Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are Young Americans Waking Up!
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Tommy Kennedy
A series of protest marches in U.S., by the young - protesting agains tax cuts for the super rich.
As here it is the 'super rich' that holds the reins of power in the U.S no mater which party is in office
The super rich that sends its young off to war

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/super-rich-target...-123458422.html

This generation of Americans has not been subjected to the Hollywood propoganda of the older generation.
They have seen the military failure of so called 'American might': Korea/Vietnam/Iraq/Afganistan - 'It will soon be over when we're over over there' -aye right Afghanistan 10 years on!
wellfield
Tommy' I thought you'd at least give the Americans a wee shout for that World War 2 hand out.
Tommy Kennedy
It's the WW2 & WW1 'Handout' that made America very arrogant - they and they alone - -they think- won both wars
tamhickey
Tommy, the American dream has turned into a nightmare for millions of people. People are losing their jobs and houses whilst the people who caused this carnage to the economy are seen to be being rewarded for their recklessness. It no longer matters who is President either, for they're just the puppets of the mega rich and always dance to their tune.
Just watch as this kind of protest spreads across the west.
wellfield
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 11th Oct 2011, 05:19pm) *
It's the WW2 & WW1 'Handout' that made America very arrogant - they and they alone - -they think- won both wars

You are right,Americans do think they are the centre of the universe...but hopefully the younger set you mention, think and now realize that they are not......and Tam,you're right also,Presidents,Kings,Prime ministers dont' run the countries,as I stated a long while back on this site,the Corporations of the world run the whole show..and I believe that in the not so distant future will have their own armies..... I know that sound far out,but not in my way of thinking.
Tennscot
QUOTE (wellfield @ 12th Oct 2011, 07:33pm) *
You are right,Americans do think they are the centre of the universe...but hopefully the younger set you mention, think and now realize that they are not......and Tam,you're right also,Presidents,Kings,Prime ministers dont' run the countries,as I stated a long while back on this site,the Corporations of the world run the whole show..and I believe that in the not so distant future will have their own armies..... I know that sound far out,but not in my way of thinking.

Like I`ve alway said ,Campbell.....Multi national Corprations know no flag. Look at some of the Ex politicos, K*** Ar*** Blair comes to mind, now with his millions, Mandellson(Spelling.)skint a few years ago, now buying a A nice London Pad........ Around 14million pounds.??????? Lobbyists ....CROOKS ONE AND ALL!! AS ARE THE PEOPLE WHO HIRE THEM. I used to be the eternal optomist... now !! all I can see is something like Mad Max, or Waterworld. Sad Sad . They all promise to clean up the mess, They made the mess in the first place. They dont get wage cuts, lose pensions, they look after their own. Follow the dream you`re told own your own home. Ah! but now you`re hooked...You cant go on strike...got to pay the mortgage, cant ask for more money...might get fired, `cos you`ve allowed them to take your rights away, and of course ,you`ve got to make that mortgage. Now the Financial Crooks have taken over, your home is less value the your mortgage. You are out in the street, The bankrs and moneylender give themselves huge bonus`s . Your elected officials bail them out with your money, why `cos they`re in their pockets. Someone once said " The People get the Goverment they deserve."
tamhickey
Tennscot, that's the best summation of the situation I've ever seen. Brilliant post!
Melody
Bravo Tennscot, I agree with tam an excellent post.
wombat
back in a sec,brilliant sunrise to fotgraf cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.