Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murdoch
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tommy Kennedy
No other Western country allows a foreinger/non-resident non- taxpayer to control so much -any- of the Media as he/Murdoch does here. (not even U.S. where he, Murdoch lives)
At the phone hacking debate to-day it was said they have evidence that the News of the World has paid, not hundreds but tens of thousands of pounds to Police officers for information!!!!
Of course Scotland yard has said any officers found to take payemts will be discilined - yea slapped on the wrist rolleyes.gif
Senior officers were wined and dined by NOW while said officers were supposedely investigating hacking claims
Andy Coulson says such payments to police officers were 'Within the law' - how could that be?
(No evidence as yet that our Jupiter has any involvement tongue.gif )

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...ch-2307410.html
big al
(No evidence as yet that our Jupiter has any involvement )

Not funny Kennedy - do you always have to get a snide remark into your postings ? You have a have a habit of spoiling a good point you try to make!
auldbutcher
Hi Thomas yep the prince o thieves i.e identical thieves this guy has mair agents intruding in peoples lives than mi5 an thats saying something wee bit dropsy here wee bit dropsy there ,jasus widnae be surprised if he hadnae got her Maj on his list o illegal contacts ,money is king this guy should be a resident o the tower o London .

There are many people in jail because of this felons manipulations the judas's who sold Sheridan doon the Swanee come tae mind remember the guy who recorded a conversation wie Tommy a lame brain like that would never have conceived such a plot withoot out side influence ''this is only conjecture on my part'' mibbies as time goes on the Rupert the Brazen's empire might crash tae the dust.

P.s I wonders if there is a bigger connection tae him an the Tory money luvvin mob than meets the eye .
Dylan
To suggest the The Queen would accept money from Murdoch, for illegal information is offensive and disgusting.

However not surprised as this is what we have come to accept.
Dylan
Sorry, Typo.

Should read

However not surprised as this is what we have come to expect
ashfield
Sorry Dylan, you've lost me there. Who is making that suggestion?
Dylan
AB Post 3

" ,jasus widnae be surprised if he hadnae got her Maj on his list o illegal contacts ,money is king this guy should be a resident o the tower o London ."

james.tc
there should be a mass boycott of the news of the screws .coppers in his pocket politicians in his pocket gordon brown stitched up what else next
wombat
rolleyes.gif iwie's been that wey jimmy,time fer a chinge.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jul 2011, 06:18pm) *
To suggest the The Queen would accept money from Murdoch, for illegal information is offensive and disgusting.

However not surprised as this is what we have come to expect.

Some people will avail themselves of every opportunity to sully the Queen ... even at the cost of making themselves look ridiculous and associating the Queen with a financial bung from Murdoch is a sure way of setting yourself up to ridicule.
Look before you leap ... (think before you speak) ... a long forgotten phrase. rolleyes.gif
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 7th Jul 2011, 12:27am) *
Some people will avail themselves of every opportunity to sully the Queen ... even at the cost of making themselves look ridiculous and associating the Queen with a financial bung from Murdoch is a sure way of setting yourself up to ridicule.
Look before you leap ... (think before you speak) ... a long forgotten phrase. rolleyes.gif

Well she accepts money from poor tax papers; but to be fair she and her family make no decsions about anything, the puppet masters do that for them.

The NOW may lose sales for a couple of weeks but all they have to do to get sales back is put a big pic of the amazing, wonderful Royal couple on the front page rolleyes.gif

And you, THEE, are trying to compete with Jupiter for that Knighthood rolleyes.gif

Murdoch has got his fall guys to take the blame/heat, the private eyes - and probably a good bribe to spend a couple of years inside and shut about about what they know.

It will be 'members of the Establishment' that lead the enquiry and they will be very careful how they go about it as Murdoch will have dirt on them! Already Cameron refused to condemn Murdoch's chief executive - when challenged- in charge of NOW, during the debate.

