Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
possilboy
great win looking forward to seeing the highlights tomorrow thumbup.gif
possilboy
will we be chasing celtic for the title next year yes.gif
tamhickey
Well done to Thistle. I'm really pleased for the fans. You all deserve your celebrations. See you in the SPL next season!
Dimairt
My son celebrating at Falkirk yesterday.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Jupiter
Clearly enjoying himself Eddy.A wee touch of Suggs in there.
JAGZ1876
You do have to be a bit of a "Nutty boy" to support the Jags tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
There should be a carnival atmosphere at Firhill tomorrow, i'm really looking forward to it, it's a cert the Pars will beat us but who care's tongue.gif

Nice to see that the MSP's have put their party political differences on hold as the Jags get cross party support congratulating us on winning the title.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/parliame...sultsPerPage=10

For the last time at home this season.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
irrie
We have scored enough goals. biggrin.gif Enjoy the day jagz. Hoping to be there if health allows.
JAGZ1876
You're right irrie.....job done time to relax, it's been a long memorable season you take care wether you go or not thumbup.gif
possilboy
would like to see them going out in style and give the fans a great feast of football
Dimairt
QUOTE (irrie @ 26th Apr 2013, 07:52pm) *
We have scored enough goals. biggrin.gif.

Lol, as I believe you youngsters say. My oldest son is up from London for today's celebrations, then it's all back to mine for dinner.(The family that is, not you lot)
It has been a great season, hasn't it? I've also enjoyed talking to fellow fans on this thread.

'Mon the Jags!

Eddy
Jupiter
Hope you all have a great day today at the game.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 27th Apr 2013, 11:20am) *
Hope you all have a great day today at the game.

Why not join us Joop? thumbup.gif
Jupiter
Thanks for the invite.I spent many hours at Firhill having been brought up at Queens Cross but now, remote in hand I alternate between the SPL,English Premier and a punt on ATR and CH4 Racing.
Up the Jags. rolleyes.gif
andypisces
Hi joop i grew up on springbank st. Possibly before your time. 39/60. Jags winning 1-0 at HT ...nice to see
andypisces
fantastic,fabulous,firhill,finish.
JAGZ1876
What a topsy turvy game, still, enjoyed the day out and looking forward to next season already, not going to Dumbarton next week so the scarf can be put away till August.

Well done the Jags thumbup.gif
Dimairt
What an odd game that was: in total control for the first half, then 1-3 down, then a late rally to sneak a draw. Only the Jags,eh?
Had a great time with two of my sons and a lovely celebration dinner at home afterwards.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Purplefan
I love that Thistle strip.
Well done the harry rags. back in top flight football where you belong.
used to support them up till the 1990's, now i support Altrincham. (non league)
Its a great strip butt shame about the bunnett lol
JAGZ1876
48 Hours after their fans behaved like animals at Firhill have either Celtic or The Rangers made a public apology, if they have i must have missed it, had fans of other clubs vandalised their stadiums they would have been going on about it for weeks angry.gif
possilboy
will be watching with interest who they get for next season
JAGZ1876
5 Thistle players in the 1st division team of the year. 6 if you count Jordan McMillan as voted by the player themselves.

Full list here.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/footba...eers.1367494268
possilboy
some old programs
JAGZ1876
What is the top image and what was the year of the Celtic game to the right of the handbook?

Great post Possilboy smile.gif
possilboy
jagz programme 1950 and the other is 1890s badge cheers
possilboy
here are the teams in the 1950 game
possilboy
some more old stuff
possilboy
some more
possilboy
I was reading that the jags x manager has trying to get $40 thousand as a bonus for them winning the league it was him that left what a bloody cheek his he dreaming or what angry.gif
irrie
QUOTE (possilboy @ 5th May 2013, 11:04pm) *
I was reading that the jags x manager has trying to get $40 thousand as a bonus for them winning the league it was him that left what a bloody cheek his he dreaming or what angry.gif

Had a lot of respect for him as a player and as Jags manager but he could have wrecked the season by walking away. As it happened Alan Archibald took them on an unbeaten league run so to me the credit goes to him.
Purplefan
QUOTE (possilboy @ 2nd May 2013, 03:02am) *
will be watching with interest who they get for next season

They are already in talks with Altrincham FC to bring Damien reeves
to firhill.
He is Altricham's top scorer with 41 goal and 9 penalty misses this season.
Last season he scored 45 goals.

