Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
irrie
12 20 inspection at Fir park.
JAGZ1876
I know i wasn't expecting us to win but this is hard to take, scoring three at Fir park and still lose, i haven't seen the goals but our defence is rubbish.
jeep
Tough Jagz. I have a wee soft spot for the Jags.

25 years ago today Jags beat Ayr United with a devastating second half display in the mud.Their goal hero was
Gerry McCoy with a splendid hatrick.He shared the man of the match with Chic Charnley who had an outstanding game.
Happy days.

Jeep
JAGZ1876
Yes Jeep, i was at that game it was a Tuesday night St Valentines night massacre 4-1 at home to Ayr Utd with Gerry McCoy as you say getting a hat trick, both he and Chico would walk straight into today's team.
irrie
Twice in the last couple of weeks we have scored 3 goals and didnt win any of them. Something needs sorted quickly.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 16th Feb 2014, 06:59am) *
Twice in the last couple of weeks we have scored 3 goals and didnt win any of them. Something needs sorted quickly.

With Archie and Paterson both being defenders you would imagine our defence would be the strongest area of the team but the defending, especially at set pieces (particularly corners) is nothing short of criminal.

The defence has been bad all season so i don't see it being sorted anytime soon irrie.
mitchell
I believe that Roy of the Rovers is for sale! biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (mitchell @ 16th Feb 2014, 10:11am) *
I believe that Roy of the Rovers is for sale! biggrin.gif

He's a forward not a defender, anyway we had him as a trialist in the 50's and we never rated him tongue.gif Here he is in action for the Jags laugh.gif
mitchell
laugh.gif
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 16th Feb 2014, 03:16pm) *
He's a forward not a defender, anyway we had him as a trialist in the 50's and we never rated him tongue.gif Here he is in action for the Jags laugh.gif

Dont believe you turned him down.
I read one story where he takes a free kick forty yards out and in his wee thought bubble decides to aim for the cross bar intending for the ball to come back of it towards his own player who would then rise above everybody else and head the ball in.
Thats exactly what happened, and yie turned him doon ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
He was a two dimensional player and could be easily "drawn" out of position and he wasn't liked by the other players...........Fancied himself as a comic apparently laugh.gif
Dimairt
I've just come out from behind the settee after watching the Jags on 'Sportscene.' A good performance and a cracking goal were undone by dreadful defending in the last ten minutes.
However, we've got an easy home match this week against Aberdeen. 'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Hoping for the best tomorrow but fearing for the worst as well, we were brushed aside by the Dons last time they visited so i'll be looking for a stronger performance by the team.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
irrie
Dont think many people give us a chance today so lets hope the unpredictable tag returns if only for this game. We are conceding too many goals laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Feeling more upbeat after your lucky catchphrase irrie laugh.gif

And the sun is out.

Dimairt
Looking forward to this one: Aberdeen play good football, so do we. Not expecting much but will be there anyway with my son to cheer on the Jags.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Dimairt
Sorry, I forgot to add to my earlier post,"We'll win 3-1."

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Unbefookinglievable................I would never have thought at half time i would be feeling like this almost two hours after the final whistle, i won't even have a go at Lyle Taylor for missing a sitter for his hat trick tongue.gif

What a way to get our first home win.....................onwards and upwards.

I may even crack open a bottle or two............Well done irrie thumbup.gif
lubbock
Another brilliant display by Celtic this afternoon,and congragulations Fraser on another clean sheet.A record breaking points total looks on the cards.
ashfield
Well done Thistle. I had this down as an away win (along with most non-thistle fans), great way to get your first home victory yes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 22nd Feb 2014, 09:38pm) *
Well done Thistle. I had this down as an away win (along with most non-thistle fans), great way to get your first home victory yes.gif

Thanks Ash, most Thistle fans (myself included) had it down for an away win, i bet we bust many a coupon today laugh.gif
irrie
Ross County v St mirren delayed tv coverage because of bad language. The two managers fighting and sent to the stands.Both teams should be docked 10 points.Nothing to do with the fact i support the Jags biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 24th Feb 2014, 11:35am) *
Ross County v St mirren delayed tv coverage because of bad language. The two managers fighting and sent to the stands.Both teams should be docked 10 points.Nothing to do with the fact i support the Jags biggrin.gif

Bad language at a football match ohmy.gif

What is the world coming to laugh.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 24th Feb 2014, 12:49pm) *
Bad language at a football match ohmy.gif

What is the world coming to laugh.gif

Were they swearing in Gaelic?

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
I'm feeling confident about getting all three points today, i can't remember when i last said that laugh.gif
Dimairt
After last week's win we should be confident about playing Ross County - we beat them at Dingwall and drew at Firhill.
'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
I would have been happy with a point before kick off, but even happier had St Mirren lost.

