how many support the Tories. I just want to know where your source of information regarding Scots supporting Johnson, is coming from?

Danny
bilbo.s
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 01:03pm) *
Jagz, would you please inform the readers of this forum, where you obtained the information on how many Scots support Johnson? I am not talking about how many support the Tories. I just want to know where your source of information regarding Scots supporting Johnson, is coming from?

Danny

Are you denying that Johnson has supporters in Scotland?
JAGZ1876

Danny

Well he is the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party Danny so there is a lot of support for him in the Tory party and among the other London based British Nationalist parties in Scotland Danny.

Danny, could you please inform the readers of this forum where you obtained the information on how many Scots Tories don't support Johnson?

Sorry for being OT, though Trump and Johnson are both two cheeks of the same bottom.

I do hope the use of the word "BOTTOM" doesn't get me another post delete? laugh.gif
DannyH
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Jul 2020, 02:06pm) *
Well he is the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party Danny so there is a lot of support for him in the Tory party and among the other London based British Nationalist parties in Scotland Danny.

Danny, could you please inform the readers of this forum where you obtained the information on how many Scots Tories don't support Johnson?

Sorry for being OT, though Trump and Johnson are both two cheeks of the same bottom.

I do hope the use of the word "BOTTOM" doesn't get me another post delete? :lol:

Jagz

I was hoping, honestly, that I would get an adult reply from you.

Your first paragraph is just childish, and is not worth responding to.

Regarding your second paragraph, you are using the old trick of changing the issue. It is you who is to substantiate your claim. I haven’t made any claim regarding Scottish Tories

I don’t see the point of your third paragraph. The issue is your claim regarding the number of Scottish voters who support Johnson.

Your final paragraph is straight out of primary school. Still you probably thought you were being smart when you posted it. A sign of someone who doesn’t understand that this forum is supposed to be an adult debate. Hence the reason so many others have given up .

Danny
bilbo.s
Danny Boy, What exactly is your point, or do you just come on here to slag off all who have the temerity to disagree with you ? What childish poppycock will you come up with next ? You have shown remarkable restraint in not mentioning WWII in your latest two posts, although you must have been all of 13 when hostilities ceased (not for you though).
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 03:55pm) *
Jagz

Regarding your second paragraph, you are using the old trick of changing the issue. It is you who is to substantiate your claim. I haven’t made any claim regarding Scottish Tories

I don’t see the point of your third paragraph. The issue is your claim regarding the number of Scottish voters who support Johnson.

Your final paragraph is straight out of primary school. Still you probably thought you were being smart when you posted it. A sign of someone who doesn’t understand that this forum is supposed to be an adult debate. Hence the reason so many others have given up .

Danny

Danny, your insulting my of intelligence no longer works, i answered your question for me to prove your claim that there is support for Johnson here, i reversed your question for you to me prove your claim that Tories don't support Johnson, and it's not childish to point out that i have had complaints to have my posts removed.

Who are these "others" that you speak for?

I hope Mrs H is feeling a bit better?
DannyH
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 1st Jul 2020, 05:56pm) *
Danny Boy, What exactly is your point, or do you just come on here to slag off all who have the temerity to disagree with you ? What childish poppycock will you come up with next ? You have shown remarkable restraint in not mentioning WWII in your latest two posts, although you must have been all of 13 when hostilities ceased (not for you though).

Bilbo,

Let’s get one thing straight. When you submit posts addressed to me, stop calling me Danny Boy.

Jagz is mature enough to continue any disagreement he has with me, without your interference.

Jagz did not disagree with me. He failed to respond to a simple question I put to him.

Regarding your sarcastic comments about World War 2, perhaps you could enlighten me on why you have seen fit to raise the fact that I was all of 13 when hostilities ceased. I wasn’t aware that during any war, anyone who was a child would not be affected by that war.

Once again you have displayed that trade mark of yours. Cowardly arrogance, which you mistake for superiority.

Jagz, what time of the evening does your Godfather come in to change your nappy. If you were a man you would have told him to get lost long ago. You both have the same trait. You gang up on people like me. Well you are wasting your time lads.

Danny
wombat
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 07:39pm) *
Let’s get one thing straight. When you submit posts addressed to me, stop calling me Danny Boy.

Danny

tongue.gif O danny boy the flies, the flies ,are crawling tongue.gif
DannyH
QUOTE (wombat @ 1st Jul 2020, 09:15pm) *
:P O danny boy the flies, the flies ,are crawling :P

Well well well. Seems like old times. Right on schedule the last of the three balloons turns up. Oh sorry, that should have read, The Three Amigos. The three guys that can only spring into action as a team when the brains of the outfit, Bilbo snaps his fingers. What bugs Bilbo is that his two pals are not as intelligent as him. Must be awful for you Bilbo carrying those two numpties on your shoulders.

