Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Dylan
Well done Thistle for avoiding the drop.
Dylan
Well done and congratulations to Thistle .

A great achievement.
jeep
Jagz,

Have a good time on Saturday. smile.gif

Jeep
Jupiter
Happieness is a Jags Supporter.
Jupiter
clap.gif clap.gif Happieness is a Jags Supporter.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (jeep @ 9th May 2014, 09:44am) *
Jagz,

Have a good time on Saturday. smile.gif

Jeep

Thanks Jeep we will, and i'm hoping we get a bumper crowd.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 9th May 2014, 10:18am) *
clap.gif clap.gif Happieness is a Jags Supporter.

Times like this make all the bad times worth it Joop yes.gif
Dimairt
I hope that Archie will be able to build on this season, aiming to establish the club as a top-flight team as ICT and, who'd a thought it, Ross County, have done.
He did really well in his first season, taking over from McNamara - good Gaelic name that, by the way - and leading us to promotion. This season has been harder though and while we've played good, passing football, the results have often been disappointing - too many winning positions lost.
However, he came through - consecutive wins against Aberdeen and Hibs gave the team self-belief and we can enjoy tomorrow while looking forward to next season.
It has been great to be a Jags fan this season, going to the games with your sons is one of life's great pleasures - especially now that they're old enough to buy me a pint!
'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy

McNamara - son of the sea
JAGZ1876
I believe Archie will be a better manager next season, he has his work cut out for him though with one of the divisions smallest budgets, but i believe he can push the club forward next season.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
mitchell
[quote name='ashfield' date='8th May 2014, 08:16am' post='36674

I guess the next few seasons will be tough, who would have predicted Hibs and Killie playing to avoid the playoff place, not me.
[/quote]

I would have, Hibs would have to be one of the worst clubs in British football.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 10th May 2014, 03:43am) *
[quote name='ashfield' date='8th May 2014, 08:16am' post='36674

I guess the next few seasons will be tough, who would have predicted Hibs and Killie playing to avoid the playoff place, not me.

I would have, Hibs would have to be one of the worst clubs in British football.

Not really wanting to go off topic Mitch, but why do you think that Hibs are one of the worst clubs in British football?

They have a good stadium, great training complex, a large fan base and once Big Tel gets rid of the deadwood and brings in his own players we will see a big improvement in the team.

I hope they beat the tractor drivers today, so good luck to the Hibees.
ashfield
JAGZ, I'm glad Thistle have kept the faith with their manager (unlike some others I could mention rolleyes.gif ). Getting a decent team on the park is not just about the manager and Thistle have a good record of having sensible chairmen. You're right about the budget, it's a tight market for the kind of players they can afford.

McCall and McInnes have probably done best at picking up good value players over the last few seasons. As you say, Butcher will sort out the playing side of Hibs when he repairs the damage done by previous managers at the club. I'm going for a clear home win at Easter Road.
JAGZ1876
I'm glad the board kept faith with him too Ash, there was grumblings from a section of the Thistle fans wanting Archie out (there still is) and there were times where i found myself scratching my head at some of his line up and substitution decisions, but he is young and learning and deserves another season in charge.
Dimairt
What do you do on Saturday afternoons when there's no football?

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - at the game today, disappointing end to a good season.
JAGZ1876
At least we have the World cup this close season Eddy, so it should pass quite quickly.

It was a disappointing to end the season with a home defeat, but it just showed up where we have been going wrong all season, we can score goals but give away soft goals in return, i just hope we get a couple of new defenders in as i feel if we can keep it tight at the back we can improve next season.

Scarf neatly folded in the drawer until July.
JAGZ1876
Looking forward to seeing Ryan Stevenson in a Thistle top, he should be a good signing, i was impressed with him when i saw him last season, and as we know, he can score goals. thumbup.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Jun 2014, 09:04am) *
Looking forward to seeing Ryan Stevenson in a Thistle top, he should be a good signing, i was impressed with him when i saw him last season, and as we know, he can score goals. thumbup.gif

Agreed, good player for the Jambos last season.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/miscellaneou...4-15_kit_launch

I just wish they had kept the red stripes on the sleeves though.
Dimairt
Sorry to see Taylor head off to England, I really enjoyed his style and appreciated his contribution to the Jags' campaign.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/footba...border.24635356
JAGZ1876
I like the new away strip and with 3 being donated to Breast Cancer Care Scotland it's good to see the Jags are still supporting this worthy cause.

Class Act.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2014-2015/july_2014...land_shirt_deal
Purplefan
Back down south watching the Mighty Altrincham who are now in the confrence premier. Playing some great ex league teams like: Torquay utd; chester city; halifax town; wrexham; Bristol rovers. looking forward to life in the big leagie.
The photos were from last wednesday when we played manchester united under 21s in a friendly. we lost 5-0. We were in awe of their haircuts witch cost more than our whole team.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 27th Jul 2014, 08:32pm) *
The photos were from last wednesday when we played manchester united under 21s in a friendly. we lost 5-0. We were in awe of their haircuts witch cost more than our whole team.

