Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donald Trump
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
angel
QUOTE (DannyH @ 19th Feb 2017, 09:58pm) *
All this talk by Trump regarding the wall btween the US and Mexico,
reminded me of the US Marine Corps hymn.

It starts;

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli
We fight our countries battles
In the air, or land or sea, etc.

The Halls of Montezuma refers to a battle between the US and Mexico in 1847.
The US Marines stormed a castle in Mexico.

So will there be a repeat during 2017, some 170 years on?

The Shores of Tripoli refers to a battle during the First Barbary War in 1805.

It seems that this anthem keeps either getting updated or unofficial additions are made.

For example, reference to "In the air" was added after the first use of aircraft.

An example of unofficial additions, is one made in 1941 when US Marines took over from British forces in Iceland. This was, "The Iceland girls were slim and fair"

I think Donald Trump might ask for that to be made an official addition.

Apparently the melody was taken from an opera. Nothing is sacred.

Danny Harris

The bold Gendarmes

https://youtu.be/SqR9CcuA-lc
DannyH
Thanks Dyejumper and Angel for your posts.

Regards

Danny
Heather
That man Trump sound's like a right clown, always shouting about something and nothing that makes much sense.

I wonder what the people who voted for him feel about him now.
wellfield
QUOTE (Heather @ 21st Feb 2017, 05:55am) *
That man Trump sound's like a right clown, always shouting about something and nothing that makes much sense.

I wonder what the people who voted for him feel about him now.

Pretty good actually!
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif Hello guys, am I the only one who likes Donald Trump on ggs.

wellfield
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 22nd Feb 2017, 11:42am) *
biggrin.gif Hello guys, am I the only one who likes Donald Trump on ggs.

No!...there's you' then me' then 60 million others....chuckle
glasgow lass
O'great high five biggrin.gif
Dave Grieve
I would imagine the majority of people who voted for Trump are happy with his performance so far.
Penny to a Pound the majority of people in America who are complaining about him, all voted against him.
The others throughout the world complaining are just the usual rent a crowd mob, always looking for a 'cause bandwagon' to jump on.
john.mcn
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 23rd Feb 2017, 07:19am) *
I would imagine the majority of people who voted for Trump are happy with his performance so far.
Penny to a Pound the majority of people in America who are complaining about him, all voted against him.
The others throughout the world complaining are just the usual rent a crowd mob, always looking for a 'cause bandwagon' to jump on.

Lets not forget those politicians who went out of the way to criticise and ridicule him to appear 'right on' to that rent a mob section of society while at the same time fall over themselves to do deals with the sorts of countries those bleeding hearts should protest about.
QUOTE (wellfield @ 22nd Feb 2017, 03:47am) *
Pretty good actually!

Glad you feel so "good actually" but we in Canada are going to be inundated (people are walking over the unmanned borders in the freezing cold by the hundreds) with your throw aways which isn't so "good actually" for us especially as we have already taken in thousands of refugees, it is time WE built a wall from the states....................
bilbo.s
Pol Pot, Mugabe, Saddam Hussein, Stalin, Hitler, Attila, Caligula and many more all had their admirers, I guess. Even Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage nowadays. I suppose their detractors were/are just jumping on a bandwagon.
DannyH
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 23rd Feb 2017, 11:11pm) *
Pol Pot, Mugabe, Saddam Hussein, Stalin, Hitler, Attila, Caligula and many more all had their admirers, I guess. Even Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage nowadays. I suppose their detractors were/are just jumping on a bandwagon.

I think Franco should be on your list.
john.mcn

You do have to laugh at the desperation of some when they try to link some western politicians of today to histories brutal dictators and genocidal maniacs.

I wonder if the victims of those terrible people would turn in their mass graves if they heard that their torture and suffering was compared to what is happening today.

One other thing, does anyone else think it hilarious that the so called tolerant and peaceful mob turn out to be the exact opposite with their violence and rioting when they dont get their way or you call them for what they are...
angel

Public demonstrations are what is part of
the democratic system in which we live,
and people have that right to demonstrate
about their grievances whatever they may be.

