Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judgement Day!
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
wee davy
Click to view attachment

UNITED STATES IN A FRENZY

All over America (particularly New York), there are preachers armed with T-shirts, brochures, books and posters are preaching the end of the world, this Saturday 21st May. Using a complex numerical calculation (see below) from the Bible, there are even advertisements on the New York city subway warning of the "great earthquake" that accompanies the advent of Judgement Day.

Now, I don't know about you fellow GGDBer's - but I'm planning to have clean pair of underpants on!

Some enterprising aithiests, already have $35,000 dollars worth of business for the following service;

The post-doomsday pet rescue service already has 259 clients, who have paid $135 for the first pet and $20 for each additional pet at the same address, to ensure the faithful animal companions are looked after and loved even when their Christian owners have gone to the other side.

Calculation

According to Genesis, when the flood occurred in BC 4990, God told Noah that in seven days he would destroy the earth.

If God's 'day equals a thousand years, 4990 plus 7001 years (the equivalent of seven days) equals 2011.
charlieboggins
I'll pop in the bank for a large overdraft tomorrow then and then look for the closing down sales, should be a few bargains to be had.
angel

I hav'nt heard anything about judgement day sad.gif tongue.gif on the American news here Davy, maybe it's another secret!
wee davy
Its been the recent subject of a documentary here, angel, and this was downtown New York, today

Click to view attachment

Don't you take the National Enquirer? lol tongue.gif
TeeHeeHee
Ah Davy, that's where one man's interpretation is another man's joke.
As a kid I always wondered about the 6 day creation (+ 1 day of rest) and how long must a day really have been for Big G. Then came such stars as Adam to Methusela who lived for hundreds of years which made me wonder if they had a different way of measuring years (like a dog's year = 9 human years etc.) but before too long I knew that a day is a day is a planetary revolution and a year is a year is an orbit round the Sun.
So what was all that about with the 6 days?
6 phases Davy.
1st phase? ... help a star to go into supernova condition.
2nd phase? ... New Solar system forms (let there be light)
3rd phase? ... Wee bit o' terra formin'.
... and so on till Adam (homo sapiens) leaves the woods (Eden) and heads out for the world's prairies.
See what I mean Davy ?

See these doomsday folks Davy, they've nae idea. Us weans worked aw that oot years ago. rolleyes.gif
See y' next Sunday mate; same time same place tongue.gif laugh.gif
wee davy
your place - or mine, THEE? unsure.gif
Rab-oldname
Its the wifes Birthday tomomorrow - any connection I wonder unsure.gif
Glasgow Girl
Que sera sera...... smile.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (wee davy @ 19th May 2011, 07:41pm) *

Whit kinda bar is this ? wub.gif
TeeHeeHee
Whatever it is .... you're barred. tongue.gif laugh.gif
beth
Naebuddy telt me here in darkest africa
glasgow lass
QUOTE (wee davy @ 19th May 2011, 05:41pm) *

What kind'a perr are yoos two. rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
Eh ... uhmm ... jist good friends; as folks say these days. tongue.gif laugh.gif
Anyway, it's nane o' yer bus'ness. biggrin.gif
tamhickey
Davy, see that street party your organising, is it BYOB? Oh, and what's the dress code?
wombat
cool.gif i get a brillyunt view of the planetary lineup where a ahm,an thats aw it is a lineup o planets no the end o the wurld,jist in case ah'v booked up a slab of beer at oor local waterin hole, and a bag of grass fae the local cops pal louie the lip rolleyes.gif
Dunvegan
A' feel quite left oot o' things, nae end o' the wurld pairties, nae mates tae sing auld lang sang wi, ma wife says she's daeing nought special fur tea; yon American Christists hae a lot tae answer fur when it comes tae makin' a bloke feel bad about the morra's morn.
Crewsy Fixer
I was rather concerned about "Judgment Day" as a youngster. God sees everything, Everything? yes Everything,

aw naw. Im doomed and Im only 12.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (wombat @ 20th May 2011, 01:11am) *
I get a brillyunt view of the planetary lineup where a ahm,an thats aw it is a lineup o planets no the end o the wurld,jist in case ah'v booked up a slab of beer at oor local waterin hole, and a bag of grass fae the local cops pal louie the lip rolleyes.gif

