Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sugar Daddy Parties Coming To UK
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
GG
Click to view attachment

They're on their way to Glasgow...
American-style sugar daddy parties 'are coming to UK'

At first you could only find them on dating websites, now there are big budget sugar daddy parties.

The events are becoming a regular fixture in New York with the company behind them planning to introduce them in the UK.

At one event near Times Square the club is sold out and the dancefloor is lined with men, most of them over 40.

They're far outnumbered by the number of young women.

The night starts when organiser Alan Schneider makes an announcement on the microphone.

"Men, you know what to do," he says. "Women, receive their generosity. We will touch you with passion and fire all night long."

At these parties, any couples who get together usually come to what is formally called "an arrangement".

Often that will be as simple as the man buying expensive gifts for his partner or paying her a certain amount of money each time they meet.

Full story here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15431565

Form of prostitution or "inspirational"?

GG.
Heather
I think ' Prostitute Parties ' would be a more honest name. It's disgusting. mad.gif
Isobel
Right with you on this one Heather. Does UK need this ?????? I don't think so.
kenb
why cant "older men" grow old with style and grace i know money ,if they have it style etc goes oot the windae.
wee davy
bilbo - diz this mean you'll be headin' back hame? lol unsure.gif

To be honest with you, I think I'd be much more worried for the poor suckers, who ought to be in Tweeds, than the vixen in long eye lashes! As they say - a fool and his money!

TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (GG @ 25th Oct 2011, 05:56pm) *
Form of prostitution or "inspirational"?

GG.

Doesn't matter which. I'm willing to generously give a few presents ...

... I've got a spare chain-saw for a start. laugh.gif

bilbo.s
QUOTE (wee davy @ 25th Oct 2011, 08:51pm) *
bilbo - diz this mean you'll be headin' back hame? lol unsure.gif

No unless it's available on NHS prescription. laugh.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 25th Oct 2011, 06:02pm) *
I think ' Prostitute Parties ' would be a more honest name. It's disgusting. mad.gif

Spoilsport. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Scotsman
A quite shameful idea in my opinion!!

Would the organisers be happy to see their own daughters exposed to the leering and groping of rich old men.... no I dinnae think so. Any place which hosts this should have its licence taken off them.... simple as that!!
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Scotsman @ 26th Oct 2011, 01:32pm) *
... Would the organisers be happy to see their own daughters exposed to the leering and groping of rich old men.... no I dinnae think so.

I get the impression that the girls are not so much being exposed as rather exposing themselves ... for gain, of course ... whether or not their daddies, as opposed to their sugar daddies, would like it.
There has always been; and always will be, a market for the oldest profession no matter which disguise it takes; some marriages included.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 26th Oct 2011, 02:42pm) *
I get the impression that the girls are not so much being exposed as rather exposing themselves ... for gain, of course ... whether or not their daddies, as opposed to their sugar daddies, would like it.
There has always been; and always will be, a market for the oldest profession no matter which disguise it takes; some marriages included.

Bang-on, Tomi.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 26th Oct 2011, 01:51pm) *
Bang-on, Tomi.

Was the pun intended Bill? tongue.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 26th Oct 2011, 03:57pm) *
Was the pun intended Bill? tongue.gif

Maybe a Freudian slip. smile.gif
Rab-oldname
Can't wait for the first 'Sugar Mummy Party' ! wink.gif (Why isn't there a 'leery' smiley?)
Heather
Your right Isobel, we don't need these Prostitute Partie's in the UK.

I suppose the way those women look at it is, that it's better than hanging around a street corner to pick up men. But no matter where or when, they are still selling their bodies to men for money.
wombat
QUOTE (Rab @ 26th Oct 2011, 09:05pm) *
Can't wait for the first 'Sugar Mummy Party' ! wink.gif (Why isn't there a 'leery' smiley?)

why is'nt there a boaky wan as well ? rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
Heather, What's the difference between selling one's body for money and hiring one's body for favour, goods or security?
Heather
No difference Tee, it's still prostitution.

The word ' MORALS ' has been forgotten in todays society.

Yes I know prostitution has been going on for more years than we can count, but the place those parties are held in are just another kind of Brothel.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 26th Oct 2011, 10:09pm) *
... hiring one's body for favour, goods or security?

No difference Tee, it's still prostitution.

