Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celtic Connections Music Festival Glasgow
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Jupiter
Ive just sat through the Celtic Connections tribute to Gerry Rafferty(ok I know he was a buddy) and I too would like to pay tribute to the organisers of a festival which since its inception has got better year on year.In its success it has firmly put the spotlight on our city as a centre of artistic excellence succeeding in bringing many artists of international reknown to the city.
For the very reasonable price of the ticket I was able to watch performances by such stars as Barbara Dickson,the Proclaimers,Maria Muldaur,Jack Bruce and the inimitable Rab Noakes among others.
The festival is on till the end of February and I would urge our postersto get along and enjoy the talent on offer. rolleyes.gif
wee davy
I will have to make do with the DVD when it becomes available.
Sounds absolutely terrific Joop (how much was the ticket?)
Jupiter
Davie Its coming on BBC4 very soon(Ist Feb?) so keep an eye out.Tickets 25+1 admin, very reasonable when you think what some chancers,so called entertainers charge.
Jim D
I was thinking of going to the Annual Piping Concert on Saturday. Spirit of Scotland Pipe Band and lothian & Borders Police. Both grade 1.
The Spirit of Scotland are like an "All Stars" band. The turned up at the Worlds a few years ago, all wearing different tartans. lol They did well but I would have loved to have seen what damage they could have done if they were rehearsing throughout the year like other bands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.