Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mad Cow V E Coli
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
wee davy
Click to view attachment

MAD COW

BSE BEEF BAN

Anybody remember the above? Aid amounted to a pawltry 500k pounds - for what became a 10 year ban.

E COLI 2011

Todays announcement - immediate aid of 135 MILLION pounds, from the EU. After less than a couple of weeks.

Click to view attachment

E COLI?

It certainly pays for SOME people to be in the EEU - as long as you don't have a union jack flying!

As I've said - even allowing for inflation - seems to me there's something not quite right here.
The UK for example, got NOTHING back from France when they jumped the gun - and continued it, when others had lifted it, under an EU directive.

Is it any wonder there are detractors from membership of the EU?

Mr Angry
TeeHeeHee
This payout of €150,000,000, is for the Spanish farmers who suffered most. They demanded €200,000,000 or at least 90% cover for their losses. They were told by the EU commisioners that there's not enough in the agricultural kitty and they'll have to accept that non-negotiable one of payment.
Still, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp cucumber. laugh.gif
Crewsy Fixer
Or a straight banana, my moneys on the Mad Cow, always has been really.
Dunvegan
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 8th Jun 2011, 07:52am) *
This payout of 150,000,000, is for the Spanish farmers who suffered most. They demanded 200,000,000 or at least 90% cover for their losses. They were told by the EU commisioners that there's not enough in the agricultural kitty and they'll have to accept that non-negotiable one of payment.
Still, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp cucumber. laugh.gif

German bean sprouts seem clear and its back to cucumbers. However since they are all destroyed along with half the vegetable production of the E.U. and as scarcity raises prices, going by the trading "standards of the common market, one has to wonder who will be making a fantastic profit out of this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.