Oh well at least we didn't get beaten.

JAGZ1876
Saturday afternoons without the Jags are sooooooo boring sad.gif
Dave Grieve
Oh well all you Jag fans your team is doomed to relegation, super Allie said so in today's Times according to him if Dundee don't manage to get promotion this season there will be no Premier league derby in Dundee, Edinburgh or Glasgow, doomed he said doomed tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
Confident we can get our second home win today, how we haven't beaten them yet is a complete mystery.

2-0 Jags.

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 15th Mar 2014, 09:57am) *
Oh well all you Jag fans your team is doomed to relegation, super Allie said so in today's Times according to him if Dundee don't manage to get promotion this season there will be no Premier league derby in Dundee, Edinburgh or Glasgow, doomed he said doomed tongue.gif

Did Fat Sally really say that?

I thought he would have enough to worry about with his own club than make silly comments about other clubs.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Mar 2014, 12:10pm) *
Did Fat Sally really say that?

I thought he would have enough to worry about with his own club than make silly comments about other clubs.

He didn't mention Thistle just said that there will be no Glasgow derby next season
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 15th Mar 2014, 10:32am) *
He didn't mention Thistle just said that there will be no Glasgow derby next season

Then he is an even bigger fool than i was giving him credit for.
Dimairt
I'm afraid that Dimairt isn't available for spectator selection today as he has broken his wee toe (again) and has been hobbling about for the last few days.
He's under Maggies's orders to rest this afternoon , so that he can take her out for dinner this evening.
His son will be there as usual;he predicts a home win.

Durachdan,

Eddy
andypisces
What Mcoist meant was that there would be no "sectarian" derby's. By the way The jags just went 3-1 up against the hibs in injury time.....yeeeeeeehaaaaa.
JAGZ1876
Well two home wins in a row, what a team laugh.gif

I'm just going to savour the win without being critical of the defending, just a pity Ross County won still St Mirren got beat after being two up so all in all not a bad day.

Away to Caley next week, we can win there again.

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 15th Mar 2014, 04:56pm) *
What Mcoist meant was that there would be no "sectarian" derby

If there's never another one it will be too soon.
JAGZ1876
I'm confident of getting a win today, hopefully the Caley players will still be on a downer after the cup final and Wednesdays defeat at Motherwell.

JAGZ1876
Really disappointed with the result, but at least County, St, Mirren and Killie all lost as well tongue.gif
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Mar 2014, 05:51pm) *
Really disappointed with the result, but at least County, St, Mirren and Killie all lost as well tongue.gif

My thoughts too - a win would have made a huge difference. Still, three points on Wednesday.......

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
I hope so Eddy, i also hope Aberdeen beat Ross County on Tuesday night not just to help us though but to stop Celtic possibly winning the league at Firhill.

Lets hope our seats aren't ripped out unsure.gif
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd Mar 2014, 07:59pm) *
I hope so Eddy, i also hope Aberdeen beat Ross County on Tuesday night not just to help us though but to stop Celtic possibly winning the league at Firhill.

Lets hope our seats aren't ripped out unsure.gif

Nasty nasty your on the wrong thread for that kind of comment ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 24th Mar 2014, 07:59am) *
Nasty nasty your on the wrong thread for that kind of comment ohmy.gif

Nothing nasty at all Dave it is a fact. yes.gif

ashfield
I don't know what your problem is, don't you support standing areas at football rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 24th Mar 2014, 09:05am) *
I don't know what your problem is, don't you support standing areas at football rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

Seriously Ash i have been wanting standing (undercover) terracing for years particularly for clubs of Thistles size where overcrowding wouldn't be an issue.

It works perfectly well in Germany.
Dave Grieve
Caught betwixt and between here, have just found out Celtic can win the title against Thistle but at the same time want Thistle to stay up, so perhaps a draw would be best from both points of view. wink.gif
JAGZ1876
Dave, how can you just have found out when you replied on Monday to the post that i put up on Sunday about the possibility of Celtic winning the league at Firhill?

Anyway, i have decided to give this game a miss, is anyone going tonight?
irrie
Its aw Aberdeens fault.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 26th Mar 2014, 08:15am) *
Its aw Aberdeens fault.

Yes irrie, the Dandy Dons have let us down laugh.gif
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 26th Mar 2014, 09:56am) *
Dave, how can you just have found out when you replied on Monday to the post that i put up on Sunday about the possibility of Celtic winning the league at Firhill?

Anyway, i have decided to give this game a miss, is anyone going tonight?

Auld age ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.