The violence that, on occasion erupts with
demonstrations , is usually caused by those
who have infiltrated the ranks " if you like "
in order to cause mayhem just for the hell
of it . also I don't see that a one day
demonstration ever accomplished much eg. if anything
but I do hope that demonstrating for what people
see as wrong never ends , as long as they don't
keep me late for an appointment . sad.gif long live democracy '
until someone comes up with a better idea

As regards torture ,it happens all over the world
today in democracies , it has just become more sophisticated .

glasgow lass
wink.gif Yes John I think its SO hilarious, bur remember that the are being paid to protest! and looks like it is ok to destroy others property as well, when Donald T said that he will bring jobs back to the states I have a feeling that these protesters really do not want to work , other than protesting and destroying property, not to forget the beatings some people have had.
ashfield
20 mins long but worth sticking with rolleyes.gif

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show
ExPOW
Ok.

So it was acknowledged a few days ago on U.S. TV that, unchanged (i.e. trump is not removed), America will become the laughingstock of the world.

Too late yanks, America IS already the laughingstock of the world thanks to the 'leadership' and antics of what was described by tv host Trevor Noah, as the tangerine blob.

Makes a change from the 'orange lout' I suppose.

The diversionary smokescreen thrown up by trump to divert media attention from his (and his administration's) interaction with the russians is now to accuse ex-President Obama of bugging trump's telephone lines!

For a president to try to do this by himself (on his own authority) is impossible and in Obama's case
so remote and extremely unlikely but the sheer unmittigated gall of trump to come up with that statement, publicly, unabashed and to the world, shows a new level in stupidity, incompetence and unhinged aggression that simply defies description.

A simple three-letter word in trump's unhinged tweet, wherein he managed to misspell by adding a second 'p' to ending the word 'tap'. He must've attended his own university and got a degree in spelling from it.

This bigoted, bumbling, hostile fool has his fat corpulent fingers on the nuclear button.
Rest assured 'though that those nukes are being retargeted away from russia, boyfriend vladimir and his bullying commie cronies.

Clearly, the Republican Party has no intention of asking trump to stand down which, in and of itself,
shows just how much they intend and are determined to remain in government.

Changes to the U.S. lately?

The mentally unbalanced are now allowed to purchase firearms. Go figure. Not a real big change
as americans are already gun crazy and half-mad anyway. But still!

Dealing out yet another executive order to again try to ban Muslims from the US (must've got a a batch-printing discount from Staples USA). Executive Order - Immigration Ban ver 2.0 will again be challenged in the US Courts but not before the opposers ensure that their objections and case is watertight.

A born and bred Canadian Citizen and Passport Holder was, at last weekend, refused admission to the USA and forced by US Border Services to sign a refusal of entry form on the grounds of being inadmissable because of her ethnic roots. All she wanted was to go with her friends to a weekend spa.

It was suggested in the US Media last week (by David Hyde-Pierce) that all countries of the world should get together and build walls on the Mexican and Canadian Borders just to keep americans IN.
Not a bad idea.

Truly, the lunatics ARE now running the asylum.

Way to go dumold trump!
Elma
Spot on exPOW, I am sure most of the world agrees with you on this.
angel

ExPow , I agree ,
However , I would be quite content
if we could just keep Trumpy baby
enclosed behind those walls that you mention

because as you say , it sure looks like
he will never be impeached , the Rebublican
party will hold on to him no matter what
the consequences

First rule of politics " Party comes first "
everything else secondary .
wombat
:lol laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (wombat @ 7th Mar 2017, 10:14pm) *
:lol laugh.gif

Love it , biggrin.gif laugh.gif
ExPOW
Today, it appears that four U.S. States are now up for challenging trump's Immigration Ban ver 2.0.
Way to go Hawaii, Washington, Oregon & New York.

Quote from The Globe and Mail;

Click me
"Other states that have filed briefs supporting Washington’s initial lawsuit include California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia."

Maybe the tangerine blob will get the message now that his insane bigotry will not fly and that the U.S. Constitution is bigger than he is.

As far as Obama having trump's phones tapped, remember that there's a full moon due shortly.

dumold trump openly shows all of the characteristics of a lunatic.

Where is it in the U.S. Constitution that states that one of the requirements for presidency is competency and/or mental acuity?

Pity that there's no-one in the entire USA with enough 'nads' to start impeachment action.
Surely giving aid and comfort to Putin & Co is treasonable enough on its own merit.

How much more of this oaf is the USA and the world prepared to take?

Perhaps Executive Order, an Immigration Ban on Muslims ver 3.0 is currently Beta Testing?
john.mcn

Has Trump actually banned Muslims?
angel
Trump say's he is not banning Muslims ,
could have fooled me ! but there
are many politician's who say he is
banning them , .
I think that he wants war , so why
not a religious one . wacko.gif wacko.gif
angel
I'm sure that he will find a way to make a fortune .
ExPOW
It's really worded as a Travel Ban but in effect it is a ban on Muslims.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman vowed on Thursday to join Washington's efforts, saying in a statement that "President Trump's latest executive order is a Muslim ban by another name."

