Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donald Trump
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Dykejumper
Yes and No, it was in response to a Post that was deleted about Mr Cobain.
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Nov 2016, 06:33pm) *
Well Alex Salmond seems to have done a Boris Johnson and done a u turn on Trump now claiming he (Trump) should be given a chance, but i thought you'd be more concerned with the present Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs previous comments about Trump not being fit for office.

After all, UK affairs are of far more importance. unsure.gif

You worry too much John.

Diversion again, maybe one day you'll stick to the point Jagz. Boris Johnson said that last year before he entered the UK Government for foreign affairs, Alex Salmond said his comments while he was Foreign affairs spokesman and Nicola Sturgeon said them while she was our First minister. I did not vote conservative but i did vote SNP so am well entitled to criticise the rather childish direction it is taking under Nicola Sturgeons leadership.
Great that some politicians have accepted the result and are shutting their gob but wee Nic doesn't intend to do that, no she states that she isn't the kind of politician that keeps a diplomatic silence.. Well then she is in the wrong frigging job!!! Maybe she should just resign and become a social justice warrior staking out offices of politicians in deprived areas (Govanhill?) or burning flags and effigy's and leave the job of running the Scottish government to those that can act diplomatically.. I remember the uproar from some quarters when certain US politicians gave their views on our referendum in 2014, so tell me why the hell is it OK for our Governmental representatives to do the same to them?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th Nov 2016, 12:45pm) *
Diversion again, maybe one day you'll stick to the point Jagz. Boris Johnson said that last year before he entered the UK Government for foreign affairs, Alex Salmond said his comments while he was Foreign affairs spokesman and Nicola Sturgeon said them while she was our First minister. I did not vote conservative but i did vote SNP so am well entitled to criticise the rather childish direction it is taking under Nicola Sturgeons leadership.
Great that some politicians have accepted the result and are shutting their gob but wee Nic doesn't intend to do that, no she states that she isn't the kind of politician that keeps a diplomatic silence.. Well then she is in the wrong frigging job!!! Maybe she should just resign and become a social justice warrior staking out offices of politicians in deprived areas (Govanhill?) or burning flags and effigy's and leave the job of running the Scottish government to those that can act diplomatically.. I remember the uproar from some quarters when certain US politicians gave their views on our referendum in 2014, so tell me why the hell is it OK for our Governmental representatives to do the same to them?

No diversion here John, and you may not have voted Tory but they're still your government and as i said, UK affairs are far more important.

Govanhill............Let's wait until the SNP win next years council elections and try to clean up decades of Labour party mismanagement before becoming too smug.
bilbo.s
john.mcn continues to astound ( not really!)

Next he'll be telling us he admires the diplomatic skills of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, both of whom, together with their disciples, have made a laughing stock of UK. John's mind goes in ever decreasing circles, and is already showing signs of emerging from the other end.
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Nov 2016, 01:29pm) *
No diversion here John, and you may not have voted Tory but they're still your government and as i said, UK affairs are far more important.

And what exactly is your point, the Tories came out top in a democratic election and i accept that just as i accept the that the leave vote 'won'.
Govanhill............Let's wait until the SNP win next years council elections and try to clean up decades of Labour party mismanagement before becoming too smug.

Ohh OK, so wee nic gets a free run till next year when part of the problem is she welcomes the very type of people locals are complaining about. Fast forward 5 years and when nothing is happening cue the excuses that it takes years to undo decades of Labour rot rolleyes.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 12th Nov 2016, 02:49pm) *
john.mcn continues to astound ( not really!)

Next he'll be telling us he admires the diplomatic skills of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, both of whom, together with their disciples, have made a laughing stock of UK. John's mind goes in ever decreasing circles, and is already showing signs of emerging from the other end.

Jagz brought up Boris Johnson. Unlike you my views are consistent, you on the other hand wish to change rules after a vote because you didnae like it that most people dont agree with your views.. Oops i meant most who voted because in your bilbo bubble 6 month old babies count as people who didn't vote to leave, it would be funny if it came from some 17 year old never gonna work new age squatter but that it came from someone who's boasted of the School and two tie Uni he went to its rather sad.

Maybe in the eyes of Ajda from Slovenia we in the UK are a laughing stock but to those in Europe who see the EU for what it will become we are showing that the common man/woman can stand up to the internationalists and politicians with their snouts in the trough. Lets face it bilbo i voted leave for purely political reasons while your vote for stay was financial, thats whats making you furious that you will have to start paying for your life abroad.