One minute they are crying “It’s awful quiet on this forum, where is everybody”? That is because they have nothing meaningful to contribute. They are just dying to get other people to come back in order for them to show how clever the three of them are as a team, deriding anyone who wants to leave the EU, and/or doesn’t support the SNP’s desire to have Scotland join the EU.

Jagz goes on and on about ‘normal’ countries do this and do that. What is a normal country?

Right Amigos, it’s your turn. Give us all a laugh.

Danny
bilbo.s
Old Tory trick- divide & conquer. Only in this case, it does not work as I certainly in no way consider myself better than either Jagz or Wombat. That's your problem, Danny Boy, you have no conception of friendship, only competition. We three , among others, share views on important issues. I dare say that we disagree on other subjects, but that is not to affect our camaraderie. You, on the other hand, are an old fool - a sad old man, living in the past , pathetically dishing out completely unjustified insults to all who cross your path.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 10:05pm) *
Jagz goes on and on about ‘normal’ countries do this and do that. What is a normal country?

Danny

I don't want to take this thread way off topic Danny, but i'd say a normal country is a country that makes it's own decisions for the benefit of it's own people and not leave important decisions to larger neighbouring countries.

I'm sure the Donald would agree with me, unless he thinks that China or India would be better making all the USA's important decisions for them.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Jul 2020, 10:38pm) *
I don't want to take this thread way off topic Danny, but i'd say a normal country is a country that makes it's own decisions for the benefit of it's own people and not leave important decisions to larger neighbouring countries.

I'm sure the Donald would agree with me, unless he thinks that China or India would be better making all the USA's important decisions for them.

Who knows what Trump thinks? It's as big a mystery as why Danny Boy thinks as he does, but a mite more important and scary!
DannyH

Jagz, you have taken this thread off topic. It is supposed to be about Donald Trump. It was you who changed it to Johnson.

Danny
DannyH

Jagz, you have taken this thread off topic. It is supposed to be about Donald Trump. It was you who changed it to Johnson.

Danny
DannyH
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 1st Jul 2020, 10:37pm) *
Old Tory trick- divide & conquer. Only in this case, it does not work as I certainly in no way consider myself better than either Jagz or Wombat. That's your problem, Danny Boy, you have no conception of friendship, only competition. We three , among others, share views on important issues. I dare say that we disagree on other subjects, but that is not to affect our camaraderie. You, on the other hand, are an old fool - a sad old man, living in the past , pathetically dishing out completely unjustified insults to all who cross your path.

I see, so you are saying that the young people of today, should not mention the Coronavirus pandemic to those who were too young to live through it. It is usually referred to as being history, but you take your usual route and refer to me as an old fool. It won’t be long before you fit into that category. The only difference between you and me is that you have been an arrogant fool all of your life.

Danny
ashfield
I wonder is Trump authorised this deal, it kinda fits with his style wink.gif

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53254487
TeeHeeHee
... I am not talking about how many support the Tories. I just want to know where your source of information regarding Scots supporting Johnson, is coming from?

Danny

It would seem clear to me that those who support the Tories, in whichever way or numbers, must also be in support of Johnson; who is, after all, the Tory leader.
One can't support the team and wear the colours without supporting the team leader, can one?
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 03:55pm) *
Jagz

Danny

Hi Danny, don't go taking me for the Fourth Amigo: Ahm mair yer Lone Stranger wae Tinto but I couldn't help but count the number of personal insults which you made in the above post.
I'm sure that if you were to read it through again you'd have no course other than to agree that such posts are not conducive to serious discussion and, more likely than not, against the forum rules.
just saying. unsure.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jul 2020, 08:52am) *
I wonder is Trump authorised this deal, it kinda fits with his style wink.gif

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53254487

It was the same earlier when the Trump Administration outbid other countries, in particular germany, for existing PPE: masks etc., to help in his Invisible Enemy war: the one he said was only an other influenza and could be cured by one of his mate;s malaria treatments.
The last figures I saw had a death toll in Trumpland of 125,000 which, perhaps, an accountant may correct me if I'm wrong ( tongue.gif ) is about twice the death toll of US troops in the Nam Conflict.
... and he has the audacity to refer to European leaders as losers
DannyH
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 2nd Jul 2020, 01:57pm) *
Hi Danny, don't go taking me for the Fourth Amigo: Ahm mair yer Lone Stranger wae Tinto but I couldn't help but count the number of personal insults which you made in the above post.
I'm sure that if you were to read it through again you'd have no course other than to agree that such posts are not conducive to serious discussion and, more likely than not, against the forum rules.
just saying. :unsure:

Hello Tee Hee

I haven’t taken offence a what you think of my post. If that is how you feel, I applaud your honesty.
Having said that, please go back and read Jagz initial post. All I asked of him was to substantiate his claim regarding the number of Scots who support Johnson. Also bear in mind he made that statement during a lockdown throughout Scotland. I think my question to him was a reasonable one to ask.

