Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blokes Only
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Crewsy Fixer
I read a post earlier on another thread on GG, the post claimed that some people had been put off by the level of sexism on GG, I was surprised to read that, and looked for evidence, there is not a lot of evidence that the GG boards are mainly sexist.

But, if it is, then I think there should be a thread for blokes only, where blokes can be free to be blokes, no brunettes or blondes in mini skirts to get in the way. A place for blokey things. No girlie chat just blokeyness.

Im off to the toilet, with a newspaper and I dont care whether the seat is up or down when I leave.
benny
You know, of course, that the title of this thread will act as a magnet fur aw the wimmin oan the board? biggrin.gif
Crewsy Fixer
Hence the adjoiner Benny, if you dont like it stay out, are ye up for a pint anyway.
Dunvegan
Not much in the way of sexism on the postings, not that I can see. I am totally opposed to any discrimination although radical femmes have called me sexist from time to time. All male tribalism and separatism has connotations that I find distinctly unpleasant. I have also been accused of being "macho" because of my interests, and do believe that political correctness in this matter is a stifling barrier to good relationships, but I cant countenance the separation of the sexes for any reason other than personal privacy. A world without women is a world without meaning.
benny
Naw ah'm afraid ma drinkin days are long over. The very occasional pint of Guiness or a coupla haufs at New Year are ma limit nooadays. sad.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 6th May 2011, 12:29am) *
Im off to the toilet, with a newspaper and I dont care whether the seat is up or down when I leave.

Nothin' worse than havin' tae look into the gapin' maw of an uncovered toilet. rolleyes.gif
Other than that, my bathroom/toilet is like a library (Mary has her own Ladies room so no fall-outs over mags and books in the bogs)

I've been over 2 years on GG and fail to see anything sexist (other than maybe in the Jokes topic) on GG boards. Where did you find the complaining post?

I've just added a Sabre Saw (710 Watts; 180 rotating grip; 0 - 2800 strokes per minute; 160mm max wood cut; 8mm max steel cut) to my collection of saws so now I have a petrol driven Chain Saw, an Electric chain saw, a circular saw, a band saw, and an electric fret saw ... not to mention a hand held carpenters saw and a hacksaw.
I'm sure I've missed one out ...
Oh, and three hedge trimmers but they're not really saws are they? rolleyes.gif

We badly needed a blokes thread here. tongue.gif
penny dainty
ph34r.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 6th May 2011, 12:57am) *
ph34r.gif

You were warned missus ... non-blokes keep out tongue.gif
Crewsy Fixer
QUOTE (Dunvegan @ 6th May 2011, 12:54am) *
Not much in the way of sexism on the postings, not that I can see. I am totally opposed to any discrimination although radical femmes have called me sexist from time to time. All male tribalism and separatism has connotations that I find distinctly unpleasant. I have also been accused of being "macho" because of my interests, and do believe that political correctness in this matter is a stifling barrier to good relationships, but I cant countenance the separation of the sexes for any reason other than personal privacy. A world without women is a world without meaning.

Well said mate. Its what i wanted to say, but couldnt put it so eloquently. Cap doffed Guv.
Crewsy Fixer
Where did you find the complaining post?

Old firm thread funnily enough.
Crewsy Fixer
@teehee, Tools rule. biggrin.gif
Crewsy Fixer
Blokey music smile.gif

Waltzing Matilda.

http://youtu.be/CwvazMc5EfE
TeeHeeHee
I had a look in the Old F-F-F-Firm T-T-Topic; which in truth I guessed would be where those sexist remarks would be found (if not in the Jokes Topic) but I'll be buggered if I could find them.
Anyway, how's it hangin' Crewsy, mate? tongue.gif laugh.gif
martini
get real blokes yer nothin without the world of Estrogen. We kin live with you or without you. A few wee frozen cells and a some good batteries and yer gone, live with it.... long live Boudicca rolleyes.gif
zascot
As they say the difference between men and wimmen is the brain function. Men think with the right side of their brains, wimmen think with the wrong side of theirs. tongue.gif
ionnsaigh
QUOTE (martini @ 6th May 2011, 05:25am) *
get real blokes yer nothin without the world of Estrogen. We kin live with you or without you. A few wee frozen cells and a some good batteries and yer gone, live with it.... long live Boudicca rolleyes.gif

That may well be..... although in my humble, Male opinion... most Women absolutely adore... the Male side of things wink.gif
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (ionnsaigh @ 6th May 2011, 10:01am) *
That may well be..... although in my humble, Male opinion... most Women absolutely adore... the Male side of things wink.gif

Yeah, that's right ... I sometimes watch those sites too. laugh.gif laugh.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 6th May 2011, 02:16am) *
Tools rule. biggrin.gif

