Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Open Golf
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
andypisces
It is fun to watch the pros play golf in the wind and the rain.I remember when i golfed in the UK a wet suit was part of your gear. Now i just dont play in the rain cos i know that i will get lots of days when the weather is good. In scotland i played when i could. I also go south for jan feb and march so get lots of golf. The weather that stops me playing over here is too hot at times. Anyway back to the open. I think i would like to see Darren Clarke or bjorne win.
JohnTRobertson
Anders Hansen has been around for a long time and maybe he is due a turn
Crewsy Fixer
Mr Watson is a gem isnt he. shame Jacks not there too.

Peter Allis is the King of golf commentators.
JohnTRobertson
Didn't someone once say "golf is a waste of a good walk"
Mathieson
And they were 100% correct! I used to get my kill at golf bore colleagues (usually dressed in the likes of pink sweaters, lemon polo shirts, light grey slacks and matching shoes) who stood and made "practice swings" in the middle of the workplace and spoke loudly of birdies, their long and short games, and the newest, latest expensive set of clubs they had just bought.

Having said that, I like to see Europe stuff the loud-mouth Yanks in the Ryder,

and having said that I have Yank Dustin Johnson to win the Open in the work's sweep so I hope he does well. smile.gif
hubert
Congratulations to Darren Clarke on winning the British Open.
It sure is outstanding and some achievement that three Irish guys from the north have won the latest three major championships.
stratson
QUOTE (andypisces @ 16th Jul 2011, 03:49pm) *
It is fun to watch the pros play golf in the wind and the rain.I remember when i golfed in the UK a wet suit was part of your gear. Now i just dont play in the rain cos i know that i will get lots of days when the weather is good. In scotland i played when i could. I also go south for jan feb and march so get lots of golf. The weather that stops me playing over here is too hot at times. Anyway back to the open. I think i would like to see Darren Clarke or bjorne win.

Just watched Darren Clarke being presented with the winners trophy at the Open ON TELEVISION.

ANDY, I know this will please you. biggrin.gif
andypisces
Often i find that people who say "olf is a good walk spoiled"dont even take the walk. This is not a dig at anyone on GG but a generalisation.
An absolutely wonderful win for popular sportsman. Well done Darren
Mathieson
Well done Darren Clarke, and well done Northern Ireland, the capital of world golf. smile.gif

Also well done to Dusty Johnson for winning me an equal share of the 2nd place winnings in the work's draw. smile.gif
hubert
I played my home course yesterday afternoon with the riding golf cart, it was cool but fairly sunny, played four nines all the front nine 36 holes, on my own so I can move quick.
The first nine poor, but the next three nines did good! thumbup.gif yes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.