P.s I wonders if there is a bigger connection tae him an the Tory money luvvin mob than meets the eye . -says Butch - You don't have to 'wonder' about that, Butch. Lord Ashcroft, another non-resident non-taxpaper here openly gave them dosh!
wombat
tommy sez:Well she accepts money from poor tax papers; but to be fair she and her family make no decsions about anything, the puppet masters do that for them.

unsure.gif tommy its been suggested it only costs everywan 70 pence a week tae keep the royals
wey a see it, we've been sold out fer 70 p

The NOW may lose sales for a couple of weeks but all they have to do to get sales back is put a big pic of the amazing, wonderful Royal couple on the front page

wan haun washes the ither tommy.

And you, THEE, are trying to compete with Jupiter for that Knighthood

these are guid furr skinned knees tommy rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (wombat @ 7th Jul 2011, 12:34am) *
And you, THEE, are trying to compete with Jupiter for that Knighthood

Come on ... A wis in furst; he's in competition wi' me. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 6th Jul 2011, 11:59pm) *
The NOW may lose sales for a couple of weeks but all they have to do to get sales back is put a big pic of the amazing, wonderful Royal couple on the front page rolleyes.gif

That and ensure that they have enough advertisers left.
A lot of them are jumpin' ship. rolleyes.gif
Jupiter
MURDOCH,maker/destroyer of Governments.
Can anyone enlighten me.What Government has Murdoch made and what ones has he destroyed?
rolleyes.gif
Tommy has no evidence to hang on me so maybe he has some on Murdoch.
Tommy Kennedy
MURDOCH,maker/destroyer of Governments.
Can anyone enlighten me.What Government has Murdoch made and what ones has he destroyed?

Tommy has no evidence to hang on me so maybe he has some on Murdoch. - says Jupiter

The infamous 'Sun' headline - getting Thatcher into power :
'It was the Sun wot won it'

Evidence on you? Well we do know by your own confession you took family off on holiday for a month - miners strike -, yea claimed it was overtime earned - but............? tongue.gif
Jupiter
Not to be deflected by Tommys obscure response can anyone tell me what government has been made/destroyed by Murdoch?
And you are bang on Tommy,you have got a better memory of that holiday than me.
Remind me to tell you about my trip to Kyoto which came about as a result of the long hours put in on the new M77/A77 upgrade a few years ago. rolleyes.gif No tree huggers here!
Scotsman
As I remember it 'It was the Sun wot won it' was when Murdochs very own rag boasted that it was them wot won it for the Tory government of John Major in 1992? A maker of a Tory government. How obscure is that? Simples to me!

[Just giving you a wee hand Tommy as I see you have John Wayne after you.... you must be shaking in your boots. Dinnae worry though as he only posts once a month. smile.gif]
ashfield
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jul 2011, 08:58pm) *
AB Post 3

" ,jasus widnae be surprised if he hadnae got her Maj on his list o illegal contacts ,money is king this guy should be a resident o the tower o London ."

Thank Dylan, don't know how I missed that rolleyes.gif

The revelations about the NOTW phone hacking is getting to the almost unbelievable stage now, Millie Dowlers phone, parents of the Soham girls, parents of soldiers killed on active duty, phones of the 7/7 victims..................where will this end? If the Editor and CEO knew about this they should be sacked, if they didn't know about it then they should be sacked.

I would be happy to join the proposed boycott of the NOTW but, since I have never read it in my life, that is not possible. I will, of course, continue not to knowingly give the Murdoch Corporation any of my money. Hard earned or otherwise tongue.gif
Dylan
The NOTW was a Right Wing Scandal Sheet pre Murdoch, which is what probably attracted it to him.

My Father would not let it in our house and I only got glimpses of it in friends homes.

It always seemed to be articles about Scout Masters and Red Haired Dancers called Trixi.

I hope that with the withdrawal of adverting from responsible companies and decent people refusing to buy it we see the end of this disgusting rag.
Melody
I honestly don't know why this has come as such a surprise to everyone. Maybe the outrageous depths that they have sank to is staggering but in all honesty did we really believe while this practice of phone hacking and interception of emails is possible that these people wouldn't be doing it?
ashfield
I liked a guy on the radio yesterday who said he wanted to ring the NOTW to complain but he couldn't find a phone number. He just left the complaint on his voicemail laugh.gif
benny
Even if the NOTW were to disappear tomorrow, it wouldn't make any difference. Another scandal sheet would step in to take its place. NOTW journalism - including the phone hacking - is driven by the insatiable desire of the British public for all of the intimate details of other peoples' lives - whether they're movie stars, MPs, criminals or their victims. The real culprit in all of this is the nosey British public. Newspapers like the NOTW only pander to this taste and exploit it.

