Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celtic Football Club
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
hubert
QUOTE (auldbutcher @ 12th Jan 2011, 11:46pm) *
Hi hubert same auld crap the board hums an haws at setting a price fer big Eric a proven goal scorer ,then fritter awie a fortune on a wee male model who is noo in his dottage .

Tonights helping o mince now hands the gers the driving seat agin ,i looked at the team line up the night and had a deep sense o foreboding and that proved tae be the case ,no strikers fit at the moment wee lennie fartin aboot wie male models ,the board as usual frugal tae the extreme there disnae seem tae be any kind o direction mapped oot tae take us forward i think the boards chucked it .

Like you say amigo its gonna be a longgggg longgggg season

Ok ab I will start with the Celtic BOARD, because in my opinion they ARE a disgrace.
Also ab it was last season early on I said it was going to be a looooooooooooooong season not this season, and I was correct.
First off I had to be at the airport my wife came in just before noon my time, so I only saw ten minutes of the first half, and 40 minutes of the second half, the streaming froze just before Celtic equalized so I missed that goal.
The way things are this season its hard to blame Lennon alone where it was easy to blame Mowbray alone last season.
You see watching the fitba nonsense against Hamilton, once again I see a Lennon hodge podge team, which for me results in hodge podge fitba.
The players are not organized, the team is not organized, and in my opinion the Celtic Club is not organized.
This in reverse I see a club badly manage by an inept BOARD, which includes everything eg, negotiating signatures from quality players.
I see a manager/coach that still has not got an organized first team on the park on a regular basis.
Lastly I see players that really dont or cant combine on a regular basis and put the ball into the opponents goal often enough.
Not only is Walter Smith and Rangers in the driving seat, presently I can only see them Rangers losing the SPL title this season, not Lennon and Celtic taking it from them.
hubert
I find it extremely difficult to be positive about Celtic.
Heres a few things I was thinking watching the Hamilton game.
Wilson at right back to me is more average than actually being average, in other words how ordinary can a player be as a professional be and getting paid to play professional fitba?
Majstorovic does fairly ok as a defender, but let me say this, on dead balls going into the opponents goal area including corner kicks, he is the worst I have ever seen in my entire life, trying to score with his heid he is an added defender for the opposition, his attempts are futile, pathetic, atrocious, in fact this is how bad he is, Booboo Balde is even better on attempts at scoring and he was useless.
Young Forrest and McGinn wont make it, sorry for they are young, but thats my opinion.
McCourt was bad yet he can at least do something with the ball on occasion, so also can Izaguerri.
Thats enough from me the noo, things are once again looking bleak.
Watching the officiating I will once again say what I have done for many many years, Celtic should get out of Scottish fitba.
hubert
Must set the alarm for the Hibs game the morra, KO is 4 am my time!
Not sure what the hodge podge starting lineup will be, we shall see!
hubert

http://www.celticfc....ry.php?item=544

hubert
Hibs 0 Celtic 3.
Virtually all of the first half was dull to say the least until Celtic got their goal just before halftime, then Celtic dominated the second half, although it was a very poor Hibs team.
Again I still dont see why many Tic fans have high hopes for young Forrest, he doesnt do it for me.
I have said about Majstorovic that he is the worst header of a ball attempting to score from dead ball situations I have ever seen, again he missed a sitter that was a foul for Celtic played into the Hibs goal! LoL
Kayal was verygood again as was Izaguirre, Kayal was getting bumped around a bit by the Hibs players.
Fitba wise there isnt much to comment on Hibs being so poor, thought the referee had a decent game!
Forster 7
Wilson 6
Rogne 6.5
Majstorovic 6.5
Izaguirre 7 MOTM
Forrest 5.5
Kayal 7
Brown 6
McCourt 6
Stokes 7
Hooper 6.5
auldbutcher
Thanks fer the update on the geme amigo i took my wee granson oot fer a wee bit shopping .