He is a great predator and if he dose leave for firhill, i am sure he will be a great assert.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (possilboy @ 5th May 2013, 11:04pm) *

The first fixture i will be looking for when next seasons SPL's fixtures are announced will be return of this odious little weasel to Firhill angry.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 6th May 2013, 12:50pm) *
They are already in talks with Altrincham FC to bring Damien reeves
to firhill.
He is Altricham's top scorer with 41 goal and 9 penalty misses this season.
Last season he scored 45 goals.

He is a great predator and if he dose leave for firhill, i am sure he will be a great assert.

Where did you read this Purplefan?
Purplefan
i was at the Brackely vs Altrincham game on saturday, Blue square north play off and
there was a scout from Partick in the crowd. said he was looking at reeves.

Damien turned down a move to Inverness at the start of the season.

Personal teams were not right.
Jupiter
Has it been notified who Thistle will play first in the big league?
JAGZ1876
The fixture list's won't be announced until June Joop.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 6th May 2013, 04:08pm) *
i was at the Brackely vs Altrincham game on saturday, Blue square north play off and
there was a scout from Partick in the crowd. said he was looking at reeves.

Damien turned down a move to Inverness at the start of the season.

Personal teams were not right.

Is one of those teams your local team Purplefan, plus what was the game like, score, crowd etc, and how did you know he was a Jags scout?

Did he burst into song now and again singing "Mary fae Maryhill" or "There's only one team in Glasgow" laugh.gif
Purplefan
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th May 2013, 05:13pm) *
Is one of those teams your local team Purplefan, plus what was the game like, score, crowd etc, and how did you know he was a Jags scout?

Did he burst into song now and again singing "Mary fae Maryhill" or "There's only one team in Glasgow" laugh.gif

he was sitting next to me and we got chatting, he was scouting.
I support Altrincham now the crowd was pretty decent for a play off game.
1,200. We play in the Blue square north, and our average attendance is about 700.
The price to get in is 13.00 ground, 15.00 stand or a season ticket will
set you back 225.00.
Damien reeves wants full time football and has been scouted for a couple of years now.
He is only part time, but we are resounded to the fact he wants away.

We lost 4-0 (away) so we missed out in the final with Halifax town.
But there is always next season.

we have a pre season friendly in July with Morton wink.gif
JAGZ1876
Thanks for the info Purplefan, it look's a tidy wee ground thumbup.gif
Purplefan
Its my second home. I used to watch partick a lot. Never missed a game for 10 years.
Berty auld was the manager when i watched them. still look for the results.
Is the famous firhill for thrills; Johnston for rolls sign still there?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Purplefan @ 6th May 2013, 10:14pm) *
Is the famous firhill for thrills; Johnston for rolls sign still there?

Long gone, along with Johnsons rolls.
Purplefan
shame.
There was a song connected to that sign.

So, do you think Thistle will stay up next season?
JAGZ1876
The optimist in me say's yes, but we will have to wait and see what the budget will be and who will be coming in an who else will be leaving, but i have to admit i much prefer 1st division games to SPL one's, entertainment wise.
Purplefan
It's always a tricky one.
If you are going to hammered every week 5-0, then perhaps first division
is the best place, but then again if the Jags can come up with some serious money to
strengthen the team, they would have a chance.
They put in some pretty good performances, this season.
But i was not too happy with the midfield, lost a couple of games they
should have won, you can't do that in the SPL and get away with it.

But i wish my old team well. i guess admission prices will go up?
possilboy
this is my x coach at possil ym 1957 to 1963 what a great man he is 80 this week happy birthday bobbie dinnie
Dimairt
Looking forward to the new season, our first in the SPL for a decade.

Durachdan,

Eddy
irrie
Sorry to report the death of wee Neil Duffy. You gave me a lot of pleasant memories. RIP wee man.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 17th Jun 2013, 05:19pm) *
Sorry to report the death of wee Neil Duffy. You gave me a lot of pleasant memories. RIP wee man.

Sad news irrie, Neil was a bit before my time, he was part of the 62/63 that should have won the league.

My condolences to his family.
andypisces
A really good player. Got a lot of enjoyment from him. Thanks for the memories Neil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.