Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Anyone Help?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
tulip
I work in after school care and we are always looking for different things to teach the kids.I wanted to teach them a game I played as a kid called Chocolate Soldiers,however,I can't find anyone who remembers it.It was similar to What's the time mister wolf and Polo,where on person stood at one wall and the others across from them.The group sang "we're the Chocolate soldiers and we're coming to see the king.Thing is,that's all remember.Be grateful if anyone can help!

thanks, Tulip

pumps100
QUOTE (tulip @ 15th Dec 2011, 11:51pm) *
I work in after school care and we are always looking for different things to teach the kids.I wanted to teach them a game I played as a kid called Chocolate Soldiers,however,I can't find anyone who remembers it.It was similar to What's the time mister wolf and Polo,where on person stood at one wall and the others across from them.The group sang "we're the Chocolate soldiers and we're coming to see the king.Thing is,that's all remember.Be grateful if anyone can help!

thanks, Tulip

Was this pre-war? I mind Red Rover but not this game. My wife might have a book on Scottish games. I'll have a look for it.

Regards

Ian
benny
Try having a look at these books on archive.org

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%2...e%3A%28texts%29
tulip
Thanks.It was probably early 1980's when we played it.

tulip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.