Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Purplefan
when do the new fixtures come out, any news on friendlies for thistle?
possilboy
purplefan pre season they play annan Arbroath and Gateshead
Purplefan
FIXTURES JUST ANNOUNCED
Thistle at home to Dundee utd. 3rd. August. A chance to put one over the old manager.
might get to the Gateshead one as it is only 4 hours from manchester.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 19th Jun 2013, 12:52pm) *
FIXTURES JUST ANNOUNCED
Thistle at home to Dundee utd. 3rd. August. A chance to put one over the old manager.
might get to the Gateshead one as it is only 4 hours from manchester.

It can't come quick enough Purplefan i'm really looking forward to it.

Remember we're playing Gateshead in Durham.

4 hours to get from Manchester to Newcastle?

I used to have a car like that, time for a trade in laugh.gif
Purplefan
I rely on national express.
durham, is that where Gateshead are playing this year?
fixtures are on bbc sports.
sat 6th July is the Gateshead game, we don't start till 27th August, so happy days.
Are we getting a new kit this year?
Purplefan
I was at that ground two years ago, when Altrincham played Durham in a friendly.
It holds 3,000 and the club house dose a cracking newcastle brown for 2.50.
The ground, is about two miles from the town railway station.
Frequant trains from Newcastle central to durham. And a taxi will cost you about 3.00 to the ground.
Purplefan
A new years day fixture at celtic park biggrin.gif
irrie
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 19th Jun 2013, 01:58pm) *

An easy start to the year for the Jags biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 19th Jun 2013, 01:26pm) *
I rely on national express.
durham, is that where Gateshead are playing this year?
fixtures are on bbc sports.
sat 6th July is the Gateshead game, we don't start till 27th August, so happy days.
Are we getting a new kit this year?

Start your own supporters bus and get the others to pay laugh.gif here's all the info about the game and the new strip.

http://ptfc.co.uk/home

It's probably me, but i don't like either of them.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 19th Jun 2013, 01:58pm) *

The Glasgow derby is always at the new year.
Purplefan
Not on actual new years day?
I don't like the new strip either.
Dimairt
Great to see the fixtures coming out yesterday; have season tickets at the ready. Well done the Jags, by the way, for the way they handled this: really good deals all round I thought.
Here's a photo I got on Ebay of Willie Hewitt and Bert Kinnell training with a medicine ball at Firhill in 1950. Hope our current squad aren't doing this sort of thing.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
That's a great photo Eddy, a session with a medicine ball might just toughen them up a bit laugh.gif

What do you and the rest of the Jags fans on GG think of the new strips?

Dimairt
We're now featured on the SPL's YouTube page, see link below for three cracking goals. 'Mon the Jags.
JAGZ1876, I've never really bothered about the strip and my sons buy them regardless. I did like the dark blue we started off with last season though, perhaps because we kept winning.

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-QQFLS2YU

Purplefan
In the news today. Jags have rejected a 50,000 bid for striker steven lawless from
dutch club willem ll.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 23rd Jun 2013, 01:30am) *
In the news today. Jags have rejected a 50,000 bid for striker steven lawless from
dutch club willem ll.

Aye right, they can go and whistle.

I'm surprised that William III wasn't considered by a certain section of fans as a name for the new Rangers, it ticks all the boxes and would have rubbed most Scots up the wrong way by honouring his English title. smile.gif
Purplefan
Thistle new kit is up on bbc.
Dont like them, the black away kit is ok.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 24th Jun 2013, 05:48pm) *
Thistle new kit is up on bbc.
Dont like them, the black away kit is ok.

Purplefan, did you not check the link i put up for you last Wednesday which gave you the new strips?

I would have liked a change from black as an away strip, but i definitely don't like the black top white shorts ensemble shock3.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 25th Jun 2013, 11:40am) *
Purplefan, did you not check the link i put up for you last Wednesday which gave you the new strips?