He's a red hot gers supporter plays fer a team himsel and fer an 8 year auld he is very hip in his reading o ah geme didnae want him sniggering at the dross i had witnessed in the first hauf wink.gif tongue.gif
auldbutcher
Hi agin huebert wee bit good news fer you, Aston Villa boss G Houllier is set fer a cross border raid, gers Mcgregor, dundee u ,goodwillie, an wait fer it amigo Celt's BROONIE jasus i live in hope ''don't know how much he wants tae take him aff oor hands but am stertin a fund wie 100 can ah put you doon fer a grand amigo'' tongue.gif wink.gif iweis look on the sunny side o life hummm hummmmm
hubert
QUOTE (auldbutcher @ 16th Jan 2011, 10:46am) *
Hi agin huebert wee bit good news fer you, Aston Villa boss G Houllier is set fer a cross border raid, gers Mcgregor, dundee u ,goodwillie, an wait fer it amigo Celt's BROONIE jasus i live in hope ''don't know how much he wants tae take him aff oor hands but am stertin a fund wie 100 can ah put you doon fer a grand amigo'' tongue.gif wink.gif iweis look on the sunny side o life hummm hummmmm

Chances are it wont happen about Brown ab sure wish he was gone, to me it would be the equivalant of signing a good yin.
I would like to see Ljungberg start to see if he can cut it in the SPL, but Lenny is picking the team and he is a fan of Brown which is very scary!
Naw nae grand from me ab it would not get used properly by those running the club.
When I saw Kevin Philips name about a striker, it proves things have been bad with this BOARD, and are getting worse!
I am numb to names being touted and the hodge podge fitba getting played, so its business as usual awe the time noo!
hubert
Celtic 1 Aberdeen 0.
The result is suitable and the three points are very welcome, however Celtic are regular at making a heavy go at getting suitable results, and of course some unsuitable.
Celtic started off playing good fitba and controlled the game, but during most of the play the final ball as per usual was often a disgrace, yes I feel that strong about some of the poor combining and terrible passing to each other.
Forster 7
Wilson 7
Rogne 7
Majstorovic 6
Izzaguirre 7 MOTM
McGinn 5.5
Brown 6
Kayal 6.5
McCourt 6
Hooper 6.5
Stokes 7

Referee 7
Aberdeen 6
hubert
Sol Campbell eyes Celtic move | The Sun |Sport|Football
hubert
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory.php?item=587

R.I.P. Alec.

Alec Boden signed for Celtic from St Mary`s boys guild Duntocher, my father was from Duntocher and I went to St Mary`s primary school there a couple of years, he had a brother that was a big centre forward but I cant remember his first name, and who he played for.
hubert
Cannae wait Celtic v Hearts the day, going to be very interesting, not sure who Lenny will play in the back middle or for that matter what his team will be.
Read Wallace, Hearts leftback has Wigan looking at him, yet I dont rate the guy, I will be watching him.
Will be watching Brown as well, will he pick up a caution, another yellow card?
hubert
Celtic 4 Hearts 0.
Verygood win, Celtic were all over Hearts in the first 20 minutes, and young Forrest scored a beauty in 7 minutes from a pass from yes believe it or not Brown.
Since Nakamura left I have been hoping for another top notch fitba player, and he is at Celtic right now, Izzaguirre.
Forster 7
Wilson 7.5
Rogne 7.5
Mulgrew 7
Izzaguirre 8 MOTM
Forrest 6 McCourt 6.5
Brown 6.5
Kayal 7
Ledley 6.5
Hooper 6.5
Stokes 7.5

Refree 4.5
Hearts 6
hubert
Aberdeen v Celtic Saturday semi final insurance cup.
hubert
Date: 27 January 2011
By ALLAN MACKIE
DERBY County have accepted a bid from Celtic for Scotland international Kris Commons.

• Commons was also a target for Rangers but failed to agree personal terms with the Ibrox club

The Parkhead club's Old Firm rivals Rangers ended their interest in signing Commons on Wednesday and the 27-year-old forward is now poised for talks at Parkhead.

A fee in the region of 300,000 is believed to have been agreed for the sale of Commons, who is out of contract at Derby at the end of the season.