All I'm gettin' is cloud cover rolleyes.gif
Talkin' about which, how's the Magellon brothers gettin' on. Will they be seen at your wee soiree de groove. biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee
How was that for a planetary line up, Wombat. laugh.gif
Rab-oldname
'Unless Camping is a raving lunatic' - well, they got that right! rolleyes.gif
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/122270683.html
TeeHeeHee
I was in the middle of diggin' the garden and came in for a breather ... but I think I'll spend the rest of the afternoon rapin' and pillaging across the border in France. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock ... The Appointed Hour Approacheth.

After converting dates to our modern day calendar, we now know the heavens and earth were created by God in 11,013 BC, the worldwide flood occurred in 4990 BC, Jesus was born in 7 BC, Jesus was crucified in 33 AD, and in 2011 the earth will be 13,023 years old. The paper NOTHING Is More Important lists additional key dates in the timeline of history and provides information on how the dates were determined.

Many Christians have been taught that the earth was created in [b]4004 BC, but this date was not correctly determined from the Bible and it is not in alignment with archeological records.[/b]
charlieboggins
All I can say is that no wonder the banking crisis continued unabated, the world ends tomorrow and still not even an email about all the money I owe them and no demands to pay off the mortgage.
In the next world I'll use a different bank just in case, after all we don't want to start off in the next world the way we finish this one.
Another question, is it really worth trying to get a divorce tonight or will I let her get half the debt. Will there be 74 virgins awaiting us all tomorrow night, well for those of us that don't live in Airdrie? So many questions so little time.
benny
Aboot the only "end of the worlders" who hiv ever come close were the Jehovah's Witnesses. Charles Taze Russel, their leader, prophesied Doomsday sometime in the 19th century, but when that didnae work oot, he had another go an came up wi 1914. It wis certainly the end of the world for a lotta poor buggers, but not the whole Doomsday shebang. So, the prophecy wis revised again for 1975. Again, it wis a no show, so ah don't know whit the latest JW's estimate is, but ah don't think it's fur Saturday. Again, the JW's don't predict the "end of the world" as such, jist the end of the world as we know it. The world will still be here - but cleansed o the unbelievers an restored tae Garden of Eden quality, wi lions an lambs hivin a friendly kip thegither.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (charlieboggins @ 20th May 2011, 10:19pm) *
... Will there be 74 virgins awaiting us all tomorrow night,

I heard that the Muslims misinterpreted Mohammed's message there and that he really meant 74 vegans rolleyes.gif
Wonder what I should do durin' the next 11 hours ... probably spend half of it on here. laugh.gif
charlieboggins
jist the end of the world as we know it

That's annoying me, "It's the end of the world as we know it" comes from a song and I can sing the line but can't remember who or what song.Can anyone give the answer to that. Preferably before 6pm tomorrow as it will all be too late by then.
Now what other end of the world songs can we remember before we leave tomorrow
How about for those non believers....Don't they know it's the end of the world, it ended when I lost your love..... Can't remember who sang it but then my memory is slipping at the thought of Saturday night with 74 virgins, I'm hoping at least one will be female.
wombat
REM recorded it
charlieboggins
Thanks Wombat, now I can concentrate on hoping the virgins can speak English, don't want to waste my first Saturday night in hell asking 74 virgins to put more coal on the fire and all they reply is no comprende
Crewsy Fixer
Yep REM

http://youtu.be/_eyFiClAzq8
TeeHeeHee
....Don't they know it's the end of the world, it ended when I lost your love...

