Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London's Burning
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
TeeHeeHee
The First thing that came to mind when I saw these pictures was the song we used to sing in the Cub-Scouts.

London's burning
London's burning
Look yonder
Look yonder
Fire,fire
Fire, fire
Pour on water
Pour on water
London's burning.

Sad.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I hope my patient isn't among that lot. rolleyes.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...its-London.html
TeeHeeHee
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
beth
Been watching this on Skye, hard to believe it is happening in the middle of London
wee davy
The city hosting the 2012 Olympic Games, lets not forget!
ruggles
Maybe your patient started it, what were you treating him for? If it was pyromania I suggest you may need to consider a new career.
Rab-oldname
Rioting and looting in London! Not exactly unknown! Seems to happen more and more frequently. Thanks to government policy, your thin blue line is getting thinner and thinner. What will happen when it breaks? Have you made your voice known to your MP? Well I have!
daverobinson
Teehee, was your patient agitated, was he a smoker, did he have a lighter. Just a few questions that may help you come to a rational conclusion.
I'm only joking by the way, I hope your patient was not anywhere near this scene.
TeeHeeHee
Hi DaveRobinson, welcome to the boards.
My patient was one of our board members with whom my alter ego; Prof.Dr.Dr. TeeHee von Hee, undertook the challenge of sorting out some of his many personalities with some measured success.
Funny thing was he seemed to disappear after the penultimate session ... after the disorder rubbed off on me. tongue.gif laugh.gif
daverobinson
Are we to surmise you had a night out in Tottenham last night then
TeeHeeHee
I find it difficult to take all this in but the pictures will at least remain here to remind us that what we only used to see happening abroad is now a part of our own modern day culture in the UK.
Ok it's London - but it wont stop there. The seed is sown. I will never forget that time when in the same area cops were led into a basement trap where fuel was set alight in order to BBQ them. Then there was the copper who was decapitated by a bunch of lunatics each takin' a swipe at his neck with a sword.
This will be difficult to answer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Crewsy Fixer
I have been suspicious of the news for a wee while now, still havent spoken to anyone who actually saw hielin coos wandering around the south side last week.

The way the news portrayed events is that this was just mindless hooliganism, with outsiders being involved. On Thursday night the polis did shoot dead a young man, I wasnt there and dont know the whole circumstance, but something is not right in the news reporting.
TeeHeeHee
From what I have read; and heard on the German news, the guy they shot had been shooting at, and hit one, policemen who had been tailing him.
Rabbie
Nutters at "play", sad times indeed.
Crewsy Fixer
Who are "the nutters" but Rabbbie?
mitchell
It is like pictures from Iraq. ohmy.gif
Very sad indeed. sad.gif
More tax paid money wasted.
tamhickey
It didn't stop there, it continued in Walthamstow and Enfield and another couple of areas. This is premeditated, whereas the Tottenham riot was seemingly predicated on a police baton charge against a 16 year old wee lassie which gave fuel to the fire after the peaceful protest over the killing of a suspect. Let's face it, not the first time the Met have done this and got away with it.
I would hate to live in London. You'd need to earn in excess of 30,000 a year just to get by and that's not always possible for ordinary Londoners. What chance do they have of getting on the property ladder? Especially when only in their early 20's? No chance unless they leave their town.
With the Government currently cutting back on just about everything there's growing resentment against them as well which makes the place a powderkeg. I can see this being replicated in other towns in England. It's just so sad.
Elma
I hadn't heard about this until I read it on here. I thought the riot in Vancouver after the last game of the Stanley Cup was bad, but this........................ well it is a lot worse.
Dave Grieve
Get used to it.
As you sow, so shall you reap.
Rab-oldname
Some 30 odd years ago, a friend of mine who was a police Inspector in London was on duty when he heard that a call had come in from a certain address in a certain area where all calls had to be answered by at least 2 officers, preferably 3. A young woman probationer PC who had been on duty had picked up the call and without realising the instructions had decided on her own account to visit the caller. When my friend heard of this he was shocked and dispatched several officers to the address.
The result of this young inexperienced officer attending what, to her, appeared a simple call, ended in her being thrown out of a first-floor window where she plummeted into the area below the pavement. Narrowly missing spiked railings (why should that have bothered the perpetrators anyway?) she broke several bones including her pelvis and was off work for months. This is a true story of what Met officers face daily in certain areas and why they deserve the highest commendation for bravery every single day. I heard from a local 'ethnic' on the news this morning (apropos my first post here) that no more than 9 police officers were guarding the police station when this riot broke out - they were facing 300+ thugs!!
The police have had armouries of tear gas etc for many years - why do we never see it used against these scum.
Wake up Home Secretary!
ashfield
It'll be ok now, she is coming back from holiday to speak to the police about the situation rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 8th Aug 2011, 12:28am) *
Who are "the nutters" but Rabbbie?