See;
CBC Link
wellfield
A Scotsman talking to his mate in the Pub,discussing politics..."Don't you think it would be great if we could vote in a leader who isn't a politician"...."Aye" says the other guy "one who could make the unemployment rate lowest in it's history,the stock market the highest in history and put all our pension plans at new heights,control immigration so our own Lads can get back to work,round up street gangs,deport undocumented law breakers back to where they came from,make all the other U.N. member pay their fair share to the kitty,stop giving money to other countries,let the middle east countries use their own large armies to take care of trouble in their own areas,repeal Obamacare who's premiums are doubling as we speak,rebuild our military,freeze government hiring,downgrade regulation for small business,rebuilding infastructure all over the country,bridges,roads,rail"...Ach' yer' dreamin' ma' pal" says the other....."Naw'.... there's a fella' in America doin' all this"......"is that right"
john.mcn
QUOTE (ExPOW @ 10th Mar 2017, 07:21pm) *
It's really worded as a Travel Ban but in effect it is a ban on Muslims.

See;
CBC Link

So a temporary 90 day ban on citizens of 7 countries that the previous Presidents administration identifies as "countries of concern" is him banning Muslims?
There are 50 Muslim majority countries in the world, he or should I say Obama selected 7, if Trump had wanted to ban muslims he would have banned Indonesia which has almost as many Muslims as those 7 put together but he didn't, he banned citizens of countries that were high on the terrorist list, Trump for all his faults (and he has many) is protecting US citizens, if only our elected representatives were as selective in who they let in/allowed to stay.
There are 1.7 billion muslims in the world, he has restricted around 200 million
Dave Grieve
I don't know if its true that there are 1.7 billion Moslem's in the world.
But the one common thread is there are more voices in the Christian world protesting about the so called Moslem travel ban than there are Moslem voices calling for an end to Moslem acts of terrorism.

If they, the Moslem's of the world are not prepared to be part of the solution. they must pay the consequence.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (wellfield @ 10th Mar 2017, 09:36pm) *
A Scotsman talking to his mate in the Pub,discussing politics..."Don't you think it would be great if we could vote in a leader who isn't a politician"...."Aye" says the other guy "one who could make the unemployment rate lowest in it's history,the stock market the highest in history and put all our pension plans at new heights,control immigration so our own Lads can get back to work,round up street gangs,deport undocumented law breakers back to where they came from,make all the other U.N. member pay their fair share to the kitty,stop giving money to other countries,let the middle east countries use their own large armies to take care of trouble in their own areas,repeal Obamacare who's premiums are doubling as we speak,rebuild our military,freeze government hiring,downgrade regulation for small business,rebuilding infastructure all over the country,bridges,roads,rail"...Ach' yer' dreamin' ma' pal" says the other....."Naw'.... there's a fella' in America doin' all this"......"is that right"

GG. You really need to have a 'like or unlike' button, that way we could possibly get a better idea of the opinion of the majority of people who come on to the board and don't post comments.
angel
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 11th Mar 2017, 04:32am) *
But the one common thread is there are more voices in the Christian world protesting about the so called Moslem travel ban than there are Moslem voices calling for an end to Moslem acts of terrorism.

If they, the Moslem's of the world are not prepared to be part of the solution. they must pay the consequence.

As a matter of interest Dave , just what is the solution ,

somehow I don't think it will come from any one on this board .
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (angel @ 11th Mar 2017, 06:58am) *
As a matter of interest Dave , just what is the solution ,

somehow I don't think it will come from any one on this board .

Do you think Pat anyone at the UN or any other of the 'think tanks' have a solution? I very much doubt it. they prefer setting up endless committees that keep themselves lucratively employed for years while they pretend to be useful.
In the meantime the ordinary man and woman in the street become increasingly frustrated and people like Donald Trump become viable alternatives.
I don't know a country in the world where extremist is not on the march and it is all down to pathetic political ineptitude.
john.mcn
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 11th Mar 2017, 04:32am) *

Going by a study in 2010 there were approx 1.7 billion but as poorer religious areas tend to forgo birth control that figure may have gone up somewhat (as well as down as they are intent on wiping each other out in the MENA)

