Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partick Thistle
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 5th Mar 2013, 06:19pm) *
yes jagz that game was postponed. jags had gone about 20games unbeaten then came the big freeze. they were not the same after it. I still believe that if not for the freeze we would have beaten rangers and win the league

Just a wee bit before my time (football wise) Andy, still, good to see the Jags fans were as inventive with excuses then as we are now, "If it wiznae fur the weather we wid huv won the league", "Jack Frosts a Mason" laugh.gif
possilboy
Hamilton 2 Morton 1 yes now its time to step up the pressure thumbup.gif

Hamilton 2 Morton 1 yes now its time to step up the pressure thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
Hamilton 2 V 1 Morton biggrin.gif

Big thanks to the Accies we owe you one thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Great result for the Jags last night. With two games in hand to overcome a two-point lead, we should be ok but it could hinge on the home match against Morton next month.
'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS thanks for the info re the programme JAGZ1876.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 6th Mar 2013, 04:09pm) *
PS thanks for the info re the programme JAGZ1876.

No problem Eddy, i'm a bit of an old anorak when i comes to football history and stats (all teams).

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, although i think we will win by several goals i would take a scrappy 1-0 win right now.

C'mon the Jags thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Looking forward to the game this afternoon, though the Sons of the Rock will fancy their chances too, having beaten us in January.
It's a real cold day here in Maryhill, so wrap up, lots of layers and have a Bovril at half-time.
'Mon the Jags!

Eddy
irrie
We are not tongue.gif scoring enough goals.
JAGZ1876
Partick Th 3 V 0 Dumbarton, Keep it up irrie tongue.gif , i feel we rode our luck in the first half, Dumbarton could have scored a couple but we improved in the second half when we started passing it about on the deck, glad of the three points but we will have to improve as we have three difficult away's before our next home game against Livingston.

Interesting times ahead yes.gif

Dimairt
There's only one team in Glasgow. Good hard-fought win today, agree with JAGZ1876 about "riding our luck."
The day got even better when I heard the gruesome twosome's results.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS Well done Irrie, keep it up.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 9th Mar 2013, 09:47pm) *
The day got even better when I heard the gruesome twosome's results.

I'm still chuckling........it will be at least Wednesday before my pants dry out laugh.gif
irrie
We are not scoring enough goals biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
Well remembered irrie laugh.gif , i have a feeling we will need a fair slice of luck today as the Accies are more than capable of taking points of us, i will be driving my two sons and a Rangers supporting pal (i've been trying to convert him for almost 40 years but he's to daft to see the light tongue.gif ) through just after lunch time.

My prediction 1-2 for the Jags

We're coming we're coming we're coming down the road thumbup.gif
irrie
Ach some people never learn Jagz.
Dimairt
Tough one, I think. At home - no bother -but away? We were at the Friday night fixture in November where we had 90% of play and possession and lost 1-0 to a bizarre own goal. Hamilton are tough to beat: it took a penalty last time.
'Mon the Jags!

Eddy

Dave Grieve
I think we can say its official the jags have the most fanatical support on these boards , judging by the non existant posts for any other team laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
Hamilton A 0 V 2 Partick Th. Just like last week we didn't perform well in the first half and were lucky to keep a clean sheet, yet again Balatoni scores a header from a corner to give us a undeserved half time lead, but although the second half was less scrappy i felt we just edged it, and Elliott's curler near the end was a belter.

I hope Tuesday's game at Cowdungbeath goes ahead, we should be top of the league on Wednesday morning.

All in all a good day, even if the Ugly Sisters did get out of jail tongue.gif

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 16th Mar 2013, 12:42pm) *
I think we can say its official the jags have the most fanatical support on these boards , judging by the non existant posts for any other team laugh.gif

What other teams Dave? laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
I'm sure i speak for most Jags fans on GG when i wish ex Jag Danny Lennon and his St Mirren side all the best in today's League Cup final.

C'mon the Saints thumbup.gif
Dimairt
Conrad Balatoni is my player of the year.

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCz6QSP5Mg8
JAGZ1876
I haven't made my mind up who my player of the year is yet Eddy, i wasn't too keen on Conrad when he first came on loan from Hearts, but this season i have really warmed to him and his goals have came at crucial times in the games that he has scored so he is in with a shout for P.O.T.Y.

I would have Chris Erskine on a par with Balatoni at the moment, but my front runner for the award so far goes to Stuart Bannigan, for me he has been immense this season he has played in about five different positions this season and hasn't let us down in any of them, he even kept Aaron Muirhead out of his natural position at full back and Aaron's no slouch.

All that plus his call up to the Scotland U21 squad makes him my favourite for Player of the Year.

I'm already looking forward to Saturday's game against Livingston.

JAGZ1876
I hope they remember to turn the undersoil heating on tonight as we don't need anymore postponements.

How is the weather looking up Maryhill way guy's?
irrie
Pitch fine this afternoon Jagz should be all systems go. Cheers
JAGZ1876
Glad to hear that irrie, three points are crucial tomorrow, we must make a good start as in our last couple of games we've been dire in the first half and Livvy are more than capable of hurting us if they are on their game.

irrie
andypisces
3-0 for the jags after 35 minutes. Keep it going jags. Oh and morton are losing.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (irrie @ 23rd Mar 2013, 12:22pm) *

Well done irrie, keep it up Sir.

Partick Th 6 V 1 Livingston. And there was me worried that we could be caught out napping in the first half, the performance of the season, impossible to pick a player of the match, a perfect way for Archie to start his first game in full time management.

