Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
irrie
We are not scoring enough goals. biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Half Time Raith Rovers 0 V 0 Partick Th...........By all accounts we were lucky to go in even at the break.

I will take a point right now unsure.gif
JAGZ1876
Raith Rovers 0 V 0 Partick Th

Hard fought point, but played the last half hour down to ten men after Aaron Muirhead was sent off for his second bookable offence so i'm not too unhappy.

Can look forward to the Cup Final on Sunday.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
ashfield
Good luck to Thistle on Sunday, Queen of the South will provide a stern test but hopefully the cup will be heading to Maryhill. I saw a few games when McNamara was there and their passing game was impressive. If they continue with that style it should not only attract success but new supporters.
Elma
Oh - decisions, decisions! My first team, the Doonhamers vs. the Jags, my second team blush.gif
Guess I'll be happy no matter the result, good luck and good passing to both teams tongue.gif
Dimairt
Just about to head off to Livie for today's game - not used to such excitement. Best wishes to fellow Jags' fans here, hope we'll be celebrating.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Got home from work at 5.30am, now off for a week (hopefully that will be long enough to recover) went to bed at 6.am still awake at 8 (too exited) woke at 11.30am, i have checked the oil and water in the car about three times, will be leaving Beith just before two (times dragging in) got the Sky plus set to record the game so i can watch it when i get home with my box of McEwans Export and bottle of Highland Park single malt (i just hope i'm celebrating and not commiserating) come on irrie where are you?......Don't let us down now..........I,m away back out to check the oil and water again.

C,mon the Jags thumbup.gif
ashfield
I'm just going to watch on BBC Alba, who need commentary anyway biggrin.gif
andypisces
Cant get Alba here in canada but will get the printed details on the jags web site minute by minute. C'MON THE JAGS
Ah well thistl should have won but the QOTS held there nerve in the pens so maybes they deserved it. It was a pity about the thug with the glesga kiss.
JAGZ1876
Absolutly gutted........The worst performance of the season, not one player played anywhere near his best, and Muirhead...................What the hell was he thinking, i don't care what provocation he will claim he had his behaviour is inexcusable, and his disciplinary record is unacceptable.

Well done Queen of the South you thoroughly deserved your win, and well done the big Jags support, except those morons who came onto the pitch when we scored, the carry out is going on ice, i will keep it till after the Morton game on Wednesday, as long as the real Thistle team show up of course.

Off to my bed now, i'm as tired as i am gutted.
Dimairt
Spot on Jagz, our biggest game was matched by our worst performance. Fortunately, we can recover on Wednesday.
I still enjoyed the day out though, with two of my sons, meeting old friends, having a drink with QotS fans before the game and the false hope raised by our late equalizer.

Durachdan,

Eddy
Elma
Wow!!! I'm happy - Queens won thumbup.gif
Sorry Andy and all you others Jags supporters, but us QoS supporters haven't had a lot to cheer about lately tongue.gif laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Elma, the QOS fans had only just sobered up after celebrating winning the 2nd division at a canter, it's us Jags fans who have had nothing to cheer, although that is in our own hands now starting on Wednesday.

But once again well done the Doonhamers.

C'mon the Jagz thumbup.gif
Mathieson
QUOTE (irrie @ 27th Mar 2013, 07:17pm) *
We are not scoring enough goals biggrin.gif

You're not scoring enough penalties!!

But well done Queens for sticking to the task. They were worthy winners.

I wonder when we can we expect Shrek Salmond to start another raft of anti-football fan legislation on the back of the pitch invasion.

And when can we expect a jail sentence for Thistle's Glesga Kisser. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Just getting ready to leave the house with my son's, we will turn up in our Thousands tonight, i just hope the players do too, a good win tonight and all will be forgiven for Sunday.

Irrie, you know what to do.

Sunday was a blimp, tonight's the big one.

andypisces
Weeeeee did it. surely the league title is ours now. we tied with them in greenock and beat them at firhill. Love you Jags
Jupiter
69 Points,are PT uncatchable?
Doug1
Well done to Thistle tonight 69 points and looking good for the SPL good luck !!
possilboy
great result but they must keep up the pressure and keep winning thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Oh yes, but lets not carried away, Airdrie will have got a boost with Dunfermline dropping 15 points, we should beat them but lets keep the carry oot's on ice for the moment yes.gif
possilboy
looking at the stats I see that's the biggest crowd this season great to see the fans coming back yes.gif
Dimairt
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Had a great time at the match then back to mine with two of my sons for a warming cup of lentil broth and a very large glass of Bowmore to celebrate.
'Mon the Jags!

Eddy
irrie
Had a bit of trouble with computer and couldnt post my lucky sentence glad the Jags did not know that. Well done but still got to keep winning.
JAGZ1876
Not good enough irrie you could have cost us three point's, 10 laps around the track then run up and down the bing 10 times in your wife's nightie tongue.gif

While i'm in disciplinary mode Aaron Muirhead can count himself lucky that i wasn't on the disciplinary committee or he would have been out for a lot longer than 4 games.