BTW any luck in sourcing who this ajda is then?
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th Nov 2016, 04:46pm) *
Jagz brought up Boris Johnson. Unlike you my views are consistent, you on the other hand wish to change rules after a vote because you didnae like it that most people dont agree with your views.. Oops i meant most who voted because in your bilbo bubble 6 month old babies count as people who didn't vote to leave, it would be funny if it came from some 17 year old never gonna work new age squatter but that it came from someone who's boasted of the School and two tie Uni he went to its rather sad.

Maybe in the eyes of Ajda from Slovenia we in the UK are a laughing stock but to those in Europe who see the EU for what it will become we are showing that the common man/woman can stand up to the internationalists and politicians with their snouts in the trough. Lets face it bilbo i voted leave for purely political reasons while your vote for stay was financial, thats whats making you furious that you will have to start paying for your life abroad.

BTW any luck in sourcing who this ajda is then?

To say that you talk drivel would be a compliment. What is this garbage about 6 month-old babies? The fact is that most of the ELECTORATE did not vote to leave, nothing to do with babies, except in your delirious, warped mind. I have never, ever boasted about my school or Uni ( WTF does two tie mean?). Is this your inferiority complex showing, together with your hate-filled, irrational envy of people who live abroad? We already pay for our life abroad. Do idiots like you believe you subsidise us? Of course Brexit is costing us more and it will cost you cretins more too. You really are a sad case, but that goes for anyone who had the stupidity to vote Leave, and so you can all console yourselves while you huddle together in the wasteland that UK might become.' should the Tories have their fascist way. You are a mug, John.

A propos of Ajda, I would be more interested in sourcing who john.mcn is.
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 12th Nov 2016, 05:17pm) *
To say that you talk drivel would be a compliment. What is this garbage about 6 month-old babies? The fact is that most of the ELECTORATE did not vote to leave, nothing to do with babies, except in your delirious, warped mind. I have never, ever boasted about my school or Uni ( WTF does two tie mean?). Is this your inferiority complex showing, together with your hate-filled, irrational envy of people who live abroad? We already pay for our life abroad. Do idiots like you believe you subsidise us? Of course Brexit is costing us more and it will cost you cretins more too. You really are a sad case, but that goes for anyone who had the stupidity to vote Leave, and so you can all console yourselves while you huddle together in the wasteland that UK might become.' should the Tories have their fascist way. You are a mug, John.

A propos of Ajda, I would be more interested in sourcing who john.mcn is.

I may talk drivel but I at least can back up my sources whereas you can only manage to post others thoughts, claim them to be enlightened and challenge the rest of us to prove them wrong. On the odd occasion you posted your own words you were predicting what was going to happen in the future and that it was fact!! Now if that was not hilarious enough you then demand we state facts to contradict your predictions..Nostradamus you're not, Nostradufus maybe wink.gif

In another of your posts you were greeting about the EU result you posted a graph showing the break down of the UK telling us Brexit is not the will of the British people, that graph showed all under 18's so you were including them with Remain voters to try to show that the majority for Brexit was illegitimate, under 18's also include 6 month old babies in case you dont know. You just cannot accept that the majority of those who voted voted for Leave.

You brought up you had two Glasgow uni ties.

I have no inferiority complex, you are the one who has stated here that others are inferior to you.

Unlike other Glaswegians who have migrated you didn't go the full hog and now reside in Spain, your health care needs are not met by yourself or new host country but by the UK. You want the better, cheaper lifestyle of Spain but the benefits of a free UK NHS . Now normally i wouldn't give a toss but as you're so eloquent in your replies to myself and others who voted to leave I think that it's quite right to bring up your motives for voting the way you did.

So if all those who voted to leave a political union are stupid, does that mean all YES voters are stupid too?

I dont expect an answer, maybe you can google for a blogger to ask them and post their replies wink.gif

bilbo.s
http://www.thenational.scot/comment/wee-gi...nd-for-us.24682

Never trust a man, if dugs don't like him!
Dykejumper
David Attenbotough on Trump

“We could shoot him… It’s not a bad idea.” !!!!!!!!!!!

No surprise that DA is also a Bremoaner
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 12th Nov 2016, 09:11pm) *
David Attenbotough on Trump

“We could shoot him… It’s not a bad idea.” !!!!!!!!!!!

