Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Norway Attacks
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
ashfield
When I came on to the site this morning the BBC news was on as usual and I was dumbstruck by what has happened in Norway. The loss of so many young lives in such a cowardly and cruel act almost makes me ashamed to share the planet with the perpetrator. I hope all those poor souls rest in peace, I just can't imagine what their families are going through.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356
glasgow lass
This is absolutely sickening, but not really surprising any more .
mitchell
Totally with you on this Ashfield.
A Christian? This muppet should not even get a trial. mad.gif
I have been to Bergen, and what a different world to what we live in, great friendly people and a wonderfull country.
irrie
For some reason Norway was about the last place i would have thought of something like this happening but there doesnt seem to be any safe places left. My heart goes out to everyone affected.
GG
A very sad and tragic event for such a peaceful country.

Suggestions that the cowardly killer was motivated by a hatred of Norway's policy regarding multiculturalism; the youths killed on the island were attending the Norwegian ruling Labor Party's annual summer camp.

GG.
TeeHeeHee
He gave up without resistance after taking so many innocent lives... kind of says it all.
Game Over. mad.gif
rossmckenzie
Love Norway and its people....Horrendous events.Where on earth are we going...was in Scandinavia earlier this year and sensed a changed.Denmark which was always the most liberal of countries has closed its borders.Sad days and to all the Norwegians who have lost loved ones..tragic.
wombat
mellow.gif sunday mail(adelaide) had this fotie of the nutcase dressed up
in what looks like masonic regalia.
Melody
I feel that it's unacceptable that he may be allowed to express his reasoning for carrying out this mass murder. Surely he has lost any right to do so. Nothing in the world merits his voice to be heard.
Elma
Maybe if we hear him we can perhaps understand what goes on in the mind of such a person who will commit mass murder.
stratson
Think we know what is going on in his head, Must disagree with you Elma. rolleyes.gif
Mathieson
QUOTE (stratson @ 25th Jul 2011, 06:42pm) *
Think we know what is going on in his head, Must disagree with you Elma. rolleyes.gif

I have to agree. I'm glad to hear the judge cut him short when he tried to spout his nonsense.
mitchell
What I do not seem to understand, is what he said in one of his rants.
"His belief that Europe must be saved from Muslim colonization"
What the hell did those kids on that camp have to do with this?
wombat
dry.gif they'll be fightin fer the movie rights in hollywood ,the sick bastids.
Rab-oldname
I make no apologies for wanting to have this 'person' executed very slowly and as painfully as possible by the families of the children whose lives he took. See how he likes it! mad.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (mitchell @ 25th Jul 2011, 10:09pm) *
What I do not seem to understand, is what he said in one of his rants.
"His belief that Europe must be saved from Muslim colonization"
What the hell did those kids on that camp have to do with this?

His main target was already gone from there before he arrived.
She was an extreme left politician.
The kids on the island camp were potential future trainee left wing politicians.
He is radical right wing and had an issue with the infiltration of Muslims in Europe.
Maybe he saw too many of them during his teens in London because I can't imagine he saw any in Norway. He said pleaded guilty to the murder of all his victims and the attempted murder of the injured but pleaded not guilty to terrorist action.
Could have fooled me.
Melody
I've been absolutely amazed at the dignity and very measured way in which the Norwegian people are dealing with this horrifying tragedy. They don't shout for vengeance and they have a totally admirable way of dealing with things. Our reporters, when interviewing the politicians and legal people are made to sound so aggressive by comparison. The Norwegians speak of comforting each other and pulling together as a society, really amazing and clear thinking attitude of them is very enlightening to see.
Scotsman
That is what I thought when I watched the news Melody and it reminded me of those poor people in Japan after the tsunami.... no hysterics but just getting on with life and dealing with their grief behind closed doors I expect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.