Brenda Lee?
Nae time to post a prize a suppose rolleyes.gif
charlieboggins
See the knowledge is in abundance so how about end of the world songs to see us out tomorrow. I have done two, surely there are loads more.

Your contribution will be duly rewarded in the Saturday night after life of tomorrow night.
TeeHeeHee
How about ...
"We're all goin' on a summer holiday ..." Do they play Cliff Richard songs in Hell? What am I sayin'? Of course they do! tongue.gif laugh.gif
charlieboggins
I thought they played Cliff Richards songs here cos all I recall was everyone saying I wish he he would go to hell, we will find out the result of that poll at 6.10 tomorrow
wee davy
The End

Nitol blink.gif

(Why did I KNOW this one would degenerate lol Your just not taking this seriously enough!)
TeeHeeHee
Davy, give me the link mate ... I can't get that here. rolleyes.gif
Dunvegan
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 20th May 2011, 12:41pm) *
I was rather concerned about "Judgment Day" as a youngster. God sees everything, Everything? yes Everything,

aw naw. Im doomed and Im only 12.

Pray and get out more tongue.gif
Crewsy Fixer
I dont pray Dunvegan, I chat to God and God is satisfied with my behaviour. I get 7/10 so far, room for improvement but.

Question for the posters.

If there is a Judgement Day and all is laid before you, how do you think you will fare, will you get into heaven or be told to beat it and go elsewhere.
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 21st May 2011, 02:11am) *
If there is a Judgement Day and all is laid before you, how do you think you will fare, will you get into heaven or be told to beat it and go elsewhere.

If a condition of gettin' in is that you must have done something exceptionally brave and heroic, then I'm in ... just for standing behind Celtic's goal mouth ('64?) when big John Greg put away the only goal in the last minute - and I whipped out my Gers scarf and leapt over the wee wa' at Parkheid and high-tailed it to towards the Hun's side.

laugh.gif Nearly found out that day if there was a Heaven or Hell. laugh.gif
Chrissie
You're lucky you got our of Parkhead alive, THH.

Not for a minute do I believe the claptrap about the end of the world. Just the same, in case there's a teeny bit of truth all of you have a real nice morning anyway. rolleyes.gif
Dunvegan
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 21st May 2011, 12:11pm) *
I dont pray Dunvegan, I chat to God and God is satisfied with my behaviour. I get 7/10 so far, room for improvement but.

Question for the posters.

As I am a Buddhist it wont apply to me. We judge ourselves and if we get it wrong we have to go over it all again.
wee davy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BweCXILNe28

There you go, TEE

(Good Morning everyone - hope youve all got those jobs done you 'needed' to get done lol)
wee davy
Its a beautiful Day (1968)
bilbo.s
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 21st May 2011, 01:25am) *
....Don't they know it's the end of the world, it ended when I lost your love...

Brenda Lee?
Nae time to post a prize a suppose rolleyes.gif

Skeeter Davis
wee davy
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 21st May 2011, 08:23am) *
Skeeter Davis

Well done, bilbo - aye, yer right - av nae time tae go tae the shops tae get it! Then again, mibbes av goat awe the time in the wurld laugh.gif
bilbo.s
http://youtu.be/Qgcy-V6YIuI

Save ye the borra. smile.gif

or there again............

http://youtu.be/-82VZ521iY0
wee davy
Even better vid! Dig that crazy hairdo! lol
wee davy
we have all the time?
bilbo - have you been given some inside info? lol
bilbo.s
Aye, for it is written that youse christians are aw mental. laugh.gif
wee davy
mental? menthol izzit? jist c'mere yoos, an stitch THAT! (bilbo steps back, stunned - haudin eez nose) LOL
bilbo.s
Ma snitch? Ye must be a ferr louper fur a wee man ! laugh.gif

Mind you, it is an easy target ! unsure.gif
wee davy
ach, its no the same as the real thing though, eh? nae reeling - sound effects 'n stuff lol

Click to view attachment

nae cheerin' and jeerin' laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.