No surprise that DA is also a Bremoaner

Absolutely right, DJ! He is after all an extremely intelligent man with a lifetime of achievement. I doubt that even you disliked him until he made that comment. There again...........
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th Nov 2016, 03:23pm) *
Ohh OK, so wee nic gets a free run till next year when part of the problem is she welcomes the very type of people locals are complaining about. Fast forward 5 years and when nothing is happening cue the excuses that it takes years to undo decades of Labour rot rolleyes.gif

Who's in charge of GCC?
john.mcn

The leader of the council is a Labour councilor if thats the route you're taking. The area itself has an SNP councilor, SNP MP and SNP MSP who is also the first minister, are you suggesting that they will not do anything about the area until such times as the people 'wake up' and elect the SNP to control all political office in Glasgow/Scotland?
Nicola Sturgeon has represented the area since 2007 and the area has gone downhill since then, to just palm it off as someone elses problem (Labour controlled council) is not only patronising it is downright disrespectful to the Scots there. What it really shows though is what Nics future of open borders with the EU looks like which oddly enough she welcomes with open arms...
Dykejumper
La Sturgeon still has the support of her trusty Lt Hamza who took time out from resolving
Scotland's transport problems to tweet...

"Proud to belong to Govt led by First Minister who'll not maintain diplomatic silence in face of hatred from a President-elect or anyone else"
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 13th Nov 2016, 03:06pm) *
The leader of the council is a Labour councilor if thats the route you're taking. The area itself has an SNP councilor, SNP MP and SNP MSP who is also the first minister, are you suggesting that they will not do anything about the area until such times as the people 'wake up' and elect the SNP to control all political office in Glasgow/Scotland?
Nicola Sturgeon has represented the area since 2007 and the area has gone downhill since then, to just palm it off as someone elses problem (Labour controlled council) is not only patronising it is downright disrespectful to the Scots there. What it really shows though is what Nics future of open borders with the EU looks like which oddly enough she welcomes with open arms...

Just keep voting Tory John, you know it makes sense.

QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 13th Nov 2016, 03:47pm) *
La Sturgeon still has the support of her trusty Lt Hamza

Who?
bilbo.s
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2016, 06:05pm) *

Who?

Jagz, you know fine that DJ has trouble with names, and jmcn with rational thought. Cut them some slack! You'd have to be a xenophobe to understand.
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Nov 2016, 05:05pm) *

'Keep' would mean i would have voted for them in the past, for the umpteenth time the only political party i have ever voted for is the SNP.
Is this the SNP members level of debate, criticise the parties inaction and you get labelled a Tory, it may have escaped you but i am in way phased by any supposed name calling or imaginary links to political parties, newspapers or their owners so rather than attempt to 'silence' the issue why not try to explain why the Scots in Govanhill are being failed by 3 tiers of SNP politicians.
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th Nov 2016, 05:25pm) *
Jagz, you know fine that DJ has trouble with names, and jmcn with rational thought. Cut them some slack! You'd have to be a xenophobe to understand.

Did someone else write that for you?
Dave Grieve
Trump'S probably a liberal compared to what I would do if I could take over the UK thumbup.gif
carmella
Well now, Nigel Farage seems to have had a very cordial visit with Trump - watch that space.
Kemedian
QUOTE (carmella @ 13th Nov 2016, 07:28pm) *
Well now, Nigel Farage seems to have had a very cordial visit with Trump - watch that space.

I'm glad we've got Nicola and not Nigel as FM, but I honestly wouldn't be complaining if that was her and not him in Trump Tower. ohmy.gif

Sturgeon is very much the kind of Politician that Trump supporters would vote against. As bulwark of the new Establishment in Scottish Politics, she has relentlessly pursued the main interest of her Party over the clear and consistently proven will of the people, which also gives her complaints about Brexit absolutely no credibility whatsoever.
carmella
She certainly doesn't represent me, hopefully she never will. It's a funny old world right enough when someone like Trump can become President. It puts a whole new meaning on the fact that anyone can become President of that country. I won't jump to judgement yet, it's way too early.

Thank goodness I didn't have to vote in the USA this year. I feel sorry for the poor and misguided.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 13th Nov 2016, 11:05pm) *
Sturgeon is very much the kind of Politician that Trump supporters would vote against.

she has relentlessly pursued the main interest of her Party over the clear and consistently proven will of the people

You make that sound like a bad thing.

I thought the "clear and consistently proven will of the people" was heard when they voted the SNP back into power in record numbers in May kem? unsure.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th Nov 2016, 10:42am) *
You make that sound like a bad thing.

