Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
mitchell
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Mar 2014, 08:42am) *
Yes irrie, the Dandy Dons have let us down laugh.gif

Jags this league was a forgone conclusion when Rangers got their erse well and truly kicked.
As for the rest lo this crap that so called SPL it is an absolute disgrace to the mugs that pay to watch those games.
Celtic had this farce of a set up when Rangers got their eres kicked out.
Look at Celtic's record in the past few seasons?
Especially in all the money they are paying to those so called superstars.
Good luck to the jags, remember the 4-1 game a while back.
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Mar 2014, 07:56am) *
Anyway, i have decided to give this game a miss, is anyone going tonight?

Sadly no, I was hoping to get a seat.

It would have been nice to get another yellow, to go with the one yellow and two red I've got in the garden already tongue.gif laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 26th Mar 2014, 09:26am) *
Jags this league was a forgone conclusion when Rangers got their erse well and truly kicked.
As for the rest lo this crap that so called SPL it is an absolute disgrace to the mugs that pay to watch those games.
Celtic had this farce of a set up when Rangers got their eres kicked out.
Look at Celtic's record in the past few seasons?
Especially in all the money they are paying to those so called superstars.
Good luck to the jags, remember the 4-1 game a while back.

Never said it wasn't Mitch, it's just that i don't want them winning it a Firhill, and before anyone has a go i would have said the same if the old Rangers were to have won it at Firhill as well.

To be fair to Celtic though it wasn't their fault (or anyone else's) that Rangers went tits up.

I would happily take a 1-0 scrappy 90th min goal for the Jags thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 26th Mar 2014, 09:28am) *
Sadly no, I was hoping to get a seat.

It would have been nice to get another yellow, to go with the one yellow and two red I've got in the garden already

biggrin.gif

You can get Grey or Black ones in the Jackie Husband stand. tongue.gif
ktv
still tickets left for the thistle ends.

sadly i think it will all end in tears for them tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ktv @ 26th Mar 2014, 11:21am) *
still tickets left for the thistle ends.

sadly i think it will all end in tears for them tongue.gif

Tears for who?
ktv
lol

in an ideal world thistle would take the 3 points tonight (to help them stay up) and celtic would take the title at home on saturday...makes no difference to celtic really and i suppose lifting the trophy at home would be better.

but we both know this isnt an ideal world wink.gif
Dimairt
We all know the old joke that supporting Thistle is the triumph of hope over experience but .... I am feeling optimistic about tonight's match.
I'll be there with my youngest son as usual.

'Mon the Jags!

Eddy
Dimairt
I'd like to congratulate the "greatest fans in the world" for spoiling things tonight. As has become usual, we had to be moved to accommodate them - they can't behave you see.
For the first time in I don't know how long, I was frisked at the turnstile. But hey, some of the GFITW, managed to get in the stand beside us and let off a smoke bomb or two. The mood turned ugly - to be even-handed here,some Jags fans were looking for trouble too.
How did the GFITW get past the stewards? Segregation is supposed to be enforced. Why weren't they immediately thrown out/arrested after the smoke-bombs? Their behaviour was downright dangerous - the old stand is a wooden construction.
We left as it was getting ugly; there were van loads of police arriving at that point.
Next season we should refuse them any tickets for our home fixtures on health and safety grounds.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
One of the reason i decided to give the match a miss Eddy yes.gif
mitchell
Hey Jags at least you scored a goal against them!
What is wrong with so called football supporters those days?
Smoke bombs, aggression, they should build cages for those muppets.
JAGZ1876
The smoke bombs i can't understand Mitch, the aggression, well that's always been bubbling away under the surface, and like fans of other clubs i tend to give our home games a miss when the old firm come calling.
irrie
I stopped going to games against the old firm years ago. Fed up with the abuse from both sides.
JAGZ1876
Not really looking forward to tomorrows game after Wednesday nights defensive blunders, Stevie May and Co could really hurt us and without the suspended Higginbotham up front i don't really see us hurting them at the back.

After saying that, we will probably live up to our old unpredictable tag and win laugh.gif

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Glad we managed to take a point today, just a pity Killie got a last kick winner though.
mitchell
Same goes for Thistle Jags!
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 30th Mar 2014, 01:57am) *
Same goes for Thistle Jags!

Yes, but we didn't take all three points.

Don't tell me the Tractor Drivers are your third club Mitch? tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
Good result for us last night with County being beaten by ICT, so lets hope we can get three points off the Jambos and ease the playoff worries.

ashfield
Good luck for today. My feeling is that it might be a pretty physical game ohmy.gif
mitchell
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Mar 2014, 11:02am) *
Don't tell me the Tractor Drivers are your third club Mitch? tongue.gif

Someone has to keep the fans on food wink.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 5th Apr 2014, 08:39am) *
Good luck for today. My feeling is that it might be a pretty physical game ohmy.gif

It could well be Ash as Hearts continue to delay the inevitable, i do enjoy a good physical game though, nothing like a bit of blood and guts. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 5th Apr 2014, 10:44am) *
Someone has to keep the fans on food wink.gif

As long as we don't run out of pie's i'm happy. yes.gif
JAGZ1876
Absolute sh#@e, looks like it's the playoffs for us unless we can do something in our remaining games but with our defence i don't hold out much hope.
JAGZ1876
I think we can score today but fear that our defence will gift more goals to the tractor drivers than we can score so lets hope Boyd has an off day.