Last night Celtic boss Neil Lennon confirmed his interest in the winger. He told The Sun: ""Commons is an option. He's a name that's been linked with us for a while ... Maybe we can say more later in the week."

Today Rams chief executive Tom Glick told the Derby Telegraph that the Championship outfit had accepted Celtic's bid.

"We have received and accepted a bid from Celtic for the transfer of Kris and we have given both the player and Celtic permission to talk personal terms," he said.

"We understand that should be happening very soon, if it has not already happened. I do not know the timetable but I expect Kris will be in Glasgow on Thursday."

hubert
I dont know how good Kris Commons is, but Celtic need a winger, we young Forrest who is injured again, Shaun Maloney is always injured, young McGinn doesnt do it for me, so chances are we can use this guy Commons!
hubert
That referee Euan Norris I think was his name in the Celtic 4 Hearts 0 game.
They can say I am paranoid awe they want, but that referee was a disgrace in the first half especially trying to help Hearts get into the game, however early on in the second half when it was obvious Hearts were in for a hiding he almost appeared nuetral!
hubert
I dont know the guy Kris Commons, but I am very pleased he has signed, in fact could it be the BOARD are actually wakening up, thats two good signings possibly Ljungberg and Commons, for this I reckognise the BOARD!
weeshuggie
freddie has been a complete dud so far and I can't see it changing.
hubert
QUOTE (weeshuggie @ 27th Jan 2011, 08:26pm) *
freddie has been a complete dud so far and I can't see it changing.

Not sure how you can determine that since he hasnt had much chance at the club yet, if he gets to start a game, he will do well!
hubert
Another player that I believe is good is Jaurez, and he hasnt had much of a chance either, dont know if you have ever been a sub and came into a game weeshuggie, it is not easy getting into the flow of the game, certainly different from starting in a game!
hubert
Aberdeen 1 Celtic 4.
The first half was no contest, and in the second half Celtic certainly came onto the park, but sure didnae look like scoring.
It wasnt a game of the proverbial two halfs for me it was a game where two different Celtic teams played in the two halfs.
Anyhoo into the final.
Verygood start for new signing Commons, he scored in about 5 minutes after the game started.

Forster 6.5
Wilson 6.5
Rogne 6.5
Mulgrew 7
Izzaguirre 7
Commons 6.5
Kayal 6
Brown 6
Ledley 6.5
Stokes 6.5
Hooper 6

Referee 7
Aberdeen 6
auldbutcher
Hi huebert hivnae had much o a chance tae post here, since you have been on this thread mair often the auld butch is number wan enemy lovin every minute o it and yes this was a good result the geme was sewed up in the first hauf wee lennie wie an eye tae the future telt them tae take there fit aff the peddle wie we goin the noo we might end up toasting each other wie the treble sewed up. by fer noo butch
hubert
Butch the new guy Commons may have got the Insurance cup MOTM not sure.
However I think I know why Brown got the official website MOTM, because what I saw with him was the usual, poor shooting rarely makes a a clever pass, and his ball control is virtually non existant.
He is still at the in your face mode, of course thats him, he winked to an Aberdeen player but didnae kiss him!
Thats us in the final, things appear to be improving fitba wise, however there are important games ahead!
hubert
The referee Craig Thomson had a good game, now theres a surprise!
Tuesday Celtic play a league game at Aberdeen, will the referee in that game do well?
hubert
Well the January windae is closed and once again another season with no needed signings in it.
Needed of course is the mid central backs that were unabled to be signed by Lawwell and the rest of the inept Celtic BOARD!
From the very beginning of the season I said Lennon was handicapped by THOSE running the club, and from what I currently see Lennon has done fairly well lately with the squad and team, and important tough games are still to come, in other words theres plenty to play for.
Today should be very interesting up at Aberdeen.
hubert
Aberbeen v Celtic: Neil Lennon focused on 'massive' match. The Scotsman site.
Published Date: 01 February 2011
By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

Scott Brown, Beram Kayal and Anthony Stokes are the trio walking a tightrope but Lennon does not intend to leave any of them out.

