Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nhl ... Hockey
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
angel

I watched the Leafs game tonight against the Jets .

the Jets where ahead 3 - 1 going into the third but the
leaf's scored two power play goals . .then the game
went into overtime , No score , then in the shootout ,the leafs scored ,
game over .. Leaf's 4 - Jets 3 ---Nice biggrin.gif
mitchell
Ice hockey, whats that?, we play sand hockey. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 20th Oct 2011, 07:41am) *
Ice hockey, whats that?, we play sand hockey. laugh.gif

The fastest team sport in the world (C'mon the Hab's) and in my opinion the most exciting after Football (C'mon the Jags).
angel
HI JAGZ , So far the Habs are not doing well at all , they are in 6th place with only one point , they will have to smarten up there act pretty soon , the do have a game tonight ,so we'll see how that turns out .
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (angel @ 20th Oct 2011, 02:56pm) *
HI JAGZ , So far the Habs are not doing well at all , they are in 6th place with only one point , they will have to smarten up there act pretty soon , the do have a game tonight ,so we'll see how that turns out .

Hi Angel, to say we're not doing well is a huge understatement, 1 win in 6, lost our first 3 home game's, it's just not happening for us at the moment, we're dominating game's, most shot's on target but failing to put them away, and as for the defence we're gifting goals at the moment, like the first game of the season against you guy's when P.K Subban passed the puck straight to a Leafs player for your 2nd goal. I know we have a few experienced defenders out injured but even so we should still be doing better at the back. As you said we are playing tonight away to the Penguins, i just hope Sydney Crosby isn't on top form tonight, he could do a lot of damage to us. Still a long way to go this season and i fully expect us to reach the playoffs, and a big up to our Hal Gill, making his 1,000th NHL appearance this evening well done big man.
angel

well Jagz , we will just hope that the Habs have a good game
and that young Cosby maybe have just a wee headache ,but no to serious , mind you ! biggrin.gif
And the Leafs , I'm not too hopeful about their game tonight with the Bruins but you just never know , the Leafs have been playing well as you probably know ." so go Leafs go " biggrin.gif

ps .. I thought you lived in Scotland. EH !
angel

Boston was on top form tonight , played like the champions they are ,
the Leafs where not fast enough , I don't think that they won any of the face-offs although in the second period it looked like they was finally a game going but the Leafs could'nt get by the Bruins goal tending .

Final Score Boston 6 --- Leafs 2 sad.gif sad.gif
Isobel
Angel I thought we were going to have a repeat of last night. Hope the best is yet to come. We can only hope eh? biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Hi Angel, sorry to see the Bruins beat the Leafs, i was hoping they would get beat. Boston and the Flyers are two teams i really love to hate. Sadly it was another night of misery for us in Pittsburgh as the Penguins won 3-1, even without Crosby who warmed up but didn't play as he's still not fully fit. As it happens they didn't need him anyway, another night of missed chance's as their goalie Fleury stopped 27 shots. Anyway next 3 games at home, starting with the Leafs on saturday, so one of us will be happy on sunday. and the way we're playing it probably won't be me, although we have to start winning sometime tongue.gif . And i do live in Scotland, a Glaswegian living in the wilds of North Ayrshire, isn't technology a wonderful thing, i can watch the NHL from the comfort of my own living room.
angel
QUOTE (Isobel @ 21st Oct 2011, 02:15am) *
Angel I thought we were going to have a repeat of last night. Hope the best is yet to come. We can only hope eh? biggrin.gif

Right Isobel , I'm hoping they will at least have there best season
this year , unsure.gif
angel

And i do live in Scotland, a Glaswegian living in the wilds of North Ayrshire, isn't technology a wonderful thing, i can watch the NHL from the comfort of my own living room. ......

JAGZ , you are obviously very knowledgeable about the NHL ,
so I do hope that Sat's game won't disappoint either of us too much.
angel

Leafs 5---Habs 4 in overtime , what a thriller of a game ,
I'm not worth a nickel, biggrin.gif
Isobel
Hey Angel I was a wee bit worried there in that third period.But the boys pulled through in the end.
Elma
Another overtime win for the Canucks tonight. Keep it up boys, but try to get that winning goal in regulation time laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
I can see i'm outnumbered here (thought i had stumbled onto a leafs fans website) but congratulations to the leaf, our defence still think it's xmas mad.gif
angel
QUOTE (Isobel @ 23rd Oct 2011, 02:41am) *
Hey Angel I was a wee bit worried there in that third period.But the boys pulled through in the end.

Isobel , I think if the Habs would have kept out of the penalty box in the second period , it would have been a different game ! unsure.gif

Cheers Elma. biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd Oct 2011, 10:54am) *
I can see i'm outnumbered here (thought i had stumbled onto a leafs fans website) but congratulations to the leaf, our defence still think it's xmas mad.gif

Well JAGZ , Habs win 5--1 over Philly , I'm always pleased when the Canadian team wins , Cheers biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
It's been a long time coming Angel, (worst home start in franchise history) hopefully it's a sign of better things to come, although we will have the daunting task of trying to defeat the Bruins away tomorrow night. Good luck to the Leafs tomorrow night, i think you'll beat the Rangers, their my youngest son's favourite team (so he'll be disappointed) but i think the Leafs will be too strong for them. Take care Angel.
angel