Then, as usual the Three Amigos got stuck into me. So would you please go back and see the abuse meted out to me by Bilbo. No attempt on his part to respond with an answer to support Jag’s claim.

You will be sending Bilbo a similar mild rebuke, I take it?

Danny
DannyH
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 2nd Jul 2020, 01:40pm) *
It would seem clear to me that those who support the Tories, in whichever way or numbers, must also be in support of Johnson; who is, after all, the Tory leader.
One can't support the team and wear the colours without supporting the team leader, can one?

Hi TeeHee

Have you never heard of football club supporters baying for the sacking of the club’s manager?

Danny
bilbo.s
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jul 2020, 07:18pm) *
Hello Tee Hee

I haven’t taken offence a what you think of my post. If that is how you feel, I applaud your honesty.
Having said that, please go back and read Jagz initial post. All I asked of him was to substantiate his claim regarding the number of Scots who support Johnson. Also bear in mind he made that statement during a lockdown throughout Scotland. I think my question to him was a reasonable one to ask.

Then, as usual the Three Amigos got stuck into me. So would you please go back and see the abuse meted out to me by Bilbo. No attempt on his part to respond with an answer to support Jag’s claim.

Danny

Danny Boy, You consider my comments about you as abuse. I see them as an honest opinion. You have spoken harsher, untruer words about me and others , words that attack our integrity. I do not expect shame from you. That would be like expecting shame from a Tory!
wombat
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 07:39pm) *
Jagz, what time of the evening does your Godfather come in to change your nappy. If you were a man you would have told him to get lost long ago. You both have the same trait. You gang up on people like me. Well you are wasting your time lads.

Danny

tongue.gif widny like tae be the wan changing your nappy danny boy, its been oan since before the war laugh.gif laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jul 2020, 05:36pm) *
Hi TeeHee

Have you never heard of football club supporters baying for the sacking of the club’s manager?

Danny

Och, Danny, thei were only kiddin' tongue.gif
But I was on a squadron which would have liked to see the new Squadron Leader taken out and we weren't only kiddin' ... but we weren't Tories laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jul 2020, 05:18pm) *
Hello Tee Hee

Danny

Tommy Kennedy (RIP) would have had a field-day with you Danny.
DannyH
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 3rd Jul 2020, 10:14am) *
Tommy Kennedy (RIP) would have had a field-day with you Danny.

Hi TomI

I can’t reply to the above, because I don’t know what you are implying.

Tommy and I lived our younger days just a few hundred yards from each other. So we would have a lot to talk about, I seem to remember when Tommy posted on here, he said he was badly injured while serving in Trieste with the British army, AFTER a world war 2. Another of my generation for whom the War didn’t end in 1945. Two million of us did National Service or five years in the Merchant Navy.

Some didn’t come back, like Gordon Landels of Partick. He and I met on the train for the first time on the journey to our training camp. When we had finished training, I was posted to Germany. Gordon was posted to a camp just up the road from where we did our trading. I said to him, “You are a lucky sod, getting a home posting”. A couple of months later, my wife. Sent me the front page of the Daily Record. Gordon was in the front page. He had been blown up during a training exercise with explosives.

We were in the Royal Engineers, the training we received in training was pathetic. The possibility of being killed during that period was just an accepted as being normal by the Army. So these balloons like Bilbo and Wombat just make me feel sick when they make their bile posts.

So the point of this post is to inform these two sad creatures, that they can make all the remarks about me they wish to make. But don’t defile the memory of the thousands of young people who survived World War 2, only to Have to put on a uniform.

Danny

bilbo.s
Oh dear, he's off again! laugh.gif
carmella
QUOTE (wombat @ 2nd Jul 2020, 09:09pm) *
tongue.gif widny like tae be the wan changing your nappy danny boy, its been oan since before the war laugh.gif laugh.gif

Grow up.
carmella
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 3rd Jul 2020, 12:58pm) *
Oh dear, he's off again! laugh.gif

He speaks more sense on his posts than you’ve ever done. Maybe you should go back to Copy/paste using the intelligence of other people.

I am very surprised that you continue to refer to Danny as “Danny boy”. I am just surprised you still do it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.