The one's who arm themselves and shoot at armed police.
joycewilson
Terrible times...just so unreal.. My brother lived in Enfield for over 30 year and has just returned from there to Glasgow last year....hope this ends soon!
Melody
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Aug 2011, 02:49pm) *
It'll be ok now, she is coming back from holiday to speak to the police about the situation rolleyes.gif

I nearly choked myself laughing there Ash. laugh.gif laugh.gif
beth
According to what I can understand from Skye News, The poor guy who was shot on Thursday and in whose honour the burning of London was in aid of, was a totally harmless, non agressive alleged Drug Pusher, who just happened to have a gun in his car. BUT...... the gun was in a sock and according to his brother, who would ever shoot a gun through a sock! How could the police possibly think this poor guy could have been a threat!!
bilbo.s
Irony, thy name is Beth. rolleyes.gif
ashfield
Beth, the riots had nothing to do with the guy who was shot except the peaceful protest was hijacked by hoodlums wanting to cause trouble. This has escalated into organised robbery under the pretext of protest. What I can't work out is how these guys can contact each other through "social networking sites" and it appears nobody in authority is able to get advance warning of whats coming.

It may be sensible to wait until the investigation into the shooting is complete before making any judgements. Having said that, if he was carrying a gun as you say, it would be difficult to have any sympathy for him.
beth
On the interview on SKYE news, it was Mark's brother who said he had a gun in a sock, that he would never actually have used as hw was a non-agressive person
JAGZ1876
Astonishing images on BBC 24 News of buildings ablaze all over London. Still they shouldn't have a problem lighting the Olympic flame next year.
Too soon?
beth
Birmingham now also, Scary stuff. Must be bad that now three days later the PM is coming home from Tuscany!! wink.gif
Dexter St. Clair
I hear quadafi's offering air cover for the insurgents.
Crewsy Fixer
Yo the man dex.

The rioting is not on the same level as 1981, but is being portrayed as worse.
Mathieson
24/7 news coverage has a lot to answer for as does twitter, facebook, etc....
Mathieson
QUOTE (beth @ 8th Aug 2011, 11:21pm) *
Birmingham now also, Scary stuff. Must be bad that now three days later the PM is coming home from Tuscany!! wink.gif

Hopefully he brings the SAS with him to sort these clowns out.
Crewsy Fixer
Ive said for years if the govt really really really wanted to crack down on crime and anti social behaviour, it would be easy. city by city. A 20 man SAS unit could eliminate Glasgow's Gangland in a week, probably less. Remember the Peterhead Prison Riots? 6 minutes it took an 8 man SAS unit to bring it to a conclusion.
Glasgow Girl
Tories = Riots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItK1izQIwo...player_embedded
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Glasgow Girl @ 8th Aug 2011, 11:14pm) *

I've no time for the tories but this isn't political, this is the lowlife underclass and dregs of society having a laugh, and already the do gooders are out telling us how poor and deprived they are (with their designer labels and top of the range trainers, that us who work for a living could only dream of buying after we've paid our bill's). Don't make this a left vs right issue, this is decent vs dregs, and i know who's side i'm on.
Dylan
Agreed Jagz.

Mark never fired a shot.

Two shots, both bullets Police issue.!
Glasgow Girl
The Home Secretary Theresa May thinks a stop can be put to all this rioting with the police simply working with the community and vice versa....yeah, that'll work with these morons and their mindless violence.

I wonder if the Police will be any more prepared tonight.
wee davy
I don't profess to know what is fuelling all this unrest - but I DO know its not about a 29yr old gallus cocain dealer, with a gun, picking up a bullet, last Thursday.

I just hope last night is as bad as it gets.
Dylan
Text 2 mins ago.

Hi just back from holiday,just seen all the footage on Sky News.