I thought the "clear and consistently proven will of the people" was heard when they voted the SNP back into power in record numbers in May kem? unsure.gif

Are you inferring that it's a good thing?

Both the Trump and Brexit votes were anti-establishment and against modern Politics in general.

The answer was and is still no. unsure.gif http://whatscotlandthinks.org/question...
bilbo.s
A Trump & May relationship modelled on Reagan & Thatcher relationship would be very bad indeed.
Somehow, I think that this is wishful thinking and that May and Trump don’t have the right chemistry and although both of them are neo-liberals, they do have a rather different approach,
I think it's absolutely clear that the neo-liberal politics that gained an enormous and lasting momentum at the time of Thatcher & Reagan are one of the root-causes that led to the anti-establishment Brexit & Trump vote.
Sadly, nobody has really learned the lesson so far and neo-liberalism keep dividing society into winners and losers , where the winner takes it all and the losers are simply left behind.
What we need is an engaged, responsible, inclusive and open social-liberalism which ranks people before business and this without neglecting the environment or economics.
We do not need more neo-liberalism and we certainly do not need divisive extreme left or right wing politics.
At the moment the right-wing politician on both sides of the pond do just a little bit window-dressing.
I wonder how long it will take the more intelligent and socially aware Brexiters to realise that they have been conned by the neo-liberals, which just bought some time, and carry on to run their affairs as usual.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 14th Nov 2016, 02:11pm) *
Are you inferring that it's a good thing?

I'm not "inferring" anything, i'm saying if Trump supporters would vote against the FM then she must be doing something right. thumbup.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th Nov 2016, 07:32pm) *
I'm not "inferring" anything, i'm saying if Trump supporters would vote against the FM then she must be doing something right. thumbup.gif

Because... ? confused2.gif
angel

some might find this interesting reading .

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/fivepoints/st...hief-strategist
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 14th Nov 2016, 07:45pm) *
Because... ? confused2.gif

Where have you been? unsure.gif
Kemedian
What point are you trying to make about Trump supporters, Jagz?
DannyH
One of the things I noticed during the Presidential elections was the cry that America was for all of its citizens, be they white, black, any colour, Hispanics, Moslems, Jews, Christians etc. The one group of people who were never mentioned were the indigenous people.

Nobody can put an accurate timescale on how old this planet is. All we know is that it is probably many millions of years. So if we go back only 500 years the only people in the American continents were the indigenous people.

One of the USA's favourite sayings is, "God Bless America". They also say, "In God We Trust".
Pity that God didn't put a Christian prophet in America before the Europeans came. Maybe it would have been a different world from what we have today.

I wonder if the indigenous Scottish, Welsh, Irish and English people will be allowed to say, "In God We Trust", 500 years from now?

I am not an academic, but I believe that we can learn from the past about how history will repeat itself if we ignore it.

Danny Harris

Dykejumper
The Gaurdian using Trump as a bogeyman to ask for your money
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When politicians defy belief …
… you need journalism that defies politicians. President-elect Donald Trump has threatened to weaken first amendment protections for reporters. He has said he will sue news organisations. He has labelled the press “dishonest” and “scum”. At times like this, free and fearless investigative journalism is never more important. The Guardian is not for dividend. We have no billionaire owner. All proceeds are reinvested in our independent journalism, which over the next four years will continue to uncover the truth, sort fact from fiction, and hold the new administration to account.

Fund our journalism and together we can keep the world informed.
peter.howden
Will the new President rename Washington…Trumpton?
Staring…..Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub."
"Here is the clock, the Trumpton clock. Telling the time, steadily, sensibly; never too quickly, never too slowly. Telling the time for Trumpton"

If there is a film or two made of the President’s unpredictable actions…..who will play he part?

Will there be a Trumpton Trilogy?
carmella
QUOTE (peter.howden @ 15th Nov 2016, 09:43pm) *
Will the new President rename Washington…Trumpton?
Staring…..Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub."
"Here is the clock, the Trumpton clock. Telling the time, steadily, sensibly; never too quickly, never too slowly. Telling the time for Trumpton"

If there is a film or two made of the President’s unpredictable actions…..who will play he part?

Will there be a Trumpton Trilogy?

