Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Purplefan
Tough game tonight but winnable.
Think 2-1 win for Thistle and round about the 5,000 mark for attendance.

Game is live on BBC alba and also comentary on BBC radio scotland.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 16th Aug 2013, 11:21am) *
Tough game tonight but winnable.
Think 2-1 win for Thistle and round about the 5,000 mark for attendance.

Game is live on BBC alba and also comentary on BBC radio scotland.

I can't remember the last time i was expecting us to beat the Jambos so i will go for 2-0 Jags, and the crowd will be at least the 7,800 we had against Dundee United.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
Purplefan
If we win tonight Jagz then Thistle will be top of the league for the first time
since August 1980.
c'mon the Jagas in right enough.
JAGZ1876
Actually we were joint top of the league two weeks ago for about 17 hours when we drew 0-0 with Dundee United laugh.gif

C'mon the Jags. thumbup.gif
Purplefan
LINE-UPS
Partick Thistle: Fox, O'Donnell, Taylor-Sinclair, Welsh, Muirhead, Balatoni, Fraser, Bannigan, Craigen, Lawless, Doolan. Subs: Gallacher, Baird, Kerr, Forbes, Osbourne, Elliott, Higginbotham.

Hearts: MacDonald, Hamill, McHattie, Wilson, McGowan, Robinson, Paterson, Walker, Holt, McKay, Smith. Subs: Ridgers, Carrick, King, Tapping, Nicholson, Oliver, McGhee.

Referee: Bobby Madden.

Hearts in white
Thistle in usual colours.

Is it ironic that Hearts sponsers are wonga and they are skint?

Doolan, goal dissaloud off Side. spirited start by the Jags.
Purplefan
Attendance 6,540.
4.000 thistle fans rest Hearts.
Half time 0_0.
Thistle better team.

I have been so impressed with Thiste, they have not let Hearts play at all.
Thistle's fitness level is awesome.

Although Thistle's not so comfortable at set pieces.
Purplefan
Penalty for Thistle.

1-0. Muirhead. biggrin.gif

1-1 Walker ohmy.gif

That is so annoying. we should have had 3 points. sad.gif
Dimairt
Came all the way from LLandindrod in Wales for tonight's match.We should have had it wrapped up in the first half and we let them dictate the game early in the second half. That said, I was delighted by our fast-moving play in the first half; my son's pal, a Falkirk fan, thought the Jags were really entertaining.
Their late equaliser was a bit of a sickener, wasn't it? But.....we're looking good and playing well.'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
We should have had the game won in the first half, but i'm happy that we have gone three games undefeated.

I just wish we could get a proven goal scorer at this level as we are going to have to start putting our chances away.

A tough game next Saturday away to Motherwell but i am looking forward to it immensely, my first away game of the season, i look forward to sampling a Fir park pie yes.gif

Nice photo Eddy, i've still not been in the North stand.
Dimairt
Ayr highlights on Jags site.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...3-2014/0608_ayr
Purplefan
It was a good game Are you going on saturday Dimairt?

Hear is the Hearts game (full match)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b037z...istle_v_Hearts/

I can't go, i'm at Altrincham Vs Stockport on saturday.
Dimairt
I'm looking forward to going to a few more away fixtures this season starting on Saturday at Motherwell, then St. Mirren the following week. I'll probably skip the Cowdenbeath match.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - I don't know anything about Altrincham Vs Stockport. How about a few pics and a match report?
Purplefan
I can only get to the cowdenbeath game. wanted to do St.Mirren as
i have not been to the new stadium yet.

I will put up some tonight. We have a game against newly religated Barrow. smile.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 20th Aug 2013, 11:33am) *
I will put up some tonight. We have a game against newly religated Barrow. smile.gif

Look forward to seeing them PF. thumbup.gif
Purplefan
In a very scrappy game tonight Altrincham got bogged down in a lot of midfield play with
newly religated Barrow having a flat back 4 who were quite happy to sit with the bal and pass
it about. In fact in the first 20 minutes The ball hardly left the Barrow half of the field.
it looked like the team Did not turn up; as well as their kit being stuck in a motorway pile up.
Barrow had to use Altrincham Away kit of Electric Blue.
It was the last attack attack of the game that Altrincham finally had the ball in the net.
Altrincham took the lead on the stroke of half time when Lawrie threaded a low shot into the corner of the net. Half time 1-0 Altrincham.