I would have liked a change from black as an away strip, but i definitely don't like the black top white shorts ensemble shock3.gif

sorry jags i use smart tv and sometimes a link don't work.
Thats what i was getting at, black top white shorts, it will be like watching a big bag of licquirish.
i'd prefere just a plain all red away kit. Hope they dont wear it at durham.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 25th Jun 2013, 07:39pm) *
Thats what i was getting at, black top white shorts, it will be like watching a big bag of licquirish.

Maybe we will put a bid in for Bertie Basset?

Take's allsorts i suppose tongue.gif
Purplefan
biggrin.gif do greeves sports in buchanan st still sell thistle stuff?
Purplefan
The black stripe across the chest on the away kit, looks like they have been run over
by a motorbike.
Purplefan
Only 7 more sleeps to go before i go to my first partick thistle in 15 years. biggrin.gif
Gateshead vs jags in durham. biggrin.gif
Anyone else going?
JAGZ1876
Half time Partick Thistle 0 V 2 Gateshead

Not a great start, hopefully things will get better in the second half.
JAGZ1876
Full Time Partick Thistle 1 V 2 Gateshead

Not a great start, quite a few trialists in the side, John Baird scored his first goal for us, but i was expecting better.

Perhaps Purplefan could give us a fans view report if he made it to the match.

The upside is it's good to be talking football again.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
Purplefan
This was my first Thistle match in 15 years and it was very disappointing to see the amount of trialists that were used,First half thiste could not settle. i felt the team could not settle and to go down to two goals was very disappointing.
If Thistle are to survive in the SPL they have to sort out their midfield. Guess as it was a friendly it was to be expected.
Good to be in among the jags fans though, No change there in 15 years. Still as passionate about their team. very impressed with John Baird.
JAGZ1876
What was the crowd and were there many Jags fans Purplefan?
Purplefan
There were loads. I've no idea what the crowd was; bar was busy, i'd say 200 being thistle.
Purplefan
According to gateshead website attendance was 602.

JAGZ1876
We are seeded in tomorrows 1st Round League cup draw and will be drawn against any of these lower division clubs.

Albion Rovers

Annan Athletic

Ayr United

Berwick Rangers

Clyde

East Fife

East Stirlingshire

Elgin City

Montrose

Peterhead

Queen’s Park

Rangers

Stenhousemuir

Stirling Albion

JAGZ1876
Both of our opening home league fixtures of season 2013-2014 have been moved for live TV coverage.

Thistle and Dundee United will kick the new season off at Firhill on Friday August 2nd in a game covered live by BT Sport. Kick-off is 7:45pm.

A fortnight later our home game with Hearts moves from the Saturday to Friday August 16th. This time the game will be covered live by BBC Alba and kick-off is, again, 7:45pm.
irrie
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Jul 2013, 04:04pm) *
Both of our opening home league fixtures of season 2013-2014 have been moved for live TV coverage.

Thistle and Dundee United will kick the new season off at Firhill on Friday August 2nd in a game covered live by BT Sport. Kick-off is 7:45pm.

A fortnight later our home game with Hearts moves from the Saturday to Friday August 16th. This time the game will be covered live by BBC Alba and kick-off is, again, 7:45pm.

Prefer my fitba at 3 on a Saturday but suppose this is the downside of being in the top flight.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 12th Jul 2013, 04:47am) *
Prefer my fitba at 3 on a Saturday but suppose this is the downside of being in the top flight.

I'm definitely with you on the 3.00pm Saturday afternoon irrie, but we had a bigger than normal crowd against Morton when we played them on a Friday night a couple of seasons ago, so who knows, there is a possibility of 5.15pm Saturday evening kick off's as well.
Purplefan
Queens park at hampden.

what a game that was last season. what was it in the end 5-4 to jags?

I'm for a midweek fixture as a good competitive game before the start of the season will do the team good.
Friendlies are all good and well, but they are not competitive matches.
JAGZ1876
Home to Ayr United, although it will be played in midweek 6th/7th.