What photo's?

And i asked you on another thread last week and i will ask again.....Where have you been? laugh.gif
Purplefan
I canny da it. File too big.

I didney like Glasgow; so i moved back to manchester.

JAGZ1876
So you only post on the GG when you're not in Glasgow?

And hurry up with these photo's. laugh.gif
Purplefan
Never mind here is a photo of my new bird.
I met her in a chat room and I think I'm in with a chance.
(Although, she could use a shave)
Purplefan
I think I got a couple.

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 27th Jul 2014, 10:23pm) *
Never mind here is a photo of my new bird.
I met her in a chat room and I think I'm in with a chance.
(Although, she could use a shave)

I could never pull classy burds like that. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Nice photos PF, so why did you not like being back in Glasgow, where were you staying?
Purplefan
I was staying in Battlefield and my flat got broke into after a few day.
Noisy neighbours, just could not settle. So I though, back ta where I know best.
I can always come up for a visit.
Purplefan
Action from Friday 1st August at the JD stadium.
Altrincham vs shrewsbury Town.
Altys last pre season friendly before next weeks opener at Aldershot Town.
Alty in yellow. We lost 2-1.
Purplefan
We are not a happy lot on the supporters bus back to Altrincham. We were hammered 3 1 away to Aldershot.
Going to be a tough old season.
4 hour coach trip back.
Ho well. Next Tuesday home to Lincoln.
Dimairt
I'm in Melbourne at the moment and had to get up at stupid o'clock to find out that the Jags had cuffed Ross County 4-0 at home in our first game of the new season. It was worth it.
Off to Perth, W.A. today to visit my wee brother; I must ask him how his team got on in their opening game - he's a bluenose!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 14th Aug 2014, 12:55am) *
I'm in Melbourne at the moment and had to get up at stupid o'clock to find out that the Jags had cuffed Ross County 4-0 at home in our first game of the new season. It was worth it.
Off to Perth, W.A. today to visit my wee brother; I must ask him how his team got on in their opening game - he's a bluenose!

Durachdan,

Eddy

Gutted that i couldn't make the match, but what a start, let's hope we can keep it going on Saturday at Dens Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLAmNSUl...amp;app=desktop

Hope you're having a nice time down under Eddy?

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
irrie
Good result.At least it takes away the pressure of the cant win at home tag that blidhted last season.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 14th Aug 2014, 08:53am) *
Good result.At least it takes away the pressure of the cant win at home tag that blidhted last season.

You're not wrong there irrie. yes.gif
Dimairt

Thanks Jagz, having a great time at my brother's place. Hate to confirm stereotypes but we're having a BBQ at the moment.
Saw the highlights of the Ross County game, great stuff. More of the same today please.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dimairt
In too late on Saturday for the Hamilton game, thankfully. Does anyone know what has happened to the 'We Are Thistle' site?

Durachdan,

Eddy
ktv
its just a blank page now for some reason.....no mention of it being down on their twitter or fb pages
Dimairt
QUOTE (ktv @ 25th Aug 2014, 01:29pm) *
its just a blank page now for some reason.....no mention of it being down on their twitter or fb pages

Thanks KTV, I thought it might have been my dodgy lap-top as usual.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dimairt
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 25th Aug 2014, 11:30pm) *
Thanks KTV, I thought it might have been my dodgy lap-top as usual.

Durachdan,

Eddy

We are Thistle is back on-line.

Durachdan,

Eddy
carmella

oops sorry folks - wrong thread LoL it's ma age.
Dimairt
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Aug 2014, 01:25pm) *

oops sorry folks - wrong thread LoL it's ma age.

At least you've got an excuse Carmella, me and JAGZ don't!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 31st Aug 2014, 03:48pm) *
At least you've got an excuse Carmella, me and JAGZ don't!

Durachdan,

Eddy

laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Good game for my first of the season, i hope we can continue taking chances like we did today, i doubt it though, still it's good to be back.

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Terrific win, looking forward to Friday. ( In more ways than one)

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dimairt
Hoping for some more of this tonight. 'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDDwI8g-4fg

JAGZ1876
Saints win 2-1 with 94th minute penalty......................Will i be glad to see the back of this day. sad.gif
ashfield
JAGZ, I wouldn't bother with the lottery this week if I were you sad.gif
Dimairt
Game of two halves: we controlled the first, passing the ball and creating chances; they came out for a fight in the second and deserved to win.

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
Thought thistle were pathetic a game lasts 90 min Thistle only played in snatches one or two players didnt look interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.