It was bitterly cold but who cares, the only down side was that Morton won after being two down, we were talking to three Welsh football fans in the queue at the pie stall at half time who had intended going to Ibrox but had slept in after a late night and had decided to go to Firhill instead (lucky them) who were saying how much they were enjoying the game and the whole Firhill match day experience.

Going for a hot soak in the bathtub.

It's day's like these that make all the years of misery worth it

possilboy
great result more to come yes.gif
Dimairt
Thanks to Irrie for another cracking result. When I heard that Morton were 2-0 down, I thought it would be our day but they've proved to be very resilient and it looks as if the match on 10th April will be a decider. I hope that neither our backlog of fixtures or Dunfermline going out of business come into play.
We have three away games now, Wednesday and Saturday at Cowdenbeath - who says there's no glamour in football anymore? - then Raith Rovers mid-week before the Cup Final.
It's a good time to be a Jags fan.

Durachdan,

Eddy

JAGZ1876
It's just a pity the Morton game is on a Wednesday night as i feel had it been played on a Saturday then we would have been putting out the sold out signs and Morton would have brought through a good 2/3,000.
Dimairt
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 24th Mar 2013, 03:56pm) *
It's just a pity the Morton game is on a Wednesday night as i feel had it been played on a Saturday then we would have been putting out the sold out signs and Morton would have brought through a good 2/3,000.

I'd thought so too JAGZ but their home crowd yesterday was just 1,533. They brought a good away crowd to this game - see below - and look what happened to them.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...greenock_morton

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 24th Mar 2013, 04:32pm) *
I'd thought so too JAGZ but their home crowd yesterday was just 1,533. They brought a good away crowd to this game - see below - and look what happened to them.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...greenock_morton

I know what you mean Eddy, i saw their crowd in the paper this morning, but like us they were playing a side who bring the equivalent of "3 men and a dug" to away games, and the video game was the Friday night match which did give us a higher than normal crowd, i don't think we will get as many through from Greenock on the Wednesday as were at that match on the Friday.

If i were on the board i would be trying to rearrange the match for a Saturday.
andypisces
What are the thistle crowds these days.?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (andypisces @ 24th Mar 2013, 05:08pm) *
What are the thistle crowds these days.?

In my opinion, disappointing for the league position we're in Andy, we had around 2,900 on Saturday against Livingston who don't bring many to away games, where i sit in the JH stand i can't see the away support as they are seated at the opposite end of the same stand so perhaps another GG Jags fan who was in the North stand could tell us how many they brought through but i would be surprised if there was more than 100 of them.

I would imagine the average attendance would be around the 2,500 mark, the largest home attendance was in November when we played Dunfermline in front of 5,268, i will be disappointed if we don't get more for our game against Morton next month even though it's a midweek game.
Dimairt
Attendances have been disappointing, all the more so since we've been playing such good, attractive attacking football since the start of the season. Given the standard of play, our consistency at home, the number of goals and the most exciting run-in to a season's end in godknowshowlong, there should be more.
Like most clubs, the decline in attendance has been gradual and it's hard to pinpoint any one reason.
SPL status will bring more to the ground, there'll be more of an away support for one thing; building a Jags support will take time.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Dimairt
Highlights from the Livie website. Enjoy.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/livitv/parti...0313/livitv.php

irrie
Dimairt
QUOTE (irrie @ 27th Mar 2013, 07:17pm) *

Only three tonight Irrie but...... we're top of the League!

Eddy
andypisces
We are number one.... great stuff JAGS
Dimairt
Doesn't this look good?

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/201...th/league_table

possilboy
great result still have a game in hand thumbup.gif
irrie
Well done Jags still a lot of hard work to do but im quietly confident.
JAGZ1876
Sorry i'm late to post guy's i'm just out my bed, i was on a night out and every time a goal alert came through bought a double, i think i had a good night laugh.gif

Great to be top of the league, now we have to work twice as hard to stay there, every team will be trying that bit harder now, starting with the Blue Brazil on Saturday who will be looking for a bit of revenge.

Dimairt
More of the same today please. 'Mon the Jags!

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...703_cowdenbeath
irrie
We are not scoring enough goals. biggrin.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 30th Mar 2013, 11:44am) *
More of the same today please. 'Mon the Jags!

Eddy

http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highli...703_cowdenbeath

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 Eddy.

I see we have signed Jordan McMillan and Andy Dowie from Dunfermline, good additions to the squad, they won't be first picks but as both have had good performances against us this season they will be good cover for injury's.

JAGZ1876
Cowdenbeath 1 V 2 Partick Th, not a bad day, 4 points clear one game in hand.

Tough game away to Raith Rovers on Tuesday, then the Ramsdens cup final on Sunday followed by the Top of the Table clash with Morton on Wednesday 10th, i don't know if i can last the pace laugh.gif

irrie
Im sure you will Jagz. As long as the players last the pace we will be ok.
Dimairt
A great win yesterday and Morton losing means we're four points ahead with a game in hand. Next week will be most important in the Jags history: a Cup Final followed by a top of the table clash with Morton. Can't wait.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index...beath-30032013/
Dave Grieve
well done to the Jags and their supporters, things are looking good thumbup.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 31st Mar 2013, 05:57pm) *
well done to the Jags and their supporters, things are looking good thumbup.gif

Thanks Dave, we won't be taking anything for granted though, still a lot of hard work to do making sure the wheels don't come off biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.