Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waverley Sec School Drumchapel
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Glasgow Discussions > Glaswegians Living Away
kenb
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET ALL YOU EX WAVERLEY SEC SCHOOL PUPILS OUT THERE IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THE BIGGEST REUNION EVER (AT THIS TIME THERE ARE 216 CONFIRMED 160 POSSIBLE MAYBE)over 600 invited it will be held in theGOODYEAR SPORTS AND SOCIAL CLUB
ON FRIDAY 4TH MAY 2012 @ 7.30PM IF MORE INFO REQ GO TO FACE BOOK WAVERLEY SEC PAGE REMEMBER IT IS OPEN TO ALL YEARS SO GET ALONG AND ENJOY
I WOULD LIKE TO MEET WITH ANY ONE FROM SCHOOL YEAR 1975 (53 /54 YEARS YOUNG) AND IF YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF WAVERLEY PUPILS LETS SEE THEM ON THIS SITE . wink.gif tongue.gif
kenb
just to keep it up on site for a little more time tongue.gif
tombro
kenb,

Not quite on your topic but as I left theDrum at the end of 1960, I'm completely ignorant of the many schools that get mentioned on the GG site.

I went to St Sixtus in Kinfauns Drive. Drumchapel High School opened on Achamore Road and I remember St Pius' opening up just before we left for Australia. Can you position Waverley and any of the other Drumchapel Schools for me.

Good Luck with your reunion !

Tombr
kenb
tombro
kingsridge sec was on achamore rd .lochgoin primary was between achamore and lochgoin drive. st pius was just off kinfauns i think at about cally ave
waverley sec was at the bearsden end of kinfauns and jcn of summerhill rd 100yds away from
pine wood primary school (drummore rd)the mormon church was outside the gates on kinfauns dr
and the 5apts ilived in on kinfauns dr were outside the next gate hope it helps kenb
Jupiter
Tombro plenty of time to get booked for the do. rolleyes.gif
backcauseway
When all the Drumchapel Schools were demolished where did the brass plates which told you who opened the school and when go? The Drummie scrappy? These should have been kept maybe at Scotland Street School. There were "dux" boards. No doubt they got thrown away as well.
Plus the school cups and awards. Each school had nice school crests. Did anyone keep these "crest" boards? A pal went to Camus Place-a converted block of houses used as a school because they-the bright corpy planners did not build enough schools.Did Camus Place have a school badge/crest? He asked me years ago and we could not recall what it was. It did take "excluded" kids in later years but it was way back in the late 1950's when he attended.
Cleddans Primary was probably the first to be demolished. Was Ladyloan next? Lochgoin and Ladyloan were very near each other.
kenb
hi i think cleddans school was one of the few that were burnt down also summerhill and kingsridge
i dont recall a ladyloan schooldo you mean st sixtus ladyloan and peelglen area
pinewood waverley broadholm all had fires
backcauseway
Ladyloan was a "tin shed" at the top of Ladyloan Avenue. Wide open fields to the north. It was used as a "special" needs school before it burnt down. The jannies house also burnt down. My pal went to it in the 1950s and told of cows over the school fence. He and his mates got into trouble trying to get on a cows back at lunchtime.
kenb
hi b c w i used to live in foswell pl and every morning we has coos in our bback yard and they left there calling cards all over our football fieldin summer no problems dads roses got them, unsure.gif tongue.gif in winter we waited till solid frost then picked them off footie field
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.