Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Queens Diamond Jubilee
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Jupiter
It has been announced there will be an extra public holiday to celebrate Her Majesty`s Diamond Jubilee Wedding anniversary next year.
I look forward to see what arrangements our city will put on for this historical event which Im sure will be eagerly awaited by all. rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
Well, if she's throwin' a party she can count me out ... I didn't get invited to her grandson's weddin' and I'm right miffed. tongue.gif laugh.gif
Jupiter
THH dont get miffed.There will be hundreds if not thousands of street parties for this gig.No messing here.This is THE BIGGY.
RonD
I was thinking how politically correct we have become. Prince Harry lined up the Royal Wedding Party after bash which was to go on all night. It was said that he even had arranged bacon butties for breakie. So being PC wink.gif he has offended his Muslim and Jewish friends, his vegan friends and possibly his friend with ceoliac........ smile.gif
wee davy
Huz anybody booked Kelvinside Park yet? lol

I reckon an over 60's (special concessions fer us over 50's cool.gif doo would go down a storm! Bring yer ain Drambuie and Snowballs (in a suitably disguised container).

Show the young 'uns how tae REALLY huv a riot tongue.gif
Dunvegan
How regal and royal. I have just seen a post here disparaging the distribution of wealth in the country ( U.K. has upward mobility on a par with the lowest in the OECD) and here they are again the tory toerags celebrating the richest of the rich in all her taxpayer funded glory.
Dunvegan
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 2nd Jun 2011, 09:44pm) *
Well, if she's throwin' a party she can count me out ... I didn't get invited to her grandson's weddin' and I'm right miffed. tongue.gif laugh.gif

See you have a new avatar T.H...... Looks like the only Guy to enter parliament with good intentions.
TeeHeeHee
Trouble is everybody can see it ...except me biggrin.gif
I'm still seeing my Big Maus avatar although the new one is on my avatar settings page ... work that one out. rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
Just changed it again ... but I'm still seeing the original although the "Avatar Settings" is showing the new one rolleyes.gif
Glad I'm no' on anything ... at the moment. tongue.gif
zascot
l
ashfield
J
Elma
K tongue.gif
Dunvegan
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 3rd Jun 2011, 08:49pm) *
Just changed it again ... but I'm still seeing the original although the "Avatar Settings" is showing the new one rolleyes.gif
Glad I'm no' on anything ... at the moment. tongue.gif

May be there is something working for all those believers in the supernatural. I am now seeing Maus as well????
TeeHeeHee
Posted today to say Happy Birthday to Wee Davy ... and suddenly ...
I could see what everybody else was seeing ...
That Wee Davy is dead spooky ... 'int he? laugh.gif
(See if I can Get Guido Fawkes back up ... or may let sleepin' dogs lie) laugh.gif

Well would you believe it? Just changed my avatar to the Guy Fawkes mask

Click to view attachment

... and ... Still on the Maus.
Where am I goin' wrong - it's not as if I've never done it before?
Dunvegan
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 4th Jun 2011, 10:05pm) *
Posted today to say Happy Birthday to Wee Davy ... and suddenly ...
I could see what everybody else was seeing ...
That Wee Davy is dead spooky ... 'int he? laugh.gif
(See if I can Get Guido Fawkes back up ... or may let sleepin' dogs lie) laugh.gif

Well would you believe it? Just changed my avatar to the Guy Fawkes mask

... and ... Still on the Maus.
Where am I goin' wrong - it's not as if I've never done it before?

Seeing Guido (my hero) on all yourposts now TH. smile.gif
TeeHeeHee
Yeah, I was surprised yesterday to see him myself. I had put the new one up and still got the Big Maus. Nipped out to the shops and when I got back there he was. rolleyes.gif
You can have the one I was having trouble with.
Click and drag onto a file an' see if you can get it up ... the photie I mean laugh.gif
Are you havin' a street party out your way for the Queen's Jubilee? biggrin.gif
ashfield
Think I will do the same as I did for the "silver jubilee", absolutely nothing. I'm sure I still have my "stuff the jubilee" badge somewhere rolleyes.gif
Dunvegan
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 5th Jun 2011, 07:56pm) *
Yeah, I was surprised yesterday to see him myself. I had put the new one up and still got the Big Maus. Nipped out to the shops and when I got back there he was. rolleyes.gif
You can have the one I was having trouble with.
Click and drag onto a file an' see if you can get it up ... the photie I mean laugh.gif
Are you havin' a street party out your way for the Queen's Jubilee? biggrin.gif

Although there are lots of queens here nobody could be sure which one's jubilee is being celebrated. Any way most celebrations here end up the same; paralytic and not knowin' what was being celebrated in the first place.
wombat
Although there are lots of queens here nobody could be sure which one's jubilee is being celebrated. Any way most celebrations here end up the same; paralytic and not knowin' what was being celebrated in the first place.

Amen tae that dunvegan laugh.gif
Jupiter
Next June marks Her Majestys` Diamond Jubilee and the barge for her Jubilee Pageant on the Thames has been unveiled.Im sure Glasgow will add to the occasion with its own contributions.Whats your suggestion for this auspicious event?
GG
Not sure what Glasgow has planned so far, Jupiter, but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Edinburgh has incorporated a celebration of the Queen's long reign into the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo next year:

Next summer’s Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo will celebrate the Queen’s diamond jubilee with a programme of music and action from around the world.

Organisers said the production will be one of the "most impressive ever staged" as the Tattoo takes part in celebrations to mark the monarch's 60 years on the throne.

Musicians from Switzerland, Norway and Australia are in the line-up for the 62nd Tattoo which opens at Edinburgh Castle on August 3 and runs for three weeks.

GG.
GG
Just found one event:
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee: 60 years, 60 artists, 60 pieces of artwork.

Prepare yourselves as artists take the theme of “Queens” and respond with reverence (and irreverence!) to this historic occasion

http://www.merchantcityglasgow.com/event/t...ery-queens/1815

GG.
Dave Grieve
What about covering the city in black with black flags hoisted everywhere. it is this family and their ancestors and hangers on that have kept the British people in a depressed and financialy constrained state for centuries.
The only people that benifit from them are Londoners and most of them are not British anyway
Rabbie
Jubilee, the only wans a ken whurr the penny jubilees ye sooked during a Saturday Matinee.

Anyway, a will dea the same as last time and the time afore that, black arm band and raise a glass or three to Scottish Independence from the yoke of Inglish Tyranny and political incompetance

Scotland Foreffer!
valleyboy38
Lizzies Jubilee and M aggie thatchers planing a state funeral for herself wheres the money coming fae Joe public again ( MA erse in parsley )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.