The Scottish League Cup First Round draw in full:

Falkirk v Clyde, East Fife v Morton, Arbroath v Montrose, Berwick Rangers v Cowdenbeath, Forfar v Rangers, Stranraer v Brechin City, Partick v Ayr United, Stirling Albion v Hamilton, Dumbarton v Albion Rovers, East Stirling v Dunfermline, Queen of the South v Annan, Peterhead v Alloa, Raith Rovers v Queen's Park, Elgin v Livingston, Airdrie v Stenhousemuir.

Ties to be played on August 3.

I don't know what draw you were watching Purplefan?

Purplefan
That was the tie i was hoping for jagz. But I might get to that Ayr UTD game.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 12th Jul 2013, 03:59pm) *
That was the tie i was hoping for jagz. But I might get to that Ayr UTD game.

No problem Purplefan, although either of the wee Glasgow teams would have done nicely.
Purplefan
Think it will be a good game.
Ayr united are playing Rotherham in a friendly tomorrow and have
Queens park in a ramsden cup tie. So they will be pretty fit.
JAGZ1876
And we are playing Dumbarton tomorrow.

andypisces
got an excited call from my daughter tonight. she was out drinking with some of her friends. " Dad" she said "you'll never believe this. i met another thistle supporter. do you want to talk to him." so we had a chat and going to get together for a beer whenever the jags are on telly. Tow of us in ottawa thats fantastic.......lol
possilboy
well done andy you could start a supporters club and meet in a telephone box thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (possilboy @ 13th Jul 2013, 01:59am) *
well done andy you could start a supporters club and meet in a telephone box thumbup.gif

I bet there are a lot more than you would imagine Andy.
JAGZ1876
Dumbarton 3 V 4 Partick Th Full Time

I suppose a wins a win.
Purplefan
were there any new signings in the team?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 14th Jul 2013, 12:41am) *
were there any new signings in the team?

No brand new signings PF, but one of the two trialists was Mark Kerr the former Falkirk, Dundee United, Aberdeen and Dunfermline midfielder who had a reasonably good game by all accounts, so he may be a new signing shortly.

The team was as follows, Fox, O'Donnell, McMillan, Welsh, Muirhead, Trialist, Craigen, trialist, Baird, Forbes, Lawless subs Scully, Balatoni, Murray, Sinclair, McGuigan, Elliott, Doolan.
Dimairt
I'm not happy about moving the Dundee Utd. match to Friday even though it will mean that my youngest boy can manage now.
We should have all opening fixtures, at least, on the same day, same time. What we're getting is our game on Friday night, three games on Saturday at 3.00pm, one at 5.15 on Saturday and the last on Sunday. We'll have variations on this throughout the season.
The fixtures are arranged for a television audience - generally speaking, people who don't go to football. Fans - people who do go - don't count, yet without us there's nothing.
As my Yankee cousins would say, go figure.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - Looking forward to the first fixture and chatting here afterwards. 'Mon the Jags!
JAGZ1876
We are playing a pre-season friendly at Firhill on Saturday July 27th 3.00pm Kick off against Cypriot side AEL Limassol who finished in fifth position in the Cypriot First Division last season.

The date for our League Cup tie with Ayr United, at Firhill, has been confirmed as Tuesday August 6th with a 7:45pm kick-off.

Mark Kerr who scored on Saturday against Dumbarton has signed a one year deal.

possilboy
happy birthday jagz hope you have a good one
JAGZ1876
Thanks Possilboy, i intend to, i may even have a beer or two later on laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Arbroath 1 V 0 Partick Th.

I suppose getting match fit is the priority but i had hoped for a win

The team was,
Scott Fox, Jordan McMillan, Aaron Sinclair, Hugh Murray, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Henoc Mukendi, James Craigen, John Baird, Ross Forbes, Christie Elliott.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, Kris Doolan, Stephen O'Donnell, Trialist One, Declan McDaid, David Wilson, Trialist Two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.