Oh dear if only. Peter you are too funny by far but I love these comments!
peter.howden
Carmella …The idea accelerated from something broadcasted on the radio
carmella
cool.gif thumbup.gif
john.mcn
Freedom of the press and free speech is not a license to print libelous articles. If they can back up their 'investigative journalism' with cold hard facts then there shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 15th Nov 2016, 10:52am) *
The Gaurdian using Trump as a bogeyman to ask for your money
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When politicians defy belief …
… you need journalism that defies politicians. President-elect Donald Trump has threatened to weaken first amendment protections for reporters. He has said he will sue news organisations. He has labelled the press “dishonest” and “scum”. At times like this, free and fearless investigative journalism is never more important. The Guardian is not for dividend. We have no billionaire owner. All proceeds are reinvested in our independent journalism, which over the next four years will continue to uncover the truth, sort fact from fiction, and hold the new administration to account.

Fund our journalism and together we can keep the world informed.
Dykejumper
Remarkable !

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/books/ri...oming.html?_r=1
angel
Who is Jared Kushner ?
Trumps confidante and calming force .

Nice having connections !

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/who-is-jared-k...force-1.3169681
ashfield
Mr Far.......sorry, Trump thinks we should send over Farage to be our ambassador in the USA. Perhaps we could get a similarly talented body sent here as their ambassador in a kind of reciprocal arrangement. Is Mickey Mouse still on the go eyebrow.gif
john.mcn
Diplomats jobs should be left to the diplomats. Wasn't there a big kick up when Jack McConnel was rumoured to be appointed ambassador to Malawi, his reward for failing, at least Trump wants the winners to be rewarded laugh.gif
ashfield
Nothing diplomatic about Trump, remember he was the guy who said the people of Scotland were stupid rolleyes.gif
angel
It is now looking like Putin will be thoroughly entrenched in the white House along with his Pal ," Trump ". I wonder : those who voted for Trump, what are they are thinking now .
ashfield
I'm wondering if it's a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" as they both seem to have a problem with China unsure.gif
john.mcn
If Russia and the US had worked together in Syria then 'peace' could be a lot closer by now, but no the US didn't learn from recent history continued to try and force regime change with the bullet.
I for myself am looking forward to the day both superpowers are not on opposing sides in any conflict.
angel
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Jan 2017, 09:17am) *
I'm wondering if it's a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" as they both seem to have a problem with China unsure.gif

I'm thinking that "divide and conquer " is more trumps style.

America is not the only country that has realised over the years
that Russia is dealing in cyber net hacking.... and Germany and the UK,
probably other countries are well aware of this and it looks like
Russia is the only country who is safe from Trumps' rhetoric because he
is trying to protect his business interests.

In the latest news , I hear that Trump has now accepted that Russia
did try to interfere with the American election .... now if trump is going
to be half the president he should be , he should take Putin to task .
ExPOW
That 'foreign powers' have interfered with a presidential election and those 'powers' are openly supporting trump, it seems to me that a willingness to collude on trump's part with that same 'foreign power', a longstanding mortal enemy, is tantamount to treason.

Having proved interference, the natural and righteous thing to do would be to disband the Collegiate Voting System, void the entire election result and award the job to Clinton (who only
surpassed trump by some 3 million popular votes anyway) oh and confiscate all assets and throw trump in jail for treason.

trump has lied about and insulted everything and everyone he has come across todate, confounded both parties in the senate, embarrassed those in office and other political world leaders, yet he was "elected".

We will now see if the yanks have guts enough to get rid of him. Gawd knows there are enough reasons to impeach him as it stands.

The U.S. Constitution states that a candidate must be fit to hold office. That, in trump's case does not seem to apply.
angel
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Jan 2017, 08:17am) *

In the threesome ...of America , China , and Russia .
I think that America is still militarily the strongest Country ,
and Russia is not , however ! the problem for America
with Russia is that Russia is strong enough to takes sides
with China against America should a war happen .
john.mcn
QUOTE (ExPOW @ 8th Jan 2017, 11:41pm) *
Having proved interference, the natural and righteous thing to do would be to disband the Collegiate Voting System, void the entire election result and award the job to Clinton (who only
surpassed trump by some 3 million popular votes anyway) oh and confiscate all assets and throw trump in jail for treason.

Should Justin Trudeau resign as well then as he got less than 40% of the vote in Canada yet commands a majority government ?

The system in the US was designed specifically so that the big cities or states with more of the population could not pick the president between them, if California was not counted in votes then Hilary would have lost the popular vote across the whole US, seems to me it works as good as it was intended.
angel

Canada House of commons = 338 Seats

Needed for a majority government 170seats

Trudeau... 184 seats 39/5%.....Liberal
Harper ......99 seats 31/9%..... Conservative

remaining seats with the other parties.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.