I dont think for a minute that most muslims agree with the fanatics methods and dont feel the need to apologise for them anymore than decent Irish people did for the IRA. There does seem to quite a few militant dial a moozy mobs who react with violence at any wee hint of anything bad said against the religion. Some groups need to look at why this is, could it be that they believe that as followers of 'gods last messenger' they expect some sort of entitlement and as such are easily converted to extremism when they dont become millionaires overnight. The thing is though, most victims of Islamic terrorism are Muslim themselves.
john.mcn
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 11th Mar 2017, 06:05am) *
I don't know a country in the world where extremist is not on the march and it is all down to pathetic political ineptitude.

look across Europe and you'll see the increase in support for those who would stop or reverse the migrations of peoples simply based on the colour of skin and not skills. we all seem to accept the rights of indigenous peoples elsewhere in the world yet criticise and criminalise those in europe for expecting the same here
angel
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 11th Mar 2017, 06:05am) *
Do you think Pat anyone at the UN or any other of the 'think tanks' have a solution? I very much doubt it. they prefer setting up endless committees that keep themselves lucratively employed for years while they pretend to be useful.
In the meantime the ordinary man and woman in the street become increasingly frustrated and people like Donald Trump become viable alternatives.

Dave , I do agree with what you are saying , but then how do we the people
solve the problem of ineptitude in present and past government's .

I hardly think that Trump will be the second coming who will solve all
man kind's problems although I suspect he thinks he is .

We in Canada now have refugees walking in across the frozen wastes,
from the states to hopefully find asylum here and the numbers will
probably increase as the weather improves , but we will just have to
wait and see how it all plays out . Such turmoil has been caused
by that man trump .and all under the guise of a secure America .

wellfield
If President Trump had added N. Korea to his travel ban,then this would have saved him a lot of grief......he used the same countries that President Obama had on his watch list......also,keep in mind that President Obama deported more people than all the other Presidents put together,sadly,most of them just climb back over the southern border 'fence'.....just ask me,I live in Southern California.
angel

Hi Wellfield , I know what you are saying ,
but trump has only been in office a very short time
compared with the last two administrations .

I did hear on the Canadian news that so far the refugees
now seeking asylum here are not that many Mexicans
or S. Americans crossing into Canada at this time .
Cheers smile.gif

wellfield
QUOTE (angel @ 11th Mar 2017, 09:47am) *
Hi Wellfield , I know what you are saying ,
but trump has only been in office a very short time
compared with the last two administrations .

I did hear on the Canadian news that so far the refugees
now seeking asylum here are not that many Mexicans
or S. Americans crossing into Canada at this time .
Cheers smile.gif
Hi Pat...that is very true,the Hispanics crossing the southern border of the U.S. is down 40 percent since Trump took the reins.....I wish your country very well in it's future,sovereignty is a thing to be cherished.
ExPOW
From prior post #224;
I think that he wants war

We've already developed a contingency plan where we, at home, switch to drinking the best of our remaining stocks of wine (2010 Bordeaux(Haut-Medoc)) and some decent Bourgognes) before Armageddon hits.
angel

The Way To Go . smile.gif
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif President Donald Trump bringing back car production to Michigan, already happening. cool3.gif
ExPOW
....but who's going to buy them?

Anybody else still laughing at the tangerine oaf and his circus of fools?

Note that Sean Spicer is now trying to spin "Tapp Issues" into a joke (again trying to deflect trump's slur on Obama) while the whitehouse rats scurry about trying to find evidence of wrongdoing before the next "deadline".

Note too that KellyAnne (based on the planet Zog) Conway has her own ludicrous spin going on microwave and surveiling through televisions and she demonstrated her stupidity to all the world with her 'observations' on spying.

The gene pool that trump dredges to try to find aides and representatives is almost too shallow to drown a gnat.

Time to think about changing the lyrics of God Bless America to 'gawd help america'.
glasgow lass
Who is going to buy them!, thats a very silly question and you speaking about KellyAnne !
Im sorry to say that you just sound like the rest of them on CNN, you know the crooked so-callded-news people, who are a big part of the swamp . rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
And-by-the-way God is helping America. thumbup.gif
DannyH
QUOTE (wellfield @ 11th Mar 2017, 05:27pm) *
If President Trump had added N. Korea to his travel ban,then this would have saved him a lot of grief......he used the same countries that President Obama had on his watch list......also,keep in mind that President Obama deported more people than all the other Presidents put together,sadly,most of them just climb back over the southern border 'fence'.....just ask me,I live in Southern California.