Three points is a must tomorrow, i would go with the same side that started on Wednesday.

andypisces
I agree about muirhead jagz. I sat on discipline committees over here for amatuer soccer and for the obvious headbutt he would have got a lot more than four games. JAGS will do it without him and hope he learns from it.
irrie
Punishment accepted Jagz. Will be back tomorrow if I can get down from this bing.. tongue.gif
Dimairt
Can we have photos of you running up and down the bing in your wife's nightie? Second thoughts, no.

Eddy
irrie
Sensible to have second thoughts.
JAGZ1876
And i don't know why you wore the pink furry slippers irrie......you just looked silly laugh.gif
irrie
Couldnt find my red and yellow ones.
irrie
Dimairt
Won't be at the game today as we have an early start at Aye Write this evening. I never tire of watching this clip. 'Mon the Jags.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli..._airdrie_united
JAGZ1876
All is forgiven irrie, and Eddy, as long as Airdrie don't score today i would settle for any one of those goals.

I won't be at the game myself so like andypisces, i will be following the commentary on the club website.

Although i would settle for a 1-0 win i predict a 3-0 Jags win.

JAGZ1876
Half Time

Airdrie 1 V 0 Partick Th.

We will have to do better Second Half, we're not creating enough chances apparently unsure.gif

Dimairt
Morton losing at home to Dumfermline.

Eddy
JAGZ1876
We only need to win on Tuesday to win League but will we all get in before the ground full sign goes up?
Jupiter
Well done the PT today.
Dimairt
Great little clip from yesterday's game. What a finish, what a team! We can seal the title at home on Tuesday.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index...nner-v-airdrie/

JAGZ1876
Well tonight's the night, butterflies in my stomach already (or was that last nights curry biggrin.gif ) the Raith fans will be seated in the main stand, but i don't expect many to travel through from the Kingdom, so it should be a cracking atmosphere with Jags fan's on all three sides, i actually thought of watching the game from the main stand as i can't remember the last time i was in it, but have decided against it and will stay in the same part of the JH that i normally sit, i'm not superstitious but i don't want to jinx the boy's.

I will be leaving the house a lot earlier to purchase my ticket so i hope irrie post's before i leave the house, for if he doesn't and we get beat........Like i say i'm not superstitious tongue.gif

Great to hear that Scott Fox Has signed a 2 year extension to his contract, lets hope the rest follow suit.

Dimairt
Like you JAGZ, I'm not assuming anything about tonight's game. I thought our 3-2 win in December was a significant result as it showed we had a team that wanted to win, as opposed to settling for a draw.
I'll be in the North Stand with my youngest son as usual and we're being joined by his flat-mates who want to see for themselves what he's always going on about.
Highlights of the Morton and Airdrie games are up on the club site - the reaction after the second goal from players and fans is just great to see.
'Mon the Jags.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli..._airdrie_united

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...013/1004_morton
JAGZ1876
I hope your sons flatmates become regulars, it's gonna be some night Eddy, remember to get there earlier than normal as i think there could be hundreds locked out, if not more.

If we don't do it tonight (we will thou) we must keep calm, we would still only be one win away from the title.

KEEP CALM
AND
GET
READY
TO
CELEBRATE

ALL TOGETHER NOW.......................CCCCCCCCC'MMMMMMMMOOOOOOONNNNNNNN THE JAGS thumbup.gif
irrie
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 16th Apr 2013, 04:39pm) *

Back of the net irrie thumbup.gif

Just getting ready to go, i'm so exited, i'm sure i've forgotten something though unsure.gif i hate that feeling.
Dylan
Good luck Thistle.

A close friend will be attending with his Son.

Drinks in The Burnbrae after, hopefully in celebration. thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Ok , so the Buckfast's on ice for the moment but we weren't in any danger of losing tonight, were we? Crowd of just under 5,000 tonight, mostly Jags fans, leaving the Rovers fans looking lost in the old main stand.
We can win it at Falkirk this Saturday and celebrate at Firhill the following week. My oldest son is coming up for that one; he moved to Londonshire in February but comes up as often as possible.

Durachdan,

Eddy
JAGZ1876
Total anti climax, but let's get real we will be crowned champions sooner rather than later, we could have been down and out before half time, and very disappointed by the crowd, oh well of to bed.
JAGZ1876
Going to the game, tomorrow but while i have been to the old Brockville many times before, i have never been to the Falkirk stadium, so could any of you guy's tell me what the parking's like bearing in mind there will be a larger than normal crowd?
Dylan
So Thistle finally got over the line and within budget.

Congratulations and well done Jags.!!
JAGZ1876
Yes..............guess who's not going to work tonight? i may not even go tomorrow night, i didn't expect a classic and i wasn't disappointed especially the first half, second half was..... who care's i'm pouring myself a large one while the beer's chill in the fridge, beware, my posts may become more erratic and incomprehensible as the night goes on (no change there then tongue.gif beat Youse to it)

On behalf of the GG Thistle fans thanks Dylan for your kind words.

We're gonna celebrate, we're gonna celebrate, we're gonna cel, we're gonna celebrate.etc......... thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.