Jagz, the only NHL game I ever saw was the Rangers and the
Los Angeles Kings in Los Angeles ,and that was many many years ago .
I don't remember the score but the Rangers won , a great game
My sons are Bruin fans and will travel on occasions to Boston to see the
games , we are indeed a divided family , biggrin.gif both of them take every
opportunity to let me know ...in the nicest way of course , who is the greatest
team , but I just tell them that they are traitors laugh.gif
Isobel
Well watching right now and the Rangers are the only ones who have scored so far. I-O. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Leafs.
angel

4--2 for the leafs , I thought it was a rough , tough , hard fought game
anyway I'm pleased , they beat NewYork . biggrin.gif
angel

I just saw it on the news JAGZ , Habs 2- Bruins 1. brilliant . biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Hi Angel, great scores for both our sides, we play the Bruins again on Saturday, this time at the Bell Center (hope your boy's won't be to disappointed when we win again biggrin.gif ) i know what you mean by divided family's though, as i said my youngest's a Rangers fan, but my oldest is a Blackhawks fan, so it can get pretty heated around here, but as you said, in the nicest way. Take care Angel.
angel

Leafs 4 - penguins 3 biggrin.gif

Habs 4 - bruins 2 biggrin.gif

love it love it !
Isobel
Oh me to Angel.
angel

cheers Isobel , biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Hi Angel, that was a good result for the Leafs against the penguins. I see your next game is against the Senators, i hope you soften them up as we play them on Friday. Take care.
andypisces
Well you are both going to be out of luck. my sens are going to win both.....cheers folks
angel

Cheeky Cheeky.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
I see that your guy's are on a 5 game winning streak Andy, that's pretty impressive, i hope youse win on Tuesday against the Bruins, but when the Habs come calling on Friday... I'll say no more tongue.gif
Elma
Don't forget the teams out West, guys. The Canucks beat Washington 7 - 4 last night. Looking forward to them getting to the Stanley Cup final again this year. biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Elma @ 30th Oct 2011, 09:47pm) *
Don't forget the teams out West, guys. The Canucks beat Washington 7 - 4 last night. Looking forward to them getting to the Stanley Cup final again this year. biggrin.gif

Can Vancouver handle another riot Elma tongue.gif
angel
Hi Elma . the games out west is your job
You tell us the scores , OK , cheers biggrin.gif
angel

Leafs -2 Sens -3
A good hockey game
and a great third period.. smile.gif
andypisces

.......................................................... smile.gif smile.gif.........................................................................
Elma
OK, here are the results of the NHL Canadian Western teams who played over the weekend:

On Saturday -

Tampa Bay 1 Winnipeg 0 sad.gif
Vancouver 7 Washington 4 biggrin.gif

On Sunday -

Edmonton 4 St.Louis 2 smile.gif
angel

Two Canadians out of three Elma ,
I think thats pretty good . biggrin.gif
angel

Bruins - 5 .. Sens 3 sad.gif
what a useless fight between - Smith and was it Campbell ?
and then the Sens playing the last 2,1/2 min.s of the game with an empty net...
Andy have you any comments on this game .

andypisces
Didnt see it angel. Not happy with the score though. When i first came to canada i suported the bruins. Bobby Orr made me a fan.I thought he was a nd still is the greatest player ever.However the bruins treated him rotten and I stopped supporting them and then Ottawa got a team and i have supported them since. I believe in supporting the local team so i would probably have become a sens fan anyway
JAGZ1876
I caught the highlights Andy, despite the result it looked a good game (at least the Jags won at Dundee on Saturday) i hate to see Boston winning (who do you like seeing getting gubbed? you can say the habs, i dont mind) six game winning streak at an end, never mind, after we beat you on Friday you can always start a new one tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
Canadiens 2 Senators 1, good game Andypisces, but you should have played our old goalie Alex Auld last night, i don't know why we traded him. Oh well i'm off now to get ready to go to Firhill to watch the Jags beat Ross County, then back home to watch the Canadiens beat the Rangers in New York (i hope) smile.gif
andypisces
Ah jagz we cant win them all. Being a jags fan i am used to it. Enjoy the game and i am sure if we both put our minds to it we can will a win. watching a good game just now with newcastle, my fav english team vs everton. Cheers
angel

the Leafs and the Bruins................ NO COMMENT sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
JAGZ1876
Rangers5 Habs 3. can't win them all. sad.gif
angel
Hi Isobel at the end of the ist. period for the Leafs
2-0 against the Blues .
angel

Hi Isobel at the end of the ist. period for the Leafs
2-0 against the Blues .
Final score , 3-2 for leafs' in shoutout !

Hi JAGZ , The Habs won there game
but I did'nt see it .
JAGZ1876
Hi Angel, yes, we got the same score as you 3-2 OT, we continued our great record in Phoenix, although i think we'll struggle against Nashville tonight. I see the Leafs have Andypisces Senators at the Air Canada Centre tomorrow night, should be a good game. Take care Angel.
angel

Hello JAGZ, ... that should read , Shutout

The Leafs have gone into a tailspin these past few games ,
" goaltending" being the problem so I'm not optimistic
about their game with the Sens. !
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 12th Nov 2011, 05:23pm) *

Hello JAGZ, ... that should read , shoot out

The Leafs have gone into a tailspin these past few games ,
" goaltending" being the problem so I'm not optimistic
about their game with the Sens. !

angel
1-0 for the Sens
at end of First period .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.