All three have been instrumental in Celtic's eye-catching recent run with

Stokes, scorer of seven goals in his last five games, now producing the kind of form Lennon hoped for when he signed the forward from Hibs last August.

"Anthony is an instinctive goalscorer," observed Lennon, "but at the moment you can see there is more to his game, there is a sharpness and maturity to his play that wasn't evident in the earlier parts of the season. That comes with confidence in a young player.

"He can develop his link-up play, his awareness and appreciation of what's around him at times, but he is getting better at that. The better he plays, the more confidence he has. He is a bit of a maverick at times, willing to try things that other players maybe wouldn't do. When they come off, they look great. When they don't, it really annoys me.

"But he had a proven record at SPL level with Hibs and I knew he would score goals. You always want more, though, and I think there's more to come. He's been around a while, so it's easy to forget he is still only 22.

"He has a wee bit of gallusness about him, which I like. I wouldn't want to take that away from him. But he knows he is at a huge club now and the expectation levels are a lot higher."

hubert
Lennon says todays Aberdeen is a massive game for us, and I agree, its like a cup tie, three points are seriously needed, should be very interesting as I have mentioned before! smile.gif
hubert
Aberdeen 0 Celtic 3.
Goodness bloody gracious what was that all about?
We get a well deserved penalty and by the law of the game an Aberdeen player is sent off all within the first minute of the game!
Celtic most certainly were guilty of a lot of negative nonsense in that game from the first minute up until Paddy McCourt came on a changed the whole game to a much more possitive approach.
Forster 7.5
Jaurez 6.5
Wilson 7
Mulgrew 7
Izaguire 7.5
Brown 6.5 McCourt 7
Kayal 6
Ledley 6
Commons 6.5
Hooper 6.5
Stokes 6.5

Referee 5
Aberdeen 5.5
jojax64
Last night's goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwa4XF96Xo...player_embedded

jojax64
Interesting Spanish article on Neil Lennon:

Scotland, Glasgow – European Scout

Celtic, Glasgow

A team steeped in tradition and a name identified with equality for all. Since the man they call the king of kings left Celtic they have arguably failed to attract high calibre players.

This summer however they appointed a man who has Celtic in his heart. Neil Lennon got the job full time after performing admirably during a caretaker role at the end of last season.

Lennon, or lenny as he is known to the fans, is a man who knows what it means to be a Celtic player. The former captain, midfield power house is now the man entrusted as custodian of the famous club.

Many managers throughout Europe are now taking note of Celtic once again. The club have gazumped many higher calibre clubs over the summer with a few surprise signings.

During the days of Martin O’Neill they were able to purchase players who had already developed. Now with their vast scouting network they are cherry picking some of the worlds top young talent, at a level of money they can afford.

Scouts from our club, AC Milan, Manchester United and Arsenal amongst others have been at there recent games and have attended their training sessions. All reports suggest that this is a club on the up, the key summer signings, unless Celtic can hang on to them, will be at the top clubs in the world within the next 2-3 years if they continue their development under Lennon.

Our own chief scout is reportedly very impressed with Kayal, Izaguirre and home grown talent James Forrest. The youth setup at the club is lauded throughout europe as an excellent study centre for youths.

The club will be sending a charge of coaches over to study the techniques that Neil Lennon has implemented into the club. The style of play that Lennon has introduced is being lauded throughout Europe by the top coaches in the game. At a recent coaching convention in Zurich Celtics transformation over the last 6 months has been held up as a way clubs should work.

