Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Cars
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
wee davy
Inspired by another recent post, I decided to kick this one off.

The idea is for you to tell us which exotic/luxury cars youve had experience of, as a driver/passenger (and perhaps a few words of how you came to be in it?)
Don't forget to post a picture.

Click to view attachment

1969 Bentley

Click to view attachment

1970 Lotus Elan

Click to view attachment

Porsche 911 Turbo

The Bentley and the Lotus were both as a result of hitchhiking in uniform.
The Lotus being quite amusing as the lady driver (who was at LEAST seventy!), promptly told me her husband had just passed on, ... and she had just bought this at his express dying wish. Or did he say now go and have a ball? Whatever, she was very bubbly (perhaps FULL of it lol).

The Porsche was courtesy of of the Deutsche Polizei - on the occasion of my daughter's birth.
My car broke down on the autobahn on the way home from the hospital - they took me into Moenchen Gladbach - and promptly insisted they 'wet the baby's head' with me LOL Then, they drove me home - poured me out of the porsche - and told me not to worry about my car - just have it towed at my earliest opportunity!
Danke Schoen mein freunds (hic)
ionnsaigh
A Rolls Canarly, wee davie.

It rolls doon hills, an canarly get up them. ( The auld wans ur the best )
wee davy
lol would you put that in the 'exotic' category, ionnsaigh?
proudmaryhiller
Hi Davy, took this picture at a Movie themed exhibition at the Glasgow SECC a few years ago. James Bond's Aston Martin.
Melody
I've been the passenger in a Lotus Elan a few times Davy, I must say I never liked it your backside felt as though it was on the ground as the seat was so low. laugh.gif
wee davy
Someone once told me there something like a FOUR INCH clearance between the seat and the road, Melody! ohmy.gif
Melody
I feels like even less Davy. laugh.gif
wombat
rolleyes.gif ah had wan o these (burgundy mettalic duco with a 400 cubic inch fireball engine)
tombro
Where's the Mag Wheels, Wombat ?

Tombro rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
wombat
they came wie 12 slot chrome rims tombro rolleyes.gif i ran 10 inch wide goodrich TA s on rear 8 inch on front.still got an XC ford fairmont wie a 351 c/i V 8 in it sittin up the back (still runs perfectly) cool.gif
wombat
rolleyes.gif yie can have yir "classic cars"nae good tae me where ah live mah wee tank will suffice hows this fer milage on same engine? toyota land cruiser 4wheel drive 1987 model rolleyes.gif
wombat
rolleyes.gif replaced the crankshaft front seal yesterday cost at mechanics $207

allows for 2hrs labor $100 p/hr plus seal $6 70 cents .

cost at wombats garage $6 70 cents tongue.gif wan o my pals in foto about to pass up the harmonic balancer to me,when they leak U wont see any oil on your driveway as it comes out when your driving when oil is hotter and thinner but your oil will iwies be low ?.ps nissan patrol use same seal.
TeeHeeHee
Had one of these beauts pull up alongside at the filling atation on Saturday.
RR Silver Wraith 1948. (Swiss owned of course. rolleyes.gif )

Click to view attachment
wombat
cool.gif whos in the back seat T HEE ?
tombro
Knowing Landcruisers, that 627,024 would be second time round, wouldn't it, Wombat ?

Tombro laugh.gif laugh.gif
wombat
biggrin.gif only the wance tombro,also had wan o these panel vans,mine was done tae GS specs lowered suspension metallic blue duco
with bubble glass windows,powered by a cleveland 351 v8 and 4 speed toploader gearbox,shooda kept it ,worth heaps nowadays cool.gif
tombro
Call it what it should be called, Wombat !

It's a 'Shaggin' Waggon' or a '**** Truck' and I hope you had a comfortable mattress !

wombat
laugh.gif theres wimmen on here tombro
TeeHeeHee
My old VW Camper; complete with 707 windows and blinds, was more elegantly referred to as the "Paschion Wagon" by the Germans.

Of course the English guys went for Tombro's 2nd alternative. laugh.gif
wombat
QUOTE (tombro @ 28th Jun 2011, 11:25am) *
Call it what it should be called, Wombat !

It's a 'Shaggin' Waggon' or a '**** Truck' and I hope you had a comfortable mattress !

wall tae wall shag pile carpet tombro rolleyes.gif got wan of these out the back no vinyl roof just plain white last made in this shape XC ford update model(rectangular headlites)

Crewsy Fixer
Theres a "wall of cars" at the new Transport museum in Glasgow, Im baffled, a lot of work went into this"wall of cars". All the classic cars on shelves, some way up high.. I daresay there will be a touch screen thing at the bottom where they can be viewed but still.

, I remember in the Albert Dr Museum one could have a wee sit in an Austin Godnoswhit 500.

It too arty for a transpost museum and it looks like a church from the other side of the river.
wombat
rolleyes.gif last ford i bought wis this model,mine was red 4 on the floor put 400 thousand on the clock still didny use oil when i sold it cool.gif trouble free motoring,wan of the best /reliable cars ah've had ,loved dirt roads/power steering.
wombat
rolleyes.gif tombro here's the auld land cruiser daein the ton nae wurries
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.