Should that not be in the Coalition thread rolleyes.gif
TeeHeeHee
A've got a big lead hammer wi' a steel tube shaft. laugh.gif (self made tongue.gif )
angel
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 6th May 2011, 02:23am) *
I had a look in the Old F-F-F-Firm T-T-Topic; which in truth I guessed would be where those sexist remarks would be found (if not in the Jokes Topic) but I'll be buggered if I could find them.
Anyway, how's it hangin' Crewsy, mate? tongue.gif laugh.gif

try reading # 10045 in the old firm thread,
to me that reads like the
"Stay in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant ," syndrome.

angel
QUOTE (martini @ 6th May 2011, 04:25am) *

maybe thats the problem Martini, just to much estrogen now that the testosterone has become depleted . biggrin.gif
wee davy
All this talk aboot estrogen and testosterone. Ah feel as if am missin oot oan sumfink here lol cool.gif

thats a a yella card fer yoo, angel! kin ye no read, wummin?

this is the boys room - unless ye can talk aboot the latest Top Gear episode - or tell us how many saws ye huv!? (always knew that THEE was a wee bit strange) yer no allowed in!

noo - where did ah put that copy ai the 'great mens clubs of britain' year book unsure.gif

benny
Sorry, I'll have to go, chaps. My souffle's burning and ah hiv tae finish ma needlepoint. Whit dae ye mean blackballed? biggrin.gif
angel

Well Benny, maybe you could give me the recipe for your souffle
and as I'm not to good with embroidery
how about a few suggestions,
I just finished a small plumbing job in my kitchen so I've been rather busy.
Crewsy Fixer
Efter a hard days work, I expect to come into the blokes only thread to chat with the blokes, and find that Non Blokes have infiltrated.

Ive got a drum kit.
wee davy
ah - bit how many SAWS dae ye hiv, crewsy? lol
Chrissie
Very cute, Crewsy. You put this out for blokes only knowing every nosy female, including myself, will take a peek. Ah well - just as I suspected. Without women to set you guys on the right path you come up with inane rubbish. It's enough to make us lasses feel superior. But then we knew that already. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Crewsy Fixer
Jist a wee tenon saw davy.a bit girlie really. loads of screwdrivers but. big heavy duty wans.
wee davy
ye kin never huv enough screwdrivers, crewsy.

jings, ah must huv at least 40/50. Mostly use a wee magnetic set these days, wie interchangeable bits. Best fiver av spent in a long while! lol
Its goat two wee watchmakers, and a set ai allen keys, AS WELL! ohmy.gif

how can ANYBODY say these subjects are not without their importance?
thats almost like saying, there's no appreciable difference between oil of ulay,(or is it olay?) and ponds revitalizer lol

inane in bliddy deed!

thats anither yella card issued! dry.gif
angel
QUOTE (wee davy @ 6th May 2011, 09:51pm) *
ye kin never huv enough screwdrivers, crewsy.

jings, ah must huv at least 40/50. Mostly use a wee magnetic set these days, wie interchangeable bits. Best fiver av spent in a long while! lol
Its goat two wee watchmakers, and a set ai allen keys, AS WELL! ohmy.gif

how can ANYBODY say these subjects are not without their importance?
thats almost like saying, there's no appreciable difference between oil of ulay,(or is it olay?) and ponds revitalizer lol

inane in bliddy deed!

thats anither yella card issued! dry.gif

Davy, is this yellow card a threat or a promise LOL EH
wombat
ah,m buyin a half ton hoist soon,ideal for liftin barrowloads of concrete rolleyes.gif we dae all oor ain mechanical work ,engine ,suspension etc yie can never have enuff tool's IMO biggrin.gif
Crewsy Fixer
Why dont the wummin invent something thats useful, like a lightbulb or a phone, even a telly.

Whos got a shed, Ive not but I want a shed. Im going to build one myself. because there is no way that any of the wumminfolk in my life could, or would want to, build me a shed.

I remember the first time I saw mrs Crewsys glasses off, and said godsake you look 10 years younger without your glasses on.

I suffered for that one honest remark.
Glasgow Girl
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 6th May 2011, 12:54am) *
Where did you find the complaining post?

It wasn't a complaint, just an observation. smile.gif
wee davy
Av goat a shed, crewsy - bit be careful what you wish fer - its currently being raided by my legal spouse, and be slowly but surely transported up into the loft! lol

(ahm sure its only because she knows ah dont like gawin up in lofts)

Ah might be able tae rescue ma tools (no that their really needed any mair mind hahahaha) - keep ye posted wink.gif

bet you were lucky no tae get the half pretzel fer the glasses wan! laugh.gif

## glasgow girl
(ah spotted ye slipping wan in there, glasgow girl! thats three yella cards in 33 posts - at least yooz lassies that ur posting are being honest aboot taking a sneaky peek lol)
benny
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 7th May 2011, 12:59am) *
Why dont the wummin invent something thats useful, like a lightbulb or a phone, even a telly. . . .

It's a little known fact that it wis a wummin that invented the muzzle, but she went an spoiled her idea by insistin it could only be used fur dugs. smile.gif
Glasgow Girl
Nothing sneaky about me wee davy.......