Time will tell if the club will continue to progress at a rate that should see them return to their rightful place amongst the elite clubs of europe. As mentioned by the top coaches in Europe at the recent meeting in Zurich the similarities between Lennon and our own Gaurdiola are striking. Earmarked as one of the top 10 young coaches in Europe, Celtic are on the way up with this man.
hubert
Well jojax much as I like Kayal and Izaguirre also Jaurez is no slouch I really at this time and place in the procedures find this article I bit highfalutin.
For me Lawwell is the poor negotiator and I find the BOARD a handicap for Lennon, who lately seems to be trying to have a steady regular first team playing each game now, it sure took long enough, and there are still big games ahead.
We shall see for the squad is getting stronger and he has plenty players to pick from irrespective of injuries, however that is the key element picking the right team and subbing accordingly when needed, subbing Mc Court was a prime example of that in the Aberdeen game I thought!
jojax64
Despite all the spiteful criticism he gets from the media, I have been more than a little surprised by Lennon. I thought he would be a stop-gap manager, but he is turning out to be the new kid on the block.
The last 2 outings at Ibrox have been encouraging. Celtic just don't look like a side that will accept defeat right now. Down to 10 men, I couldn't believe we put 2 up front and pushed on the full-backs after getting back to 2-2.
So much stronger than BTM's side. Lenny seems to have the MON factor about him, without being able to spend big bucks on players. The replay should be quite a spectacle.
hubert
QUOTE (jojax64 @ 8th Feb 2011, 01:17pm) *
Despite all the spiteful criticism he gets from the media, I have been more than a little surprised by Lennon. I thought he would be a stop-gap manager, but he is turning out to be the new kid on the block.
The last 2 outings at Ibrox have been encouraging. Celtic just don't look like a side that will accept defeat right now. Down to 10 men, I couldn't believe we put 2 up front and pushed on the full-backs after getting back to 2-2.
So much stronger than BTM's side. Lenny seems to have the MON factor about him, without being able to spend big bucks on players. The replay should be quite a spectacle.

Not sure why you are saying spiteful criticism, I know for me Lenny was not playing a regular first team starting games for long enough, and now he seems to be doing that barring injuries.
The team and squad are getting there by Scotland standards, however there are still important games still to play for and achieve and I am also looking forward to the replay.
Two factors that for me are a concern, and due to the inept BOARD in my opinion, we need at least one central back, Majstorovic makes me nervous watching him, and the other is we need a killer striker on a par at least with Robbie Keane.
hubert
Under the circumstances that was an outstanding performance from Celtic, however we once again dominated yet didnt put the game away, and of course we played with ten men most of the game.
Even when playing verygood fitba and dominating we are prone to make bad mistakes that have bearings on the results often.
I.e. Majstorovic in Rangers first goal did not clear out a ball from the back properly in fact it went straight to a Rangers player and before you know it Rangers get a goal.
Then Commons not being alert losses the ball in midfield and Rangers are through then a penalty, and their second goal.
Never thought I would be saying this but I give Scott Brown MOTM.
On the penalty they got it was a dive, however there was contact as Naismith deliberatly made sure of that, in a case like that most refs would give a penalty.
In giving ratings I want to give high marks for the result, yet silly poor mistakes have me thinking otherwise, anyhoo its the way I see it.
Forster 6
Wilson 7
Majstorovic 6
Mulgrew 6
Izaguirre 7
Brown 7.5 MOTM
Kayal 6
Ki 6
Ledley 6
Commons 6
Hooper 6

Referee 6.5
Rangers 5
hubert
Neil Lennon got manager of the month for January, well done Lenny!
hubert
Lennon says being Celtic boss, is worth the death threats!
auldbutcher
Sorry troops i had fergot aboot wur ain wee chit chat room yep Lenny deservedly got manager o the month and yes i agree wie hubert aboot the board hodin a good man back jj yer right i masel thought it wis too early an appointment ,but this guy is growing in stature week efter week ,Big Jock widda been proud o whit ever lennie telt the players at hauf time .

