Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boys Will Be Boys
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Jupiter
Scotlands Childrens Tsar has backed a 13 year old schoolboys campaign to end gender specific school uniforms.Girls can wear trousers so boys should be allowed to wear skirts.
Is it just me? No, Im shaking my head in disbelief .I can just picture the scene.13 year old son comes home,"Mummy,Daddy, Ive just saw a lovely school skirt in the shops,can I get it?" Argh!!
Full item todays Herald.
TeeHeeHee
"KILTS boy! ... I said Kilts" tongue.gif laugh.gif
Scotsman
I think this is the same story that I read in the Express newspaper over the weekend where it was about a lad who turned up at school in a skirt? I just thought it was ridiculous because who is thinking about if the child makes a mistake or is experimenting and then they realise that they don't want to be the girl or boy they though they wanted to be.... what happens then? Its easy to sit back and say that kids should be able to be what they want to be but can you imagine the abuse they would have to put up with if they made a mistake? Sometimes kids just have to be protected from themselves because they are too young to know everything.... and in my day that was called RULES!!
Jupiter
Scotsman; Superb.Rules is Rules!
Heather
I've been reading about those two lads and think it is out of order to allow boys to go to school dressed as girls.
All because one of the boys said he feels like a female and went to school dressed as a girl.
If it is allowed, then you will get some of the boys taken the mickey going to school dressed as girls and vice versa.

How boys / girls dress outwith school hours is their or their parents business, but in school hours rules must be obeyed.
When school kids get away with making the rules, is it any wonder the Teachers have so much trouble keeping some discipline in the class.
Rabbie
Blatant discrimination.

Now then, whurr did I plank my party frock and petticoats. I am aff to chain maeself to the railings of the Hooses of Parliament to further the cause of Mens Lib.

Time to make a stand fellows, burn yer man boob bras and shed the mantle of henpeckery.

Historically, on certain occasions, it may be interesting to note than men wore awe the fancy frills, curls and silk hosiery. Then these were ninja hijacked by wumen because these were more comfy to wear than sack cloots and buffalo hides.

Cannea blame the lassies fur trying!

laugh.gif
Rab-oldname
'Scotlands Childrens Tsar' Is that really the Job Title? For Heavens Sake!!!! Click to view attachment
Alex MacPhee
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 13th Feb 2012, 11:44am) *
Scotlands Childrens Tsar has backed a 13 year old schoolboys campaign to end gender specific school uniforms.Girls can wear trousers so boys should be allowed to wear skirts.

What will his next campaign be? To be allowed to go to the girls' toilets when he needs a pee?

Stone the crows.

GG
The story is now running in a few publications, including:
Let Boys Wear Skirts To School

Boys should be allowed to wear skirts to school to avoid "serious distress" caused by gender-specific uniforms, a children's tsar has argued.

Tam Baillie, Scotland's commissioner for children and young people, suggested forcing children to wear such skirts or trousers depending on their gender could contravene laws set out by the UN Convention on children's rights. ...

Full story here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/13...510.html?ref=uk

In response, Norman Wells of the Family Education Trust, said:
"This is yet another case of the language of children's rights being used in an attempt to add weight to what is nothing more than a personal minority view."

GG.
GG
Also, a view from England on a similar story, this time published last year in the Telegraph. It's worth reading for the quite bizarre picture it paints of a boy marching through a Cambridgeshire village wearing a skirt, with his friends marching behind waving banners.

Headteacher Robert Campbell said the ban on shorts [aimed at boys] was imposed following consultation with students, teachers and parents in 2009.

He said: ''Our uniform policy had a significant consultation and ours is typical of most schools in Cambridgeshire and the consensus was we were going to go for that.

''The issue creeps up during the summer months.

''Ultimately the boys can wear a skirt to school because it doesn't say they can't in the uniform policy and we would be discriminating against them if we did not allow it.

''Chris is a very bright and articulate student and we have got a very strong student council. He is one of only two year 8 pupils on it.

''I know he wants to go into politics and has got strong principles - so maybe Parliament is not the best place for him.''

Full story here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educa...rimination.html

GG.
TeeHeeHee
This had to come about after boys; and their daddies, were made to pee sittin' down. I'm glad I stood for my rights. laugh.gif
kenb
ues thh thats the answer stand up for our rights .
if yeh hufty sit ye hufty sit so when yehufty sit sit cause ye hufty tongue.gif
tombro
If I feel like a lassie I'm happy to dress as a man ! After all, I figure a man is what most lassies want !

Tombro tongue.gif tongue.gif
Rabbie
QUOTE (tombro @ 14th Feb 2012, 08:36am) *
If I feel like a lassie I'm happy to dress as a man ! After all, I figure a man is what most lassies want !

Tombro tongue.gif tongue.gif

Dress up in fivers and ye have it cracked.
Heather
Right all you have to do is figure out the boys from the girls.

It's easy to pick me out as I'm wearing the School Uniform. laugh.gif

The Teachers might be more difficult as one taught Music and the other Latin & Maths.
tombro
The wee lassie not wearing the School Uniform looks a cracker !

Tombro smile.gif smile.gif
Heather
Tombro, that wee lassie to
Heather
I don't know where the resr of the above Post went, probably out into space. ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.