Who are Rangers playing in London?
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 7th Aug 2011, 11:32pm) *
... Ok it's London - but it wont stop there.

Was that a prediction or what?

What a difference a day or two makes.
I've been laid up in bed with a flu and now come on-line to see that the wanton destruction is spreading across the country.
This has nothing at all to do with a crack-cocain dealer being shot.
To my mind this is fill yer boots time. Anarchy. Mob rule fired up in the name of theft.
Will it cross the border?
We better hope not.
I'll have this coffee then get back to bed. sad.gif
Rab-oldname
This is home-grown terrorism and criminality - given its proper name - Anarchy! Arson endangers lives, therefore drastic means are neccessary in cases like this where innocent lives are at stake. The young criminals who cause such mayhem are selfish cowards and have no thought for any lives other than their own.
I suggest one marksman on a roof, Police or Army to easily maim a few of them. Once their mates get on their mobiles, the streets will empty. I know some will argue that this may produce a backlash. Well, lets see how the perpetrators of terror face up against trained marksmen. I'm sure the SAS Regiment is straining at the leash to sort out this scum, and I back them 100 per cent.
The Home Secretary was absolutely pathetic on the news this morning - handwringing at its worst.
Rabbie
Too soft an option Rab, they also need to confiscate their hi tech toys, you can be assured that this copy cat crap is being organised via moblile technology, trace the calls get the organisers.

These useless effers do even know they are living, hard done to eh?

Pftt.
RonD
This what happens when you respect out of the schools and replace it with entitlement.
Dylan
I agree Rab that Rabbie's plan is a tad liberal but he is /was a trained Policeman and we must trust his judgement.

However the Marksman must promise not to kill, only maim and they must exclude children as the parents may not be understanding.

I know many will demonstrate against the Govt. killing it's people ( no marksman is on target 100% ), like the Arabs but we can maim them also.

Should do the trick.
wee davy
and they must exclude children as the parents may not be understanding
A pointless exercise then, Dylan - as 95% of them are under 21 (often considered young offenders' these days/KIDS!)

A good whipping wouldn't go amiss.

Maybe Sharia Law HAS got something, right enough?

At least it would save us having to put them up in young offenders hotels.

I see darling Mr Cameron was none too impressed with coming back aff his holidays "ALL LEAVE CANCELLED". Not only have the coppers got to put up wi' planned reductions, effective reductions in pension rights - lack of effective training - and a host of other things,... they now have to forego any hols they were thinking of taking!

The marksman idea has merit - however, BUT WHERE WERE THE TASERS????????????????
Indiscriminate use, of a short sharp shock, might just make them sit up, and take notice.
Give every bobby one - INCLUDING the specials - and tell them to go have a field day!

Finally never mind extending tagging to just 12 months, from 6 months - but for the worst offenders make them stay at home for UP TO THREE YEARS! That might teach the PARENTS a lesson, as well!!
glasgow lass
Disrespectful hoodie thugs, bring the army in.
Mathieson
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 9th Aug 2011, 08:24am) *
I've no time for the tories but this isn't political, this is the lowlife underclass and dregs of society having a laugh, and already the do gooders are out telling us how poor and deprived they are (with their designer labels and top of the range trainers, that us who work for a living could only dream of buying after we've paid our bill's). Don't make this a left vs right issue, this is decent vs dregs, and i know who's side i'm on.

100% bang on the button! But how sad and predictable that some lefty dupes would have us believe otherwise. You just know that some will inevitably link it all to "the cuts", Thatcherism, etc, etc
Rabbie
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 9th Aug 2011, 02:43pm) *
Disrespectful hoodie thugs, bring the army in.

Why should decent hard working lads and lassies have to deal with this vermin, rentokil and birth control is surely a better option.
Jim D
QUOTE (Dylan @ 9th Aug 2011, 01:47pm) *
I agree Rab that Rabbie's plan is a tad liberal but he is /was a trained Policeman and we must trust his judgement.

However the Marksman must promise not to kill, only maim and they must exclude children as the parents may not be understanding.

I know many will demonstrate against the Govt. killing it's people ( no marksman is on target 100% ), like the Arabs but we can maim them also.

Should do the trick.

There is no such thing as "shoot to maim". If the gun is required to be fired then it is aimed to kill! Simple!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.