What we should be most concerned with isn't the phone tapping itself, but the police involvement with the NOTW and its executives and employees. It's being reported that a NOTW executive authorised payments to police officers for "services rendered". I think there's a bigger can of worms jist waitin furra tin opener.
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (Scotsman @ 7th Jul 2011, 09:48am) *
As I remember it 'It was the Sun wot won it' was when Murdochs very own rag boasted that it was them wot won it for the Tory government of John Major in 1992? A maker of a Tory government. How obscure is that? Simples to me!

[Just giving you a wee hand Tommy as I see you have John Wayne after you.... you must be shaking in your boots. Dinnae worry though as he only posts once a month. smile.gif]

MOre like Mumbling 'Gabby Hayes' - Roy Rogers sidekick tongue.gif

Yes it was the Major Government, Scotsman - had a senior moment there rolleyes.gif
Tommy Kennedy
What we should be most concerned with isn't the phone tapping itself, but the police involvement with the NOTW - Yes, Benny, and it isn't PC plod but top cops
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 7th Jul 2011, 09:59am) *
Not to be deflected by Tommys obscure response can anyone tell me what government has been made/destroyed by Murdoch?
And you are bang on Tommy,you have got a better memory of that holiday than me.
Remind me to tell you about my trip to Kyoto which came about as a result of the long hours put in on the new M77/A77 upgrade a few years ago. No tree huggers here!

Yea, and now as this scandal breaks we find you're off in Oz - coincidence or what? ( You stick to your story - it was over-time earned tongue.gif )
I think your setting your sights higher than THEE - a 'Lordship' maybe rolleyes.gif
Jupiter
You wont get any complaints from me, Tommy.
bilbo.s
Interesting article :-

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...ch-2307410.html
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Tommy Kennedy @ 7th Jul 2011, 10:37am) *
I think your setting your sights higher than THEE rolleyes.gif

I was always freelance ... I just want the horse and squire that goes with it. laugh.gif
irrie
Morning all.Bilbo have we enough mps with the integrity and bottle to take Murdoch on? Somehow I doubt it. Cheers
bilbo.s
You are probably right, Irrie. Why though? People like Murdoch only have this power if people allow it.
Jupiter
Irrie how would MPs with integrity go about "taking on" Murdoch?
Certainly if some of his employees have broken the law throw the book at them but Im afraid Murdoch and News International wont go away because of this episode.
What we probably have here (and Ive no figures,stats or other data to support this) is a culture,widespread across industry of over zealous employees stepping over the mark in an effort to meet demands for higher sales targets.
Jupiter
Rather than edit my previous post,having just read a few things it could well be that the NOTW is going into meltdown and may not need the help of MPs to see it off.
The British Legion has pulled the plug on its relationship as have a number of companies withdrawing advertising.
auldbutcher
What i meant was he also had some monkey zeroingin on the Queens phone .

Theres aye some clown who want's tae twist thing's fer his ain agenda ,eh andymo.

Murdoch is yer typical despot not unlike another guy who built an News empire on falsehoods and innuendo William Hearst, another rascal in the Murdoch mold.

This scoundrel was the son of an gold miner who struck it rich bought intae other mines and made a fortune .

Young Wull the son who was expelled fae Harvard wanted control of the San Francisco Examiner a paper that pater George had bought as a means to putting his political points across as a California senator .

Young Willie Hurst a silver tongued devil began tae raise this paper and sales with a series dramatic fake news and the faking of real news in a way to create maximum public shock ''does this sound familiar folks'' in time he moved tae New York and bought the New York Morning Journal this paper and himself went from strength tae strength .

In the end this wastrel got his comeuppance in 1937 two corporations that controlled the empire incurred depts in excess of $126 million .