Mr. Dunvegan is quite the gentleman, isn't he? wub.gif
Dunvegan
As for tools; I was a ships Joiner and for many years a lines service man and fault locator for Telecom. I am also a a tool freak and when being asked if I need assistance in a tool store always reply;
"if you see me going for my credit card, hit my wrist with a stillson wrench"
As I rebuilt my first house and did all work except electrical I have a foll gamut of tools; mechanical, more wood work tools than you can poke a bent stick at, gardening tools that go beyond needs, model making tools, and I am going to Sydney next week to look at some more. I am also thinking of trying to get treatment for this condition. My wife because I make and repair everything does not object to me buying tools.
I do need help!!!!
wee davy
lol ahh wunner if there are special clinics oot there fer this condition?

it kin certainly lighten yer pocket!

you kin go oot fer a new screwdriver - and come back wi a chain saw - ask THEE lol laugh.gif (or in my case, a new cordless drill rolleyes.gif )
Dunvegan
QUOTE (wee davy @ 7th May 2011, 07:34pm) *
Av goat a shed, crewsy - bit be careful what you wish fer - its currently being raided by my legal spouse, and be slowly but surely transported up into the loft! lol

(ahm sure its only because she knows ah dont like gawin up in lofts)

Ah might be able tae rescue ma tools (no that their really needed any mair mind hahahaha) - keep ye posted wink.gif

bet you were lucky no tae get the half pretzel fer the glasses wan! laugh.gif

## glasgow girl
(ah spotted ye slipping wan in there, glasgow girl! thats three yella cards in 33 posts - at least yooz lassies that ur posting are being honest aboot taking a sneaky peek lol)

In our town there is "The Mens Shed"; not a pub, but a fully equiped workshop, voluntarily operated, where those who dont have sheds, or can't afford to buy the tools, can use this facility at very little cost to go to and repair, make things, use up scrap materials and basically get away from it all. It's a bloke thing, but it in many ways reinforces family life and social values.
Glasgow Girl
QUOTE (Crewsy Fixer @ 6th May 2011, 11:59pm) *
Why dont the wummin invent something thats useful

Martha Coston
Signal flares used by ships, 1826-1904

Dr. Grace Murray Hopper
COBOL computer language, 1906-1992

Gertrude Belle Elion
Anti-Leukemia drugs, 1918-1999

Mary Anderson invented the windshield wiper. Anderson was issued a patent for the wipers in 1905.

Marie Curie also known as Madame Curie discovered radium and furthered x-ray technology.

Dorothy Hodgkin used x-rays to find the structural layouts of atoms and to discover the overall molecular shape of over 100 molecules including: penicillin, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and insulin.

Lastly, a particularly useful device.....Mary Phelps Jacob invented the bra.

I think that's enough to be going on with huh? tongue.gif
wee davy
wee davy likes the idea of a 'men's shed'. smile.gif

when i was in the mob we had the motor club fer that. awe the tools ye wid ever need in there - even spare gearboxes etc all for the price ai a cup a tea/coffee. great days.

Anne1
Impressive list Glasgow Girl biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
wee davy
right thats three strikes and yer oot glasgow girl
its either an honorary membership card, or a red? which is it lol? wink.gif

hey - where did you come frae, annwan? lol

Dr. Grace Murray Hopper
COBOL computer language, 1906-1992

Ahh jist KNEW it! lol
Glasgow Girl
Ach, ye'd better chuck me oot wee davy, I'll only put people aff.... I'm not the most popular girl on this here board for some reason! rolleyes.gif wink.gif
Glasgow Girl
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 7th May 2011, 10:01am) *
Impressive list Glasgow Girl

Oooo there's mere Anne, there's mere! I'm tryng to be good though....... wink.gif
Anne1
Go for it girl go biggrin.gif
wee davy
popularity is a very transitory thing, gg. I think you already know that, though lol we'll let ye aff, jist this wance cool.gif
Glasgow Girl
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 7th May 2011, 10:07am) *
Go for it girl go biggrin.gif

Ya naughty bisom! don't encourage me! rolleyes.gif Just for you hen...

Click to view attachment

QUOTE (wee davy @ 7th May 2011, 10:10am) *
we'll let ye aff, jist this wance

Shucks.......ta muchly..... wub.gif
benny
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 7th May 2011, 11:01am) *
Impressive list Glasgow Girl biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

An impressive list? Wimmin constitute hauf the human race, an aw Glasgow Girl can come up wi is hauf a dozen wimmin that hiv actually done somethin other than natter aboot weans an curtains. As well as makin 99% of all inventions, aw the important wans were made by men. Canned beer, big screen tellies, fitba, fast cars - you name it, it wis a man that dunnit. biggrin.gif
Glasgow Girl
Oh no Benny, I could've came up with much much more....didn't wanna take over the thread though wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.