Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Glasgow Girl @ 10th Aug 2011, 09:07pm) *
I didn't attack you Jagz smile.gif

Then Glasgow Girl can you answer my questions to my #48 to your #46, thank you.
JAGZ1876
I got your personal message, but i do not no how to send a reply, help me please. You know who you are.
JAGZ1876
May i take this opportunity to apologize to bilbo.s & Glasgow Girl. When you were objecting to the use of a German word i thought you were having a go at me for the use of the word Schadenfreude, which means, taking pleasure in other pain. I didn't realize you were reffering to Arschloch, as i was unaware at the time that this was an insulting German word (i do now, i suppose the clue was in the first 4 letters) So not being fluent in foreign sweary words i though you were both having a go at me Once again my sincerest apology's guy's.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Aug 2011, 01:51pm) *
May i take this opportunity to apologize to bilbo.s & Glasgow Girl. When you were objecting to the use of a German word i thought you were having a go at me for the use of the word Schadenfreude, which means, taking pleasure in other pain. I didn't realize you were reffering to Arschloch, as i was unaware at the time that this was an insulting German word (i do now, i suppose the clue was in the first 4 letters) So not being fluent in foreign sweary words i though you were both having a go at me Once again my sincerest apology's guy's.

Apology accepted. I thought it clear that I was objecting to the immediately preceding poster´s extremely rude insult, and I was baffled by your response, assuming that you knew as much German as I do. smile.gif
Glasgow Girl
No problem Jagz. wink.gif
JAGZ1876
Thank you, very gracious of you both. Right now i'm off to waterstones to buy, "How to swear in in 50 different language's", i think it's published by penguin.
Glasgow Girl
Oh I wouldn't bother buying that book Jagz, swearing in another language is just as bad as resorting to personal abuse and will only result in one being removed from the board, eventually. Just stick to being a gentleman wink.gif smile.gif
Mathieson
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th Aug 2011, 09:43pm) *
You clearly haven't been reading the earlier posts, when Hubert and the rest of your Old Firm pals decided, lets piss off the rest of the city and attack the Thistle fans. Queens Park fans stand by you may be next.

Don't worry I saw them. It's just when you mentioned the possibility of getting your windaes put in it reminded me of the treatment dished out to Mr Dallas' glazing when he upset the hooped hordes.
JAGZ1876
Sorry Mathie i forgot to say i got your joke about Hugh Dallas, my mind was on the other issue which has now been put to bed.
Glasgow Girl
Maybe the joke that is Hugh Dallas should consider himself lucky laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvug_KQpWGM...player_embedded
andypisces
Sorry glasgow girl but ref assault is not a joke. I used to handle discipline for anyone accused of assault against refs.It is a cowardly attack.We lost quite a few refs who retired because of this and that was a detriment to a sport that was then trying to get a hold in canada...back then the player was suspended for life and deservedly so.
When i was training as a ref i was told that we should not hit back. I told them that the moment i was assaulted they had my resignation as i was for sure hitting back . They laughed and made me a ref anyway.
JAGZ1876
Much respect to the ref, he was holding his own till he got out numbered (whatever happened to the good old square go). He can referee a Thistle game any time. Andypisces, i don't think Glasgow Girl was making a joke about a ref being assaulted, but i couldn't watch it without smiling. When your a ref it come's with the territory.
Glasgow Girl
Thanks jagz....of course I wasn't making a joke about a ref being assaulted. sad.gif

That referee didn't look like he was a stranger to jumping that gate though did he? laugh.gif Talk about taking your life in your hands!
andypisces
must admit he got over that wall pretty fast. I would have gone through it
Queenslie1957
I was 14 That Year.What A day.
jeep
Nice one Queenslie 1957.
Jeep
JAGZ1876
It's hard to believe it's been 40 years, where does the time go.
Dave Grieve
I was in a little town in SA called Springs listening to the BBC overseas commentary,did not believe what I was hearing.
My god I had only left Glasgow the week before surely Celtic coulden't get so bad so fast. dry.gif
possilboy
a couple of memories
possilboy
another
possilboy
one more
andypisces
Johnny Mac was my fav fitba player. The picture above johnny is where i was born the second last close on springbank st.So even iof the JAGS were not the greatest i would have had to support them. My dads cousin too was my uncle bobby henderson who played goal for them
irrie
Hi jags fans. Partick 4 Ayr 0. We are on a roll one in a row. biggrin.gif Cheers.
JAGZ1876
Yes a result to savour till next week, when we'll probably get gubbed at Livingston biggrin.gif
andypisces
welll 4-0 is better than the 4-1 we beat celtic in the league cup final......or is it?????
JAGZ1876
Yes Andy it is, by one goal laugh.gif
andypisces
What a night for the jags. 5-0 against top of the table morton. Friday night experiment seems to work. 3300 crowd. If they had beaten livi last w/e as the papers said they should then they would be top of the league. Cmon the jags
irrie
Same old Jags good win followed by defeat. Still all to play for in this league its very tight. Cheers
Queenslie1957
Happy New Year To All At Firhill
Queenslie1957
One Team In Glasgow