Wellfield, I know the feeling. People who do not live in your country seem to know more about the USA than you do. Their information is obtained from TV news reports, People like yourself who actually, really really live in the USA, see what is going on around you at a local level in your neighbourhood and the USA in general. Do people who live outside the USA never stop to ask themselves, "Why has this come about"? To me it was a reflection of the frustration of the American working class. Like us they have been told, "Globalisation" is the the way forward. That is, the work goes to the countries that pay the lowest wages. Some of my generation lost their lives fighting Communism, which we were told was evil. How many young American servicemen and women gave their lives in the fight against Communism. Now China is the most successful capitalist country in the world, under a Communist government. Helped by the policies of US Governments long before Donald Trump arrived. I can't remember seeing any demonstrations against them.

We have the same problem in Scotland. Some people who left here for a better life years ago with no intention of ever coming back to this hell hole of a place to live, are now telling us we are racists for wanting to preserve our way of life for our children. If it was so good in Scotland, why did they leave it? Why didn't they stay and change things?

I have many friends, relatives and former work colleagues who emigrated years ago. They have found happiness in their new countries, but they don't try and tell me what is best for Scotland. Their concern lies in what is going on in the country they chose to live in. I am sure there are plenty of local issues of more concern to them than Donald Trump.

Regards

Danny Harris
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Mar 2017, 11:43pm) *
We have the same problem in Scotland. Some people who left here for a better life years ago with no intention of ever coming back to this hell hole of a place to live, are now telling us we are racists for wanting to preserve our way of life for our children. If it was so good in Scotland, why did they leave it?
Regards

Danny Harris

You've just said that people left "this hell hole" for a better life, then ask "why did they leave it", whats that all about Danny?
wellfield
QUOTE (DannyH @ 15th Mar 2017, 03:43pm) *
Wellfield, I know the feeling. People who do not live in your country seem to know more about the USA than you do. Their information is obtained from TV news reports, People like yourself who actually, really really live in the USA, see what is going on around you at a local level in your neighbourhood and the USA in general. Do people who live outside the USA never stop to ask themselves, "Why has this come about"? To me it was a reflection of the frustration of the American working class. Like us they have been told, "Globalisation" is the the way forward. That is, the work goes to the countries that pay the lowest wages. Some of my generation lost their lives fighting Communism, which we were told was evil. How many young American servicemen and women gave their lives in the fight against Communism. Now China is the most successful capitalist country in the world, under a Communist government. Helped by the policies of US Governments long before Donald Trump arrived. I can't remember seeing any demonstrations against them.

We have the same problem in Scotland. Some people who left here for a better life years ago with no intention of ever coming back to this hell hole of a place to live, are now telling us we are racists for wanting to preserve our way of life for our children. If it was so good in Scotland, why did they leave it? Why didn't they stay and change things?

I have many friends, relatives and former work colleagues who emigrated years ago. They have found happiness in their new countries, but they don't try and tell me what is best for Scotland. Their concern lies in what is going on in the country they chose to live in. I am sure there are plenty of local issues of more concern to them than Donald Trump.

Regards

Danny Harris
Thank you Danny for reading my post and not sending flying arrows back at me,as there is lot's of them flying back and forth on the site....I find your posts interesting,they sound like they are coming from a man who knows a bit about this world we live in.
angel

Hello Campbell ....just to say that
the USA and Canada are very much integrated
countries with each other , through Investment,
treaties and trade , therefor , I , as a Canadian
living here most of my life , I do have an interest
in American politics and what goes on between
both countries regardless of the border .

I see that Trump has come up with his first budget
today and he is cutting back on the clean air
agreement between both countries , and in
particular the cleanup of the Great Lakes of which
both countries are responsible , so any work that
has been done will have been an exercise in futility .
Also in a week or two the negotiations regarding
The North American Free Trade agreement begins for
real eg. NAFTA
So much to be concerned about but we will
hope that all works out for both countries . smile.gif
wombat
laugh.gif money fer this, money fer that, build a wall,upgrade the military,what about the billions
owed to the chinese? laugh.gif
DannyH
QUOTE (wombat @ 16th Mar 2017, 08:59pm) *
:lol: money fer this, money fer that, build a wall,upgrade the military,what about the billions
owed to the chinese? :lol:

Wombat, that is what my generation want to know. Why were so many young lives lost in the wars against Communism? Some of the younger generations here think they have been lied to. when it comes to issues like Brexit and Scotland's Independence. How do they think the relatives of those who lost their lives fighting Communism must feel? What did they die for?

The Chinese have proved that Communism works, as long as you apply Capitalist principles. Keep the working classes down.

Danny Harris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.