On the subject o big Jock did either o you two read aboot the filth the rangers women midfielder spouted on line on the day o the auld firm match, Jock knew ,wee scum bag wis pulled up by the powers that be at Ibrox ,which brokers the question what kind o environment wis this wee lassie brought up in to hate like that ,jasus she's only a kid . Jasus wept.
hubert
Chris Jack
11 Feb 2011
Neil Lennon today cooled the euphoria that has developed off the back of Celtic’s three-month unbeaten run and said: “We’ve won nothing yet.”
The Parkhead boss has guided his side on a 15-game sequence without defeat, the last loss coming against Hearts at Tynecastle on November 10.
Celtic are five points clear at the top of the SPL, albeit having played two more games than Rangers, and also face their major rivals in a last-16 Scottish Cup replay and the Co-operative Cup final next month.
But while delighted with the efforts and desire shown by his players, the man who won all the major domestic prizes as a player knows that it’s silverware in the trophy room come the end of May that counts.
Ahead of Sunday’s crucial SPL trip to face Dundee United at Tannadice, the Hoops gaffer told Channel 67: “We have a really tough schedule ahead of us, but we are all looking forward to it.
“We are a long way off yet and we have achieved nothing yet, there is a long way to go in the season and even though we are going well in all three competitions, we could end up with nothing.
“We are not taking anything for granted. But we are very pleased with the progress we are making.
“The players are passing the ball very well and trying to create chances and opportunities. The overall thing I have been really pleased with is the quality on the ball and they are brave on the ball as well.
“That said, the expectation at this club is to win things and put a team on the pitch that the fans can identify with. I think we are doing that in terms of the product on the park.
“But the acid test is to deliver trophies – that is the main motivation for not just myself and my backroom staff, but for the players as well.”
Meanwhile, Celtic have opened up new discussions with Greek striker Georgios Samaras over a contract extension.
He looked to be on his way after the club only tabled a 12-month deal. However, talks will resume with his representative shortly.

What I have been saying in other Celtic forums is, there are very important games still to be played!
There was a poll as to how long Lenny would be at Celtic, and my question was to those that said years, what if he doesnt win anything this season!
bilbo.s
OMG - a post all about football. laugh.gif
hubert
Beram Kayal has won January's Clydesdale Bank Premier League Player Of The Month.
Yes he is a good player, the BOARD did well getting this player!

jojax64
Hmmm....player of the month and manager of the month. The signs are good. smile.gif
hubert
QUOTE (jojax64 @ 11th Feb 2011, 06:33pm) *
Hmmm....player of the month and manager of the month. The signs are good. smile.gif

Yes and well deserved!
auldbutcher
Sure its no an honest mistake laugh.gif ,yep congrats tae both wub.gif
hubert
Its going to be interesting as to what team Lenny picks for the game Sunday, although Brown is 50/50 in being fit, he has the two Koreans to pick from, and if Rogne is fit and Samaras, his squad could be plenty full enough to come up with a verygood side!
auldbutcher
Morning huebert i might not be here fer much longer i got a p.m aff the snowman seems he reported me fer calling him a scumbag ses am fer the brothpot tongue.gif anywies if this is my last post on the tic ,remember when houston taelt lennie tae come back when he went 11 gemes undefeated lennie is noo on 15 the craik inthe dugoots will be interesting the day .

by the noo china
hubert
Well ab you did post in the old firm thread words to the affect that snowman must walk on water, in regards to how the GG fitba threads are monitored I was thinking the same way.
Snowman sent me an insulting PM way back, and he openly posts aggressive insulting comments to and about others yet he is still around, no more comment on that?

Dundee United 1 Celtic 3.
The field condition was very poor with all the rain and of course its still winter Scotland play their fitba in, ridiculous at best!
Celtic dominated the first half, and backed off in the second half, something they often do, yet in the end the score should have been a bigger margin.
Forster 7.5
Wilson 7
Majstorovic 7
Mulgrew 7
Izaguirre 7
Brown 6.5
Kayal 6.5
Ledley 6
Commons 6.5
Stokes 6.5
Hooper 6
auldbutcher
Hi pal so so geme the pirtch was indeed a mess first half was good second half dundee u got a grip ,thought lennie shoulda brought on sammy wee bit earlier in second hauf un twere winning everything in the air .

Impressed wie utd's Conway wide left player gave wilson and broon a torrid time still did you rear oor support len has them in his back pocket biggrin.gif wink.gif
auldbutcher
Hi pal so so geme the pirtch was indeed a mess first half was good second half dundee u got a grip ,thought lennie shoulda brought on sammy wee bit earlier in second hauf un twere winning everything in the air .

Impressed wie utd's Conway wide left player gave wilson and broon a torrid time still did you rear oor support len has them in his back pocket biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.