With Clee brought on at half time, Alty were much impproved. The sides then traded a goal apiece in a minute as Perry lobbed McMillan and and Davies netted at the other end (54 mins). After 63 minutes Rob Williams saw red for a foul on Reeves but Altrincham struggled to impose their man advantage as Barrow dominated play after the dismissal. However, Alty hung on despite more than five minutes of added

Altrincham team.
LTRINCHAM (Red and white stripes, red shorts and socks) 1. Stuart COBURN, 2. Shaun DENSMORE (capt), 3. Matt DOUGHTY, 4. Carl RODGERS, 5. Gianluca HAVERN, 6. Mike WILLIAMS, 7. Brian SMIKLE, 8. Danny BOSHELL, 9. Kyle PERRY, 10. Damian REEVES, 11. James LAWRIE. Subs: 12. Scott LEATHER, 14. James WALSHAW, 15. Jake MOULT, 16. Simon RICHMAN, 17. Nicky CLEE.

Altrincham main gate.
Purplefan
Lot of play was bogged down in midfoeld

Barrow players have a bit of a warm up
Purplefan
Altrincham line up against Barrow in Electric blue.
crowd was 872.
Purplefan
Altrincham Moss lane stadium

Altrincham fans behind the goal at the Golf road end.
Purplefan
I forgot to tell you the final score.
Altrincham 2 Barrow 1.
Were top of the league.

JAGZ1876
Good report PF, but you left out an important piece of information...........What are the pies like and how much are they? laugh.gif
Dimairt
Great stuff PF, thanks very much for doing this.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Purplefan
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Aug 2013, 07:27am) *
Good report PF, but you left out an important piece of information...........What are the pies like and how much are they? laugh.gif

You have touched a nerve there Jagz.

Last year the club catering dropped pies in favour of burgers and hot dog. At the last game of the season, there was a huge demonstration and a flag was unfurled. we boycoted the pie huts untill they reinstated them.

We had pukka pies. But i was pleased to see the club listened to the fans and have re introduced them
all be it Holland pies.
The voice of democracy has spoken.

We are very cheap at our ground.
2.50 for a cheese burger
same for a hotdog.
2.00 for steak and kidney or chicken pie.
50p for crisps. and 70p for a bottle of coke.

For a pint of carling 3.00
JAGZ1876
Singing "who ate all the burgers" just doesn't have the same ring to it laugh.gif

For anyone interested here's the Trailer for FIFA 14

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/news-updat..._BSFN3sB80U.kvD

I haven't bought it for a few years preferring NHL but i will definitely be buying it this time as the Jagz are in it.

C'mon the Virtual Jags thumbup.gif
Purplefan
I only have a wii.

This is the new barcelona away kit. I think they are trying to look like The Jags.
andypisces
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 22nd Aug 2013, 11:45am) *
this is the new barcelona away kit. I think they are trying to look like The Jags.

Nice to see barca have ambition!
JAGZ1876
I can't think of any Barca player who would get into our team at the moment tongue.gif

My Avatar is the Catalonian flag with Yes on it.
Dimairt
My daughter teaches in Lanarkshire. She phoned to ask if I'd like free tickets for Saturday's game - well of course I would.
They're for the Motherwell end! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Still going.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Every time we score you'll have to sit on your hands Eddy laugh.gif

By the way, which stand are the tickets for?
Dimairt
They're for the Phil O'Donnell Stand; my daughter is going with her blue-nose boyfriend. That's her out of the will.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Purplefan
I hope Thistle play well today.

2-0 Jags.
Purplefan
According to the website today's teams are:

Motherwell

Lee Hollis, Steven Hammell, Simon Ramsden, Shaun Hutchinson, Stephen McManus, James McFadden, John Sutton, Keith Lasley, Zaine Francis-Angol, Stuart Carswell, Henri Anier.

Subs: Gunnar Nielsen, Paul Lawson, Iain Vigurs, Adam Cummins, Robert McHugh, Fraser Kerr, Craig Moore.

Partick Thistle

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Isaac Osbourne, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Gary Fraser, Stuart Bannigan, James Craigen, Steven Lawless, Kris Doolan.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, John Baird, Mark Kerr, Ross Forbes, Gabriel Piccolo, Christie Elliott, Kallum Higginbotham.
Purplefan
motherwell 1 up sad.gif sutton 21 minutes.