This lead to a selling off of much o Hearsts private fortune and to his demise of all his public powers as a newspaper owner. Laffed at the weasel wey my words was twisted aboot her Maj taking a bribe that auld dear has merr money than Rubert the bear ever dreamed aboot ,how dae i know this cos fae the day i left school an started work a portion of my earnings were diverted tae her and her offspring ,think it goes unner the name o the public purse ,Air miles andy an big bro Chick are hep tae the wey these shennanigens drop mucho dinero intae the Saxe Coburg family or is it the Windsors ,o they alias's confuse this auld guy ,an then people winner why i want a independent Scotland . lord hiv mercy laugh.gif tongue.gif

ashfield
Your maybe not so far off AB, did the whole Chas n' Dave, sorry, Diana thing not start off with private telephone calls getting hacked into rolleyes.gif
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 7th Jul 2011, 12:29pm) *
I was always freelance ... I just want the horse and squire that goes with it. laugh.gif

You’re problem, Thee, is you let everyone know you crave a Knighthood – begging for it. One doesn’t do that. You must be of Jupiters calibre. Let it be known it is an honour in itself to serve the Establishment, that you seek no rewards; again you lack sincerity in your ‘Crawling’. Further you hedge your bets; fearful when my uprising is successful you’re concerned you’ll be rounded up and deported as a Royal lackey. What’s best to do, you ponder; oppose it,-even turn informer -then if it’s unsuccessful maybe a Knighthood.
Jupiter must be given credit, he sticks to his bet. Of course he has the advantage on you he has had many hears of being a loyal, serving subject of the Crown. Mind he is crafty, probably in Oz now, working out an escape route in case he loses his bet
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 7th Jul 2011, 12:47pm) *
You are probably right, Irrie. Why though? People like Murdoch only have this power if people allow it.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Tommy Kennedy
During 'Question time' Cameron refused to condemn the Chief Excutive of NOTW - he dare not do otherwise, knowing what she/Murdoch has on him/ the Tories
The promised 'enquiry' will be delayed as long spossible, then fudged.
Be claimed it's all been sorted out; a few lackeys of Murdoch jailed,-they acted with out his knowledge - then come out with a good bank balance.!
Tommy Kennedy
The 'Sun' front page news to-day with a really important matter that affects us all rolleyes.gif
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...t-in-court.html
bilbo.s
Sacrificial lamb ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070733
ashfield
Aye but how long before we have it's replacement ("The Sun on Sunday" or " Sunday Sun") with a very familiar staff line-up rolleyes.gif
bilbo.s
Quite so, but it´s not the lower echelons that bother me.
Melody
Ash your right apparently it will be called The Sun on Sunday and the domain name was purchased two days ago, before the story broke.
ashfield
Drat, I could have made a few bob if I'd got in first laugh.gif

I'll need to change my name to Mystic Ash tongue.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Ash, you'd probably get more sense from a crystal ball than listening to the news at the moment.
Dylan
"What i meant was he also had some monkey zeroingin on the Queens phone ".

20 hours and that is the best you can come up?

No one buying it.
wee davy
QUOTE (Melody @ 7th Jul 2011, 07:34pm) *
Ash your right apparently it will be called The Sun on Sunday and the domain name was purchased two days ago, before the story broke.

If News International has bought this domain, with a view to 'ripping up and starting again' - I think Murdoch's bid for BSkyB is dead in the water.
If he's not careful, he MIGHT just finish up having to scrap The Sun - AS WELL!
(oh dear - what a shame lol)

If he DID dissolve it, I MIGHT just buy a subscription to the online Times! laugh.gif
GG
McCann spokesman confirms talks with phone hacking officers. Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann, confirms he has met with police officers investigating phone hacking after attempts were made to access his account.

David Cameron: there will be inquiries into phone hacking.

GG.
glasgow lass
Comment ,,,,Too much being said about this so fast,,,, is it panic I detect , and rightly so. Bet that there will be more than a few people getting hot under the collar.
Tommy Kennedy
As Mark Twain said: 'If you don't read the newspapers you'll be uninformed - if you do read them you'll be mis-informed'.
Problem Murdoch has is he can't get rid/blame his chief executives - they know too much; just as Cameron/ Tories can't come out condemining him - blame it all on small guys - they know too much how he/Tories condoned his Empire's actions and look for great support from the Murdoch Media by giving him Sky/bb, whatever it's called.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.