I hate going to Kilmarnock, outwith the ugly sisters it's my least favourite ground.

Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Apr 2014, 11:09am) *
I think we can score today but fear that our defence will gift more goals to the tractor drivers than we can score so lets hope Boyd has an off day.

I hate going to Kilmarnock, outwith the ugly sisters it's my least favourite ground.

It's next Saturday JAGZ!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 12th Apr 2014, 12:55pm) *
It's next Saturday JAGZ!

Durachdan,

Eddy

What am i like Eddy laugh.gif

I was wondering why none of the guys had phoned biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Beautiful day for a game of footie, let's hope the defence doesn't go AWOL yet again.

Dimairt
Hope you enjoy the game JAGZ. If we can keep Boyd quiet, we could win this one.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Thanks Eddy, i think it will be a good game and i think we could just nick a win.

It will be nice to go to a game without a coat on. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to two Killie pie's. Mmmmmmmmm thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Delighted at the way the boys played today, we got stuck in the first half hour but i thought we had gone back to form when we lost the goal, but fought back and deserved the win, hopefully Killie can do us some favours in the remaining matches, a win against St Mirren on Friday and we should be safe. thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Here's hoping we can get the three points tonight, it won't be easy though.

Hope we get a good crowd even though it's on the telly.

JAGZ1876
Disappointed we gave away a soft penalty but i think a draw was a fair result.

Hopefully other results will go our way tomorrow.
Dimairt
Fair comment JAGZ. I thought the penalty was soft but it was our fault for not dealing with their attacks.
I have to say though that it was another enjoyable Friday night game: good atmosphere, decent crowd, plenty of incidents and talking points. I'm a traditionalist, football should be on Saturday at 3.00pm, but I'm coming round to thinking that Friday nights are a good time for ball-coise, as they say on BBC ALBA.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dylan
A well earned result for The Buddies.

I hate Friday Night Football.

Some of us have other things to do on a Friday night. !
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 25th Apr 2014, 10:22pm) *
Fair comment JAGZ. I thought the penalty was soft but it was our fault for not dealing with their attacks.
I have to say though that it was another enjoyable Friday night game: good atmosphere, decent crowd, plenty of incidents and talking points. I'm a traditionalist, football should be on Saturday at 3.00pm, but I'm coming round to thinking that Friday nights are a good time for ball-coise, as they say on BBC ALBA.

Durachdan,

Eddy

I Had to watch it on telly Eddy, the Buddies brought through a good support so i assume the atmosphere would have been a lot better than it sounded on the telly.

The penalty could have been avoided, it was a typical forwards challenge in the box by Higginbotham and the Saints player took advantage of it.

If work allows i may try to get through to Easter Road next Saturday (i can't remember the last time i was there) i wouldn't be too unhappy at getting a point from them.

Ochone Ochone, what's the World coming to when us Weegies start talking the Gaelic. laugh.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Apr 2014, 09:57am) *
I Had to watch it on telly Eddy, the Buddies brought through a good support so i assume the atmosphere would have been a lot better than it sounded on the telly.

The penalty could have been avoided, it was a typical forwards challenge in the box by Higginbotham and the Saints player took advantage of it.

If work allows i may try to get through to Easter Road next Saturday (i can't remember the last time i was there) i wouldn't be too unhappy at getting a point from them.

Ochone Ochone, what's the World coming to when us Weegies start talking the Gaelic. laugh.gif

The atmosphere was so good that even the JH stand could be heard!

Durachdan,

Eddy

possilboy
hope the jags win tomorrow sat
irrie
Hope the jags win too pb. A win would make us just about safe i think.
ktv
anyone know the score between PT ladies n Motherwell ladies the other night?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (possilboy @ 2nd May 2014, 02:48am) *
hope the jags win tomorrow sat

Even omitting George Best, any of those players playing that day would walk into both teams sides today.

I had to laugh at one of the linesman's name, i know quite a few Nobbs from Kilbirnie laugh.gif
ktv
QUOTE (ktv @ 2nd May 2014, 09:09am) *
anyone know the score between PT ladies n Motherwell ladies the other night?

jeez....i just found out PTL got beat 12-0 huh.gif

i honestly thought it would be the other way round
JAGZ1876
I think we can get all three points today if we can keep it tight at the back, lets hope this isn't the day the Hibs players get their pride back.

I won't make it through, anyone else going?

Dimairt
We beat them 3-1 in March, can't see that they've improved since then - three points for the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
1-0 Jags....Doolan 8 mins.

Long way to go though.
Dimairt
They've done it again, they've done it again , thrown away three points, they've done it again. It's still in our own hands though. Today's amazing result from the Jambos throws Killie in to the play-off spot.
Can't go on Wedensday as I'm working but will need several stiff drinks before Saturday.

'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dimairt
Thank you Jesus! x

Durachdan,

Eddy
possilboy
well done to the jags great result we only can get better next season thumbup.gif
Dimairt

All the goals from last night's SPFL fixtures, starting with the Jags win over Hearts.

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m15-1ZKxTlo..._dL5HkD7mwHgEII
ashfield
Good victory to confirm safety in a place that's hard to get results. The secret next season might be to start winning earlier tongue.gif

I guess the next few seasons will be tough, who would have predicted Hibs and Killie playing to avoid the playoff place, not me.
JAGZ1876
Still suffering from last nights celebrations, but now we can have a party on Saturday against County.

Well done the Jags.

Roll on Saturday. thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.