Half time.
Motherwell 1 Thistle 0.
Dimairt
Disappointed to lose after our second-half performance but the damage was done in the first half which they dominated.
Archie's subs all did well and we had them pinned back for most of the second half - we need a penalty box player though to finish half-chances.
Thought the referee had a poor game - not responsible for our defeat though - allowing too many petty fouls and several leg-breaker tackles by the 'Well. the last of these resulted in a booking for our man for protesting too forcibly about it.
By the way, wasn't that f******g drummer a nuisance? I hope they're told it's not acceptable at Firhill when they come.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Purplefan
Just be glad it was not a buzzawalla.
There is no shame in defeat if we played well. I think there is a few surprises still to come in the
old Jags.
Purplefan
I thought you guys might be intrested in seeing the skrill North Table. It is regionalised but Because of numbers, we have a couple of teams from the south. Oxford city is our longest away trip south with workington being our farthesst away trip north. we also go to east coast with North Ferriby. There are a couple of ex league teams that bring a good crowd, stockport game on saturday the attendance was over 2,000. Boston united is always a good crowd and we hate colwin bay in wales; as their manager Frank Sinclare (ex chelsea) stood on one of our players legs and spat on him.We get about the country in this league. I went to 19 Away games including a cup run in the F.A. cup that took us to Shildon in the north and Leek town in the midlands and Bishop stortford in the south. we went out in the first round proper to Burton Albion after a replay.
ALtrincham are a good family club that is a great place to watch football.
And there are no supporters with drums.
1 HEDNESFORD TOWN
2 ALTRINCHAM
3 HARROGATE TOWN
4 BOSTON UNITED
5 BRACKLEY TOWN
6 AFC TELFORD UNITED
7 VAUXHALL MOTORS
8 NORTH FERRIBY UNITED
9 STALYBRIDGE CELTIC
10 SOLIHULL MOORS
11 HISTON
12 GUISELEY
13 LEAMINGTON
14 GLOUCESTER CITY
15 BARROW
16 WORKINGTON
17 COLWYN BAY
18 WORCESTER CITY
19 OXFORD CITY
20 STOCKPORT COUNTY
21 BRADFORD PARK AVENUE
22 GAINSBOROUGH TRINITY
Dave Grieve
Surprising the number of teams I recognized in that league

Purplefan
Another great win for Altrincham. 2-1. Our first league win at Vauxhall
ever.
did not play that well, but the sign of a good side is when you play bad and still
pick up points. On the supporters bus heading home now.
JAGZ1876
Partick Thistle 3 V 1 Cowdenbeath (AET) Christie Elliott (92), Steven Lawless (103). Aaron Muirhead (114 pen).

I didn't make it to the game, but it looks like we got another tough cup tie again, but getting into the next round is the most important thing.

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Mark Kerr, Aaron Muirhead, Gabriel Piccolo, Ross Forbes, Stuart Bannigan, James Craigen, Kallum Higginbotham, John Baird.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, Kris Doolan, Steven Lawless, Christie Elliott, Isaac Osbourne.

Purplefan
me neither. I had hoped to pop up but an extra shift came up .
Must have went into extra time.
WOnder if the crowd was any good?
JAGZ1876
Away to Dundee U in League Cup.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/august_20..._the_league_cup
Purplefan
Away, tough tie, but i think we can do it. I watched the Motherwell highlights
and we had a cracking second half.
I really think 3 points are ours on saturday.
JAGZ1876
Really looking forward to today's game, not only is it a short trip up the A737 to the closest senior ground to my home, but i feel we can get a good result today if we start putting our chances away up front, i won't make any rash predictions as i always jinx us when i do, let's just say i will be dissapointed if we do not come away with at least a point.

Dimairt
Enjoy the game JAGZ1876. Won't be there today but expect us to win against a poor St. Mirren team, even if they are managed by Danny.

durachdan,

Eddy

Purplefan
Just heard.
st. Mirren 1 jags 2.
hope you enjoyed the game jagz.
JAGZ1876
St Mirren 1 V 2 Partick Th Higginbotham (81), Forbes (84).

Most enjoyable game guy's and great to get our first away win of the season, i was beginning to think it was going to be one of those day's, missed chances and several goal line clearances, but once the first goal went in i had a feeling we were going to get a second, glad Higginbotham has finally got of the mark and hopefully we will see more goals from him now.

I didn't get to Fir Park last weekend so St Mirren Park was the first away game of the season, i'll give their pies a 6/10, i had to try two of course to get a proper scientific reading, i may have gave them a 7 if my son had remembered to put brown sauce on them, maybe next visit.

Today's team was.

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, James Craigen, Stuart Bannigan, Isaac Osbourne, Kallum Higginbotham, Steven Lawless, John Baird.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, Kris Doolan, Ross Forbes, Gabriel Piccolo, Christie Elliott, Mark Kerr, Gary Fraser.
Betsy2009
Poor St Mirren - that was my grandfather's team. He was a Paisley man.
JAGZ1876
Their not having a good start to the season Betsy, i hope they finish below us, but i would like to see them stay up as i like away games at Paisley, even old Love St was a favourite ground for me as it was only 10 minutes on the train from the City centre.
Purplefan
I know it is far too early in the season, i have to ask.
Is Thistle good enough to qualify for Europa league?
JAGZ1876
Yes..........................Far to early PF yes.gif
Purplefan
Reason i ask is,i have been really impressed by the team as a whole; technically
i think they are as strong as any of the top 5 teams. Thistle can only improve.
If we beat Aberdeen a week on Saturday. I don't see why not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.