Exactly my point.
Throughout the ages and to the present day marriages have been arranged and sanctified for favour, property or security; up to and including the families of Kings and Popes.
Morals didn't come into it then either.
kenb
cant argue with that tee
Heather
Tee, I don't see how you can equate forced or arranged marriage's with prostitution.

There is a big difference between a woman being forced into or making an arranged marriage and a woman who takes money for sex.
kenb
heather dont you think that alot of arranged marriages (of the time we were talking about popes etc) are done by the power of the woman they cant both be victims all the time
Heather
I do not know of any Pope who forced women into marriage. I thought we were talking about sugar daddies and Prostitute Parties!!!
Why bring the Catholic Church into it.wub.gif
Rabbie
Much as I like elmer phuds, ye can stuff most of thier culture where nuetrinos cannae reach. Lets hope this wan does not contaminate this side of the pond.

Oh an ye can have yer McDonalds back tae, wid save the NHS millions on gastric bands fur 20 stone kiddies.

Oh, guid moaning world!
Rabbie
QUOTE (Rab @ 26th Oct 2011, 08:05pm) *

Plenty of 80 / 90 yo Grannies doon here Rabwan. Must be the fresh sea breeze that keeps em going so long!
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 27th Oct 2011, 10:16am) *
I do not know of any Pope who forced women into marriage.

I didn't say forced. And the particular Pope I had in mind arranged his own daughter's marriage to secure an area of interest to him. Kings did this as well.
The point was not to bring Catholicism into the topic but to show that the sale, hire or lease of a woman's body for gain of any sort, be it financial, political or to secure a form of power is nothing new and no reason for these young women to be branded immoral.
These woman hang a "For Sale" sign on their person and can only be regarded as honest women; as opposed to many others with high morals who, using their sex as collateral, enter a contract of marriage for financial gain or social status.
Some young women got married simply to get away from home. Is that not a form of prostitution.?

Didn't Jesus have great love and respect for the Magdalena?
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
I don't remember reading where Christ got on his high horse over morals ... except when he turned the moneylenders out of the temple. rolleyes.gif
kenb
i agree that the people across the pond should keep their ideas 99% of them to themselves. and it was a generalisation not an attack on the catholic or any other church . nowadays there are an awful lot of sugar mumies (rich woman who buy mens services) and men who sell them so the oldest proffession continues from both sides of the fence and church with the baddies still causeing all the trouble (the pimps)
Heather
Well Tee, it's a sad day when marriage is seen as another form of prostitution. sad.gif

If your not bringing the Catholic Church into it, why mention the Pope??

TeeHeeHee
Historical reference Heather.
Must we exercise PC over historical reference now in case it causes offence?
I mentioned Kings too ... could I not be then asked why I should bring the Royals into the topic?
kenb
heather it seems that any ref to the church ,pope catholics etc is wrong but history proves that the church has done mostly everything that is wrongand got away with it so dont get to wrked up when it is used as a reference but also dont be quiet when the ref is wrong its called discussion not meaning to be sarcastic or any thing else kenb
Anne1
Another topic totally of thread, but cant say much for the so called guys who cant get it without paying, men men men
TeeHeeHee
Where's the topic off thread Anne?
Anne1
Tell me how what the pope has to do with sugar daddy topic
TeeHeeHee
The use of young girls to secure favour.
One of the Popes arranged the marriage of his daughter to secure favour.
Anne1
Going back centuries on whats supposed to be a modern topic on sugar daddies gies a break Tommi
TeeHeeHee
The case might be centuries old Anne, many centuries, but the hypocracy is alive and well. That's what I'm against. Not Popes, Churches, Gays or prostitutes but the whole hypocracy which is used by the holier than thous who want to tell everyone else what is right and wrong while they indulge, or even steep, themselves at every oportunity.
kenb
very well put tee
Heather
Well Tee if marriage is another form of prostitution, what about those people who don't bother to get married but just live up together.
That then must be a greater form of prostitution.