Firhill And You Still Get Thrills tongue.gif
hubert
Hamilton 1 Partick Thistle 0. wink.gif
Queenslie1957
mellow.gif
irrie
Whits its name Queenslie? Must be scottish anyway. Cheers
Queenslie1957
QUOTE (irrie @ 23rd Jan 2012, 05:41pm) *
Whits its name Queenslie? Must be scottish anyway. Cheers

Its Rory
irrie
A couple of decent away wins to start the season. Hope the Jags can mount a challenge in the league starting with a tasty looking game against Falkirk at Firhill on Saturday. Cheers.
JAGZ1876
You've jinxed us now irrie biggrin.gif, never mind i'm still looking forward to Saturday, it should be a cracking game, and Falkirk will bring a good crowd through with them.
Dave Grieve
Do you still get people standing on Miser's hill or has it been blocked off?
possilboy
hi dave its not there anymore they built flats on it the old an the new
Dave Grieve
Thanks for the photos possilboy, nice to see the old ground once again, went to many a game there when we stayed in Fruin st for a couple of years.
it looks like not much has changed to the ground with what looks like the old main stand from the 50s and 60s still there?
possilboy
yes dave i used to stand at the end on the right of the photo and get lifted over the turnstiles when i was a kid and keep my money for a pie and bovril thumbup.gif i remember going to kircaldy to see them playing raith rovers after the game i was outside and big john fairbairn goal keep took me on the team bus and brought me back to firhill a wee photo of the great johnny mckenzie and of firhill in the fifties
andypisces
Johnny Mac was my absolute fave player. I had a wee budgie and i called it johnny mac. He was a great right winger. P)uskas after the game against him and hungary said the johnny was as mgood astanley mathews
irrie
About a year after Scotland played Hungary at Hampden they went to Hungary to play. The story goes that Puskas said that Scotland must have a great team if they could leave a player like Johnnie Mac out.True or not I dont know but I believe it.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (possilboy)
yes dave i used to stand at the end on the right of the photo

If that was your normal postion were you at the game with Celtic when wee Neil Duffy scored with the diving header that he actually punched in?
I was standing in the main covered terracing and like everybody else there good a good view of his 'goal' laugh.gif
ceader bhoy
Dave guess how this is he played for the thistle
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 7th Aug 2012, 07:40am) *
it looks like not much has changed to the ground with what looks like the old main stand from the 50s and 60s still there?

Dave, the main stand is the only remaining part of the ground as you would have known it, the other two stands are new builds, and the south terrace has been grassed over and is known to the fans as The Bing.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 8th Aug 2012, 10:43pm) *
Dave guess how this is he played for the thistle

I never thought i would ever see Chic Charnley wearing a blue jacket and tie biggrin.gif
Jupiter
If there ever was a player who never really reached his full potential I think Chic could be the one.
JAGZ1876
Queens Park 4 V Partick Thistle 5. We Were 4-3 down with less than 4 minutes to go then scored twice before full time, entertaining game, the Spiders can count themselves very unlucky.

If the rest of the season goes like this i'll be very happy wink.gif
hubert
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th Aug 2012, 11:10pm) *
Queens Park 4 V Partick Thistle 5. We Were 4-3 down with less than 4 minutes to go then scored twice before full time, entertaining game, the Spiders can count themselves very unlucky.

If the rest of the season goes like this i'll be very happy wink.gif

Goodness bloody gracious that must have been a sizzler!
I remember PT vaguely, probably best that way! LoL
Was it Jackie Husband that had the great long throwin, and Willie Redpath he was a goodyin, midfielder I believe!
andypisces
great result for "THE JAGS". must have been a finish well worth seeing. Followed it on FB where i got live text updates
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.