No matter what you say, your hatred of the Catholic Church always comes over quite cleary.
You never miss a chance to run it down even if you have to go back six centuries to find something bad to say about it.
Melody
I'm with the rest of the ladies on here on this one. I feel that it is quite simply prostitution nothing more, nothing less. I find it very sad and disgusting. Sad men who fail to see any need for love in a sexual relationship and sad women to feel that they able to reduce themselves to a level such as this.
benny
If men are rich enough and silly enough to buy these womens' services, who are we to complain, and why shouldn't these goldiggers sell their bodies to men if they want to? It's their bodies. At least, as THH says, they're being honest about it. Not everyone believes in Christian morality. Gaun by the lessons of history, most Christians don't even believe in it.
wombat
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 28th Oct 2011, 01:00am) *
The case might be centuries old Anne, many centuries, but the hypocracy is alive and well. That's what I'm against. Not Popes, Churches, Gays or prostitutes but the whole hypocracy

rolleyes.gif then why no start a thread about the royals,noo theres real hypocrisy in action. wink.gif

ah'll have wan o they wimmen ,wull they take two goats a duck an a chicken fer peyment?
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Oct 2011, 05:31pm) *
Well Tee if marriage is another form of prostitution, what about those people who don't bother to get married but just live up together.
That then must be a greater form of prostitution.

Some might see it that way ... but in the case of me and Mary it would mean that I'm the prostitute.
It's her house and she's that one that gets up at 6 in the morning to go to work.

No matter what you say, your hatred of the Catholic Church always comes over quite cleary ...

I don't hate anything ... especially the Catholic Church. In fact I could nearly burned as an anti-heretic for saying I almost love the Catholic Church; look at it's history, look at it's effects on culture, art and those magnificent cathedrals and The Vatican (Jesus, could I just spend 6 months in Rome?) ... It's the hypocracy and the stubborn refusal to accept anything other than that the Sun and the stars all circled the Earth to the extent that it threatend the life of the scientist at the stake and got another astronomer to work for almost 14 years to prove that the Sun and the planets did revolve around the Earth. (He even managed to explain why Mars does those funny wee loop-de-loops that it does. rolleyes.gif )
That kind of stubborn determination to make sure that it's believe that it's God made the Earth the center of the universe is enough to make me anti-religion
Pope Paul II; in the latter part of his life, technically excused on the Church's behalf its wrong against Galileo.
Bet that's pleased him no end. rolleyes.gif

So Heather please don't assume to know my feelings. Hate is certainly not an emotion I'd waste the slightest time with. I do not hate religion (it also formed my youth) and if people want to believe, like my older brother the retired preacher, in their religions and gods that's ok by me but the Church's influence is not required in Govt., because then the Church would effect my life in much the same way that it effected my youth in it's efforts to impress it's outdated beleifs and it's intolerance against Consuming from the Tree of Knowledge
If I want to disaprove religion and express my views in; I hope, an in-offensive manner as one of a minorty of same-thinkin' folks ... that can't be as bad as those early Christians had it when they had to face lions in martyrdom for their faith. Can it?
Hey, it's a discussion. Disagree wi' me, please, but make it part of the discussion and leave out the personal assumptions.
That's reserved for Tommy Kennedy. biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (wombat @ 28th Oct 2011, 10:46pm) *
... then why no start a thread about the royals,noo theres real hypocrisy in action. wink.gif

Don't we have a Royals topic? rolleyes.gif
I could have sworn I started at least two. laugh.gif
seamus1954
QUOTE (kenb @ 27th Oct 2011, 03:58pm) *
heather it seems that any ref to the church ,pope catholics etc is wrong but history proves that the church has done mostly everything that is wrongand got away with it so dont get to wrked up when it is used as a reference but also dont be quiet when the ref is wrong its called discussion not meaning to be sarcastic or any thing else kenb

Kenb , Whoa, History " PROVES" the Church has done MOSTLY EVERYTHING that is WRONG can you Clarify that misnomer give me AMMO... examples of your theory which is considerably Flawed I can't wait for your reply
seamus1954
I beg the indulgence of the Lasses , I would like to post an OLD Joke I heard so long ago but I do NOT want to offend any Lady so let me know if you will allow the joke sincerely Seamus
Rab
Click to view attachment
POST #42 Very, very well said!
seamus1954
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 29th Oct 2011, 02:29am) *
Don't we have a Royals topic? rolleyes.gif
I could have sworn I started at least two. laugh.gif

Tee hey would love to post about Eddie long legs , or Fat Henry
wombat
"who's stoppin yie ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.